Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental advice for child

• 27-03-2020 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone with dental knowledge I'd be so grateful if you could advise please. My 5 year old had a filling about 2 years ago now, and it fell out twice, and was refilled each time. The third time it fell out was about 3 months ago and as he wasn't complaining, I put it on the long finger to get sorted. Woe is me.
    Last night after I brushed his teeth, part of the remaining decayed tooth broke off. He's not in pain, it's not infected, but there's a decayed root and a small bit of tooth left in his gum.
    Local dentists all shut... Do I try and remove what's left before / in case it gets infected, do I leave it and hope it doesn't worsen, or should I get an appointment with the emergency dentist?
    Bearing in mind I've been self isolating since the school shutdown as I'm on the highly vulnerable list if I become infected.

Edit: I can't seem to be able to post pictures as file size is too large, tried screen shot - also too large.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Please do not try to remove part of tooth yourself. If it is not causing any pain, leave it alone, the roots will fall out when the adult tooth comes through. At the moment, dental clinics are seeing emergencies only, that is pain/swelling/infection, your child does not fall into those categories. When normality returns, take him to a dentist.

Advertisement