Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Driver1980

There is milions viruses among us , and you can;t help it, this virus is like another flue virus, only very sick people are dying and very old who were sick and normal flue could kill them too.

Let;s say someone had cancer, got corona and they put corona as something that killed him.

Beaches, lakes, ice cream sale thousand kids playing together, safer than going to visit my family from A to B. So how can we believe them hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

Sorry posted this already in wrong thread.

So we were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc.

I should mention the person who's house it is is a nurse who was on a covid ward but is now moved back to the diabetes ward.

Thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

foxy_j wrote: »

So we were invited to a friend's for a BBQ this weekend. Bit surprised tbh and not sure that's wise at the moment. I know it's outdoors but I'll deffo need the loo while there and obviously we'd be using their cutlery, plates etc.

I should mention the person who's house it is is a nurse who was on a covid ward but is now moved back to the diabetes ward.

Thoughts

It's about two phases too soon? Meet in groups of no more than four, outdoors, for no more than two hours. That will not be happening at a bbq. That's how the curve stops flattening and starts heading upwards again.

We've done the visiting-the-in-laws-garden-for-two-hours thing, gently declined the offers of beer and wine, and the offer to move inside when it started getting cooler, and it's ****. But it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

But I'd much rather have phase 2, 3, 4, etc., arrive on time with no rollbacks...

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

Work with me here... I addressed that.

If no vaccine, then isolate for 14 days. If no covid, then visit.

Alternatively, get a covid test, wait 2 or 3 days for the result. If no covid, then visit.

You need to think things through before you post. She lives in Britain, to get to Ireland, she'll have to fly. Getting a flight and travelling to Ireland is too risky isn't it? Isolating for 14 days is useless then as is getting a test.

It's about two phases too soon? Meet in groups of no more than four, outdoors, for no more than two hours. That will not be happening at a bbq. That's how the curve stops flattening and starts heading upwards again.

We've done the visiting-the-in-laws-garden-for-two-hours thing, gently declined the offers of beer and wine, and the offer to move inside when it started getting cooler, and it's ****. But it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

But I'd much rather have phase 2, 3, 4, etc., arrive on time with no rollbacks...

And magically covid disappears after phase 4. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

foxy_j wrote: »

Thoughts
    I suppose two things:

1. Grilled meats are a diabetes risk :)
    2. If we let things become a free-for-all, with everyone ignoring requests from public health, we are all potentially at risk both now and in the future. I think we all have to decide whether we're going to be part of a community, or just act as individuals.

hmmm wrote: »
    I suppose two things:

1. Grilled meats are a diabetes risk :)
    2. If we let things become a free-for-all, with everyone ignoring requests from public health, we are all potentially at risk both now and in the future. I think we all have to decide whether we're going to be part of a community, or just act as individuals.

Everything is a diabetes risk unless you live a completely miserable existence.

callmehal wrote: »
    You need to think things through before you post. She lives in Britain, to get to Ireland, she'll have to fly. Getting a flight and travelling to Ireland is too risky isn't it?

Yes. Which is exactly what I said in my original post.
    Isolating for 14 days is useless then as is getting a test.

What? Isolating for 14 days or getting a test is proof - as much as one can get - that the person doesn't have covid and is safe to visit their parents.

And magically covid disappears after phase 4. :pac:

Ah, 18 posts... why did I bother responding to a troll. /facepalm

Yes. Which is exactly what I said in my original post.

What? Isolating for 14 days or getting a test is proof - as much as one can get - that the person doesn't have covid and is safe to visit their parents.

So she'll never be able to visit her mam as it's too risky to fly to Ireland?

But she'll have to fly to Ireland after getting the test and isolating, you say she shouldn't fly so what's the point in isolating and getting a test done? She'll just have to remain in Britain until a vaccine is created in 1 year, 2 years, 10 years.

• Advertisement

Ah, 18 posts... why did I bother responding to a troll. /facepalm

There's the white flag raised! :D Your argument has been destroyed.

So she'll never be able to visit her mam as it's too risky to fly to Ireland?

But she'll have to fly to Ireland after getting the test and isolating, you say she shouldn't fly so what's the point in isolating and getting a test done? She'll just have to remain in Britain until a vaccine is created in 1 year, 2 years, 10 years.

Obvious troll is obvious.

But just in case, once more for the slow ones at the back. In words of no more than 3 syllables (because "isolate" has three).

* Fly to Ireland. Then:
    a) Isolate for 14 days. If test is clear, visit parents. Or
    b) Get test. Isolate for 2 or 3 days. If test is clear, visit parents.

