If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for a 40 or 43 inch TV

Options
  • 28-03-2020 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Guys,

Am looking to get a 40 - 43 inch TV for a bedroom, primary use will be playing games and watching movies & broadcasts. Have you got any recommendations for a good quality TV? As an aside would there be any advantage in increasing the size to a 50 inch TV, to get a better spec for a slightly increase in budget?

Thanks,

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dkx64 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Am looking to get a 40 - 43 inch TV for a bedroom, primary use will be playing games and watching movies & broadcasts. Have you got any recommendations for a good quality TV? As an aside would there be any advantage in increasing the size to a 50 inch TV, to get a better spec for a slightly increase in budget?

Thanks,
    Hi Dkx64.

If you increase the budget you will usually get a better TV.

What budget are you working off and I can drop you over some options.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dkx64

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Dkx64.

Hi - Would ideally like to spend no more than €5550, but would increase that if this would result in a significant increase in picture quality and features.

Thanks   

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Dkx64.

Hi - Would ideally like to spend no more than €5550, but would increase that if this would result in a significant increase in picture quality and features.

Thanks   
    sorry that should have been €550!!

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
    Hi Dkx64.

Thanks   
    sorry that should have been €550!!
    Hey DKX64.

In my opinion one of the best 43" at that budget would be the Samsung QLED QE43Q60r priced at 549 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13840-optoma-uhz65ust-laser-dlp-4k-uhd-hdr-3d-ultra-short-throw-projector.aspx

If you want a bigger set you could check out the Philips 50PUS7394 priced at 529 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204209-philips-50pus7394-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

The QLED will have the better image but the Philips is the large set and has Philips unique Ambi light feature.

Let me know your thoughts.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi - again many thanks for the options you have listed above. How would these compare to the LG models (LG43UM7500PLA or LG49SM8600PLA) and what would be your recommendation from these?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

• Advertisement

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Hi - again many thanks for the options you have listed above. How would these compare to the LG models (LG43UM7500PLA or LG49SM8600PLA) and what would be your recommendation from these?[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    Hi DKX64.

The LG 43UM7500 is also a good set.
    It comes with LG's magic remote.
    It would not have as good an image as the Samsung QLED or the 50PUS7394 in my opinion.

The 49SM8600 would be a really good TV to go for as it uses Nona Cell technology to produce a better image.
    Currently priced at 669 Euro and in my opinion would be the better of all the televisions listed above.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.