Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Jasus man. Go back & read the last few thread. I'm not going to spam the thread with the same exact quote over & over & over again

You haven't given it once!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

The amount of muppets out for hours running is crazy, some doing half and even full marathon distance to prove they can manage it within a 2 km from home .
    Same people would be giving out about kids out and about, people posting routes on how to go about getting around the 2km issue. Some of them wouldn’t even be regular runners but suddenly feel the need to try a half marathon. People setting up on line challenges to see who can do the longest distance within 2km.
    What is about brief excerise people don’t understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I've been at my friends house since Friday on the other side of the city and I really need to go back to my house approx 5/6km away. Am I allowed make this journey? I can't stay here indefinitely or realistically even for 2 weeks.

You're going home. Of course that is okay!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bluefivetwo23

Penfailed wrote: »
    You're going home. Of course that is okay!

It's just that I need my friend to drive me home and then for him to drive back to his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The rule is very clear.

It's not though. That's why there's debate on this thread about it. I'm in the, 'it's okay to exercise as a family unit,' camp.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    The amount of muppets out for hours running is crazy, some doing half and even full marathon distance to prove they can manage it within a 2 km from home .
    Same people would be giving out about kids out and about, people posting routes on how to go about getting around the 2km issue. Some of them wouldn’t even be regular runners but suddenly feel the need to try a half marathon. People setting up on line challenges to see who can do the longest distance within 2km.
    What is about brief excerise people don’t understand.

Whatever gets people through this time is fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HDiPower

Hi everyone, I have received 2 replies from 2 different people from HSE. 1 says family is ok other, latest says it's not ok. I have asked them to clarify because they seem to have internal confusion (which may explain some of the contradictory literature).
    Will update in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I've been at my friends house since Friday on the other side of the city and I really need to go back to my house approx 5/6km away. Am I allowed make this journey? I can't stay here indefinitely or realistically even for 2 weeks.

Not giving you a hard time, just curious as to why you went to your friends on Friday?

Did you not know about social isolating? Maybe you didn't understand what it meant?

Penfailed wrote: »
    It's not though. That's why there's debate on this thread about it. I'm in the, 'it's okay to exercise as a family unit,' camp.

You honestly think the text I quoted is somehow not clear?

I honestly don't know how it could be made any clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Hi all,

Thoughts please = separated dad, living in Dublin - kids (6 and 8) live about 5km away. Living with girlfriend in 1 bed apartment, and we are both now wfh 5 days per week. Agreement with the kids mom normally is every 2nd wknd and 3-7pm every Weds and Fri. Usually at wknds we would stay with my parents, but that is off the table obviously as they are cocooning.

Last week, in an effort to help and share responsibility, I collected kids 10-8pm on Tues and Thurs, and from 2-8pm on Weds, as their mom is also v busy and doing wfh.

Can this continue following the further restrictions under the exception listed here :

- for vital family reasons including caring for children, elderly or vulnerable people but excluding social family visits"caring for children" and "vital family reasons"

Mom's boyfriend is staying at her house I believe, he has kids from another relationship, but I'm unsure whether he is in contact with them, but I'd imagine so

Also, kids are due to be with me next weekend

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,017 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Daithi40 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thoughts please = separated dad, living in Dublin - kids (6 and 8) live about 5km away. Living with girlfriend in 1 bed apartment, and we are both now wfh 5 days per week. Agreement with the kids mom normally is every 2nd wknd and 3-7pm every Weds and Fri. Usually at wknds we would stay with my parents, but that is off the table obviously as they are cocooning.

Last week, in an effort to help and share responsibility, I collected kids 10-8pm on Tues and Thurs, and from 2-8pm on Weds, as their mom is also v busy and doing wfh.

Can this continue following the further restrictions under the exception listed here :

- for vital family reasons including caring for children, elderly or vulnerable people but excluding social family visits"caring for children" and "vital family reasons"

Mom's boyfriend is staying at her house I believe, he has kids from another relationship, but I'm unsure whether he is in contact with them, but I'd imagine so

Also, kids are due to be with me next weekend

Thoughts?

