Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Tom Cullen is a bit thick and he can’t read or right. He says “ M O O N that spellls” to absolutely everything.

I'm ashamed to say that I read the book and really enjoyed it but can't remember the character :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

There's not much happening here at the minute and work has to be done. Slowly getting my head round the workings in here but it's headwrecking by times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

Henry WW has been substituted, New Henry is the same as Old Henry, only he is new.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Morning all. Bad night. Rip Emily and Steve. Definite case for FFAs and organisation so people up for the chop have a chance to defend themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Mary WW wrote:
    There's not much happening here at the minute and work has to be done. Slowly getting my head round the workings in here but it's headwrecking by times.

Hang in there Mary it will all start making sense as the game goes on :)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Morning all, WFH here.

So only a couple of times to check up on things here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

So yesterday wasn't great but wasn't terrible either.

We learned that bomb targets are announced but if they are defused, it won't (necessarily) be announced. If there is an announcement later then the only explanation for Monday would be that one of the 2 targets was Flagg but honestly I think that's unlikely.
    We learned that if Harold uses his vote rigging power, the results of it should show up.
    We hopefully learned to be a bit more organised around lynching so we don't lynch another RV.

State of play pre munch Tuesday:

3 Dead:

NRV Steve WW Munched Day 1
    ORIGVIG Emily WW Stu Redmann Vig. Lynched Day 1 by Gertrude WW, Gabriel WW, *Regan WW*, Jake WW, Frank WW *Indicates possible manipulated vote
    NRV Gabriel WW Shot by TomCullenVig post lynch Day 1

23 Alive
    All 5 Wolves
    1 SK
    5 RVs
    12 NRVs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Morning.

Another villager down, though I can't be too judgemental at our new vig. I had Gabriel on my radar because of a few things like his first pst in the game being a Randall Flagg gif, and him responding 'Indeed it is' just before yesterday's munch in reply to another poster saying 'It's all about to kick off'. Given how our lynch went, I can't say that I wouldn't have taken that shot myself last night at the end of a bad day.

We're losing numbers but we should bear in mind that we are only 1 RV down, and that role has been apprenticed. Also, none of TCM's bombs exploded on Day 1 so there's that too. Bag a wolf today by lynch or vig and we're on our way back for tomorrow.

A lot of attention will go on the Emily voters, but we shouldn't get blinkered on that for the whole day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I hope I have messed up the table. I’ve put a time beside those who said that they were voting. Looks like the single votes go in order of time too with the exception of Regans vote.

Lynch Day 1 Votes:

Lynchee Votes Total
    Emily WW Gertrude WW, Gabriel WW, Regan WW, Jake WW, Frank WW 5
    Henry WW Winifred WW@20:11, Mary WW, Brendan WW 3
    Eva WW Derry WW, Oisin WW, Clodagh WW 3
    Frank WW Nigel WW, Senan WW 2
    Isla WW Patrick WW, Wendy WW 2
    Wendy WW Katie WW @17:54 1
    Derry WW Eva WW@19:05 1
    Mary WW Desmond WW 1
    Patrick WW Isla WW@19:30 1
    Oisin WW Barbara WW@19:31 1
    Regan WW Orla WW 1
    Katie WW Phil WW @20:02 1
    Jake WW Emily WW 1
    Senan WW Riona WW@20:16 1
    Desmond WW Regan WW@19:03 1
    Winifred WW Henry WW@20:50 1

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Morning all

So, some observations; yesterday was a bit of a. ****show. Killing our own vig is not cool!

I’m not really getting how the Emily wagon developed so I think we should spend some time looking at that this morning-thoughts are:

If lauder did fix a vote there then that means the wolves took an interest in getting Emily lynched. Would there be more wolves there? Seems likely

If ladders extra vote goes on who he votes for (seems too disadvantage the wolves but it’s a fair reading of the op) then we know we have a wolf in there- I’d caution however that we should be willing to move this hypotheses if/as other info emerges

TCM- why no boom! Was it diffused or was something else (Flagg?) happening. Again something to just watch for now, I’m figuring the diffuser has a view here too

• Advertisement

Ah I made a mistake. I put Derrys time alongside my name when it should have been alongside hers. Derry votes for Eva @19:05!