All as per original post.

This is the bit where you now wilfully misinterpret what I've written, once again. Have fun.

Obvious troll is obvious.

But just in case, once more for the slow ones at the back. In words of no more than 3 syllables (because "isolate" has three).

* Fly to Ireland. Then:
    a) Isolate for 14 days. If test is clear, visit parents. Or
    b) Get test. Isolate for 2 or 3 days. If test is clear, visit parents.

All as per original post.

This is the bit where you now wilfully misinterpret what I've written, once again. Have fun.

:D And where's she going to isolate? You got any spare houses for her? You really haven't thought this through!

:D And where's she going to isolate? You got any spare houses for her? You really haven't thought this through!

Then you’re on to option (c) - No visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Was out today loading a skip for a sick family member. Driving there and back and it looked like any bank holiday weekend last year. Crowds out all over the shop and not much distance between them. Monday in 3 weeks time will be a good test. If no huge spike, that should put the bed any concerns about it being out in the community or it spreading much outside. And if there's no spike or rise in cases, coupled with similar in other countries. They need to move the phases forward.

Was out today loading a skip for a sick family member. Driving there and back and it looked like any bank holiday weekend last year. Crowds out all over the shop and not much distance between them. Monday in 3 weeks time will be a good test. If no huge spike, that should put the bed any concerns about it being out in the community or it spreading much outside. And if there's no spike or rise in cases, coupled with similar in other countries. They need to move the phases forward.

So long as people are prepared for them to move back if their selfishness causes a big spike. Works both roads.

Then you’re on to option (c) - No visit.

No visit forever!

No visit forever!

True. Unless they do (a) or (b).

Ffs.

Yeah, you know what, you're right. No visits, forever. She will never see her parents again. There is absolutely no way whatsoever to come to Ireland in one of the later phases, some weeks away, and stay somewhere for between 2/3 days and 14 days, because there are no rental properties, AirBnB exploded, and the government saying hotels can reopen from July 20th was a lie spread by 5G.

If you've nothing useful to contribute, would you ever just jog on...

True. Unless they do (a) or (b).

Not true! The risk is still there. Unless there's some magic after the last stage of restrictions.

• Advertisement

Ffs.

Yeah, you know what, you're right. No visits, forever. She will never see her parents again. There is absolutely no way whatsoever to come to Ireland in one of the later phases, some weeks away, and stay somewhere for between 2/3 days and 14 days, because there are no rental properties, AirBnB exploded, and the government saying hotels can reopen from July 20th was a lie spread by 5G.

If you've nothing useful to contribute, would you ever just jog on...

All those places are too risky. She can never visit her parents until a vaccine is created. I'm just going by your logic. You still haven't explained how the virus will just up and go in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

All those places are too risky. She can never visit her parents until a vaccine is created. I'm just going by your logic. You still haven't explained how the virus will just up and go in a few weeks.

Thats the sort of logic that people who have totally ignored the restrictions have used.

Congratulations for being the first person on my ignore list.

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Thats the sort of logic that people who have totally ignored the restrictions have used.

Congratulations for being the first person on my ignore list.

People who've been ignoring the restrictions think rental properties, AirBnB's and hotels are too risky?

You make a poor point, very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

We all know that’s never going to happen

Gael23 wrote: »
    We all know that’s never going to happen

That she'll never visit her parents? Of course. But if she visits now, next month or at any stage before a vaccine, what difference does it make? There will always be risks.

That she'll never visit her parents? Of course. But if she visits now, next month or at any stage before a vaccine, what difference does it make? There will always be risks.

And you can hugely mitigate the risks, by following the advice and guidelines of experts, and waiting until the risk of community infection has dropped.

But you know all this.

Why are you putting yourself to the fullest possible use in this thread HAL? Is trolling this thread all you think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do?

Not true! The risk is still there. Unless there's some magic after the last stage of restrictions.

At least she as option (d) now - pretend she’s going to a protest.

And you can hugely mitigate the risks, by following the advice and guidelines of experts, and waiting until the risk of community infection has dropped.

But you know all this.

Why are you putting yourself to the fullest possible use in this thread HAL? Is trolling this thread all you think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do?

You missed a post:

I didn't miss a post.

Bye, HAL.

/ignore

• Advertisement

I didn't miss a post.

Bye, HAL.

/ignore

:D Running away with your tail between you legs. I already called it:
    There's the white flag raised! :D Your argument has been destroyed.

Advertisement