Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    Good evening all, just trying to get up to speed. Any summeries are appreciated, like who is dead, anyone outed, anything big happen.

Night 0 - Steve WW NRV Munched
    Day 1 - Regan WW bomb (fake or real?) planted on them. still alive
    Day 1 - Desmond WW bomb (fake or real) planted on them. Still alive
    Day 1 - Emily WW VIGILANTE. Lynched. Her role passed onto Tom Cullen.
    Night 1 - Gabriel WW NRV Shot by App Vig
    Night 1 - Nigel WW BOMB DEFUSER Munched
    Day 2 - Gertrude WW Bomb planted on her (fake or real). Don’t know what happened to other bomb.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    you know the post number?

Copied from my notes

Emily asks Nigel about a typo which he responds to. I’ll delete this if nobody else brings up this convo.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Quick readthrough - lots of things don't add up but Eva's delete me comment stands out the most for now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    brendan with a lovely disappearing act

Sorry for not being glued to the screen and having other shít to do. I forgot that you have been here yourself every minute since the game started.

You seem a bit obsessed with me at this stage given how much you've mentioned me since I last checked in. You went back and read my reply to you and it seems to have struck a nerve, so much so that now coming up to lynch you are desperately pushing me as a wolf while I'm absent.

So you weren't taunting me, just trying to have a little fun and say hello because pocketing was mentioned. Excellent contribution there Oisin.

Eva WW wrote: »
    What time was this vote at Brendan?

After 8:30pm I could be pretty sure.

Elsewhere...

People panicking now about listing the voting time but not the name...fine I voted Orla at about 6:30pm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Yes it does. You’re just choosing to see it differently.

If I’m lynched later, that entire post will be looked back on. Someone will hopefully do a similar one for me. That means they have to go back in time, read each post that references me, make notes on each post and write questions alongside it. And then add to each paragraph IF and when that conversation continues. They may, like me, forget to go back and read over before clicking “post reply”.

If I do make it past this lynch, I’m going to cut back on the volume of posts. But I won’t be cutting back on the posts that show the legwork I’ve put in. I put that legwork in for everyone to use.

Oh, I will be making a couple of quotes a day at least as they’re too good to keep hidden.

i actually agree with you. i can see how this happens

#pocketing

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I've to go now anyway (if that's alright with Oisin) and will be back later. We need a bad here, c'mon village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Brendan nobody is asking anyone to say who they voted for I think it’s been agreed it should be kept to ourselves.

People are looking for FFAs as it appeared we just weren’t doing them and that doesn’t make much sense

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Just in case I do get deaded later I want to restate the importance of finding Nadine. Until she dies, seer peeks are useless. Now I have no magic way of finding her but I suspect the wolves will try to protect her. If it looks like someone is being shielded then vig should take them out.

Also going to suggest that ye strategise about an approach to the booby trap bomb. Think the game is relying on it to up the kill rate but there may be a way to minimise the impact.

Copied from my notes

Emily asks Nigel about a typo which he responds to. I’ll delete this if nobody else brings up this convo.

can you link the post so i can get the full context please? or someone else

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Right, we've 45 minutes left. Do people agree that FFAs are the way to go or not?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Eva's message. I bolded the part we're discussing
    Gertrude has her most suspicious in their read list at 6pm. Ties Frank to Emily a bit in same read list.

Emily finds a couple of Brendan’s posts pockety and wants to read in isolation. Does Brendan respond? He does saying he also quoted Eva very long post and gave same reason as her not being a wolf as he did Isla.

Isla says Emily has been quoting from the book when it was actually me. Emily isn’t impressed with Isla as she hasn’t read the book nor seen the mini series. Says it’s a Lie.

Gertrude writes this in response to Brendan “As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.”

At 19:14 Emily asks what minimum post count is. Necro & Patrick respond. In response to Necro, At 19:23 Emily says “wasn’t here at the start, so just skipped over the first page.” Patrick picks up on this. Regan says she was the 15th poster on first page. (My thoughts - I GUESS THIS DEPENDS ON POST PER PAGE SETTINGS?). At 19:47 Jake has Emily as his bad read saying “Emily- As pointed out, skipped the first page apparently and the OP! Weird thing for anyone to say” Jake saying he voted between the hour of 8&9.

At 20:05 Brendan responds to Gertrude “Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.
    Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.
    There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?”

In conclusion - Gertrude, Jake, Brendan and Isla throwing shade at Emily with only Gertrude & Jake voting that way. Gertrude may have the real bomb planted on her so is a wait and see if she dies and how she flips and who she could possibly be either teamed with or taken advantage of by.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Right, we've 45 minutes left. Do people agree that FFAs are the way to go or not?

Getting your suspicions out there is a good idea. I'm not a fan of the secrecy. Wolves aren't having to pin themselves down on anything which means more room to hide

Riona WW wrote: »

hard to know. if there's a wagon/consensus then SK will strike.

what do you think the outcome of that bomb is?

Flimsy FFA for the sake of trying to pull something together here:

Eva
    Brendan
    Riona

Eva due to the "note-to-self"
    Brendan I've found stiff, I thought he had some okay points today but intro and outro seemed kind of rehearsed
    Riona same but she didn't hang around enough to redeem that

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Would it be an idea for the village to decide if Eva's post was innocent or not?

My take is o don’t think Eva’s a wolf. Wolves aren’t that sloppy with the benefit of a backroom to support them, villagers on the mother hand can be. Not set on her yet but I’d at worst go neutral

Brendan is I think a wolf, his posts before and after lynch last night and then this morning lack any consistency- won’t tell us his vote, then couldn’t vote for Emily so went Henry, then this morning suddenly had Gabriel on radar but didn’t actually vote there. Stinks of a wolf trying to avoid committing. He’ll be my vote tonight I think

FFA

Barbara
    Orla
    Mary

Don’t like that they have all come in in the last hour, the bottom two speed reading the whole day and both took Evas comment from it.

My vote will be going here. Everyone I’ve had a back and forth with today has at least made me a less suspicious that I couldn’t justify lynching

I’m not sure what the story is with Evas comment. It very well could be a slip up but it also could be something being pushed by the wolves to push us to take our the highest posting villager. I think it’s something to be kept an eye on but not lynch worthy when you think of all the other work she’s done

Sorry that should say top two not bottom two

Senan WW wrote: »
    My take is o don’t think Eva’s a wolf. Wolves aren’t that sloppy with the benefit of a backroom to support them, villagers on the mother hand can be. Not set on her yet but I’d at worst go neutral

Brendan is I think a wolf, his posts before and after lynch last night and then this morning lack any consistency- won’t tell us his vote, then couldn’t vote for Emily so went Henry, then this morning suddenly had Gabriel on radar but didn’t actually vote there. Stinks of a wolf trying to avoid committing. He’ll be my vote tonight I think

I genuinely did that once when I was a wolf. The backroom can't help you when you're copying and pasting and not paying attention

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just over 30 minutes to vote. If you haven't done so already... do it now. Reminder about posting requirements again also.

Vote submitted at 8.29

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

I genuinely did that once when I was a wolf. The backroom can't help you when you're copying and pasting and not paying attention

I think I’ve seen wolves slip like that twice in the time I’ve been playing, generally when the games been going a while and everyone’s a bit frazzled.

Gertrude has her most suspicious in their read list at 6pm. Ties Frank to Emily a bit in same read list.

Emily finds a couple of Brendan’s posts pockety and wants to read in isolation. Does Brendan respond? He does saying he also quoted Eva very long post and gave same reason as her not being a wolf as he did Isla.

Isla says Emily has been quoting from the book when it was actually me. Emily isn’t impressed with Isla as she hasn’t read the book nor seen the mini series. Says it’s a Lie.

Gertrude writes this in response to Brendan “As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.”

At 19:14 Emily asks what minimum post count is. Necro & Patrick respond. In response to Necro, At 19:23 Emily says “wasn’t here at the start, so just skipped over the first page.” Patrick picks up on this. Regan says she was the 15th poster on first page. (My thoughts - I GUESS THIS DEPENDS ON POST PER PAGE SETTINGS?). At 19:47 Jake has Emily as his bad read saying “Emily- As pointed out, skipped the first page apparently and the OP! Weird thing for anyone to say” Jake saying he voted between the hour of 8&9.

At 20:05 Brendan responds to Gertrude “Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.
    Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.
    There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?”

In conclusion - Gertrude, Jake, Brendan and Isla throwing shade at Emily with only Gertrude & Jake voting that way. Gertrude may have the real bomb planted on her so is a wait and see if she dies and how she flips and who she could possibly be either teamed with or taken advantage of by.

this is a tough one in fairness.

eva, why would you delete that part if no one brought it up?

For me, it's not enough to lynch eva. It could be a slip, but the reaction and explanation makes sense to me. I can see why some would be stuck on it after catching it, but from reading back and seeing the hype over it, I don't think I agree.

FFA
    Brendan - the flippy floppy with the whole henry situation
    Babs - just jumps on the eva thing, seems like an easy way to hide in a clear crowd
    Senan - again, this is just gut, so sorry senan, but your posts just aren't sitting right with me.

Ok, vote gone in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

How would Eva delete it when we can't edit or delete our posts?

Are you all on a ****ing windup?

A&B having a convo. C jumps in and joins this convo. If C doesn’t jump in, delete this paragraph cos A & B are dead. Dead dead dead!

Seeing as the whole exercise was about who was shading Emily and at that stage only Emily and Nigel (also dead) were in a convo with each other, of course I would make a note saying I’ll delete that part if nobody else joined in.

Cos they’re DEAD !!!!!

Have all of you joined a WhatsApp group called “winding Eva up”?

Regan WW wrote: »
    How would Eva delete it when we can't edit or delete our posts?

Regan it would have been wrote on a separate tab in Microsoft or wherever. A lot of people keep notes seperate so you have something to work off

Tom Cullen - if I die, M O O N spells shoot the muvva fukka who kept this going.

Choose wisely though as there are lots of them. My bet would be those who planted the seed have sneaked off and left everyone else to it. But I could be wrong.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

10 mins left. Two people need to vote still.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Some good posts by Gertrude - seems townie

Advertisement