Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Guys, I'm not a newb and not pretending to play dumb, but what is TWTBAW?

Too wolfy to be a wolf. Doing erratic thinks like posting gifs (Patrick) . Phil was
    Suggesting I was doing a James Bond villain strategy in telling everybody my bad plans before they happen so maybe to not look wolfy...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

A few posters concerning me with lack of contributions and/or strange timing for appearances.

Orla, Derry and Clodagh mostly.

Like holy hell, I didn't even realise there was a Clodagh in the game until I looked at the list of posters there.

There's a Clodagh??

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Clodagh's posts...

Clodagh wrote:
    Hi all
    Wow. I just woke up from the weirdest dream.
    There was a virus, and the pubs were all closed.
    Clodagh wrote:
    Think that's from the last game. First lynch isn't until tomorrow evening. But there's a munch and a bomb being planted tomorrow morning.

Hmmmm. Only bomb I remember from The Stand is at the end (spoiler alert!). So that would be the SK.
    Clodagh wrote:
    Yeah. But I don't think he used a bomb for that IIRC. But it has been a while since I read it. Might start it again actually.
    Clodagh wrote:
    Ah. Ok. I thought that he just set it on fire.

Anyhow. I've never watched that movie. There's my next few hours sorted!

But, so, I've read the rules again. SK gets a bomb every night, but the first bomb is planted tomorrow morning. Don't know if that's relevant though.
    Clodagh wrote:
    Quite quiet in here alright. Not that I've done so much, except sleep for most of the day. My routine is shot at the moment.

Working from home for the week so here's hoping for a good game.

Quick. Somebody do something wolfy!

Hasn't appeared in 1 day and 16 hours. I hope Clodagh is alright IRL, but have to take a look at her posts regardless.

Hmm...would a wolf or the SK lie that low, so low to risk modkill? I don't think so.

Brendan was this your last post?
    I'm leaning either way at the moment. Including the line 'Unless defused by 9pm a real bomb will explode.' after the defuser has died, offers hope.

Someone else said it above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a prize offering today where the winner gets 1 x defuser chance.

Cause if it was and your next post was 4 hours later just after you are brought up:
    As above. Brendan's post just sounds so rehearsed. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

That’s suggested you are like a genie , showing up as soon as your name is mentioned...

Only pointing that out because you said you are
    a newb and not pretending to play dumb

;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Did my catch up multiquoting anything I found interesting. This post could be a total mess.

Did you end up doing the cross reference? Did everyone who said they'd vote Emily vote Emily? Did everyone who voted Emily say they would?

This post came across suuuuper stiff to me. I saw Gertie defend after the post that it was just a helpful state of play. But just come across to me as another effort to look useful while contributing nothing. It was also followed directly by Brendan's suuuuper stiff post below, and honestly they look to me like agreed upon wolf posts. Gertie's not clear just because of the bomb.

As above. Brendan's post just sounds so rehearsed. Really rubbed me the wrong way.

Do not like the indignant tone off someone who has barely participated! Wolf hiding in low posters who's been lurking the whole time?

I've been looking up her quotes. That one was "Superstition, like true love, needs time to grow and reflect upon itself."?

It is a quote from the Stand alright... If all her quotes are tasks she's been doing it since the very very start which seems unlikely.

Options there are:
    - TWTBAW
    - Baddy, had quote tasks from the start and committed
    - Baddy, figured she might get quote tasks later so started early to cover tracks
    - ???

I'm currently leaning Eva and Phil good
    Gertie, Brendan, Riona bad

Well I don't know about the others, but if I go boom later you'll be proved wrong so meh

You're right that being targeted doesn't clear me, just as it doesn't clear Regan or Des from yesterday. SK can target anyone, possibly including themselves.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Wini, but just reading that back now I'm seeing a typo which I wouldn't have let fly if that was a rehearsed or even previewed post.

I was just trying to see some positives from an increasingly shít situation and stress the point that we shouldn't get blinkered on one thing for the day.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

A few posters concerning me with lack of contributions and/or strange timing for appearances.

Orla, Derry and Clodagh mostly.

Like holy hell, I didn't even realise there was a Clodagh in the game until I looked at the list of posters there.

I'd contribute if I had something, but I got nothing. I'd usually have some kind of leans on people by now, although they're usually wrong anyway :P, but I got absolutely nothing here.

Frank WW wrote: »
    Brendan was this your last post?

Cause if it was and your next post was 4 hours later just after you are brought up:

That’s suggested you are like a genie , showing up as soon as your name is mentioned...

