Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting a survey for undergrad thesis

Options
  • 28-03-2020 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I was meant to conduct an in person survey with large groups of people for my undergrad thesis but since that is no longer possible I'm having to do it online, which is good and bad. Anyway, I have a couple questions:

Am I allowed to post a survey?

Can I post it in multiple topics? (I'm thinking a sub-forum in science and maybe one or two uni sub-forums).

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask the mods of any intended forum first. We often get people attempting to use boards.ie for surveys, whether for research or marketing purposes. As such posting without permission tends to be view as little more than spamming. Also note that permission to post it is far from guaranteed, with users with a history of contributing to a given forum being more likely to be allowed to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Worldhop

Cool, makes sense and thanks for the quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

There is a forum where this stuff is allowed to be posted: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1250

Beware! The charter says it's for established and active posters only. However, there are threads in there from people with only a handful of posts, so it may not be enforced. Message the mod there anbd ask maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Worldhop

You'd think I would have found that sub-forum! Thanks for pointing it out, will message the mods.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

In case others stumble upon this query in the future, there is also a dedicated forum to help with Student Homework, Projects, Surveys & Degree-Related Research, the Researcher forum: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1120

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement