Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Edit: Never mind, Green & Red has answered the question haha

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Possibly...way it's worded bombs suggests both. I'd suggest people vote for me in lynch to prevent another RV dying but the problem with that is the whole one time bomb extravaganza.

I’d have thought that the instruction in the backroom from the mods would read “select 2 players to attach bombs too”.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Right, well... two choices. Take a risk that it's not TCMs extra special bomb and lynch me OR just let it go off (or not) as the case may be.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Or the other bomb they tried to plant on Flagg?

Based on the edit, I think you might be right about that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Doubt it.

I'm leaning either way at the moment. Including the line 'Unless defused by 9pm a real bomb will explode.' after the defuser has died, offers hope.

Someone else said it above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a prize offering today where the winner gets 1 x defuser chance.

• Advertisement

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I'm leaning either way at the moment. Including the line 'Unless defused by 9pm a real bomb will explode.' after the defuser has died, offers hope.

Someone else said it above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a prize offering today where the winner gets 1 x defuser chance.

Maybe. My guess though is that that was a stock post where the wording doesn't change either way.

The funny part about this is that if the SK targets a wolf in the future, they can't be defused now either because they killed the person who could do that. I need to take my happy where I can.

Right, I'm out for a bit. Best case scenario is I got the dud.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

So looking at Nigel’s posts earlier

Nigel WW wrote: »
    If the bomb was on a non-roled person, we should have got an update on thread by now.

By my read of the OP, they are the only two who can survive a bomb.

True, if Regan defused the real bomb around his neck, we should also get a note to say that you survived.

Either way we need a mod note about what is going on.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Found it, searched on the wrong game mod.

So the real bomb must have been defused at that rate.

the posts seem a bit contradictory. I think nigel May have expected an announcement if he successfully diffused a bomb and was a bit uncertain of what was happening. First post seems to question the lack of announcement while the second hints he diffused the bomb.

Unfortunately I suspect that he may also have given himself away with those posts :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Interesting that there is only one person in the mod announcement. If it is that Flagg was targeted with the second bomb is not posting the name not just confirming to the SK that they have targeted Flagg?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Looks like SK really wants me dead

is that 2 bombs in 2 days for you?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Mods, will you give us lists of the alive players please?

Just so we have current lists to work with and when we do our FFA's?

Thanks and much love <3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Eva WW
    Frank WW
    Gertrude WW
    Henry WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Mary WW
    Oisin WW
    Orla WW
    Patrick WW
    Phil WW
    Regan WW
    Riona WW
    Senan WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    is that 2 bombs in 2 days for you?

Nope, it was me and Desmond yesterday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Isla WW wrote:
    Mods, will you give us lists of the alive players please?

Green is nice, but we wont be doing this again.

You have the lynch form for this information.

Necro wrote: »
    Green is nice, but we wont be doing this again.

You have the lynch form for this information.

Boo Necro! you is just mean

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Nope, it was me and Desmond yesterday.

wonder why gertrude said the SK really wants her dead so?

Something that didn't sit right with me yesterday was a comment that Eva made. ABout true love. It got me thinking she was Nadine.

She would be top of my FFA list for today.

I wonder why Patrick voted for me? sour grapes as I made it clear I was voting for them? I would still be happy to have him as my number 2 on the FFA list

My spidey senses are tingling at Frank. I can't explain it, but he is my number 3 on my FFA

#FFA
    Eva
    Patrick
    Frank

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Morning everyone, a lot going on unfortunately. Have to agree I believe the second bomb was planted on Flagg. I'm guessing since we didn't get a notification for a bomb being diffused yesterday then we won't get one for a failed attempt either. Which could be good for us if the TCM knows who Flagg is though I think he would keep him alive for the time being to protect himself from a munch.

I have a few things I would like to look into today so will post my findings as I go along and I need a proper read back over last night, I'll have another tab open so I can still post while I'm working away

Night 0 - Steve WW NRV Munched
    Day 1 - Regan WW bomb (fake or real?) planted on them. still alive
    Day 1 - Desmond WW bomb (fake or real) planted on them. Still alive
    Day 1 - Emily WW VIGILANTE. Lynched. Her role passed onto Tom Cullen.
    Night 1 - Gabriel WW NRV Shot by App Vig
    Night 1 - Nigel WW BOMB DEFUSER Munched
    Day 2 - Gertrude WW Bomb planted on her (fake or real). Don’t know what happened to other bomb.

