Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Just a small correction, you missed my vote on Desmond.

goddam vote manipulation!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I don't mind being peeked - it won't find us an evil but it will help add to the village core

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

why didnt phil die?[/QUOTE]
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    was his vote messed with? its there x 2
    does that clear phil? they thought they would get a bonus kill maybe? did phil declare on thread he was voting for orla?

or maybe he's bad and thats the line of thinking the wolves want us to follow
    phil, if you're a RV consider you may have been peeked and the wolves tried to kill you by putting your vote onto eva.

looks like i was right on phil. go me! i think this clears me, whaddya say? :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    I reckon we wait and see how Phil gets on with his peek and bullet before deciding who to lynch as he may find us more evils.

I don’t get the peak or shot until after 9pm. Then I have until 10am tomorrow morning to use it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Senan id normally agree with you on catch a wolf kill a wolf but if you read my previous posts on my reasoning for leaving her to either be bombed or for tomorrows lynch when you lose my powers it kind of makes sense to do it that way. We gather more information this way.

Flip someone for lynch who hasn’t been peeked - Flip a wolf, we have vote analysis. Or flip SK which is always going to be good
    Peek a player - Potentially two confirmed baddies if Wendy isn’t blown up
    Shoot someone - This could be one of the above confirmed or after doing post and lynch analysis on those confirmed baddies, someone else we have linked to them as bad.

It’s risky as I said but the pay off could be huge and as I said I’d like a discussion about it. I put a lot of thought into how I did it this morning so it’s not a decision that will be made lightly

I get your reasoning but I’ve also been burned in the past for leaving a known wolf in play. At this stage we have three power wolves left. The traitor is probably not an issue once we get our **** together, neither is the peek at this stage I guess (thanks regan). Nadine is still a concern however given her powers

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Wendy you do realise I’m going to get a shot tonight which will be decided on thread before hand and which will 100% confirm I am who I say I am?

There’s also the chance you’re going to be blown up tonight and flip evil which will further confirm what I’m saying

Anyone else think we should lynch tonight who we think is a baddie, leave Wendy to her faith. I’ll peek someone, shoot someone else which is what I did with Frank and Des and then if Wendy is still alive at least when I’m dead tomorrow you’ll have a lock wolf for lynch?

It was risky as f*ck doing it that way this morning but the village needed a risk taken to turn things around. If the other RV comes out too then it means they won’t be killed and we’ll have a three village core until I’m killed tomorrow morning

I think it’s something we should decide together though, Frank what do you think?

Agreed.

Clear
    Phil
    Frank

Bomb
    Senan
    Wendy

Remaining
    Regan
    Henry
    Oisin
    Brendan
    Mary
    Riona

Consideration - RV - Larry - To remain hidden or come out?
    Peek and Bullet
    10 players left which means game is effectively over if Bomb, Lynch and Bullet don't hit at least one wolf

Votes (view that Wolves/SK kept away from Group - taken from post 928 from Phil)

Lynch Results Day 1

Lynchee Votes Total
    Emily WW Gertrude WW, Gabriel WW, Regan WW, Jake WW, Frank WW 5
    Henry WW Winifred WW, Mary WW, Brendan WW 3
    Eva WW Derry WW, Oisin WW, Clodagh WW 3
    Frank WW Nigel WW, Senan WW 2
    Isla WW Patrick WW, Wendy WW 2
    Wendy WW Katie WW 1
    Derry WW Eva WW 1
    Mary WW Desmond WW 1
    Patrick WW Isla WW 1
    Oisin WW Barbara WW 1
    Regan WW Orla WW 1
    Katie WW Phil WW 1
    Jake WW Emily WW 1
    Senan WW Riona WW 1
    Desmond WW Regan WW 1
    Winifred WW Henry WW 1

Lynchee Votes Total
    Eva WW Derry WW, Isla WW, Jake WW, Orla WW, Winifred WW, Barbara WW, Phil WW, Katie WW 8
    Brendan WW Senan WW, Gertrude WW, Oisin WW 3
    Isla WW Eva WW, Patrick WW 2
    Orla WW Brendan WW, Phil WW 2
    Desmond WW Regan WW 1
    Wendy WW Frank WW 1
    Patrick WW Mary WW 1
    Katie WW Henry WW 1
    Henry WW Desmond WW 1
    Barbara WW Riona WW 1
    Mary WW Wendy WW 1
    Did Not Vote Clodagh WW

