Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    What? Regan Claimed the role? God, I must of skimmed through far too quickly.

Sorry, my heads melted after a long day working on something, you meant you are happy defuser saved somebody.... Ok, maybe I should tap out tonight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure one of us is dead.
    Regan WW wrote: »
    I'm the one with the actual bomb tied to me. Yours is a dud.
    Orla WW wrote: »
    How could you know that?
    While this makes me happy if true, how the absolute fuch could you know...
    I have no idea who or what you are, but you don't have the proper bomb strapped to you.

See he claims that my bomb isn't real.

The Trash Can Man - Cibolla, MY LIFE FOR YOU! Trash Can Man (or Donald Egbert as he was previously known) is a dangerous and obsessive creature. Each night he will plant bombs on people, but not all of them will work. He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated. Trash Can Man has a deep deranged devotion to Flagg and thus cannot be munched by the wolves whilst Flagg lives, nor can he kill Flagg himself.

Note: Trash Can Man has the opportunity to write his own flavour each morning. This is entirely optional.

Just before I sign off:

- trash can man can write flavor each morning, does that mean his targets die in the morning?
    - are we happy it’s straight forward 2 bombs planted and 50/50 every day? Seems harsh on SK that technically every day he might get no kill if goody keeps defusing right person. Is there a chance he can do two duds and then two love bombs the next day? Necro is usually good with working out mechanics but an SK who has 50/50 plus a potential goody save seems harsh...

Frank WW wrote: »
    The Trash Can Man - Cibolla, MY LIFE FOR YOU! Trash Can Man (or Donald Egbert as he was previously known) is a dangerous and obsessive creature. Each night he will plant bombs on people, but not all of them will work. He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated. Trash Can Man has a deep deranged devotion to Flagg and thus cannot be munched by the wolves whilst Flagg lives, nor can he kill Flagg himself.

Note: Trash Can Man has the opportunity to write his own flavour each morning. This is entirely optional.

Just before I sign off:

- trash can man can write flavor each morning, does that mean his targets die in the morning?
    - are we happy it’s straight forward 2 bombs planted and 50/50 every day? Seems harsh on SK that technically every day he might get no kill if goody keeps defusing right person. Is there a chance he can do two duds and then two love bombs the next day? Necro is usually good with working out mechanics but an SK who has 50/50 plus a potential goody save seems harsh...

You mean the bombs haven't gone off yet because they go off in the morning? Ah ffs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Given that I'm being targeted unmercifully, let's clear a couple of things up just in case the bomb goes off in the morning.

- I am not the diffuser.

- Saying I knew I had the real bomb strapped to me was purely a self preservation thing, hoping the actual diffuser would save me.

- I have received no PM from either of the moderators regarding the bomb situation. You all know as much as I do about that.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

You mean the bombs haven't gone off yet because they go off in the morning? Ah ffs.

When were they planted again. They have a long time period before actioning.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    When were they planted again. They have a long time period before actioning.

Planted at night like a munch and announced after munch. I had assumed from this
    Glenn Bateman - The Defuser. Glenn can attempt to defuse the deadly bombs planted by the Trash Can Man during each day phase

That during the day the Defuser tries to stop one and at lynch the bombs go off.
    Like I hope that's what's happened.

Given that I'm being targeted unmercifully, let's clear a couple of things up just in case the bomb goes off in the morning.

- I am not the diffuser.

- Saying I knew I had the real bomb strapped to me was purely a self preservation thing, hoping the actual diffuser would save me.

- I have received no PM from either of the moderators regarding the bomb situation. You all know as much as I do about that.

Are you the Defuser tho?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Green&Red wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Both Regan WW and Desmond WW have had bombs strapped to them. One is real and one is fake.

Unless defused by 9pm the real bomb will explode.

Found it, searched on the wrong game mod.

So the real bomb must have been defused at that rate.

- I am not the diffuser.

How are you being targeted, I've done nothing and you voted for me. You said you had knowledge and now you are saying you didnt.

Of all the people that didn't place a bomb on you I definitely didnt.

• Advertisement

Actually I think maybe I’m wrong and the end of the morning is 8.59pm? Night phase 9-9.59am!? Sorry, I think you are actually fine...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

How are you being targeted, I've done nothing and you voted for me. You said you had knowledge and now you are saying you didnt.

Of all the people that didn't place a bomb on you I definitely didnt.

