Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clara & Molly's Wonderful Quiz - GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

bit of controversy online too about the hair colour.....some say red, some say brunette

I'd dock five points from anyone questioning the quizmasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'd dock five points from anyone questioning the quizmasters.

Whilst this is the most appealing course of action...……….we won't be doing this.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    bit of controversy online too about the hair colour.....some say red, some say brunette

On review, conflicting reports say both so I'm going to take both answers as correct. Thanks for pointing this out.
    Kolido wrote: »
    I'd argue, Big Ben is not the name of a building
    Again, I take your point. I can confirm that I've accepted either the name of the bell (Big Ben), the name of the tower (Elizabeth Tower) or the name of the entire building (Westminster Palace).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

There seems to be plenty of pictures with both, the earliest I can see for red is in 1946, but there is some from 1940 as a light brown to Brunette depending on the picture.

We did say Brunette but I think we should just go with the quiz masters as they have obviously put the time in researching these questions

Edit: just seen Molly's above.. woop

oh, thanks Molly!
    very decent of you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Two literary characters can also be interpreted as a pair i.e. Holmes and Watson rather than from two separate books.

Two literary characters can also be interpreted as a pair i.e. Holmes and Watson rather than from two separate books.
    I did clarify this on thread when asked:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    They do not need to be from the same book.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I did clarify this on thread when asked:

Ya, I took that as the multiple Sherlock Holmes books, i.e. different stories portrayed on screen, but from different books

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Lads queries are always welcome but accept the game mods answers. It's their game.

• Advertisement

Ya, I took that as the multiple Sherlock Holmes books, i.e. different stories portrayed on screen, but from different books

I can only answer queries about things that I'm asked about. If in doubt, please feel free to clarify with me.

For the record I made the same mistake as you RT

Baggly wrote: »

yea, I'd say most people thought Sherlock & Watson were the two, we did!

I'm enjoying the game though, it's great to have something to keep us occupied for a few hours:)

Round 5: Sport
    1. What record did Shane Long break when he scored at Watford in April 2019?
    2. Who caused a major shock when he beat boxer Anthony Joshua in June 2019?
    3. Which 2 players contested the longest ever Wimbledons mens final?
    4. What takes place in Hong Kong’s Happy Valley?
    5. Who was awarded the RTÉ Sportsperson of the year in 2015?
    6. Who won the Premier League 2009/10?
    7. How many pegs or marbles are there in a solitaire boardgame?
    8. A Yarborough is a hand in which card game?
    9. Which Ulster County has never won the Ulster Football Championship?
    10. What is Tiger Woods’ full name?
    Round 6: Emoji Movies
    Please confirm the names of the movies in the below document
    ALL ANSWERS IN BY 9PM PLEASE.

20 points for round 6?

20 points for round 6?

Yep, 1 point per question.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Baggly wrote: »
    yea, I'd say most people thought Sherlock & Watson were the two, we did!

I'm enjoying the game though, it's great to have something to keep us occupied for a few hours:)

Yep, same with us. Oh well, its a lot of fun regardless.

I love love love the Emoji Round!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Yeah liking the little twist with this quiz, where one round each turn is pictures and stuff

Sport round! Woop woop..

Loving the Emoji challenge.. brilliant idea

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

1. Who or what is Priscilla in ‘The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

Was Priscilla not a campervan? In the musical they say they are getting a "barbie campervan"!

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    Was Priscilla not a campervan? In the musical they say they are getting a "barbie campervan"!

The stage musical is called Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, the movie based on the musical is called The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. The question was based on the movie, in which Priscilla is the tour bus.
    In any case, I think it's a bus in the stage musical anyway and they (Australians) may use campervan interchangeably with bus. It's not a campervan though. It's a bus.

I was a bus once. Didnt take.

3/10 would not be a bus again.

I bet you weren't anywhere near as beautiful as Priscilla though.

The emoji round is great craic. Gonna share it with my family chat group after we've submitted our answers. Give them something fun to do, distract them from the gloom for a little while.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I bet you weren't anywhere near as beautiful as Priscilla though.

Yes well that's as may be molly

The stage musical is called Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, the movie based on the musical is called The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. The question was based on the movie, in which Priscilla is the tour bus.
    In any case, I think it's a bus in the stage musical anyway and they (Australians) may use campervan interchangeably with bus. It's not a campervan though. It's a bus.

Is it worth watching? The movie? I usually enjoy musicals and although I had heard the name Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, I don't think I realised it was a musical.

The emoji round is great craic. Gonna share it with my family chat group after we've submitted our answers. Give them something fun to do, distract them from the gloom for a little while.
    Full disclosure, the girls in my office do a Christmas quiz every year and they included this round in last year's quiz. It went down so well with everyone I knew I wanted this included. I've just expanded it to 20 questions. I think they had 8.
    Is it worth watching? The movie? I usually enjoy musicals and although I had heard the name Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, I don't think I realised it was a musical.

Yeah it's good craic actually. I was thinking the other day I may get it out again. Hugo Weaving was really weird as a queen but they all were great in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Yes! Yes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Clarabel wrote: »
    Yes! Yes!

Yes, especially for Hugo Weaving

• Advertisement

Answers in for Quizteama Aguilera & The Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Advertisement