Where did the idea that the manipulator has to put the vote in the same place they voted come from? This is the OP
    Harold Lauder - The Traitor. Lauder is cunning and deceptive and can manipulate the lynch votes, giving his target a second vote in the lynch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Are you the Defuser tho?

Why on earth would you want ANYONE to reveal if they are the defuser. Glenn is a Boulder citizen and should not reveal.

We learned that bomb targets are announced but if they are defused, it won't (necessarily) be announced. If there is an announcement later then the only explanation for Monday would be that one of the 2 targets was Flagg but honestly I think that's unlikely.
    We learned that if Harold uses his vote rigging power, the results of it should show up.
    We hopefully learned to be a bit more organised around lynching so we don't lynch another RV.

3 Dead:

ORIGVIG Emily WW Stu Redmann Vig. Lynched Day 1 by Gertrude WW, Gabriel WW, *Regan WW*, Jake WW, Frank WW *Indicates possible manipulated vote

23 Alive
    All 5 Wolves
    1 SK
    5 RVs
    12 NRVs

Just in that, on both the bombs and votes I’m suggest we focus but keep an open mind. It doesn’t sit well with me that we didn’t get told if a bomb was diffused tbh but I wouldn’t be lynching anyone on that basis unless the diffuser came out with some evidence. On the votes, it looks like we have at least a wolf in the Emily pile and I’m inclined to spend some time reading in there yesterday- I’m thinking the wolves may have looked at Emily’s posts and figures she had a role so they looked to eliminate her.

Where did the idea that the manipulator has to put the vote in the same place they voted come from? This is the OP

Pretty sure Nigel read it as the target being the person that Harold voted for. I read it (based on how votes appeared) as the target being the person who appears to have voted twice.

AMENDED

Lynch Day 1 Votes:

Lynchee Votes Total
    Eva WW Derry WW@19:30, Oisin WW, Clodagh WW 3
    Derry WW Eva WW@approx 18:00 1
    Mary WW Desmond WW 1
    Regan WW Orla WW 1
    Jake WW Emily WW 1
    Winifred WW Henry WW@20:50 1[/quote]

3 Dead:

23 Alive
    All 5 Wolves
    1 SK
    5 RVs
    12 NRVs

By the way Gertie, I don’t particularly like this post. Lots of mechanical stuff but no real stake in the ground. No offence but I’ll be watching your play today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

I hope I have messed up the table. I’ve put a time beside those who said that they were voting. Looks like the single votes go in order of time too with the exception of Regans vote.

Lynch Day 1 Votes:

Lynchee Votes Total
    Eva WW Derry WW, Oisin WW, Clodagh WW 3
    Derry WW Eva WW@19:05 1
    Mary WW Desmond WW 1
    Regan WW Orla WW 1
    Jake WW Emily WW 1
    Winifred WW Henry WW@20:50 1

what i take from that is the the vast majority of one-voters declared their time of vote on thread. not sure what conclusion we can draw from that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning, sorry haven't been able to post. Will be start playing catch up now - will be back later when caught up.

Pretty sure Nigel read it as the target being the person that Harold voted for. I read it (based on how votes appeared) as the target being the person who appears to have voted twice.

Actually that’s also a fair read of it

Interesting that the extra vote went to Emily though, assuming Reagan’s being straight. If you were wolves what would you do there- lump in to lynch Emily or stay the hell away?

• Advertisement

Senan WW wrote: »
    By the way Gertie, I don’t particularly like this post. Lots of mechanical stuff but no real stake in the ground. No offence but I’ll be watching your play today

It's a state of play - of course there's no stake in the ground. I find it useful for myself to know where we are. Look I voted for Emily, I get that people will be looking at me and while I know it's a waste of time, I get it. That said, I hate the fact that by trying to be somewhat useful - reads lists yesterday and state of play today - I'm having shade thrown at me, when others are sitting back barely posting at all and coasting by. We made things piss easy for the wolves yesterday with very few people posting and no organisation around the lynch. I don't want that to happen today, so I'm going to keep posting what I think is useful even if it does get me deaded.

