Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break at work

Options
  • 27-03-2020 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi, just quick question.
    Due corona my working hours has been changed, on one of the days I work 7 hours. I know that I'm entitled to 30minutes break, the question is do I have to take it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Your employer may require you to take it. And, depending on the nature of your work, health and safety rules or the terms of your employer's insurance may require your employer to require you to take it.

But if you don't want to take it and your employer is happy for you not to take it, who's going to object?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I suppose the question is whether you want to get paid for the extra half hour or leave early or if you just want to work a bit extra

Advertisement