Only pointing that out because you said you are

;)

I'm in a work from home situation, and as I alluded to yesterday I'm trying to keep to traditional working hours by clocking off at 6pm etc. I'm on a lunch hour now and was catching up with the thread. I didn't even see Wini's post mentioning me until after I submitted my first couple of posts there. I have now replied to Wini because I have seen it.

Players have to investigate and come with something, but I think that's really cheap shade Frank. Smug wink at the end of your post isn't a great look either.

I'm in a work from home situation, and as I alluded to yesterday I'm trying to keep to traditional working hours by clocking off at 6pm etc. I'm on a lunch hour now and was catching up with the thread. I didn't even see Wini's post mentioning me until after I submitted my first couple of posts there. I have now replied to Wini because I have seen it.

Players have to investigate and come with something, but I think that's really cheap shade Frank. Smug wink at the end of your post isn't a great look either.

Rememeber Brendan, only wolves know the intentions of their team mates, the rest of us are blind... in many regards I use my own posts as references for later in case I forget things and as evidence in case I’m killed. If you are a newb please try to not take insinuations personally, some people pretend to be newbs to get a pass.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Too wolfy to be a wolf. Doing erratic thinks like posting gifs (Patrick) . Phil was
    Suggesting I was doing a James Bond villain strategy in telling everybody my bad plans before they happen so maybe to not look wolfy...

I contend that I was not being wolfy, I was being helpful in my own way.

• Advertisement

Fair enough Wini, but just reading that back now I'm seeing a typo which I wouldn't have let fly if that was a rehearsed or even previewed post.

I was just trying to see some positives from an increasingly shít situation and stress the point that we shouldn't get blinkered on one thing for the day.

I don't think a typo would be enough to prove that one way or another. Fairly basic for a wolf to think to leave in a typo or two if they were cross checking posts in their backroom
    Derry WW wrote: »
    I'd contribute if I had something, but I got nothing. I'd usually have some kind of leans on people by now, although they're usually wrong anyway :P, but I got absolutely nothing here.

Care to give it a go? There's a tonne of posts to look at

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

You could start posting gifs of someone called Derry until something clicks :)

I don't think a typo would be enough to prove that one way or another. Fairly basic for a wolf to think to leave in a typo or two if they were cross checking posts in their backroom

Care to give it a go? There's a tonne of posts to look at

I think that's part of the problem. At the start there was feck all posts to look at now there's tonnes to wade through, but there's no real content

Patrick WW wrote: »
    You could start posting gifs of someone called Derry until something clicks :)

I don't know how to or I'd be all over that!

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I contend that I was not being wolfy, I was being helpful in my own way.

I suppose we will just have to take your word for it on that.....

Honestly , I’ve no real hard reads yet, there’s not an awful lot of posting going on so I would be in favour of picking a few low posters for tonight’s lynch. We have to do something to flush them out.... Regardless of what people think of people posting, so far only goodies have died and there are a lot of people coasting along...

I don’t mind if some want to look at high posters (usually at least one wolf in this group) and lower posters. I’m no more clear then anybody but we need to start at least having a plan.

Morning all. (I'm still in bed so it counts as morning!) That's a lot of bad guys for us to have to find. Anyone want to just confess?

Fluff
    Was expecting a lot more to catch up on. Got sidetracked by the TV for a few hours. Whoever said they struggle with the anon accounts, I do too. Takes me a good few days to sort them out in my head. I don't have any reads so far and would be suspect of anyone pushing for a lynch on the basis of any of today's fluff. Hopefully tomorrow will be more enlightening.

Complaint about not being enough to go on (when several other people were already trying to jump in and discuss things)
    These anon account names mean nothing to me. Tbh I don't even bother looking at the names of who's posted because there's just too many to try and remember. Ironic that me having the issue I had posted about draws suspicion on me. I'm team village just ****e with anon accounts. Very suspicious of someone using that against me so early in the day. I could understand if we we get to this evening and there's nothing to go on but it's not even lunch time yet!

Repeated complaint about anon accounts... Fluff
    I had a role before where I could fake poison myself and real poison someone else

Not a newb
    I'll be voting Eva. With nothing else really to go on, I don't like her trying to throw shade on others, including me, for no real reason.

Flimsy vote reasoning
    Is there a mistake on the votes or did you vote for yourself Henry?

Why's Regan down as voting twice?

Two above questions strike me as a little off. Everyone else discussing what went on with the vote. Point blank questions as if someone else would know the answer. Understandable for a newbie, but as above, has played before.
    Morning all :D Any bit of routine has gone out the window here and I'm only up now. Big hit this morning losing another RV. I've only skimmed through the posts from this morning but hopefully I'll get a chance to go back and have a more thorough read later on.

Same fluff as yesterday

Once again, not a newb. But saying nearly 600 posts isn't enough to go off.

Also seems Derry is doing just enough to reach minimum post count.

To me looks the most likely out of low posters to be hiding so far

Rememeber Brendan, only wolves know the intentions of their team mates, the rest of us are blind... in many regards I use my own posts as references for later in case I forget things and as evidence in case I’m killed. If you are a newb please try to not take insinuations personally, some people pretend to be newbs to get a pass.

That's the thing, I posted specifically that I wasn't a newb because IMO there seems to be more newbiness going around than the list of sign-ups suggests there should be. I mean, so far in the game we've had a few people complain about getting the hang of anon accounts. That's fair enough, I do believe that can happen, but I've never seen it mentioned so much in an anon game before. I expected to see more new names when I went back and looked at the sign-up thread earlier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I don't mean that in a bad way, just that we've both said as much as I think we can on it. It is what it is for me, but no harm discussing it.

Regan WW wrote: »
    Looks like we live to fight another day, Desmond.

This really Niggles at me..

I mean if Desmond was Randall and he had just confirmed to Regan in the BR that he had the real bomb , then Regan would know they are both safe. The above post would fit in nicely to this narrative.

Regan what was your exact reasoning for this post?

And Regan had a vote manipulated aswell?! Is this “too wolfy to be a wolf?”. Did the wolves manipulate Regan’s vote to try and paste over the above gaff?

This is theory BTW, not concrete but a lot of stuff surrounded Regan yesterday. It as either to protect Regan (from vilage and SK who targeted her) or because wolves and SK wanted a lot of attention on Regan.

That's the thing, I posted specifically that I wasn't a newb because IMO there seems to be more newbiness going around than the list of sign-ups suggests there should be. I mean, so far in the game we've had a few people complain about getting the hang of anon accounts.

Sorry my bad, I’ve been speed reading and read your post as “I’m a newb”, my apologies, I understand your response now....

FrighteningSpectacularAfricangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

Fluff

Complaint about not being enough to go on (when several other people were already trying to jump in and discuss things)

Repeated complaint about anon accounts... Fluff

Not a newb

Flimsy vote reasoning

Two above questions strike me as a little off. Everyone else discussing what went on with the vote. Point blank questions as if someone else would know the answer. Understandable for a newbie, but as above, has played before.

Same fluff as yesterday

Once again, not a newb. But saying nearly 600 posts isn't enough to go off.

Also seems Derry is doing just enough to reach minimum post count.

To me looks the most likely out of low posters to be hiding so far

Exactly, this is the kinda thing I was talking about in my last post about there being a fair bit of 'newbiness' in the game compared to the sign-up list.

Some people, it appears Derry for one, are playing the newb card and I'm trying to think of a good reason why.

I picked out Orla, Derry and Clodagh (there's a Clodagh :eek:) earlier as low liers who concern me. I posted all of Clodagh's posts and then cleared her for now (in my own notes) as I think she would be playing it dangerously close to the modkill wire to be a wolf or the SK.

Derry fits the low lying profile IMO, and as you pointed out seems to be doing just enough to reach the minimum post count.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

This really Niggles at me..

I mean if Desmond was Randall and he had just confirmed to Regan in the BR that he had the real bomb , then Regan would know they are both safe. The above post would fit in nicely to this narrative.

Regan what was your exact reasoning for this post?

And Regan had a vote manipulated aswell?! Is this “too wolfy to be a wolf?”. Did the wolves manipulate Regan’s vote to try and paste over the above gaff?

This is theory BTW, not concrete but a lot of stuff surrounded Regan yesterday. It as either to protect Regan (from vilage and SK who targeted her) or because wolves and SK wanted a lot of attention on Regan.

I've explained it already.

People were going to be reluctant to lynch either of us because they could end up dead if the bomb exploded...so we weren't going to be lynched.

I got a bit carried away with the lynching side of things, but quickly remembered either of us could still be blown up, hence the "Forget that last post".

Exactly, this is the kinda thing I was talking about in my last post about there being a fair bit of 'newbiness' in the game compared to the sign-up list.

Some people, it appears Derry for one, are playing the newb card and I'm trying to think of a good reason why.

I picked out Orla, Derry and Clodagh (there's a Clodagh :eek:) earlier as low liers who concern me. I posted all of Clodagh's posts and then cleared her for now (in my own notes) as I think she would be playing it dangerously close to the modkill wire to be a wolf or the SK.

Derry fits the low lying profile IMO, and as you pointed out seems to be doing just enough to reach the minimum post count.

What bothered me is Derry made a point that he isn't a newb. Referenced a past game and made an allusion to "I'd usually have a read by now". But 600 posts in having *nothing* to say and not having given much reasoning other than "there's no content to the posts" (obviously enough content for a number of us to be chatting) seems like newb behaviour. All in, I don't like it.

I've been in games where I've had zero reads after some time, but it's usually because I've been too busy to read/post (didn't keep up with min post requirements and got modkilled), it's been a super quiet game (this one is active enough), or a couple of players have just been attacking each other and tunnelling giving the village nothing to talk about (this game has seemed quite varied to me).

I'm far from a newb and definitely an not playing the newb card. I'm struggling to get into this game for some reason but I've not tried to hide the fact that I'm not a newb. There's an awful lot of finger pointing going on for absolutely ridiculous reasons.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Could Gertie have planted the fake bomb on herself and the real one on Nigel - get rid of Nigel and try clear herself

i doubt the bomber knows which is real and which is fake. prob give 2 names and the mods take care of the RNG. based on that i would say the SK would not take a 50:50 of killing themselves, therefore anyone strapped with a bomb we can rule out being the SK. This early in the game anyway

Oisin WW wrote: »
    i doubt the bomber knows which is real and which is fake. prob give 2 names and the mods take care of the RNG. based on that i would say the SK would not take a 50:50 of killing themselves, therefore anyone strapped with a bomb we can rule out being the SK. This early in the game anyway

In my experience it is highly likely the sk knows which is real and which is fake

In my experience it is highly likely the sk knows which is real and which is fake

if that is the case my above post can be ignored. what would be more likely purley from a game mechanic POV?

Sorry my bad, I’ve been speed reading and read your post as “I’m a newb”, my apologies, I understand your response now....

FrighteningSpectacularAfricangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

That's cool, and it seems I've done it here...

What bothered me is Derry made a point that he isn't a newb. Referenced a past game and made an allusion to "I'd usually have a read by now". But 600 posts in having *nothing* to say and not having given much reasoning other than "there's no content to the posts" (obviously enough content for a number of us to be chatting) seems like newb behaviour. All in, I don't like it.

I've been in games where I've had zero reads after some time, but it's usually because I've been too busy to read/post (didn't keep up with min post requirements and got modkilled), it's been a super quiet game (this one is active enough), or a couple of players have just been attacking each other and tunnelling giving the village nothing to talk about (this game has seemed quite varied to me).

People have reads in live games of a couple hundred posts. I still have too many names in this game who are off my radar and I'm trying to fix that, but to have no reads at all at this stage and consider 600 posts little to go on is not good enough. Not too be too harsh on Derry though, as there are quite a few who are barely meeting minimum posting requirements.

I'm far from a newb and definitely an not playing the newb card. I'm struggling to get into this game for some reason but I've not tried to hide the fact that I'm not a newb. There's an awful lot of finger pointing going on for absolutely ridiculous reasons.

Apologies about that Derry. However it doesn't clear up why there's confusion with anon accounts for such an experienced player?

If it's just something you can't get the hang of, fair enough, I still have to stop and think for a second when spelling 'choose' or 'chose'. It just seems an unusual thing to me for an experienced player to mention a couple of times.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Necro wrote: »
    15 minutes left and we still have a famous FIVE not voting.

Could the 5 who were still left to vote identify themselves please.

Eva WW wrote: »
    Could the 5 who were still left to vote identify themselves please.

i cant remember what time I voted at. I'd say definitely after 8.

• Advertisement

Apologies about that Derry. However it doesn't clear up why there's confusion with anon accounts for such an experienced player?

To be fair, I struggle with anon accounts. I said so in my first post (and was looked at for it), and I'm a fairly experienced player.

But after a day or so, you either get used to them, or (as I do), read the posts without looking at the names to start, gradually pick up and take note of the stand-out posters. Later, go back and see who said what to form reads and patterns. I agree its harder with anon, but still.

So
    - lazy? (but not so lazy as to miss min post count)
    - not paying attention? (but has managed to keep up)

I'm leaning wolf hiding in low posters, lurking and genie-ing

But not 100% sold. Will keep in mind for voting later unless something interesting happens

Advertisement