Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Manc_Red wrote: »
    Discredited by a idiotic narcissist.

You're too emotionally invested in Trump to have a credible opinion to the extent that if Trump loved the WHO , you would then hate the WHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Question: I see Bus Eireann / Expressway buses still operating. Can anyone use them OR will the driver look for a covering letter to say you are Essential Services etc. Who are they carrying ??

What is to stop me getting a bus from Dublin to Limerick to see my mate/girlfriend/mother??? Hypothetically ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Masala wrote: »
    Question: I see Bus Eireann / Expressway buses still operating. Can anyone use them OR will the driver look for a covering letter to say you are Essential Services etc. Who are they carrying ??

What is to stop me getting a bus from Dublin to Limerick to see my mate/girlfriend/mother??? Hypothetically ....

Hypothetically you'd be breaking the law by visiting someone you don't live with and making a non essential journey. Gardai have been boarding buses and trains to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

Hypothetically, hopefully you've more cop on and love your mate/girlfriend/mother enough to not expose them to either the covid you might already have for the last week or so without symptoms; or the covid you might pick up on your unnecessary journey.

Likewise for the people you may infect back in Dublin after returning home.

In practice, the bus will be boarded and you will be questioned. 78 muppets arrested up to last week.

Cop on, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Hypothetically, hopefully you've more cop on and love your mate/girlfriend/mother enough to not expose them to either the covid you might already have for the last week or so without symptoms; or the covid you might pick up on your unnecessary journey.

Likewise for the people you may infect back in Dublin after returning home.

In practice, the bus will be boarded and you will be questioned. 78 muppets arrested up to last week.

Cop on, like.

Whoa Tiger...... don’t get your knickers in a twist. But thanks for the input...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Whoa Tiger...... don’t get your knickers in a twist. But thanks for the input...

Dublin has the highest proportion of covid cases in the country per 100,000 of population. I can see why someone might think it a bit wrong that you’d be popping down to limerick from Dublin, and potentially helping limerick to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Peterlally1986

Looking for clarity on visiting family members outside at a social distance? Does that mean I can travel 60km to visit them if I adhere to the rules? (After May 18th).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,840 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Looking for clarity on visiting family members outside at a social distance? Does that mean I can travel 60km to visit them if I adhere to the rules? (After May 18th).

Officially no. You can't do that until late July from my understanding as travel distance restrictions will still be in effect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

No. Within 5k up to June 8th. 20k limit then applies till 20 July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Officially no. You can't do that until late July from my understanding as travel distance restrictions will still be in effect

There are currently no travel distance restrictions.

• Advertisement

Nope. After May 18th, you've 3 weeks of Phase 1:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/ad5dd0-easing-the-covid-19-restrictions-on-may-18-phase-1/

"Stay at home
    You should still stay at home as much as you possibly can.

Meeting small groups outside
    Up to 4 people who don't live together can meet outdoors while keeping at least 2 metres apart."

It's confusing and contradictory, but the chart in the roadmap pdf is a bit clearer:

https://assets.gov.ie/73722/ffd17d70fbb64b498fd809dde548f411.pdf

‘Stay at home’ restriction
     Continue to avoid unnecessary journeys

Small groups outdoors
     Up to four people not of same household to meet outdoors while maintaining strict social distancing

Social visits
     Continue to avoid nonessential social visiting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

...as long as the journey is essential.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

There are currently no travel distance restrictions if your journey is essential.

I.e., shopping for necessities, medical requirement, or essential work, where that work can't be carried out at home.

There is a 2km restriction on travel for exercise, increasing to 5k on Tuesday.

If your journey is not essential (or to take exercise within that distance limit), you are to stay at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Is there an exception to the limit of 10 people for funerals where the immediate family is quite large? Someone near me has died and they had 12 children so even if it was his wife and all the kids it’s still over the limit

Gael23 wrote: »
    Is there an exception to the limit of 10 people for funerals where the immediate family is quite large? Someone near me has died and they had 12 children so even if it was his wife and all the kids it’s still over the limit

Not according to the official guidelines in that pdf, anyway. They say from 18th May:

" Continue current restrictions on attendance at funerals to a maximum of ten
    people and only members of the household, close family or close friends if the
    deceased has no household or family members"

Can a business deliver outside of 5 km ?