Why was Emily on Jake. As a confirmed roled villager it’s worth looking into that. Probably an idea for a few people to put their thoughts on this up so we don’t have a biased wolf view.

It's a state of play - of course there's no stake in the ground. I find it useful for myself to know where we are. Look I voted for Emily, I get that people will be looking at me and while I know it's a waste of time, I get it. That said, I hate the fact that by trying to be somewhat useful - reads lists yesterday and state of play today - I'm having shade thrown at me, when others are sitting back barely posting at all and coasting by. We made things piss easy for the wolves yesterday with very few people posting and no organisation around the lynch. I don't want that to happen today, so I'm going to keep posting what I think is useful even if it does get me deaded.

That’s fair enough, but I can only play what’s in front of me. Like I said, I’m just keeping an eye, thats all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Morning all. Bad night. Rip Emily and Steve. Definite case for FFAs and organisation so people up for the chop have a chance to defend themselves.

Yeah we need to get something solid going today alright.

Only thing is I held back on posting who I was voting for yesterday to try and not give wolves an advantage with their lynch manipulator power. If they see which way the thread is likely to vote in the lynch, they can use that power to its maximum I reckon.

Just wondering now though, is this vote manipulator thing such a big power against us in the early days while we still have good village numbers? If it isn't, then I agree, we need to get working on the likes of FFAs today.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    what i take from that is the the vast majority of one-voters declared their time of vote on thread. not sure what conclusion we can draw from that.

I'm not sure you can take a whole lot. A wolf is likely doing it to be all 'look I did what I said I would, I'm an honest person' and a villager is probably just being transparent.

What would be interesting is to know what time those who voted *after* Regan's 'Emily' vote, voted at.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Your self pres excuse for all your chat yesterday is grand but tbh I dont buy it at all

Why don't you buy it?

Why was Emily on Jake. As a confirmed roled villager it’s worth looking into that. Probably an idea for a few people to put their thoughts on this up so we don’t have a biased wolf view.

Worth a look but given they were the vig and not the seer I wouldn’t be lynching anyone on that alone. Jake has 9 posts so should be easy for a few of us to do a reccy

I just skimmed Emily's posts and they said at one point they were going to vote for Derry. Didn't mention Jake at all that I can see. Will look at Jakes now.

Senan WW wrote: »
    Worth a look but given they were the vig and not the seer I wouldn’t be lynching anyone on that alone. Jake has 9 posts so should be easy for a few of us to do a reccy

Ok out of the blocks jake is looking to lynch Eva- fast starter there, arguably softing the vig role too

Couple of fluff bits then has post with Emily regan and pat tagged as bad

Next two posts are odd. First seems happy to work on basis of tasks but next says they had assumed there were none

Then tags Emily as a wolf

Then tags regan as a wolf

Ok doesn’t exactly read pure, I’d probably lean wolf based on that read

• Advertisement

I'd like to shoot Eva!

Other than that, howdy folks! Happy lockdown
    Wolves might get me first Babz
    What you deleting Rigs? Worth a lynching?

Very quiet here today, some amount of cleaning done here today, a relatively productive day! Anyone do anything interesting?
    My bad leans on a quick read back

Emily- As pointed out, skipped the first page apparently and the OP! Weird thing for anyone to say

Regan- Says her and Dessie are safe on thread before bouncing around with how she has the real bombs

Patrick- he talks Gif but I'm not a big fan of gif! Started chatting in English recently and I like the cute of his english speaking jib

Nothing much to go on really
    If Gif reads as a task do you not find quotes tasky? Feels like your pushing an agenda a bit, who's you other thoughts for evils
    Are people working under the assumption there are tasks? I wasnt but did I miss somethin?
    Sorry Emily

Not be funny but this is as wolfy as ****. Captain Hindsight in the house
    Your self pres excuse for all your chat yesterday is grand but tbh I dont buy it at all
    Vig shot?

All Jake's posts. Does put Emily at top of his list.

Advertisement