I would suggest contacting HSE for information. Everyone here would just be guessing. A poster emailed them last night twice & got two replies this morning so not a long delay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It's just that I need my friend to drive me home and then for him to drive back to his house.

Just go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

peasant wrote: »
    I'm in a bit of a heap at the moment and need some outside advice

I may have to attend a family emergency in Germany.
    Laving aside the fact that I probably shouldn't go because of the risk of catching and transferring the virus to my family, which I'm aware of ...would I even make it to the airport and out of the country at the moment? (travelling from the NW)

I wouldn’t even dream of trying tbh.

From HSE Website. “ exercise outdoors - only within 2 kilometres of your home and with members of your own household, keeping 2 metres distance between you and other people”

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

d15ude wrote: »
    What do you think they would do - launch a full scale investigation?
    Just drive to your place of work!

Thanks for the valuable advice....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Good to see that they’ve updated their guidance to align with what was communicated elsewhere and in line with common sense.

HDiPower wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have received 2 replies from 2 different people from HSE. 1 says family is ok other, latest says it's not ok. I have asked them to clarify because they seem to have internal confusion (which may explain some of the contradictory literature).
    Will update in due course.

Government ad on RTE says you can only go out with your household/ family hub or you go alone. No restriction on the amount of people from your home allowed out at the same time & absolutely no mention that only one partent can go with children

From HSE Website. “ exercise outdoors - only within 2 kilometres of your home and with members of your own household, keeping 2 metres distance between you and other people”

Interesting if the scaremongers are man/woman enough to admit they were wrong & their command of the English languish needs some improvement.

:pac::pac::pac:

Someone asked about the council bring centers. They said that their usual Saturday bin collection didn't happen.

Bring centers are closed for two weeks at least. Can't speak for all bin companies but City bins in Dublin are still working. They ask a small favor though. Please wipe down the bin handle with a Detol wipe or something like that & if anyone in your home has or is suspected of having the virus can you double bag everything.

Not a lot to ask imo

They've obviously just changed it. You'll notice the statement on the page:

"Last updated: 29 March 2020 at 3.30pm"

...which is less than an hour ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

Interesting if the scaremongers are man/woman enough to admit they were wrong & their command of the English languish needs some improvement.

Glad to see they have updated the site to clear up any confusion

They've obviously just changed it. You'll notice the statement on the page:

"Last updated: 29 March 2020 at 3.30pm"

...which is less than an hour ago.

Sooooo. Was I right or was I right?

Not at all, that text is about an hour old and a change from that I quoted from the same place earlier.

Sooooo. Was I right or was I right?

You were wrong before 3:30 today and you're right now.

Happy?

Not at all, that text is about an hour old and a change from that I quoted from the same place earlier.

It reflects what was said on Radio 1 at approximately 9am today.

Happy?

No. I was right all along. I heard it on RTÉ Radio 1 around 9am.

Blessed is (s)he who believes though (s)he doesn’t see (or hear).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

Good that they've relaxed the rules and updated their website!

That could well be the case.

To be fair to the people behind this, I think they're doing an incredible job.

Even at the best of times, trying to synchronise major anouncements is hard enough and these are far from the best of times.

Happy?

It actually reflects what Leo said 15 minutes 30 seconds into the announcement on Friday night. Some are just too pig headed to admit it. :(

• Advertisement

That could well be the case.

To be fair to the people behind this, I think they're doing an incredible job.

Even at the best of times, trying to synchronise major anouncements is hard enough and these are far from the best of times.

They have made plenty of mistakes but there is no blueprint or rule book they can follow. I think FG stank in office for the last two governments but I do give credit for the job they are trying to do now. They wanted to impose these tighter restrictions for the last two weeks but had to wait on new legislation to be passed. The ink wasn't dry on it after the president signed into law & they arranged the press conference on Friday. Now I think they had two weeks to work on the list & it should have been ready at the time of the speech but it wasn't. That said they are holding their own on the world stage. We shutdown at the time Borris was telling people to keep shaking hands. We shut down around the same time Trump claimed the virus (that first appeared in the US if January) was a hoax. Our government moved much more quickly than most countries. Lets hope we see the benefits of this

Advertisement