Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor Gym Swords Area?

Options
  • 27-03-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of any outdoor gym in Swords area?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They'd be prohibited from midnight tonight. Any gathering is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

They'd be prohibited from midnight tonight. Any gathering is.

I get that, I'm just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Any more than 4 in a group you can expect dispersal orders or arrest from AGS, so bit of a non runner OP

Who said anything about a gathering or a group? I simply asked boards if there was any outdoor gym in the Swords area. Any divergence from this isn't relevant to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

There is one in Kettles Lane Park in Drynam, Kinsealy.

Fairly new machines too and are like the ones in Malahide Castle.

https://goo.gl/maps/i998cXiotQied8Ui6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oh do you mean the outdoor gym equipment OP? They've blocked off some of them, I don't know if it's even possible to do it with all of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They've taped off the ones in the park near me.

Oh do you mean the outdoor gym equipment OP? They've blocked off some of them, I don't know if it's even possible to do it with all of it.

Yeah that type of stuff. No worries,thanks.

PCros wrote: »
    There is one in Kettles Lane Park in Drynam, Kinsealy.

Fairly new machines too and are like the ones in Malahide Castle.

https://goo.gl/maps/i998cXiotQied8Ui6

It's in a park is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Yes just along the path where the car park is.

• Advertisement

PCros wrote: »
    Yes just along the path where the car park is.

Cheers for that. Looks like a good set up but it's all taped up unfortunately.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

There's some in the park opposite the Centra in Seabury, Malahide.

Also some in Newbridge House - around the back of the farm.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

CWF wrote: »
    I get that, I'm just wondering.

Do a lot more reps with bodyweight.

Dont touch stuff other people might touch, or touched already

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Especially not metal/plastic. :eek:
    There was a news report on the BBC the other day, showed a lot of people using the outdoor equipment. (One even sad that they weren't specifically told not to).
    A virologist during the same report stated that they were among the worst places for spreading. It can survive on cold steel for up to three days, and on the plastic it's covered with for the same length of time.
    They predicted that one person using one piece of equipment in a town population of 5,000 would (going by average user per head of outdoor equipment) have the whole town infected in less than two weeks.
    Now that people (were) using outdoor equipment more frequently, and more of the equipment, you can imagine the damage it would do.
    It is no wonder they are taped off.
    Massive fine for anyone seen using it I would expect.
    Couldn't find the news report (I didn't look too hard) - but here is a list of examples of how long coronavirus lasts on surfaces
    The scientists found that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, was detectable in the air for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to 2 to 3 days on plastic and stainless steel.

The results of the study provide additional insight into the stability of the new SARS-CoV-2, or severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, and suggest that people may acquire the virus through the air and after touching contaminated objects, according to the authors.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

All outdoor gyms are taped off. Trust me, that was my no1 plan, no2 plan was spending a fortune on my own weights.

Advertisement