Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    That’s sound.

I agree that securing the bomb to a player that is lynched will lead to something bad happening to some if not all of those who voted for the lynchee.
    What do you think of the timing of placing bomb. Would you say they have to put the order in earlier in the day, is it a night action? Let’s say I’m a dead cert right now for tonight’s lynch, do you think SK has the option to place bomb now, this late in the day?

My reading, from there being no traditional SK kill at 10am this morning, is that TCM has to have all his orders in for 10am, regular bombs and one-off bomb, then waits for his results at 9pm. In your example of you becoming dead cert for lynch, no I do not think TCM could act on that info now. If TCM was able to wait to see how the thread were likely to vote in the lynch before placing his one-off bomb, that would seem very easy for him. Unfairly so IMO.

On the booby trap bomb I am assuming that that is in addition to the daily 2 people have a bomb and I'm not sure if we will find out who it is. Worth keeping in mind sure.

As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.

Could be so, but I wouldn't take that as a given myself. For example, Regan or Des could be strapped with the one-off bomb for all we know.

Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.

Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.

There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Sorry guys, been busy all day and only cooking omelettes for kids now so will try and catchup in next half hour or so.... Family clocks are all over the place with this lockdown!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Gif posting reads as a task to me.

Maybe Vig to get a bonus bullet.

If Gif reads as a task do you not find quotes tasky? Feels like your pushing an agenda a bit, who's you other thoughts for evils

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    My reading, from there being no traditional SK kill at 10am this morning, is that TCM has to have all his orders in for 10am, regular bombs and one-off bomb, then waits for his results at 9pm. In your example of you becoming dead cert for lynch, no I do not think TCM could act on that info now. If TCM was able to wait to see how the thread were likely to vote in the lynch before placing his one-off bomb, that would seem very easy for him. Unfairly so IMO.

Could be so, but I wouldn't take that as a given myself. For example, Regan or Des could be strapped with the one-off bomb for all we know.

Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.

Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.

There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?

True...never take anything for granted especially with Necro in charge :pac:

Conversely I think it is important to correct the record. The more people interact the better.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Phil WW wrote:
    So I’ve just read back over everything again. Katie why is it that you voted Wendy over the Regan/Des theory when it was noted by more than one person. For example, I myself having only two posts one of which pointing out that I thought the interaction was strange.

Someone else posted it better. They put forward the theory and were forthright but also hedged their bets. Trying to stir the pot but no ruffle feathers. Hence the vote.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

With just over an hour to go I'm trying to narrow down my *super flimsy* reasons for voting:

I do think either Gerty or Eva is a wolf. But I don't know which so probably leaving them alone for now.

I think Patrick has been an unhelpful villager, but probably not a wolfy. That many gifs doesn't seem tasky to me. Too obvious. But an unhelpful NRV is better than accidentally lynching a roled goody anyway.

Henry has posted once, 2 hours ago, saying he was catching up. Right now, I think he's my strongest lean for a vote, as I think he mightn't have posted yet as he's in the BR working stuff out with his wolf buddies. But I don't know

All "excuses". I have nothing solid.

I'm putting in a placeholder for Henry right now. Will stay that way unless something significant happens

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Are people working under the assumption there are tasks? I wasnt but did I miss somethin?

Jake WW wrote: »
    Are people working under the assumption there are tasks? I wasnt but did I miss somethin?

There might be, rules didn't say there are or aren't

Phil WW wrote:
    I’m voting Katie based on my last post. Looking back on both her and Evas posts it looks like she plucked her reasoning straight out of Evas reads list with Katie’s only mention of Wendy in her post before that one asking why nobody responded to Wendy questioning why Steve was targeted and then sticks a vote on her for something that isn’t actually true. I looked back through Wendy’s posts and she responded to my theory on the two giffing, she didn’t come out and say it herself.

What you are describing from Wendy there is called pocketing. Agreeing with someone or going with their theory to curry favour and get them off your case. Wendy has done it to you I reckon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Ok I've come up fairly blank now after that read. A load of farting about mostly. And the gifs are bloody ridiculous ffs.

Senan had 5 posts on my count'o'meter, then when I refreshed he had 8. after reading through them, I feel like his posts are very constructed or something, like he's taking a lot of time to say just the right thing. It's not sitting right with me, and I've eff all else to go on, so I'm putting a vote in on him.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

The fact that the rules don't explicitly say that there are NO tasks makes me think that it is possible there are. Not certain but possible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

i presumed there were tasks

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

And I didn’t think about tasks at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just over 30 minutes left to vote.