If i sell something online can I deliver it personally in a van and leave it outside at the buyers address ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Can a business deliver outside of 5 km ?

If i sell something online can I deliver it personally in a van and leave it outside at the buyers address ?

The 5k is only for exercise, if it is essential business off ya pop.

EyesClosed wrote: »
    The 5k is only for exercise, if it is essential business off ya pop.

I sold an item on adverts. The lady who bought it cant afford the courier cost
    Can I deliver it 50km ? A trampoline is not an essential item but its essential to me to get rid of it.

Can I deliver it 50km ? A trampoline is not an essential item but its essential to me to get rid of it.

You can do whatever you like

EyesClosed wrote: »
    You can do whatever you like

Can I deliver it Legally speaking ? because I'm not used to Breaking the law ..lol ...

• Advertisement

Can I deliver it Legally speaking ? because I'm not used to Breaking the law ..lol ...

No, you can't. It's not an essential journey.

No, you can't. It's not an essential journey.

why can't.i work as a courier for my own sale ?

Go do it, nobody is stopping you, or you could stay and argue over it here, up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

If you know anyone from Ni they could drive to you and then deliver it , play a round of golf anywhere they fancy , drive back to NI via the scenic route

Because you don't want to do anything illegal?

Because you don't want to call this woman's house and pass on a covid infection you picked up a week ago but don't know about?

Because you don't want to be driving for 100k, unnecessarily putting you and other road users at risk, because if there's an accident you'll be potentially using up valuable emergency and health service resources?

Because the regulations say make only essential journeys, and delivering a trampoline when you aren't a bone fide courier isn't essential?

I mean, knock yourself out. You can debate whether or not you're a bona fide courier or not with any Garda checkpoints you meet, and their interpretation may well be different from mine, and the published regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

If you look at other trampoline sales on adverts you can see most have no problem breaking the law to collect.

Because you don't want to do anything illegal?

Because you don't want to call this woman's house and pass on a covid infection you picked up a week ago but don't know about?

Because you don't want to be driving for 100k, unnecessarily putting you and other road users at risk, because if there's an accident you'll be potentially using up valuable emergency and health service resources?

Because the regulations say make only essential journeys, and delivering a trampoline when you aren't a bone fide courier isn't essential?

I mean, knock yourself out. You can debate whether or not you're a bona fide courier or not with any Garda checkpoints you meet, and their interpretation may well be different from mine, and the published regulations.

The worst thing about this "crisis" is how it encouraged the condescending out of the woodwork.
    You started defending the law idiotically instesd of just stating it.
    Theres a negligible chance of my passing on an infection since unlike a delivery driver I don't have to verify anything or report back to anyone.
    Theres also a.highly reduced chance of accident since theres far fewer people on the roads.
    Furthermore its my. right to use up healthcare resources if I am.involved in an accident however contrary to what you claimed, the hospitals.and.ambulance service have never been quieter.

The worst thing about this "crisis" is how it encouraged the condescending out of the woodwork.
    Theres a negligible chance of my passing on an infection since unlike a delivery driver I don't have to verify anything or report back to anyone.
    Theres also a.highly reduced chance of accident since theres far fewer people on the roads.
    Furthermore its my. right to use up healthcare resources if I am.involved in an accident however contrary to what you claimed, the hospitals.and.ambulance service have never been quieter.

Yet again....go deliver it....I don't even think there is an actual delivery. I think you have made up a situation to start an argument here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

It sounds like you've already made up your mind and are just here looking for someone to agree with you.

• Advertisement

VonLuck wrote: »
    It sounds like you've already made up your mind and are just here looking for someone to agree with you.

"advice" from people who make up their minds without evidence isn't required ThankYou
    I could just as easily accuse you of only being here to annoy people

Advertisement