Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options
  • 28-03-2020 6:08pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there...and still on your feet.

The_Stand_%28TV_miniseries%29.jpg

Welcome to Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf!

Captain Trips has ravaged the world, killing off 99% of the world's population. Only those who are immune have survived.

Yet the threat is not over. For in Las Vegas, the ruthless and conniving Randall Flagg has assembled his troops and is intent on world domination. Another menacing figure also plots the destruction of all from his bunker. There is still hope though, which comes from the group in Boulder, Colorado - called by Mother Abigail at this the greatest time of need.

Who will survive - well faithful players - that's up to you!

Cast and Characters:

The Wolves:

d24859db23852d530f8665f0cd81938bf274ef5c.gifv

Randall Flagg - The Walkin Dude. Flagg is a terrifying figure but hides his monstrous side very well. He will appear as good to all seer checks... unless his bride to be should be killed. Randall Flagg is linked to Trash Can Man and as such cannot kill or be killed by him.

Nadine Cross - The Demon's Bride. Stunningly beautiful, easily led. Cross is Flagg's bride to be and carries his spawn in her womb. As a result, she can frame a player each day and make them appear as evil to the seer that night.

Barry Dorgan - Security. Dorgan is head of Flagg's security team and thus can send his operatives into the wilderness to gain info on players. He will have a peek each night beginning with night 1 and get the result (full role) of the player after the munch.

Harold Lauder - The Traitor. Lauder is cunning and deceptive and can manipulate the lynch votes, giving his target a second vote in the lynch.

Lloyd Henreid - Lloyd is a vanilla wolf with no powers outside of the munch.

Note: The Wolves have the option to write their own flavour. This is entirely optional.

The Serial Killer:

tenor.gif?itemid=9189378

The Trash Can Man - Cibolla, MY LIFE FOR YOU! Trash Can Man (or Donald Egbert as he was previously known) is a dangerous and obsessive creature. Each night he will plant bombs on people, but not all of them will work. He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated. Trash Can Man has a deep deranged devotion to Flagg and thus cannot be munched by the wolves whilst Flagg lives, nor can he kill Flagg himself.

Note: Trash Can Man has the opportunity to write his own flavour each morning. This is entirely optional.

The Boulder Citizens:

005072_25.jpg

Nick Andros - The Seer. Nick will peek a player each night phase beginning with night 1 and learn their alignment.

Mother Abigail - The Bodyguard. Mother Abigail can lay her hands of protection on a player each night to protect them from harm.

Stu Redmann (typo is deliberate)-  The Vigilante. Stu Redmann can fire his gun, procured from the CDC on his escape - once each night phase beginning with night 1.

Tom Cullen - The Gifted. M O O N, that spells Tom Cullen. Tom will inherit the powers of the first roled goodie who will die.

Glenn Bateman - The Defuser. Glenn can attempt to defuse the deadly bombs planted by the Trash Can Man during each day phase.

Larry Underwood - The Tough Guy. Larry will live for a further day should he be targeted for munch by the wolves, such is his grit and determination.

The rest of the villagers are NRVS.

Note: ALL players have the option to write flavour for the lynches. Please PM Necro or Green&Red with your flavour if you wish to have it utilised. This is entirely optional.

Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere. 

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per day minimum limit. 2 missed votes will result in a substitution where possible or a modkill.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them without prior permission.

5) Game starts with a pre turn (night 0), followed by a munch and bomb planting at 10am Monday morning and the lynch will be at 9pm. After 9pm Monday will be considered night 1. Role reveals will take place on thread after each death.

6) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Voting will be done via Google forms with the link provided in the OP, the dedicated lynch link thread in the Werewolf Forum and your role PMs. In the event of a tied lynch, the lynch will be decided by last vote cast.

7) Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

8) Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. 

NB: Not a rule but important for our community. We have new players playing or perhaps watching this game, so please make them feel welcome in the forum by behaving respectfully with your fellow players. If anyone new is reading this, we have a glossary of terms and acronyms, as well as the beginner’s guide, which is available to all within the werewolf sub forum.

Win Conditions:

Wolf Win: Kill off the SK and gain parity with the village 
    Serial Killer Win: Gain Parity with both the wolf team and the village team.
    Village Win: Kill all evils.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

GAME IS NOT LIVE YET, PLEASE NO POSTING

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

giphy.gif

Player List:

Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Emily WW
    Eva WW
    Frank WW
    Gabriel WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Nigel WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Regan WW
    Riona WW
    Senan WW
    Steve WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

Lynch Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBoJkymADO_SWI0w2wBaQMQMT7___RyQ1eC9-dLUhhsOdktA/viewform

giphy.gif

PMs have now been issued.

Game is now LIVE. First action at 10am on Monday morning.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

giphy.gif

Hellooooo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Hello er'rrybody

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

evening folks

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Morning all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint.
    Give me two and they'll fall in love.
    Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'.
    Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast.
    Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice.
    Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare.
    Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Morning all, how are we all this fine day?

It’s a beautiful day. Morning all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Morning, Bono.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

source.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Hello it is I Steve. The great and powerful, let's lynch Frank look at the state of him at this hour.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    source.gif

Old school was on BBC last night, they all look so young.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Good morning guys.

When do we have to make a stand?

Emily WW wrote: »
    Good morning guys.

When do we have to make a stand?

Hi Emma are you a bad person?

I'm really looking forward to this. I've been a long time lurker of these games.

Village win cons are kill all wolfs only wonder is that a typo no sk. Frank will you ask in your backroom if it's a typo

Mod Note: For the benefit of ALL players, here is the PM sent to NRVs
    Dear Player,

Welcome to The Stand.

You have been assigned the role of:

NRV

Your anon account details are as follows:

Username: 
    Password:

You will also need to vote in the lynch each night.

Your lynch code is:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBoJkymADO_SWI0w2wBaQMQMT7___RyQ1eC9-dLUhhsOdktA/viewform

Enjoy the game.

Regards,
    The Mods

Steve WW wrote: »
    Village win cons are kill all wolfs only wonder is that a typo no sk. Frank will you ask in your backroom if it's a typo

Amended, apologies.

Serial Killer is really gonna have to earn their bread.

• Advertisement

26 participants...

Quite a turnout.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I'd like to shoot Eva!

Other than that, howdy folks! Happy lockdown

Jake WW wrote: »
    I'd like to shoot Eva!

Other than that, howdy folks! Happy lockdown

That wouldn’t be any act of God. That would be an act of pure human and/or wolf ****ery !

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Hi all, lets lynch Jake

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Hi all, lets lynch Jake

Wolves might get me first Babz

Hey gang, can I do my stand sitting down.

Not in the mood for any excessive activity today.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Hey gang, can I do my stand sitting down.

Not in the mood for any excessive activity today.

As long as you're within your 2km radius.

Regan WW wrote: »
    As long as you're within your 2km radius.

I'll just bring a hat with me.

Whereever I lay it,. that's my home.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I'll just bring a hat with me.

Whereever I lay it,. that's my home.

148341.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Morning all. (I'm still in bed so it counts as morning!) That's a lot of bad guys for us to have to find. Anyone want to just confess?

Advertisement