Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubbish Removal

• 27-03-2020 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used Bob’s or Taylor’s rubbish removal service?

Does anyone know if these two guys charge by weight or if it is a fixed fee? And how much is it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Think I've used both, definitely used Taylor's, he'll come out look at what you want gone & give you a price, might be a small bit of room for negotiation but not much, up to you then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Matt's removals for me. Bob was stupidly expensive, you live and learn. Just needed the job done fast.

Only had Matt out the other day, really recommend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Berty wrote: »
    Matt's removals for me. Bob was stupidly expensive, you live and learn. Just needed the job done fast.

Second this, have used Matt a few times for removing rubbish and never disappointed. Good service and reasonably priced.

Berty wrote: »

Second this, have used Matt a few times for removing rubbish and never disappointed. Good service and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m guessing that Matt is Taylor.

I appreciate the feedback on it but really need to know the kind of prices they charge as my friend is seriously short on money.

What do Bob and Matt base the cost on?

• Advertisement

I appreciate the feedback on it but really need to know the kind of prices they charge as my friend is seriously short on money.

Matt's Waste Removal, Matt Franklin is the guy who owns it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The amount of waste to be removed and the amount of money they will have to pay to have it accepted at a waste recycling centre.

You won't find out the cost until they come out & see what you want removed, you can either accept, negotiate or decline...just because they come out, you are under no obligation to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

I’ve been trying to get in touch with these lads for a couple hours but they are obviously busy.

We have an old radiator lying here that is like to get rid of.

Would they do a collection for just that?

The Mammal wrote: »
    I’ve been trying to get in touch with these lads for a couple hours but they are obviously busy.

We have an old radiator lying here that is like to get rid of.

Would they do a collection for just that?

Don't bother. The expense involved for disposing of just one item would be too much. If you have a car drive out to United Metals in Ballysimon - it's opposite the NCT centre. They took two large radiators off my hands recently. No charge involved. Whenever they are open again, that is. I presume they are shut at the moment. You should ring up and enquire anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 The Mammal

chicorytip wrote: »
    Don't bother. The expense involved for disposing of just one item would be too much. If you have a car drive out to United Metals in Ballysimon - it's opposite the NCT centre. They took two large radiators off my hands recently. No charge involved. Whenever they are open again, that is. I presume they are shut at the moment. You should ring up and enquire anyway.

I had been thinking it might be on the pricey side but it is the transport itself that is the problem. I’m not able to drive for the foreseeable future.

I’ll check out United Metals though (didn’t know about them). If the Irish collectors are still working then the likes of Mungret recycling must be too - or else where are they bringing the rubbish? Maybe United Metals are too.

Maybe I can find someone to take me or jays take the radiator for me.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I’d say they’d take a rad ok, they won’t or don’t just dispose of one item, they will wait until they have a full load & then get rid of, multiple customers could make up one load for them

The Mammal wrote: »
    I had been thinking it might be on the pricey side but it is the transport itself that is the problem. I’m not able to drive for the foreseeable future.

I’ll check out United Metals though (didn’t know about them). If the Irish collectors are still working then the likes of Mungret recycling must be too - or else where are they bringing the rubbish? Maybe United Metals are too.

Maybe I can find someone to take me or jays take the radiator for me.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I know that Mungret Recycling Centre is operating as normal but I'm unsure if they accept items like radiators or not. The Limerick Council website would have the relevant information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Sorry to bump an old thread. I've a few bits to get rid of and rang bobs rubbish removal last week but the price seemed very high, does anyone know how much it is for Matts to take a double mattress and a few small bits(bikes mainly)?

PM sent.

On a similar vein, I've 2 ton bags of topsoil/stone/gravel that I need rid of. Any ideas as to who would take them away and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,398 ✭✭✭✭phog

Any nearby farmer that would take it off your hands, they might have a hole/hollow that they want to fill. Ideally, it would be easier to get rid of it if the topsoil is separate from the stone/gravel.

When I say topsoil, in reality it's literally what I dug out of the garden to extend the patio - including stones and grass - so perhaps not.

So, whoever is moving it would need a vehicle with a hoist in order to lift the bags ? Mr. Binman spring to mind. They have trucks that carry laden skips. Any of the other skip hire people might be able to help also - Fitzgerald's, for example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement