Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    fair play. i have no clue who to vote for.

You and Derry again.

I'm clearly missing something about this relationship.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    You and Derry again.

what about me and derry?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

fair play. i have no clue who to vote for.

To be fair I don’t think you are alone. There’s no real Cohesion to how we are doing things in this village. Not blaming anybody, it just feels like we are all doing our own thing.

I originally thought the SK Powers were watered down, but the thought of a bomb that could kill a lot of people is nearly as damaging to how we strategise this as the bomb itself.

If we have another bad day/night we might need to do something like pick a number of people to block vote for 2 different targets. Some sort of strategy that makes it harder for wolves and SK to hide.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

whats the question?

The post/question is there for you to see, I only wrote it an hour ago.

I knew you weren't paying attention during that discussion with me, Wini and Derry earlier once you asked 'What did Derry do?'. Now you're not paying attention again when you miss that large post of mine which starts with a quote from you. Yet you're apparently taunting me now for some reason with 'Hey ol buddie'.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

SInce it seems to be what all the cool kids are doing. I am just doing my vote

• Advertisement

The post/question is there for you to see, I only wrote it an hour ago.

I knew you weren't paying attention during that discussion with me, Wini and Derry earlier once you asked 'What did Derry do?'. Now you're not paying attention again when you miss that large post of mine which starts with a quote from you. Yet you're apparently taunting me now for some reason with 'Hey ol buddie'.

not taunting. you said something about being pocketed and i decided to have some fun with it. i actually had that quote posted ready to reply to but it was such a long post (not my reply). i will go back and revisit now

You and Derry again.

i wouldn't be surprised if yourself and derry are wolves and you are trying to distance yourself from him by trying to paint me and derry as a potential team mates

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Are we all happy the Eva's DELETE THIS LATER comment was innocent? Really don't like it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    To be fair I don’t think you are alone. There’s no real Cohesion to how we are doing things in this village. Not blaming anybody, it just feels like we are all doing our own thing.

I originally thought the SK Powers were watered down, but the thought of a bomb that could kill a lot of people is nearly as damaging to how we strategise this as the bomb itself.

If we have another bad day/night we might need to do something like pick a number of people to block vote for 2 different targets. Some sort of strategy that makes it harder for wolves and SK to hide.

No there's no cohesion because it's just a free for all and that's either because the wolves are running the show or not enough people care about what's going on for it to matter. Possibly a mix of both.

If this ends badly tonight and we get f*cked with it and in the morning then everything is going to have to change or it'll be game over way earlier than it should be

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    I'm going through everyones posts starting from the lowest posters and working my way up. In the below two posts Riona talks about the village being organised but then doesn't offer anything to support the organisation. Then talks about keeping as many villagers alive as possible. Which I agree with but her last post she signed off with "good luck village" and it all reads a bit too try hard for what little posts she has.

The reason it stood out is because it's a play I've used many time when a baddie, knocking out the same spiel to make it look like you have the villages best interests at heart while sitting in your evil lair rubbing your hands together laughing at how funny you are. Now that could just be me :o and it could be genuine concern but I'd like to see what Riona says about it when she's back

You're right. It is just you.

I'm up to my eyeballs tbh and barely able to keep up.

It's a game I've been so excited for though so I'm going to make sure I play as much as I can.

The speed of the post volume increasing is making it so that by the time I have brain space to get involved, there's another boatload of stuff to catch up on. Plus a load of stupid quotes that are wasting my time.

I can't argue on the whole not helping to organize, but it was more a plea for the active players to keep that in mind.

• Advertisement

That's what I've discussed with Wendy and sought clarification for. If you read those interactions, and my post since then about low posters, you'd see some things were cleared up but Derry is still a mild concern to me as a low posters, Just one in a group of them.

Why are you speaking up for him anyway? I got accused of pocketing for less yesterday. Since you are so concerned, let's look at your question from another POV - What did Derry do? Like what has he done so far to earn your defense?

Unless I'm picking up the wording of your question wrong or misunderstanding, that's a weird hill to go to battle on Oisin IMO.

I've explained the thought process of my vote last night...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113004951&postcount=392

I didn't actually see Necro's 15 minute prompt, I saw another player raise the possibility of Patrick being vig so I moved my vote off him once I saw that post. Given that I already had a vote in despite my late change, Necro's prompt doesn't apply to me.

What is your line between throwing shade and discussing other players? We can't vote for everyone, nor should we vote for someone merely because we might have one sticking point with them. If I did actually vote for Emily, there would be the 'only did it cause she shaded you' accusation. Can't win there tbh.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what I've done or said above to earn your 'throwing shade' accusation. They are completely fair points I made about Emily's selective pocketing accusations. Overall as well, Gertrude had made the point that not enough people were contributing, and I was commenting 'why bother?' in relation to trying to correct the thread record when such attempts are labelled as pocketing.

I don't like the way you're trying to portray me here as someone who started/contributed to the lynch of our vig, as someone who was merely here 'throwing shade' near lynch time. That post you quoted of mine from 8:05pm, there was another reply in that post to someone apart from Gertrude. It was to you about a TCM thing.

So it's not like I nipped in to turn up the pressure cooker on our vig. I've been trying to game-solve. To choose a part of my post to suit a narrative about responsibility for our vig getting lynched is unfair.

i'm not. i just want to know people's reasons for doing stuff.

and yeah, sorry in general for not paying much attention. i genuinely find it hard to follow anon games

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Are we all happy the Eva's DELETE THIS LATER comment was innocent? Really don't like it

I still think she is a wolf, even if that comment was innocent.

And **** look at the time. Really not enough hours in the day for all this!!

I haven't seen this yet. Can you point me to it please do I can take a look?

Isla WW wrote: »

i think brendan and derry are wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Indeed, but that was quite the pocketing attempt on Eva the emerging village leader earlier now that I see it. Maybe old Katie could have simply been a villager who was under-pressure IRL, but Katie should still be watched IMO in case there were genuine reasons to try to pocket someone who is emerging as an apparent village leader.

Welcome aboard new Katie btw, and sorry your new skin has some unanswered questions which have nothing to do with you.

Katie still features prominently on my hit list but I'm willing to give the new pilot a chance to get their engines going.

Isla WW wrote: »
    But why though? And bullet points from today or pointers where to look are appreciated

Riona WW wrote: »
    You're right. It is just you.

I'm up to my eyeballs tbh and barely able to keep up.

It's a game I've been so excited for though so I'm going to make sure I play as much as I can.

The speed of the post volume increasing is making it so that by the time I have brain space to get involved, there's another boatload of stuff to catch up on. Plus a load of stupid quotes that are wasting my time.

I can't argue on the whole not helping to organize, but it was more a plea for the active players to keep that in mind.

That's fair Riona, WW and work can be an absolute head melt sometimes. Not that I'm saying that clears you on that alone but I'm empathetic to your circumstances

brendan with a lovely disappearing act

That's fair Riona, WW and work can be an absolute head melt sometimes. Not that I'm saying that clears you on that alone but I'm empathetic to your circumstances

Lovely pockety action there though

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

My head is fried now I don't know where to even begin. Fair enough not posting who we're voting for but why would we not do FFAs? Eveyone is just stating that they've voted but there's been barely any real discussion challenging people today and there's absolutely nothing to refer back to say when we do flip a wolf, they won't have done an FFA and potentially name one of their own in it.

What exactly are we supposed to work off after this lynch?

I think we should do FFA's too. Then the village can come up with a strategy.

hey orla

Wendy WW wrote: »
    I think we should do FFA's too. Then the village can come up with a strategy.

brendan
    derry
    TBD

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

What are you talking about lumping my name in with trying to start a wagon on you? I asked you why you repeatedly stated on thread you thought Regan was the diffuser and then out right asked her. Why would you keep saying it and out her if she had of been, that's what I want to now?

I've questioned a lot of people today, you're not special Desmond. And who said that I or Eva was lock clear? Where are you even getting that from?

Read what I wrote. I think you and Eva are lock clear and anyone who can't see it is mental.
    I thought Regan was the defuser because they said my bomb was a dud. The tone of your "special" comment is crazy aggressive so you can vote me all day long but it's village on village.

hey orla
    Hey Oisin how ya doing?

Lovely shading there Orla.. My empathising with another players RL circumstances hold no bearing in the game and I clearly stated it didn't clear her but nice try. Have you anything else to add or would you like me to grab your invisibility cloak for you?

Hey Oisin how ya doing?

so so. i want to go to the pub :(

I wouldn't expect anyone to clear me for that. I've seen it happen in games before. Everyone should be making their decisions based on the game itself and regardless of rl.

With that said I hope to have a bit more availability tonight, so hopefully you'll all have a bit more content from me to review.

Lovely shading there Orla.. My empathising with another players RL circumstances hold no bearing in the game and I clearly stated it didn't clear her but nice try. Have you anything else to add or would you like me to grab your invisibility cloak for you?

nice call out.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Can I once again reiterate my hatred for the phrase lock clear.

Advertisement