Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    if that is the case my above post can be ignored. what would be more likely purley from a game mechanic POV?

I don’t know for sure but surely the SK can choose who gets what bomb? I mean they start the game with only a 50/50 chance of killing people daily. It’s even less then 50/50 with a rolled goody who can stop it. Regardless of the goody actually being dead it’s a pretty weak SK role looking from the outside. And their extra power of strapping a bomb to somebody who, if lynched has to have a twist. It can’t simply be that we know not to lynch anybody who has a bomb as it renders that power useless?! So maybe that power is taht they get to strap a bomb to somebody who may be a clear lynch target and we don’t know about it on some level?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Did you end up doing the cross reference? Did everyone who said they'd vote Emily vote Emily? Did everyone who voted Emily say they would?

I’m working on it now. I think I’m better at putting the info together than concluding anything from it. But I’ll post up soon and hope it’s useful to a villager or two with a sharper eye.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Could the 5 who were still left to vote identify themselves please.

I’m one, think I voted about 8.54 as I confirmed Below :
    Frank WW wrote: »
    I voted at around 8.54. I had Emily in mind since earlier on and hadn’t really a proper chance to catch up. I didn’t realise she was up for the chop and as such the only group who could of bandwagoned her knowingly were wolves. I know it’s easy for me to say but would a wolf jump on a fairly late bandwagon with other wolves?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

To be fair, I struggle with anon accounts. I said so in my first post (and was looked at for it), and I'm a fairly experienced player.

But after a day or so, you either get used to them, or (as I do), read the posts without looking at the names to start, gradually pick up and take note of the stand-out posters. Later, go back and see who said what to form reads and patterns. I agree its harder with anon, but still.

So
    - lazy? (but not so lazy as to miss min post count)
    - not paying attention? (but has managed to keep up)

I'm leaning wolf hiding in low posters, lurking and genie-ing

But not 100% sold. Will keep in mind for voting later unless something interesting happens

One of your posts must have been another thing which made me think there was 'too much newbiness' when reading the thread. We mightn't find a lock wolf with this newb/anon stuff, but it does no harm in discussing it as we can see here now.

Me with anon accounts - it was an amazing eureka moment when I was told about the second browser/private window method. Playing my first few games not knowing that, logging in and out between my anon/regular account, that was some pain in the hole.

As for the rest about Derry, no lock wolf but certainly strong on my radar. For similar reasons, Orla is there too. She last popped in around munch to make one post...
    Orla wrote:
    Well this is amoot point as Glen is dead. Any info for us Gerty?

My FFA so far has Derry and Orla on it. If not them, there's definitely some fúckery going on among low posters. I'm going to save my 3rd FAA spot for someone away from the low posters as I don't want to get tunneled on that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    One of your posts must have been another thing which made me think there was 'too much newbiness' when reading the thread. We mightn't find a lock wolf with this newb/anon stuff, but it does no harm in discussing it as we can see here now.

Me with anon accounts - it was an amazing eureka moment when I was told about the second browser/private window method. Playing my first few games not knowing that, logging in and out between my anon/regular account, that was some pain in the hole.

As for the rest about Derry, no lock wolf but certainly strong on my radar. For similar reasons, Orla is there too. She last popped in around munch to make one post...

My FFA so far has Derry and Orla on it. If not them, there's definitely some fúckery going on among low posters. I'm going to save my 3rd FAA spot for someone away from the low posters as I don't want to get tunneled on that.

what did derry do?

I struggle with the anon accounts. they kind of all mesh together. makes relating posts to each other very difficult. thats why i try to focus on voting patters. that way you can add colour for good/bad

• Advertisement

if that is the case my above post can be ignored. what would be more likely purley from a game mechanic POV?

In my experience the player chooses who to give the real and fake to. It’s all about strategy and shouldn’t be a decision that the mods make.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

My head today tells me to look at the single voters. I’ve then looked at all of those who posted this morning up until (but they also posted after) munch. I believe at least one or more baddies would be on thread posting. So, these are who I’ll be looking into today.

Jake EMILY VOTER
    Eva SINGLE VOTER
    Mary
    Oisin
    Katie SINGLE VOTER
    Gertrude EMILY VOTER
    Brendan
    Senan
    Isla SINGLE VOTER
    Henry SINGLE VOTER
    Regan SINGLE VOTER
    Riona SINGLE VOTER

Would you not say the folk that were single voters are likely to be villagers and not wolves? keeping it safe with nothing really to go on for the first day and it ensures we don't take a rolled player out ?:rolleyes:

I made it clear who I was planning to vote, it also gave the wolves someone else they could jump on to get a villager.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Any merit to attempting to organise FFAs for a certain time today?

i cant remember what time I voted at. I'd say definitely after 8.

But you’d surely remember if you voted after this prompt from necro?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Would you not say the folk that were single voters are likely to be villagers and not wolves? keeping it safe with nothing really to go on for the first day and it ensures we don't take a rolled player out ?:rolleyes:

I made it clear who I was planning to vote, it also gave the wolves someone else they could jump on to get a villager.

Well, I voted for Desmond as I suspected it was an easy, safe, vote. As I said earlier, I'm leaning Desmond village at the minute.

• Advertisement

But you’d surely remember if you voted after this prompt from necro?

i dont. i was in bed watching better call saul

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Havent read back up yet, just finishing work for the day but my thoughts on looking back at yesterday.

No announcement on the bomb, would leave me to believe it is possible that one of Regan or Des is Randall. No announcement on diffusing and now our diffuser is dead and TCM can't kill Randall

On Eva, genuinely think shes a wolf, creepy quotes at the start, then I seen her pose a question on why Emily was on me! She was on me cause I named her at the top of my FFA I'd presume. Her OMG moment when Emily came back as vig was fairly disingenuous IMO

I'll catch up on this mornings shenanigans and report back shortly

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Wasn’t trying to being condescending apologies if that’s what’s coming across but remember none of us know your leaning., you could just as easily be a wolf trying to paint a narrative. I find that narrative, that you’ve spent a fair bit of time trying to sell, a bit flakey. It’s plausible, but just as plausible as wolves using a vote manipulation against Emily to use against those who voted on Emily.

As a village Is it worthwhile going through another 4 voters of Emily hoping to get 1 wolf or maybe looking in other areas that may yield more wolves with less collateral damage?

No I apologise I was taking what you were saying too personally and had a bit of a meltdown. It's not a narrative that I'm trying to sell either, it is my opinion on what's going on I can't do any more than that.

I'm open to looking into other people, I had planned to anyway before we started going back and forth but I still believe there's a wolf in one of the names I said but that's just me. It doesn't mean I want all of you dead it means I want to try figure out who it is

Quote: Necro
    15 minutes left and we still have a famous FIVE not voting.

So - Henry & Frank. Oisin just knows they voted after 8pm but I want to know who voted after 8:45. Possibly Oisin but still 2 (maybe 3) outstanding.

I’m looking at you -
    Mary
    Brendan
    Clodagh
    Senan
    Patrick
    Wendy

Jake WW wrote: »
    Havent read back up yet, just finishing work for the day but my thoughts on looking back at yesterday.

No announcement on the bomb, would leave me to believe it is possible that one of Regan or Des is Randall. No announcement on diffusing and now our diffuser is dead and TCM can't kill Randall

On Eva, genuinely think shes a wolf, creepy quotes at the start, then I seen her pose a question on why Emily was on me! She was on me cause I named her at the top of my FFA I'd presume. Her OMG moment when Emily came back as vig was fairly disingenuous IMO

I'll catch up on this mornings shenanigans and report back shortly

so regan and des were planted with bombs. neither was killed by the bombs.

possibles:

1 is randall who was planted with the real bomb

glenn bateman diffused both bombs

are they the only 2 possibilities here?

Glenn Bateman - The Defuser. Glenn can attempt to defuse the deadly bombs planted by the Trash Can Man during each day phase.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

i doubt the bomber knows which is real and which is fake. prob give 2 names and the mods take care of the RNG. based on that i would say the SK would not take a 50:50 of killing themselves, therefore anyone strapped with a bomb we can rule out being the SK. This early in the game anyway

In previous games where 50:50 was used people got to choose who got the real / fake items

Gertrude has her most suspicious in their read list at 6pm. Ties Frank to Emily a bit in same read list.

Emily asks Nigel about a typo which he responds to. I’ll delete this if nobody else brings up this convo.

Emily finds a couple of Brendan’s posts pockety and wants to read in isolation. Does Brendan respond? He does saying he also quoted Eva very long post and gave same reason as her not being a wolf as he did Isla.

Isla says Emily has been quoting from the book when it was actually me. Emily isn’t impressed with Isla as she hasn’t read the book nor seen the mini series. Says it’s a Lie.

Gertrude writes this in response to Brendan “As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.”

