Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting second screen to a laptop

Options
  • 28-03-2020 12:15am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

It's a new Asus laptop and an Acer screen, plugged in with hdmi to hdmi.

Can move the mouse around between both screens, can open excel sheet on laptop and push the sheet onto the second screen.

Login to work virtual desktop, try and move that onto other screen but it won't let me.

Any ideas?

Googled it and what it told me to do did not work.

Waiting on work IT but who knows when they will get to me.

Comments

The Virtual Desktop will only work on one Screen/Window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

You using rdp?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

NoDrama wrote: »
    The Virtual Desktop will only work on one Screen/Window.

It's odd as we have dual screens back in the office.

degsie wrote: »
    You using rdp?

Sorry, what is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

There are settings for rdp you can set.If you are using Citrix there are also settings that can be set in the workspace for it.

• Advertisement

Tom1991 wrote: »
    There are settings for rdp you can set.If you are using Citrix there are also settings that can be set in the workspace for it.

Thanks, is Citrix workspace - any idea where to find where to change the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smashling7

Can u right click on the desktop and go to display settings and extend the screen? Click apply and then ok - that's that I had to do when setting up at home- hope it helps!

Smashling7 wrote: »
    Can u right click on the desktop and go to display settings and extend the screen? Click apply and then ok - that's that I had to do when setting up at home- hope it helps!

Thanks, I've extended the screen but it won't let me move the virtual desktop when I first log in (to the other screen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Thanks, is Citrix workspace - any idea where to find where to change the settings?

Click on the arrow in to top corner. Select window and then drag to middle of the 2 monitors. Then click full screen again and it should expand to the 2 screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

In the task bar on the bottom right u can get to preferences .if a black bar appears when your connect(at the top of the screen) u can adjust display settings or preferences there

• Advertisement

heroics wrote: »
    Click on the arrow in to top corner. Select window and then drag to middle of the 2 monitors. Then click full screen again and it should expand to the 2 screens.

Mate - thank you, that worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Mate - thank you, that worked!

No problem.

Advertisement