I meant targeted by having the bomb placed on me and then whatever happened with the votes.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Found it, searched on the wrong game mod.

So the real bomb must have been defused at that rate.

Good!.
    I'm gong to bed, someone coughed on me last Tuesday and I think I've become a hyperchondriac.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

A shot has been fired.

Gabriel WW is dead.

They were an NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Seriously. Would a wolf Emily say stupid things like they were trying to vote yesterday or they hadn’t read the first page of the thread?

Arghhhhhhh.

Sorry Emily

Not be funny but this is as wolfy as ****. Captain Hindsight in the house

- I am not the diffuser.

Your self pres excuse for all your chat yesterday is grand but tbh I dont buy it at all

Necro wrote: »
    A shot has been fired.

Gabriel WW is dead.

They were an NRV.

Vig shot?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Sorry Emily

Not be funny but this is as wolfy as ****. Captain Hindsight in the house

Good morning to you too Jake.

If you go back to my read list I think you’ll find Emily is at the very top of the leaning good pile. No captain hindsight about it at all.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Vig shot?

It has to be that doesn't it? Last night was a tad confusing but that makes sense at least.

If Harold added another vote to Emily via Regan, would the wolf team (in their own names) stay away from that lynch? The votes for the one that is lynched are always scrutinised first. Right now I’d be more suspicious of all the single votes (I’m one of them).

I’ll have to run through the thread again and see who hinted or flat out said they were voting Emily and see if we can gauge if she was looking certain to be lynched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

Guys, can we remind you that there is a five post minimum per cycle, munch to munch. We will be enforcing a penalty for those that fail to meet this.

All the quotes who mention who they were voting for
    Katie WW wrote: »
    I've voted Wendy because their Regan des theory seems forced. I don't see much else tbh. Granted I did a read back rather than read live.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    This is quiet a pockety post. Must read brendan in isolation.
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    As for my own lynch vote, I'm keeping that to myself for now, for a couple of reasons...

1) There's fúck all to go on so far, and it would be very easy to present or start a bandwagon for someone to hop on now.

2) With this wolf vote manipulator in play, I want to give the wolves as little ability to use that power as possible. Not giving them a signal of which way the lynch is likely to go is probably a good way to tackle this.
    Isla WW wrote: »
    Ok, so catching up.

Steve dies, and other than saying he wants rid of Frank, no real reason.

We have a bomb and a dud attached to Des and Regan. I think it was Regan who thinks they have the real bomb. Has been posting poetry and making other strange looking posts. Maybe a task to help decide who has the real bomb or not?

Patrick is only speaking in Gif, gives him a more wolf lean as it is not helping the village at all and is only a distraction.

Emily quoting from the book, had to google the lines to see what it was. Have not read this book of Kings and no idea what it is about really.

I don't have too much to go on for tonight, my only one would be towards Patrick.

Been so much fluff really that I can't see much else.
    I just voted to lynch Desmond.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    I'll be voting Eva. With nothing else really to go on, I don't like her trying to throw shade on others, including me, for no real reason.
    On the booby trap bomb I am assuming that that is in addition to the daily 2 people have a bomb and I'm not sure if we will find out who it is. Worth keeping in mind sure.

As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.
    Emily WW wrote: »
    Say what now?

Haven't watched movie.
    Haven't read book.
    Haven’t googled any stand quotes, so what did i say that you googled, that made you say i have been quoting from the book?

Either i am able to pull book quotes out of my ass, or this is a lie.
    Patrick, why is it all gifs. TBH if you are a villager, you are a useless one and the only choice I have to lynch tonight as I don't want to risk anyone that is useful to the village when I don't have my radar on anyone else.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    No real reads one way or another yet. Putting a vote on Oisin for that backroom comment. Probably more dumb than wolfy but its the best I have for now.

Didn't like Orla's comment about not contributing when she also had SFA herself - but then gave a big list of reads so is forgiven.

May change if things get exciting before the deadline.
    I took 10 mins to put a post together due to FB messenger from someone I havent heard of since 2014 going every two seconds. And in that time there were loads of posts from Patrick.

Now, I had voted for him after I did that post and then seen all the posts.

