Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me or have FF just vanished ?

Options
  • 28-03-2020 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

To be fair Leo Varadkar is coming across very polished in his presentations to the country and world at this time . Leo has led what hopefully proves to be a timely early intervention approach which will save many of us from a Spain - Italy type scenario .
    Michael Martin who thinks he should be the next Taoiseach is nowhere to be seen or indeed many of the other top FF heads . Unless Michael Martin is giving about Sinn Fein or anyone remotely nationalist he has nothing to contribute apart from stating he should be Taoiseach .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

LuasSimon wrote: »
    To be fair Leo Varadkar is coming across very polished in his presentations to the country and world at this time . Leo has led what hopefully proves to be a timely early intervention approach which will save many of us from a Spain - Italy type scenario .
    Michael Martin who thinks he should be the next Taoiseach is nowhere to be seen or indeed many of the other top FF heads . Unless Michael Martin is giving about Sinn Fein or anyone remotely nationalist he has nothing to contribute apart from stating he should be Taoiseach .
    Dont be getting too upset. You will be seeing plenty of him shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭jimmyrustle

There is barely enough time to fit in contributions from FG TD's to an hour long news with all that is going on.

I'm sure Martin, ML et al are still about. Unfortunately for them we have moved into an America straight after 9/11 atmosphere, where any criticism of the administration would be seen as petty and point scoring.

I voted FF reluctantly, as I don't trust SF with the economy and FG were, and remain, beyond incompetent and out of touch in everything bar the economy itself. Much as I dislike Leo I do find it amusing that Micheal Martin will now likely wait at least another 2 years to be Taoiseach because of this when it seemed a relatively done deal as late as two weeks ago. His turnaround on doing a coalition with FG was unforgivable spoofery. All these years and ruined by COVID 19, Martin is the political Liverpool.

And in saying all that, there are some very, very lucky people who would have backed Leo at odds as long as 16/1 on the eve of the elction to be the Taoiseach of the next government. A truly unbelievable turn of events.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

deflect deflect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,371 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

You have to let the Taoiseach be Taoiseach in these scenarios.
    It would be very poor if there was any form of political indecision or infighting seen to be going on.
    I m not sure Leo is doing any more or less than any other person would in his position however he should be left there for a number of months anyway til this settles.
    Micheal Martin coming out at this stage and doing anything other than supporting the government would be very poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a new government in the next few days.
    In my unlearned opinion I think FF should prop up FG & backed by the greens, that gets the numbers doesn’t it?
    A deal to see things in the main remain as they are till we pull through the pandemic, because in fairness, f all else really matters at the moment doesn’t it.
    Agree to review in 6 months and if the time is right then we will go back to the polls.

I think it would be a very shrewd move by FF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Oh great another thread which will descend into SF posters filling page after page of rubbish! exactly what was needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Seve OB wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a new government in the next few days.
    In my unlearned opinion I think FF should prop up FG & backed by the greens, that gets the numbers doesn’t it?
    A deal to see things in the main remain as they are till we pull through the pandemic, because in fairness, f all else really matters at the moment doesn’t it.
    Agree to review in 6 months and if the time is right then we will go back to the polls.

I think it would be a very shrewd move by FF

FF have the majority, why would they prop up FG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- No.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement