Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Silliot hill open today?

Options
  • 28-03-2020 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if Silliot hill is open, bins are all full and also had a clear out while being off. I’ve done as much dancing on them to pack them down. Was meant to do last week, but put off with the intention of doing a clear out and going this week

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Erm, no unnecessary travelling from home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Yep, I get that. Watched it last night too. Unfortunately am not serviced by a refuse collector and bins and containers inside and outside are full. I would consider this necessary as the fumes are starting to get a bit bad with the warmer weather we’ve been having and length of time there (was going to do one big drop this weekend, instead of one last weekend and again this weekend) . Was a planned trip this morning that had been put off to already mitigate travel. Would have gone last night before midnight had it been open

Just thinking if it's open to the public then would be allowed to travel too. Voicemail just says full, nothing about being closed and facebook page not updated since march last year. Guess we're all hanging onto our rubbish so. Will be worth it, neighbours didn't know and one of their kids is a garda who couldn't answer it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I don't know how much it would cost but could you try someone like Joe's refuge. A guy I see around newbridge collecting rubbish.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I don't know how much it would cost but could you try someone like Joe's refuge. A guy I see around newbridge collecting rubbish.

We got burned a few years ago by someone we thought would do our waste and was just tipping it in laois. Were warned to only dispose of our own rubbish at a proper facility and keep payment records. Looks like we'll be ok. Have wrapped the lawnmower in black bags and put bins in garbage box with a bit of space left over. We dont make alot, just the warmer weather and putting it off till today was a bad idea

• Advertisement

For those interested

The Kilcullen site will open Monday to Friday 8am-3.45pm, Gallows Hill on Thursday and Friday only, 9am-3.45pm. 

Users are asked to visit only with a large volume of waste, and to pay only by contactless card.

Physical distance guidelines must be observed when using the facilities.

Please do not leave anything on the ground after using these sites, including disposable gloves and wipes, as well as boxes, bags or excess glass and cans.

Advertisement