Are we allowed to change vote on this game?
    My bad leans on a quick read back

Emily- As pointed out, skipped the first page apparently and the OP! Weird thing for anyone to say

Regan- Says her and Dessie are safe on thread before bouncing around with how she has the real bombs

Patrick- he talks Gif but I'm not a big fan of gif! Started chatting in English recently and I like the cute of his english speaking jib

Nothing much to go on really
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    Why would you change your vote off me now? I've clearly only started posting close to the lynch time and I'm one of the favourites for lynch (I'm guessing)
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I’m voting Katie based on my last post. Looking back on both her and Evas posts it looks like she plucked her reasoning straight out of Evas reads list with Katie’s only mention of Wendy in her post before that one asking why nobody responded to Wendy questioning why Steve was targeted and then sticks a vote on her for something that isn’t actually true. I looked back through Wendy’s posts and she responded to my theory on the two giffing, she didn’t come out and say it herself.

The above just doesn’t add up to me so that’s where I’ll be voting tonight
    With just over an hour to go I'm trying to narrow down my *super flimsy* reasons for voting:

I do think either Gerty or Eva is a wolf. But I don't know which so probably leaving them alone for now.

I think Patrick has been an unhelpful villager, but probably not a wolfy. That many gifs doesn't seem tasky to me. Too obvious. But an unhelpful NRV is better than accidentally lynching a roled goody anyway.

Henry has posted once, 2 hours ago, saying he was catching up. Right now, I think he's my strongest lean for a vote, as I think he mightn't have posted yet as he's in the BR working stuff out with his wolf buddies. But I don't know

All "excuses". I have nothing solid.
    Vote submitted
    Go on?
    I voted for Katie, I gave my reasoning a couple of posts back I was just stating I put it in for time reference
    I'm putting in a placeholder for Henry right now. Will stay that way unless something significant happens
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Ok I've come up fairly blank now after that read. A load of farting about mostly. And the gifs are bloody ridiculous ffs.

Senan had 5 posts on my count'o'meter, then when I refreshed he had 8. after reading through them, I feel like his posts are very constructed or something, like he's taking a lot of time to say just the right thing. It's not sitting right with me, and I've eff all else to go on, so I'm putting a vote in on him.
    Henry WW wrote: »
    I am countering your place holder on me with my place holder on you... I've nothing else to go on.
    Necro wrote: »
    Emily WW was lynched.

She was.....

tumblr_p7lxtdtbOn1tei0zyo1_250.gifv

Stu Redmann - Vigilante

Lynch Day 1 Votes:

Lynchee Votes Total
    Emily WW Gertrude WW, Gabriel WW, Regan WW, Jake WW, Frank WW 5
    Henry WW Winifred WW, Mary WW, Brendan WW 3
    Eva WW Derry WW, Oisin WW, Clodagh WW 3
    Frank WW Nigel WW, Senan WW 2
    Isla WW Patrick WW, Wendy WW 2
    Wendy WW Katie WW 1
    Derry WW Eva WW 1
    Mary WW Desmond WW 1
    Patrick WW Isla WW 1
    Oisin WW Barbara WW 1
    Regan WW Orla WW 1
    Katie WW Phil WW 1
    Jake WW Emily WW 1
    Senan WW Riona WW 1
    Desmond WW Regan WW 1
    Winifred WW Henry WW 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

My reading of it is that Emily made a slight mistake in saying she hadn't read page 1, it all snowballed from there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    All the quotes who mention who they were voting for

have you done any cross referencing?

Mary WW wrote: »
    My reading of it is that Emily made a slight mistake in saying she hadn't read page 1, it all snowballed from there.

the votes were so spread i think the wolves would have spread their votes. if henry or eva flip bad then there is at least 1 bad in the emily's.

Vig shot?
    Mary WW wrote: »
    It has to be that doesn't it? Last night was a tad confusing but that makes sense at least.

could be the dude that inherits the vig powers

Oisin WW wrote: »
    have you done any cross referencing?

Not yet. Just wanted to put them all together first.

Might try and also put times someone said they had voted against the mods table too. See if it shows any interesting anomalies.

Tom Cullen - The Gifted. M O O N, that spells Tom Cullen. Tom will inherit the powers of the first roled goodie who will die.

any idea what the M O O N means?

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Tom Cullen - The Gifted. M O O N, that spells Tom Cullen. Tom will inherit the powers of the first roled goodie who will die.

any idea what the M O O N means?

Tom Cullen is a bit thick and he can’t read or right. He says “ M O O N that spellls” to absolutely everything.

• Advertisement

^^^^ neither can I :D

*write

Advertisement