My logic below is that if a wolf is voting on a person with no other votes or votes on a person with only village votes, they are potentially a Baddy. As it seems baddies have been cute to the Bomb threat of the SK and avoided getting in big voting blocks. If a villager voted alongside a baddy, the baddy would not of known that a villager was voting alongside them , therefore it was just a coincidence that some baddies voted alongside villagers. I am not sure how much time I am going to be able to give to the game today, but if anybody wants to look back to see what people announced on thread who they were voting for it would be great. Would help us see how wolves might be able to coordinate their own voting patterns and who voted for who they said.

From a purely Voting perspective:

Wendy - Voting single votes twice - Confirmed Wolf from Phil

Riona - Fits the voting votes profile for baddy. Both days single votes

Henry - Fits the voting profile for baddy. Both days single votes

Regan -Fits the voting profile for baddy Day 2 = single vote , Day 1 voted with other villagers on Emily but did anybody say on thread they were voting for Emily ? If its not an obvious wagon then a wolf could easily vote Emily
    *What people were advocating that we go after "Emily voters", may give indication to wolves strategy - Look Desmond, Katie and Wendy's posts

Regan -Fits the voting profile for baddy. Only unconfirmed voter from Emily on day 1. Possible wolf. Voted Desmond Yesterday. Messing around this morning so maybe wants to be shot (not sure there is a dynamic where a baddy wants to die) or are trying the TWTBAW approach. Unhelpful villager at best

Senan - Day 1 voted me with a confirmed villager. Day 2 with Oisin WW still to be confirmed - If Oisin is villager, could be a wolf single voting

Oisin - Day 1 - voted with 2 other villagers so potential wolf there. But day 2 Senan Also voted for Brendan so unclear from that

Brendan - Day 1 voted with Mary so unclear. Day 2 voted with villager so unclear.

Mary - Day 1 voted single Day 2 voted with Brendan

Hmm. . This voting pattern thing isn't perfect, but if anybody else has any other suggestions/strategies we are all ears . .

Senan WW wrote: »
    I get your reasoning but I’ve also been burned in the past for leaving a known wolf in play. At this stage we have three power wolves left. The traitor is probably not an issue once we get our **** together, neither is the peek at this stage I guess (thanks regan). Nadine is still a concern however given her powers

I just reread the OP I thought Nadines power was in relation to Flagg but he peeked good while she was still alive. She can still frame another to peek bad. Okay so I think the peek will need to be my decision without saying on thread who it will be so she can’t manipulate it?

Wendy could be Nadine but she could also blow up tonight. If she doesn’t I could just shoot her after if needs be.

Wendy I assumed you were clutching at straws saying you were peeked but can you look back and see was there any reason you would be chosen by Nadine on Night1?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Wendy voted for me with Absolutely zero information to go on. I voted for her simply because she hadn’t posted much and wanted to see her response. Not that’s enough to go on...

Frank can you please explain this? Why are you claiming I voted for you?

That was a mistake on my part, apologies. Again, I was speed reading and saw my vote on you as vice versa . .

Frank just to confirm, Regans vote on Day1 was a manipulation and she’s just claimed the other RV, I can’t for the life of me remember his name :pac: Unless there’s a counter claim to it which I can’t see why there wouldn’t then it’s highly likely she is not go she says she is

Frank just to confirm, Regans vote on Day1 was a manipulation and she’s just claimed the other RV, I can’t for the life of me remember his name :pac: Unless there’s a counter claim to it which I can’t see why there wouldn’t then it’s highly likely she is not go she says she is

Spent ages doing that up and by the time I post it, its out of date . . :(

• Advertisement

That’s meant to say she is who she says she is, my keyboard on my phone was doing weird things when I was writing that

Frank WW wrote: »
    Spent ages doing that up and by the time I post it, its out of date . . :(

I always keep two tabs open while I’m writing one up so I can check the new posts as their coming so I don’t miss anything or even check on your phone as it’s easier to refresh that way :o

I don’t get the peak or shot until after 9pm. Then I have until 10am tomorrow morning to use it

In that case I would say catch a wolf kill a wolf if you don't get to use either until after lynch to minimise the chances of a mislynch

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

@Frank, are you actually reading the thread?

I am typing these words for the final time.

I

Voted

For

Desmond

Twice.

Ergo

I

Did

Not

Vote

For

Emily

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I can understand how the votes don't paint me in a great light here, but remember, most of us strategically weren't sharing who we were voting for yesterday due to potential catastrophe. And those who did fell into TCMs trap. There was no way I was voting with those guys and winding up splat. So that could have happened to anyone. It's just happenstance that nobody else decided to go Babs.

Even tho my second day vote turned out to be on a nrv, Babs was a legitimate call and she had been noted on other people's ffas.

Votes first day are always chaos and I picked someone who I felt was dodgy. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not sticking on senan for the second day because my guy is still sending off warning signals.

Henry WW wrote: »
    In that case I would say catch a wolf kill a wolf if you don't get to use either until after lynch to minimise the chances of a mislynch

I had considered that but for anyone to vote for me will just be suicide. Even if the wolves manipulated and say one other person votes for me I’ll be safe

@Frank, are you actually reading the thread?

I am typing these words for the final time.

I

Voted

For

Desmond

Twice.

Ergo

I

Did

Not

Vote

For

Emily

Seriously Regan, can you start coming up with some suggestions or theories? Pointing out my mistakes on you doesn't really help much now that we know you are pretty much cleared... I am trying to put as much information together as I can, so a bit of help would be appreciated. If I make a mistake at least you all know its genuine (as I am good), but me and Phil cant do this all on our own.

I had considered that but for anyone to vote for me will just be suicide. Even if the wolves manipulated and say one other person votes for me I’ll be safe

Why would you think people would vote you?

Riona WW wrote: »
    I can understand how the votes don't paint me in a great light here, but remember, most of us strategically weren't sharing who we were voting for yesterday due to potential catastrophe. And those who did fell into TCMs trap. There was no way I was voting with those guys and winding up splat. So that could have happened to anyone. It's just happenstance that nobody else decided to go Babs.

Even tho my second day vote turned out to be on a nrv, Babs was a legitimate call and she had been noted on other people's ffas.

Votes first day are always chaos and I picked someone who I felt was dodgy. I'm a bit annoyed at myself for not sticking on senan for the second day because my guy is still sending off warning signals.

The votes strategy is not perfect, hell Regan would be part of the potential wolves in it, but it looks like the baddies were onto the Bomb dynamic so its certainly a strategy worth considering.

People need to come up with other angles and ideas, not just shoot down strategies because it works against them.

In relation to my voting - I can speak for the night one lynch vote as it wasn't me. My vote for Katie last night was because she was all over the place - struck me as a wolf pretending to not know what was going on.

• Advertisement

The votes strategy is not perfect, hell Regan would be part of the potential wolves in it, but it looks like the baddies were onto the Bomb dynamic so its certainly a strategy worth considering.

People need to come up with other angles and ideas, not just shoot down strategies because it works against them.

I'm not shooting it down. I appreciate the effort of running through the idea. I'm just adding a bit more context.

Vote analysis is great. But in circumstances where the majority are actively trying to hide who they are voting for it becomes more muddy.

You keep saying baddies were on to the bomb threat all along. I think that's giving them too much credit. Every villager who didn't announce their vote was also wise to it.. And those who did were warned and warned not to treated. As a village, we knew the threat but some people went rogue.

Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm not shooting it down. I appreciate the effort of running through the idea. I'm just adding a bit more context.

Vote analysis is great. But in circumstances where the majority are actively trying to hide who they are voting for it becomes more muddy.

You keep saying baddies were on to the bomb threat all along. I think that's giving them too much credit. Every villager who didn't announce their vote was also wise to it.. And those who did were warned and warned not to treated. As a village, we knew the threat but some people went rogue.

Treated should be "repeatedly"...

Stupid phone

Agreed.

This is going to make or break it for us so we need everyone chipping in here

What do the votes tell you?
    Can you find any link between Katie and Desmond and other players?
    Who do you think are wolves and SK and why?

Agreed.

This is going to make or break it for us so we need everyone chipping in here

What do the votes tell you?
    Can you find any link between Katie and Desmond and other players?
    Who do you think are wolves and SK and why?

I'm gonna try read back over confirmed baddies and Wendy in the next few hours between meetings.

Hopefully something stands out

Seriously Regan, can you start coming up with some suggestions or theories? Pointing out my mistakes on you doesn't really help much now that we know you are pretty much cleared... I am trying to put as much information together as I can, so a bit of help would be appreciated. If I make a mistake at least you all know its genuine (as I am good), but me and Phil cant do this all on our own.

You and Phil can't do it all on your own? What have you done?

I have voted for Randall Flagg twice, and outlined a detailed reason for doing so. I said Desmond was on my village list to keep the wolves off my back.

I also highlighted Katie, who also turned out to be a wolf.

It has been stated repeatedly that I voted for Desmond twice and yet you still, less than half an hour ago, said I voted for Emily. I didn't vote for Emily. You, on the other hand, did.

Consideration - Larry to come out or stay hidden. Larry came out half an hour before your post.

You and Phil can't do it all on your own? What have you done?

I have voted for Randall Flagg twice, and outlined a detailed reason for doing so. I said Desmond was on my village list to keep the wolves off my back.

I also highlighted Katie, who also turned out to be a wolf.

It has been stated repeatedly that I voted for Desmond twice and yet you still, less than half an hour ago, said I voted for Emily. I didn't vote for Emily. You, on the other hand, did.

Consideration - Larry to come out or stay hidden. Larry came out half an hour before your post.

You voted for Randall, how does that help with what we are trying to do? I didn’t know you had come out because I had spent about an hour trying to do up that post. Stop making this all about you and just come up with something helpful.

You voted for Randall, how does that help with what we are trying to do? I didn’t know you had come out because I had spent about an hour trying to do up that post. Stop making this all about you and just come up with something helpful.

I voted for Randall, twice

I've quite clearly been doing well without the need to willy wave in the thread. I offer meaningful contributions when needed. I don't just scatter gun every theory that pops into my head.

I voted for Randall, twice

I've quite clearly been doing well without the need to willy wave in the thread. I offer meaningful contributions when needed. I don't just scatter gun every theory that pops into my head.

Great, so you voted for Randall twice. And then you dragged out a reveal that wasted more of my time , cause if you had just said it I wouldn’t of posted the wrong information about you. So how does you voting for Randall that help us? What’s your plan now? Who are the remaining wolves? How has anything you have done helped us?

I don’t have the answers Regan, I’m just trying to come with ideas and you aren’t helping with this line of talk. I was going to spend some time trying to look back at posts but I’ve had to spend the last 20 mins of this bullsh*t. Seriously I’m taking a break cause this conversation is a waste of time.

Great, so you voted for Randall twice. And then you dragged out a reveal that wasted more of my time , cause if you had just said it I wouldn’t of posted the wrong information about you. So how does you voting for Randall that help us? What’s your plan now? Who are the remaining wolves? How has anything you have done helped us?

I don’t have the answers Regan, I’m just trying to come with ideas and you aren’t helping with this line of talk. I was going to spend some time trying to look back at posts but I’ve had to spend the last 20 mins of this bullsh*t. Seriously I’m taking a break cause this conversation is a waste of time.

Look, I don’t want to spoil the actual small village core. I’m sorry I said that, I will stop my “scatter gun” suggestions.

Can we move on...

Also, none of this means other villagers should not come up with their own ideas/suggestions/theories.

• Advertisement

Look, I don’t want to spoil the actual small village core. I’m sorry I said that, I will stop my “scatter gun” suggestions.

Can we move on...

Also, none of this means other villagers should not come up with their own ideas/suggestions/theories.

I'm sorry too.

giphy.gif

Advertisement