Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation of Oral/Practical Exams

• 27-03-2020 8:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭

Please review mod's decision.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please post the mod discussion following the closure of your thread yesterday here

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 108 ✭✭Lc2020

You have been banned
    Dear Lc2020,

You have been banned from Leaving Cert for two weeks for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

randylonghorn

Moderator Note

24 hours ago you told another member of Boards to "Va te faire" and were banned for a (very lenient) 24 hours as a result of that abuse.

24 hours later you return and immediately call the same poster a xenophobe because she pointed out to you that Board

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lc2020 View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by History Queen View Post
    That is not what Rainbow trout is doing. You are using hyperbole to try force agreement with a flawed argument.
    Is that so? I ask you to consider things from a sixth year's perspective. With so much uncertainty it is a completely accurate assertion to make. It is not hyperbole, it's the dark reality. Students' minds have been put to ease all around the globe, yet Irish students are made suffer such torment for months.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,962 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Where is your PM to the mod disputing the ban, and their reply back to you?

It seems this is a different ban to the one you were disputing in your earlier thread here

It is.

I got kicked for speaking French. Ridiculous

They told me to take it here.

The vitriol evident in the comments on that thread aimed towards me was unaceeptable. Methinks it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

I'd appreciate if you would look into this for me. There was absolutely no malice in my comments and this ban was completely uncalled for.

I can't post messages as there's nothing to show. The mod was clearly unwilling to discuss the matter further.

Please post the PM you sent to the mod, and their's telling you to bring it here

Thanks

• Advertisement

It's actually highly racist to force someone to speak a language they'd rather not. Sugercoat it all you want that's completely unacceptable. I'm appealing this ban on the grounds that I haven't done anything wrong.
    Should I not hear from you soon I will post this in the disputes thread.

I will not tolerate such racism on boards. Boards should be open to all languages. There isn't a policy written on the leaving cert threads which dictates what language should or shouldn't be posted.

I'm absolutely entitled to be enraged by comments telling me to speak a specific language. This would not be tolerated anywhere else online or indeed in the real world.

There isn't a policy written on the LC threads which dictates what language should or shouldn't be posted because it is a Boards-wide policy. Perhaps you should have read the Boards general rules at some point - I'm pretty sure you have to acknowledge that you have in fact done so when you sign up.

How you conflate a policy which seeks to ensure that everyone can actually follow a discussion with racism is beyond my understanding.

In any case, you weren't banned for posting in French, you were banned for abusing another poster, and I consider the penalty applied extremely lenient.

By all means take it to the DRF if you wish, that is my final word on the subject.

Thank you

There is only one Category Moderator for Education, and that is spurious, who issued the other ban you are currently contesting

In the circumstances I am prepared to look at both of these sanctions for you.

If you do not agree with either or indeed both of my decisions you will be able to appeal to another Admin for a final ruling

Is that acceptable?

Beasty wrote: »
    Thank you

There is only one Category Moderator for Education, and that is spurious, who issued the other ban you are currently contesting

In the circumstances I am prepared to look at both of these sanctions for you.

If you do not agree with either or indeed both of my decisions you will be able to appeal to another Admin for a final ruling

Is that acceptable?

Thank you very much

Looking at the posts leading up to this ban:

Yesterday you posted
    Lc2020 wrote: »
    Es-tu fou ? Si on veut progresser, on doit pleurnicher. Autrement personne n'écoutera ...

It was pointed out to you that Boards has a policy of requiring posts in English. That's not totally accurate, the site FAQs state:

We speak English, so should you
    English is the mother tongue of Ireland and is the language that the vast majority of our populace speaks. If you wish to speak in any other language, you must provide an English translation for what you're saying - it's just good manners. Some forums like Teach na nGealt or the Languages sub-forums are exempt from this rule.
    You then posted
    Va te faire,

il n'existe aucune politique

You were then informed again that the site requires English to be used, and received a 1 day ban for one of the above French language posts

Once that ban was up you posted this
    Just a word of advice for the xenophobe,

don't ever tell someone what language they should speak. If you were to do that on the streets of Dublin you'd rightly be called up on such reprehensible behaviour. As a teacher you should know much better.

The mod then posted this
    24 hours ago you told another member of Boards to "Va te faire" and were banned for a (very lenient) 24 hours as a result of that abuse.

24 hours later you return and immediately call the same poster a xenophobe because she pointed out to you that Boards has a policy that English is the working language except in special circumstances.

In PM to me, you proceeded to rant about the "racism" of this, despite the fact that it is simply a mechanism to ensure that there is a common language for communication, and I explained this to you last night.

Despite this, as soon as you return, you revert to this nonsense, call RBT a xenophobe, and make vaguely threatening statements about what would happen to her on the streets of Dublin if she dared to tell anyone what language they could speak ... on Boards presumably, though ofc you're ignoring that bit as usual because it doesn't suit your agenda. Just as you ignore everything else which doesn't suit your agenda.

This took you about an hour after your ban was lifted.

Leniency obviously doesn't work with you, and I seldom make the same mistake twice.

Banned for two weeks.

So, as a start, could you please provide English translations of the 2 posts you made in French

Thanks

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Looking at the posts leading up to this ban:

Yesterday you posted

It was pointed out to you that Boards has a policy of requiring posts in English. That's not totally accurate, the site FAQs state:

We speak English, so should you
    English is the mother tongue of Ireland and is the language that the vast majority of our populace speaks. If you wish to speak in any other language, you must provide an English translation for what you're saying - it's just good manners. Some forums like Teach na nGealt or the Languages sub-forums are exempt from this rule.
    You then posted

You were then informed again that the site requires English to be used, and received a 1 day ban for one of the above French language posts

Once that ban was up you posted this

The mod then posted this

So, as a start, could you please provide English translations of the 2 posts you made in French

Thanks

So what I said was

(on doit pleurincher).. one must whinge to be heard.

Having been told what language to speak I told the person to get lost (va te faire) which perhaps wasn't warranted and the 24 hour ban was merited. It still remains the case however that I have been kicked for 2 weeks for honestly no reason. I called the person a xenophobe because of the bitterness/vitriol/passive-agressive nature of what she had said ("maybe you should familiarise yourself with it"). This 2 week ban is completely unjust imo

Please fully translate both posts

Thanks

User banned for re-registering to evade forum ban

Thread closed

They can contact me if they wish to resurrect this appeal once their ban is over

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement