Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Cheers, guess its good to go up then, which is what I was thinking myself.

(glad I didnt put something like I was it OK getting a ferry over to the 'mainland' or something, jaysus, relax lads.)

Absolutely fine to go, traveled up and down several times during the 'lockdown' no issues then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Seweryn wrote: »
    Do we know from which date is the 14 day self isolation after arriving from abroad being lifted?

I think this would stay in place until after the Summer if it weren’t for the fact that there will be pressure to lift it in order to allow inward tourism. I would hope that an announcement will be made within the next week or so.

Like many others, I have a holiday abroad booked for July and my flights have not been cancelled, so I’m stuck waiting to see when and if this restriction will be lifted.

Seweryn wrote: »
    Do we know from which date is the 14 day self isolation after arriving from abroad being lifted?

Really hoping it's very soon, can't wait for a holiday now, the itch is real lol.

Airbridge sounds like a great idea to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,007 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

bladespin wrote: »
    Really hoping it's very soon, can't wait for a holiday now, the itch is real lol.

Airbridge sounds like a great idea to me.

It's cream you need.

Boggles wrote: »
    It's cream you need.

Nope, it's the 3 Ss and some R&R I need. The creams are bought and bagged waiting for the plane.

• Advertisement

kenmm wrote: »
    As weird as it is to keep an eye out for "foreign county regs" - no permission is needed as you were out in public.

There is if toy retain the data, public place or not, it's essentially tracking a movement which is covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,856 ✭✭✭sporina

hi, kinda lost on where we are at with regards to the easing of restrictions and ass. phases..

Q 1. When can groups of more than 15 meet for outdoor activity?

Q 2. When can we travel outside our county/region?

I understand hair salons can open June 29th?

TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

2 questions
    • Any clarity on if/when kids can hug their Grandparents again?
    • Where on the roadmap can single people go on dates with others?
    Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 29,405 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

sporina wrote: »
    hi, kinda lost on where we are at with regards to the easing of restrictions and ass. phases..

Q 1. When can groups of more than 15 meet for outdoor activity?

Q 2. When can we travel outside our county/region?

I understand hair salons can open June 29th?

TIA

It appears to be 29th June for both.

GAA and rugby have > 15 players on pitch but are listed as being allowed to resume but without spectators.
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/2020/0619/1148457-all-sport-set-to-resume-from-29-june/

All restrictions for travelling within Ireland will be lifted. However, the Government has decided to postpone for another week a decision on re-opening off-shore islands. Islands have been closed to non-residents since Covid-19 restrictions came into effect. There is no date set yet for people to be allowed travel abroad again.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0619/1148521-ireland-easing-restrictions/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Was told this last night:
    By law, if you arrive in Ireland from any other country you will need to fill in a form called the Covid-19 Passenger Locator Form.

You'll also be asked to self-isolate for 14 days.

Yes it law to fill out the form, but to self isolate for 14 days is not mandatory.

Is that correct? Can I book a holiday now and return to work after?

Looking for clarification not lectures here as I was pretty adamant you could not but looking at it now....

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    2 questions
      [*]Any clarity on if/when kids can hug their Grandparents again?
      [*]Where on the roadmap can single people go on dates with others?

Thanks

Are people really still not doing this? FFS.

Jackman25 wrote: »
      Are people really still not doing this? FFS.

Are you bloody serious?

Are you bloody serious?

Yep. I don't know anyone, friends, family, colleagues, passing acquaintances whose kids haven't been in contact with their grand-parents at this stage.

Mine have with a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

If you are visiting an elderly person, is the advice still to wear Masks and Gloves if inside that person's home ? And to not use the bathroom there or use kitchen utensils?

We have not seen my elderly Mum since February mid-Term and will travel down to see her in early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SusanC10 wrote: »
      If you are visiting an elderly person, is the advice still to wear Masks and Gloves if inside that person's home ? And to not use the bathroom there or use kitchen utensils?

We have not seen my elderly Mum since February mid-Term and will travel down to see her in early July.
      I would think masks are at your own discretion really
      Regarding the loo I would use hand sanitizer before going and clean the tap etc after use . Use the cutlery and wash it and put in the dish washer . I heard someone , I think it was De Gascún say not to share cups ot spoons ! I did laugh as who shares a cup anyway !!!
      Go see her and enjoy her !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Is there more than one toilet in the house? If possible guests could use one and your mother wouldn’t go in there for a couple of days afterwards

jlm29 wrote: »
      Is there more than one toilet in the house? If possible guests could use one and your mother wouldn’t go in there for a couple of days afterwards

Yes, there is more than one Bathroom.

It just makes me a bit sad to think that we won't be able to have even a family meal together with my Mum for the foreseeable.
      She wanted to follow the advice which had said Masks etc inside the home of an elderly person so was just wondering if this advice has changed.
      Hoping for dry weather and we can just sit in her garden then.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

It just makes me a bit sad to think that we won't be able to have even a family meal together with my Mum for the foreseeable.
      She wanted to follow the advice which had said Masks etc inside the home of an elderly person so was just wondering if this advice has changed.

If it dry weather why dont you bring your own picnic and cutlery etc ? You could sit out with her and eat together .? She can make hers and you make yours and bring it all back home again .Your Mums mental well being is also vital .

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
      If it dry weather why dont you bring your own picnic and cutlery etc ? You could sit out with her and eat together .? She can make hers and you make yours and bring it all back home again .Your Mums mental well being is also vital .

That's a good idea.
      I am thinking of buying a second table for her garden. So she could be at her existing table and the 4 of us at the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Why? How can people still live like that at this stage?

bush wrote: »

Presumably because they give more of a crap about their elderly relations than getting one up on the government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Presumably because they give more of a crap about their elderly relations than getting one up on the government.

Its over the top madness. Someone on here last week resided to the fact he would never see his parents again.

Because my Mum is elderly with an underlying condition and is the sole carer for my sister who has Special Needs and underlying conditions.
      There is no family support where they live as the rest of us live at least 3 hours drive away and abroad.

Its over the top madness. Someone on here last week resided to the fact he would never see his parents again.

If they slobbered the virus all over them then that may well be the case.

Rubbish.
      Maybe people can judge that their elderly relations are more at risk from isolation and loneliness than the negligible chance of passing on Covid to them.

I'm only sorry we didn't do it sooner. Gave all the grand parents a massive shot in the arm and new lease of life when they had been miserable.

Jackman25 wrote: »
      Rubbish.
      Maybe people can judge that their elderly relations are more at risk from isolation and loneliness than the negligible chance of passing on Covid to them.

I'm only sorry we didn't do it sooner. Gave all the grand parents a massive shot in the arm and new lease of life when they had been miserable.

The old “mental health” argument. Better off dead than depressed :rolleyes:

Found the guidance now for over 70s for Phase 3 - Maintain social distance for Visitors and use face coverings.
      Those over 70 or vulnerable must use their own judgement.
      I know that my Mum will follow this advice.

• Advertisement

The old “mental health” argument. Better off dead than depressed :rolleyes:

The old "end up dead" argument :rolleyes:. No they won't.

Advertisement