Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

BrianD3 wrote: »
    Has anyone got a link to the latest regulations (applicable from 8th June), I have looked on gov.ie and irishstatutebook and can't seem to find them.

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/7ae99f-easing-the-covid-19-restrictions-on-june-8-phase-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭BrianD3

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thanks but I'm talking about the actual regulations i.e. like the below but the most recent version
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2020/si/174/made/en/print

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

Caranica wrote: »
    If it's in the same county that's fine.

The risks involved with going and doing stuff in other counties are too huge at the moment. When I go out for essentials I keep an eye out for cars with regs from other counties and record them with my helmet cam should the Gardai require my assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

Paddygreen wrote: »
    The risks involved with going and doing stuff in other counties are too huge at the moment. When I go out for essentials I keep an eye out for cars with regs from other counties and record them with my helmet cam should the Gardai require my assistance.

Good job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Paddygreen wrote: »

I've a CW reg, living in Meath, working all over the country, might even be in that database - btw, I hope you have permission to retain that data ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭BrianD3

VonLuck wrote: »
    That's why I wanted to see the actual latest regulations rather than a gov.ie press release etc. Last Friday there seemed to be a change in the terminology used by the authorities regarding the restrictions. Classic "civil service speak", change a few words and change the meaning, but don't be transparent about it, Cover your ass and treat the population like they are idiots which to be fair, many are.

Similar to what happened with the "x number of people have been admitted to ICU" statements in the early days of this crisis. Then when it suited, we got that number and the number in ICU.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,109 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Gardaí no longer to have powers to enforce restrictions

• Registered Users Posts: 29,405 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Gael23 wrote: »
    Gardaí no longer to have powers to enforce restrictions

No longer on movement but... they still have below powers (from the Irish Times article):
    The Garda still has the power to enforce other regulations introduced under the emergency legislation last March, including prohibitions on large events and the opening of certain businesses. Those organising events of more than 15 people, including protests, could also still face criminal sanction.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Can we start an online petition to stop Zara King from asking the same question every week about weddings?

I'm surprised they still allow her to speak at the briefings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭babynice

Now that we are allowed to travel within our own counties, would it be permissible to rent a holiday home for a few days? I see they are available to book online but is it going against restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

babynice wrote: »
    Now that we are allowed to travel within our own counties, would it be permissible to rent a holiday home for a few days? I see they are available to book online but is it going against restrictions?

Holiday homes don’t open until June 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭JoeLapira

Benimar wrote: »
    Holiday homes don’t open until June 29th.

I've seen local holiday homes down here in West cork advertising that they are currently available to rent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

JoeLapira wrote: »
    I've seen local holiday homes down here in West cork advertising that they are currently available to rent

People in cork can rent them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Do we know from which date is the 14 day self isolation after arriving from abroad being lifted?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Seweryn wrote: »
    Do we know from which date is the 14 day self isolation after arriving from abroad being lifted?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

bladespin wrote: »
    I've a CW reg, living in Meath, working all over the country, might even be in that database - btw, I hope you have permission to retain that data ;)

As weird as it is to keep an eye out for "foreign county regs" - no permission is needed as you were out in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Lads, is it sound to go into the north from Ireland and then go as far as you want once over the border? Am in a border county but a good kick from the border itself. With the relaxing, I can now go to the border and cross it. So while in Ireland, following the law, but even though exceeding my 20km and my county, Im not breaking the law because the law doesnt apply to me after crossing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Lads, is it sound to go into the north from Ireland and then go as far as you want once over the border? Am in a border county but a good kick from the border itself. With the relaxing, I can now go to the border and cross it. So while in Ireland, following the law, but even though exceeding my 20km and my county, Im not breaking the law because the law doesnt apply to me after crossing ?

I can't see how: I don't think the PSNI would take the time to start enforcing laws made in Dublin when even the Gardaí don't have the power to enforce them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Seweryn wrote: »

Lots of people on boards would have you believe it's imminent. I wouldn't be so certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Penfailed

First off, if you go into 'the north', you are still in Ireland. Secondly, you'll not be breaking any laws.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    First off, if you go into 'the north', you are still in Ireland. Secondly, you'll not be breaking any laws.

What? Unless he stays in Donegal he’ll be entering the UK and will have to abide by their laws and regulations.

What? Unless he stays in Donegal he’ll be entering the UK and will have to abide by their laws and regulations.

Yeah, there's no travel restrictions in the north.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Yeah, there's no travel restrictions in the north.

He’s sorted so. It still doesn’t make it the same jurisdiction as Ireland though, which the poster above was suggesting.

He’s sorted so. It still doesn’t make it the same jurisdiction as Ireland though, which the poster above was suggesting.

The poster above was me. I wasn't suggesting it was the same jurisdiction. I was saying that you're not leaving Ireland to go into the north. You're still on the island.

The poster above was me. I wasn't suggesting it was the same jurisdiction. I was saying that you're not leaving Ireland to go into the north. You're still on the island.

But not in the country (Ireland), which was really the only relevant thing to what the poster was asking.

But not in the country (Ireland), which was really the only relevant thing to what the poster was asking.

It was relevant to me. It's a partitionist mindset.

It was relevant to me. It's a partitionist mindset.

Completely irrelevant to someone asking if there were any issues travelling from Ireland to Northern Ireland re regulations. They weren’t starting a discussion about political fantasies.

Completely irrelevant to someone asking if there were any issues travelling from Ireland to Northern Ireland re regulations. They weren’t starting a discussion about political fantasies.

I answered the question in my two part reply.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Golf is my Game

Cheers, guess its good to go up then, which is what I was thinking myself.

(glad I didnt put something like I was it OK getting a ferry over to the 'mainland' or something, jaysus, relax lads.)

Advertisement