8 people have not voted.

VOTE!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

If Gif reads as a task do you not find quotes tasky? Feels like your pushing an agenda a bit, who's you other thoughts for evils

Random gifs just based on their username seems a bit childish. Not pushing any agenda. It probably is just a bit of humour being added by Patrick.

The use of quotes Eva has been mentioned already.

Winifred & Regan are slight gut feeling.

Steve was rattling Frank's tree hard. I'm thinking double bluff & he could actually be wolf.

But then it still is Day 1

Who gets to be best-liked in any community? Who is the most trusted? Why, the man who does the dirty job, of course, and does it with a smile. The man who does the job you couldn't bring yourself to do.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Someone else posted it better. They put forward the theory and were forthright but also hedged their bets. Trying to stir the pot but no ruffle feathers. Hence the vote.

Your reasoning wasn’t her trying to stir the pot though, you said her theory and it was very similar to Evas reasoning for Wendy on her reads list. When I read Wendy’s and others response about the theory I didn’t think anyone was stirring the pot. It was brought up, people gave their opinions and then it was dropped.
    Katie WW wrote: »
    What you are
    describing from Wendy there is called pocketing. Agreeing with someone or going with their theory to curry favour and get them off your case. Wendy has done it to you I reckon.

But Wendy wasn’t even on my radar until I noticed you voting for her over something that I too said. This isn’t about Wendy, it’s about your reasoning and subsequent vote that have me questioning you and the only reason I even noticed is because it was something that I too said.

You didn’t vote for her based off of her pocketing me, you said her theory was suspicious but it wasn’t her theory to begin with and you still haven’t answered why that was the case and not somebody who said it first?

You also didn’t question her at the time of posting and your only other mention of her was asking why people didn’t respond about Steve. None of it makes sense

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Why would you change your vote off me now? I've clearly only started posting close to the lynch time and I'm one of the favourites for lynch (I'm guessing)

I am only finding out IF I can, doesn't mean I will.

Phil WW wrote:
    Your reasoning wasn’t her trying to stir the pot though, you said her theory and it was very similar to Evas reasoning for Wendy on her reads list. When I read Wendy’s and others response about the theory I didn’t think anyone was stirring the pot. It was brought up, people gave their opinions and then it was dropped.

Look I haven't been around so I'm going off work other people have done. I commented on the theory and I've kept reading and I'm finding more. It's as solid as I can come up with today so there you go.
    Phil WW wrote:
    But Wendy wasn’t even on my radar until I noticed you voting for her over something that I too said. This isn’t about Wendy, it’s about your reasoning and subsequent vote that have me questioning you and the only reason I even noticed is because it was something that I too said.

She doesn't have to be on your radar for her to want to pocket you.
    Phil WW wrote:
    You didn’t vote for her based off of her pocketing me, you said her theory was suspicious but it wasn’t her theory to begin with and you still haven’t answered why that was the case and not somebody who said it first?

I didn't realise it to be honest I saw her posting about the interaction and missed it was someone else's.
    Phil WW wrote:
    You also didn’t question her at the time of posting and your only other mention of her was asking why people didn’t respond about Steve. None of it makes sense

I haven't been around!! I've been able to check in twice all day and have done speed reads to try catch up. You have unrealistic expectations on how much time I can give this game right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

All gone very quiet before the lynch...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

15 minutes left and we still have a famous FIVE not voting.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    All gone very quiet before the lynch...

So how are you sure that you have the real bomb?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    So how are you sure that you have the real bomb?

You'll find out in 12 minutes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

You'll find out in 12 minutes.

If I'll find out in 12 minutes why not tell me now?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I'm putting in a placeholder for Henry right now. Will stay that way unless something significant happens

I am countering your place holder on me with my place holder on you... I've nothing else to go on.

Henry WW wrote: »
    I am countering your place holder on me with my place holder on you... I've nothing else to go on.

Took you nearly 3 hours to catch up and post vs Riona's 1 hour... what was going on?

I've enjoyed yer company :)

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d91e585c4f485af1df0608aec84767fe7a10b6f5&rid=giphy.gif

I've enjoyed yer company :)

Yer not gone yet!

• Advertisement

Lynch form closed

Advertisement