At 19:14 Emily asks what minimum post count is. Necro & Patrick respond. In response to Necro, At 19:23 Emily says “wasn’t here at the start, so just skipped over the first page.” Patrick picks up on this. Regan says she was the 15th poster on first page. (My thoughts - I GUESS THIS DEPENDS ON POST PER PAGE SETTINGS?). At 19:47 Jake has Emily as his bad read saying “Emily- As pointed out, skipped the first page apparently and the OP! Weird thing for anyone to say” Jake saying he voted between the hour of 8&9.

At 20:05 Brendan responds to Gertrude “Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.
    Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.
    There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?”

In conclusion - Gertrude, Jake, Brendan and Isla throwing shade at Emily with only Gertrude & Jake voting that way. Gertrude may have the real bomb planted on her so is a wait and see if she dies and how she flips and who she could possibly be either teamed with or taken advantage of by.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Hey all. So again I was mad busy today and playing catch up now.

Nothing from Wendy today so that suspicion gets dropped for now.

Regan and des seem our strongest leads, no?

No successful bombing from two days there is a rat in there and I could see a bomber role try to gain early cover by self bombing the fake bomb. There was even an argument yesterday saying the diffuser should diffuse no matter what. That's perfect circumstances for a bomber to self bomb.

Beyond that, based off previous experience, the Emily 4 (the 4 that remain) would have to have a wolf in them. It was an unclear lynch so chances are there is one in there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

possibles:

Glenn Bateman - The Defuser. Glenn can attempt to defuse the deadly bombs planted by the Trash Can Man during each day phase.

Possibilities:

Flagg had real bomb and nothing happened - seems unlikely but possible
    Flagg had real bomb and AN Other had fake - Glen had choice/defused both - again unlikely (1 in 25 shot of picking Flagg) possible
    SK had fake bomb and AN Other had real - Glen had choice and defused right one. Possible
    SK planted bomb on 2 others - Glen had choice and defused right one
    SK planted bomb on 2 others - Glen able to defuse both

I think that's all the possibilities.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

possibles:

No, they aren't the only possibilities, because you left out the most likely one - the defuser picked the actual bomb to defuse.

Where have you got the idea that the defuser could defuse both of them?

• Advertisement

Patrick, are you around?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I'm only going off the last page as it's there but Eva doing good work. Busy wolf, sk or villager, I like what I see. A peek and protect there to confirm and protect would mean a strong member of our village core for later in the game.

Not telling seer and bg what to do, but food for thought.

And this comes with the caveat that I haven't isod Eva yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I am countering your place holder on me with my place holder on you... I've nothing else to go on.
    Quote: Necro
    15 minutes left and we still have a famous FIVE not voting.

So - Henry & Frank. Oisin just knows they voted after 8pm but I want to know who voted after 8:45. Possibly Oisin but still 2 (maybe 3) outstanding.

I’m looking at you -
    Mary
    Brendan
    Clodagh
    Senan
    Patrick
    Wendy

I don't know when the Henry vote was placed, but my predecessor posted the above at 8.50 so probably around then

Henry WW wrote: »
    I don't know when the Henry vote was placed, but my predecessor posted the above at 8.50 so probably around then

Yep. I had your predecessor down as that time. I find it very strange that nobody else is admitting to what time they voted at.

To be honest, I expected some kind of flavour on the lack of a bomb going off in the event of a diffuse. We wont be able to compare it tonight cause the diffuser is brown bread! I'm reading a lot into lack of flavour, and to shoot holes in my own theory maybe the diffuser the didnt wrote any flavour but I think a successful diffuse gets an announcement.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I'm only going off the last page as it's there but Eva doing good work. Busy wolf, sk or villager, I like what I see. A peek and protect there to confirm and protect would mean a strong member of our village core for later in the game.

Your advocating that our seer should reveal themselves already? Or am I picking you up wrong?

Yep. I had your predecessor down as that time. I find it very strange that nobody else is admitting to what time they voted at.

I voted at 7.46, what's your line here though? You think late bloomers jumped a wagon or what?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

This is why I stated when I put my vote in last night, saves people having to chase it up the next day and good to compare to whether people were being truthful or not.

Could everyone state today when they put their vote in so we can reference it tomorrow?

Katie WW wrote: »

All perks come with the caveat of Randall appearing as good, this type of post is mad! Highlight who you think is good there, your supposed to be finding bad guys!

All that without your ISO and off the last page of posts? Well done

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    I voted at 7.46, what's your line here though? You think late bloomers jumped a wagon or what?

I’m thinking a couple of wolves placed their votes after necros prompt. See how things are progressing and then voting accordingly.

Advertisement