@isla

My quotes are randomly selected from here. If I like it, I post it.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1742269-the-stand

• Advertisement

If TCM now know who Flagg is then they’re gonna have to get them lynched. Something to remember as the game goes on and Flagg dies but TCM still alive. You gonna save your super explosive bomb for that one, you pyromaniac?
    Randall Flagg - The Walkin Dude. Flagg is a terrifying figure but hides his monstrous side very well. He will appear as good to all seer checks... unless his bride to be should be killed. Randall Flagg is linked to Trash Can Man and as such cannot kill or be killed by him.
    The Trash Can Man - Cibolla, MY LIFE FOR YOU! Trash Can Man (or Donald Egbert as he was previously known) is a dangerous and obsessive creature. Each night he will plant bombs on people, but not all of them will work. He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated. Trash Can Man has a deep deranged devotion to Flagg and thus cannot be munched by the wolves whilst Flagg lives, nor can he kill Flagg himself.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    wonder why gertrude said the SK really wants her dead so?

Because when announcement was made, it read like both the SKs bombs were attached to me. GnR then edited to clarify just one was.

So SK may have attempted to attach the other to Flagg OR maybe Nigel was the other target. I'm assuming that TCM has to make his decision on who to target before the munch, so may have had me and Nige as choices but when Nige got munched that bomb was irrelevant.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Isla WW wrote: »

I wonder why Patrick voted for me? sour grapes as I made it clear I was voting for them? I would still be happy to have him as my number 2 on the FFA list

I think you'll find the opposite is true. I voted for you because you asked how you might change your vote once I started talking. Up until then I was a relatively easy lynch choice for you to hide on. So I voted for you because you seemed like you were interested in moving off of me.

Oh yeah. It could have been planted on Nigel too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I'm not sure you can take a whole lot. A wolf is likely doing it to be all 'look I did what I said I would, I'm an honest person' and a villager is probably just being transparent.

What would be interesting is to know what time those who voted *after* Regan's 'Emily' vote, voted at.

I voted at around 8.54. I had Emily in mind since earlier on and hadn’t really a proper chance to catch up. I didn’t realise she was up for the chop and as such the only group who could of bandwagoned her knowingly were wolves. I know it’s easy for me to say but would a wolf jump on a fairly late bandwagon with other wolves?
    Men who find themselves late are never sure. They are all the things the civics books tell us the good citizen should be: partisans but never zealots, respectors of the facts which attend each situation but never benders of those facts, uncomfortable in positions of leadership but rarely unable to turn down a responsibility once it has been offered . . . or thrust upon them. They make the best leaders in a democracy because they are unlikely to fall in love with power.

I like this paragraph but what is it about and why has nobody else asked?
    Henry WW wrote: »
    Interesting that there is only one person in the mod announcement. If it is that Flagg was targeted with the second bomb is not posting the name not just confirming to the SK that they have targeted Flagg?

Unless both bombs were strapped to Gertie?

Oh yeah. It could have been planted on Nigel too.

Actually, I’d say it’s more plausible. The SK couldn’t find out so easily if they had targeted Flagg. We’d get the two names, the bomb diffuser would do their job and only after that would any info be gained (if any).

I can’t see why the mods wouldn’t list the 2 names unless that second name was dead. Either way, Gertrude, your fate has been left in the hands of the gods as Nigel would have diffused his own bomb.

Frank WW wrote: »
    I voted at around 8.54. I had Emily in mind since earlier on and hadn’t really a proper chance to catch up. I didn’t realise she was up for the chop and as such the only group who could of bandwagoned her knowingly were wolves. I know it’s easy for me to say but would a wolf jump on a fairly late bandwagon with other wolves?

I like this paragraph but what is it about and why has nobody else asked?

Unless both bombs were strapped to Gertie?

I wasn't asking about time in relation to you being a wolf per se.

As for Eva's quotes, she's been doing that since the start. It's either a task or it's not. I'm not sure. I had Eva in my leaning good pile but given my reads yesterday were a load of balls, I'm revisiting that today.

And no, we got mod clarification that just the one bomb is attached to my shapely figure :P

Given that neither me or Desmond was chosen for a bomb today, is it likely that the same person cannot be chosen in consecutive days?

Actually, I’d say it’s more plausible. The SK couldn’t find out so easily if they had targeted Flagg. We’d get the two names, the bomb diffuser would do their job and only after that would any info be gained (if any).

I can’t see why the mods wouldn’t list the 2 names unless that second name was dead. Either way, Gertrude, your fate has been left in the hands of the gods as Nigel would have diffused his own bomb.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion it was more likely Nige. I think SK may have suspected Nigel was the defuser and targeted him. Which makes me think I'll definitely go boom unforch. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Regan WW wrote: »
    Given that neither me or Desmond was chosen for a bomb today, is it likely that the same person cannot be chosen in consecutive days?

Could well be the case.

Right, I need to stop typing and start reading back again. BBL

Advertisement