Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media channels HD Saorview

• 28-03-2020 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Virgin Media channels showing HD dog on Saorview.

The picture quality looks a better quality, are they really in HD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,286 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not seeing any change for me, think I'm on Three Rock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Not seeing any change for me, think I'm on Three Rock.

It's changed back now to Normal

Was the HD dog on all 3 channels, must be something to do with the adding the "stay at home"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

FRIENDO wrote: »
    Virgin Media channels showing HD dog on Saorview.

The picture quality looks a better quality, are they really in HD

It wasn't HD. This happened again a few weeks ago. It was the same on the SD channel on Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

VM are really messing around with their HD offering. They've never broadcasted in HD on Saorview bar what seems to be the odd mistake & due to some sort of tiff with Eir they've pulled all their HD services from that network. Irritating & infantile behaviour by an international media company borrowed from the former TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I would have thought that the feed coming from Saorview transmitters was set on the Mux in either HD or SD, regardless of the output by Virgin Media. So for RTE they have HD feeds as recognised by the TV, and the Virgin feeds are SD, again the TV knows what signal its receiving (frequencies haven't changed).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement