Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restriction questions - the Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Because my Mum is elderly with an underlying condition and is the sole carer for my sister who has Special Needs and underlying conditions.
    There is no family support where they live as the rest of us live at least 3 hours drive away and abroad.

You do exactly what you feel is right for your mam and your family . We all have to assess our own circumstances and risk assess our homes . You know her circumstances and how she feels and no one can tell you how to behave . Enjoy the visit , she will love it , and don’t fret or stress about what others say .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭tigger123

Anything mentioned about the civil service working from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Jackman25

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    You do exactly what you feel is right for your mam and your family . We all have to assess our own circumstances and risk assess our homes . You know her circumstances and how she feels and no one can tell you how to behave . Enjoy the visit , she will love it , and don’t fret or stress about what others say .

Agreed. From here on in it looks like people need to decide what is best for themselves and their families. Didn't see the Tony H press conference last night, but I believe he said something to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

“Specific recommendations apply to singing, choirs and playing musical instruments in groups.” Any idea of where one can find a hint of these specific recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Just have a question on pubs from the 29th June. Is it the case that you have to buy food with if you’re going for a drink even though I think I’m right in saying pubs without a restaurant licence can open? Also are the remainder of pubs not due to open til the 20th July and if so has there been any indication that this date might be brought forward?

Sorry if this has been dealt with already. Have been studying for exams this weather so haven’t been following developments the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Redo91 wrote: »
    Just have a question on pubs from the 29th June. Is it the case that you have to buy food with if you’re going for a drink even though I think I’m right in saying pubs without a restaurant licence can open? Also are the remainder of pubs not due to open til the 20th July and if so has there been any indication that this date might be brought forward?

Sorry if this has been dealt with already. Have been studying for exams this weather so haven’t been following developments the last few days.

Pubs that can operate as restaurants can open on June 29th. Anyone using them is essentially going out for a meal and having a couple of drinks with it.

Pubs opening as ‘regular’ pubs remain as July 20th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anything mentioned about the civil service working from home?

Those who can work from home should continue to work from home, I believe is what was said.

I know from friends that departments are preparing to have people come back, but it'll be on a shift/rota basis at first, with social distancing, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

2 questions
    • Any clarity on if/when kids can hug their Grandparents again?
    • Any update on when Grandkids are allowed stay overnight in their Grandparents again?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Polar101

Has anyone seen any info on when public transport is going to be something else than "essential travel only" (officially at least)? I've some holiday time coming up this month, but it looks like most private operators are still not running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Polar101 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any info on when public transport is going to be something else than "essential travel only" (officially at least)? I've some holiday time coming up this month, but it looks like most private operators are still not running.

Also wondering about this. Planning on meeting some friends this weekend for a meal and not sure what the situation is with bus / luas / train.

Anyone know what it was like Friday and Saturday evening last weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

VonLuck wrote: »
    Also wondering about this. Planning on meeting some friends this weekend for a meal and not sure what the situation is with bus / luas / train.

Anyone know what it was like Friday and Saturday evening last weekend?

You'll be fine if it's just public transport within Dublin - although I was visiting a friend over the weekend via luas and it was pretty busy.

I'm trying to plan break for august bank hol but I saw that none of the private operators seem to be running.. I'm healthcare worker so dying for the break tbh

Expressway says on their website that buying a ticket online doesn't guarantee a seat on the bus which I think is crazy as it's a bus with no stops from Dub-Galway.. Seeing as you buy for a specific time and date.. So will probably pay the extra for the train

This may be a stupid question, but is the 105 minute limit for all restaurants as well as pubs serving food? Say if you went for a 3 or even 5 course meal, will you be rushed out when it hits the 105 minute mark?

I would have thought the 105 minutes applies to both, but would like to relax having a meal out instead of having to look at my watch before the dessert comes!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

This may be a stupid question, but is the 105 minute limit for all restaurants as well as pubs serving food? Say if you went for a 3 or even 5 course meal, will you be rushed out when it hits the 105 minute mark?

I would have thought the 105 minutes applies to both, but would like to relax having a meal out instead of having to look at my watch before the dessert comes!

Honestly, I thought that was only for the pubs serving food, good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

Hello, I live in a city. A nightclub/Late bar nearby has reopened and is now serving food. They advertise their opening hours as 6-10pm. The music has been thumping every night since Monday until 1am with people visibly drinking inside. I'm just curious is this against guidelines? My uncle cannot reopen his pub as he does not serve food, yet here is a business doing something until an hour much later than other places. Does anyone know what time customers/serving should be finished by?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭WashYourHands

Ring the local garda station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Report them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

bundoran pubs all in full swing till late and live music

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

There's always rats nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

se what nidge got for thinking he was a smart lad ;)

I've tried searching the rules/guidelines, does anyone have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭MaccaTacca

Fair play to them, where is this place? Dying for a good night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe Kane

bassy wrote: »
    se what nidge got for thinking he was a smart lad ;)

Coronavirus?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    I've tried searching the rules/guidelines, does anyone have a link?

https://failtecdn.azureedge.net/failteireland/Guidelines-for-Re-opening-Pubs.pdf

Thanks! I saw that document but cannot seem to find where it says what time bars and restaurants should be shut by?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭PickYourName

Fuzzyduzzy wrote: »
    Thanks! I saw that document but cannot seem to find where it says what time bars and restaurants should be shut by?

Maybe it doesn't say that?

One thing though: if they're not maintaining distancing of 2m, the length of time people can stay is restricted.

Does anyone know how the current Level 3 restrictions relate to people travelling from the north? Is there anything stopping someone from Northern Ireland travelling between counties in the Republic? I understand that there will be increased Garda presence, but will they actually be able to do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,393 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Does anyone know how the current Level 3 restrictions relate to people travelling from the north? Is there anything stopping someone from Northern Ireland travelling between counties in the Republic? I understand that there will be increased Garda presence, but will they actually be able to do anything?

There's no enforcement powers attached to the current county restrictions, so the same applies to the border I imagine.
    They can create one helluva tailback though stopping you for a chat and a reminder about the advice...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

odyssey06 wrote: »
    There's no enforcement powers attached to the current county restrictions, so the same applies to the border I imagine.
    They can create one helluva tailback though stopping you for a chat and a reminder about the advice...

There's also the offence of failing to comply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,393 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

bladespin wrote: »
    There's also the offence of failing to comply.

To comply with what though?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement