Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    I'm sorry too.

giphy.gif

Ah thanks . .

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Are you pocketing me...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Going to post some of what I'm working on and then going to take a break for a bit as I've been at this hours and don't want to get burnt out

Katie
    - Asks why nobody answered Wendy regarding Steve munch
    - Next post calls out Wendy on Des/Regan theory
    - Asks if Regan is SK
    - Back and forth with me claiming Wendy is trying to pocket me
    - Not around but comes on to drop suspicion of Wendy
    - Then claims Regan/Des are our strongest leads and has to be a rat in there
    - Claims the Emily4 must contain a wolf in it out of those alive. All but Frank still alive but at time of writing the rest were alive too.
    - Pushes for Eva seer peek and protect. Did the wolves have Eva set up to peek bad and that’s why she said it?

*Didn’t notice it at the time but serious contradiction out of Katie. Completely dropped Wendy today and then goes after the two people she initially called Wendy out on going after.
    Katie done a full 360 on Wendy in the space of one post. This was either a set up or bussing between team mates which was then dropped the following day. She asked Regan was she the SK much like Desmond asking was she the diffuser, where they role hunting?

Day 1 Katie votes for Wendy who has peeked evil.
    Phil(me) a confirmed villager voted for Katie
    Day 2 Katie after not much activity votes on Eva wagon
    Henry voted for Katie

Desmond
    - Has bomb planted on him Day1
    - Calls Orlas first post a wolfy open
    - Asks multiple times to have either of their bombs diffused
    - Wanted the seer to peek a wolf and then come out on thread to be protected by BG
    - Repeatedly states Regan is the diffuser
    - Calls me and Eva lock clear out of nowhere
    - Points out only Jake and Frank left from the remaining Emily voters
    - Asks me am I the bomber
    - Accuses me of being the bomber
    - Asks vig to look into me
    - Asks seer to peek me

Day 1 Desmond votes for Mary
    Regan a uncountered villager votes for Desmond

Day 2 Desmond votes for Henry
    Regan votes for Henry again

*So it’s clear looking back that Des was desperate to get his bomb diffused as if he had the real bomb it would have failed and he would have been outted.
    Either role hunting or trying to get Regan set up for a false peek by questioning was she the diffuser. Mary potential wolf having had two wolves vote for her on outliers. Possible he was trying to get me peeked and they were going to use the false one on me.

Wendy
    - Shades Isla for saying she didn’t want to be friends with anyone
    -Again suggests Isla is part of Randalls crew
    - Talks about village sticking together
    - Questions why Steve was targetted
    - Questions whether Regan/Patrick would be stupid enough to post lovey gifs of Flagg/Nadine but says it’s very possible
    - Reponds to Katies suspicions about her vote on Isla
    - Questions can Flagg be killed fter TCM dies
    - Wants to do FFAs
    - FFAs Orla and Isla - Votes for Mary
    - Talks about Evas sentence

Day 1 lynch Wendy votes for Isla for saying she didn’t want to make friends
    Katie a confirmed wolf votes for Wendy because of this
    Day 2 Wendy votes for Mary with no previous mention of her and having put Orla and Isla on her FFA. This stands out the most for Wendy. Why would you vote for someone you’ve said nothing about previously?
    Frank a confirmed villager votes Wendy

* Peeked evil on Day 1. This is a genuine peek or it was a set up by Katie who could have been hoping to get Wendy peeked. Wendy votes for Mary with no previous mention of her and having put Orla and Isla on her FFA. This stands out the most for Wendy. Why would you vote for someone you’ve said nothing about previously?

Are you pocketing me...

I guess I just love villagers too god damn much that it pains me argue with them . . If that's a crime then lock me up . . . :o

Frank WW wrote: »
    I guess I just love villagers too god damn much that it pains me argue with them . . If that's a crime then lock me up . . . :o

Oh you guys :o

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Henry
    - Doesn’t post then votes Isla because she voted for him
    - Questions whether Gertrude planted the fake bomb on themselves
    - Claims vote on Katie was because she was all over the place
    - Happy with Phil/Frank village core
    - Wants to lynch Wendy who peeked bad

Day 1 Henry votes for Winifred a confirmed villager
    Winifred, Mary and Brendan vote for Henry

Day 2 Henry votes for Katie a confirmed wolf
    Desmond a confirmed wolf votes for Henry

*Those five sentences really sum up Henry for the game, there’s nothing else to get from reading his posts. The lynch results are interesting because if Mary is a wolf then that would be two wolf votes on him two days in a row and he voted for a a wolf on day 2.

Mary
    - A lot of posts about being busy and catching up but not much in the way of opinions
    - Voted Henry randomly
    - Voted Patrick for giffing and not being around

Day 1 Mary votes for Henry
    Desmond a confirmed wolf votes for Mary

Day 2 Mary votes for Patrick, a confirmed villager
    Wendy a flipped evil votes for Mary

*Two wolves with votes on Mary which makes me very suspicious of Mary but there’s literally nothing else to base it off with so few posts

Phil that's some serious work there. I will have a look over that soon but can you/Regan confirm the following is the remaining people:

10 (think I posted earlier after Patrick had died)

Clear
    Phil
    Frank
    Regan

Bomb
    Senan
    Wendy

Remaining

Henry
    Oisin
    Brendan
    Mary
    Riona

I was going to actually try and do up a spreadsheet for myself with lists and lists of stuff. SK Targets/death, Wolf targets/deaths/vote tampers. Strip out votes again to see if there is anything on that. Maybe look back over top targets for today.

Is there anything else maybe I should look at ?

Should we hold off on Wendy/Senan for the moment (as one of them will self resolve later)?

Also, thinking about it more, I am convinced SK is wolf hunting. There are 4 (wolves) plus 3 villagers out on thread so they have only 3 spots to hide. That means they must of thought Wendy and/or Senan were wolves.

Phil that's some serious work there. I will have a look over that soon but can you/Regan confirm the following is the remaining people:

10 (think I posted earlier after Patrick had died)

Clear
    Phil
    Frank
    Regan

Bomb
    Senan
    Wendy

Remaining

Henry
    Oisin
    Brendan
    Mary
    Riona

I was going to actually try and do up a spreadsheet for myself with lists and lists of stuff. SK Targets/death, Wolf targets/deaths/vote tampers. Strip out votes again to see if there is anything on that. Maybe look back over top targets for today.

Is there anything else maybe I should look at ?

Should we hold off on Wendy/Senan for the moment (as one of them will self resolve later)?

Also, thinking about it more, I am convinced SK is wolf hunting. There are 4 (wolves) plus 3 villagers out on thread so they have only 3 spots to hide. That means they must of thought Wendy and/or Senan were wolves.

Yep that seems accurate to me. Could definitely help, I always find changing up the way you see things can help you spot something you didn't see before. I hadn't even considered the SKs kills, I agree they'll be wolf hunting too I hadn't thought about that.

Wendy/Senan will solve themselves later when one of them blows up, hopefully we get more information. It would be handy if Senan was a wolf and blew up :rolleyes:

I'll do what I already done with the others on the remaining players when I'm back. Just need a break so I can come back with fresh eyes

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    So Tom has come out and shoot someone straight away? Why the rush?
    Riona WW wrote: »
    Ah gotcha. Thanks. I would encourage me. MOON to stay his hand as he's more likely to knock off a villager, unless he has extra info.

We need the village pool to stay as big as possible for as long as possible.. Shooting randomers only helps to reduce it for the most part.

when was the vig munched?

i wonder did the wolves peek the Vig and Riona wanted the vig to wait, giving the wolves a chance to munch him?

aside from that alot of apologising and promising to catch up. There were some good contributions. Nothing massively wolf lean except the above and the vote patterns

Fuppin hell . . I was searching G&Rs posts for all the Mod announcements and thought it would be handy. Then I noticed there were a few announcements missing and saw Necros name near the top middle bracket of posters . . . :pac::pac:

• Advertisement

Just looking back through some stuff and it seems like there is a chance that SK power may change on alternating days. It would make sense to me because I thought he was under powered.

On day 1, we couldn't work out if the bomb was foiled by the defuser or if he had chosen Randall Flagg. Well Desmond (Randall) was one of the two on day 1. So it was either Nigel or the fact that the Bomb was strapped to Dessie.

Now have a look at these:
    Green&Red wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

There was a spark. There was a BIG spark.

KABOOOOOM!

Gertrude WW has had a bomb strapped to them. It may be real or fake.

Unless defused by 9pm a real bomb will explode.

Necro wrote: »
    Ol' Gertie flimped and floundered around for a solid day, stuck with the knowledge that her only hope was a chewed up Glen Bateman carcass roasting on the asphalt in the dead heat of the Colorado sun.

But wait, Glen's body began to move, twitch, russle....

Gertie's hopes raised as he russled some more.

Gertrude could hear the clock ticking down. Ever since the day began she had a feeling it would come to this. She picked up her pen and began to write. Folding the note carefully she tucked it into her shoe before walking out to wander the streets of Boulder for the last time. And then it happened.
    In the blink of an eye Gertie was gonie. As her fellow villagers surrounded what remained of her the note fluttered free. One of them picked it up and read aloud:
    Necro wrote: »
    Then a massive crow flew out from his open abdomen as Gertie's internal organs were reduced to microscopic splutters sent flying across the survivors' faces.

KABOOM

tenor.gif?itemid=9189378

On day 2, we really missed what happened and still are not sure. The carnage last night made this easy to miss. Because some of this is flavour ( I presume middle quote attached is from SK) I don't know if its SK messing with us or its actually the case.

But on the morning announcement there was a bang (Kaboom). We presumed that this was Nigel blowing up and that Gertie was safe. Now in the narrative above SK confirms that Nigel was indeed chosen for munch and Bomb.

So the question I have is:

- Did SK only have one bomb and was just taunting us ? (unlikely IMO as getting 50/50 plus a goody power against them would render their day 2 bomb potentially useless if goody alive)

- Did SK do as they said and strap Bombs to Nigel and Gertie. If so did Nigel blow up because he was munched (with fake bomb) or did he blow up because both bombs on day 2 (and maybe day 4) are active ? How did Gertie Die if Nigel had the bomb and how did Nigel blow up (flavour) if he had fake bomb?

To be honest, I couldn't work out why the SK was so apparently under powered. His bomb yesterday evened out that score. But that was not guaranteed to work, so I think an extra mechanic where the SKs Bombs will definitely work at least one day (day 2,4,6) makes sense. So while its not crystal clear, I would hazard a guess our SK may be able to kill 2 people tomorrow. If we can find more then one wolf I would imagine they will want to kill at least one of them tomorrow. So wolves, have nearly as much to lose with finding SK as us . . So SK wants to kill wolves, village wants to kill baddies and wolves should want to kill SK :pac:

Just looking back through some stuff and it seems like there is a chance that SK power may change on alternating days. It would make sense to me because I thought he was under powered.

On day 1, we couldn't work out if the bomb was foiled by the defuser or if he had chosen Randall Flagg. Well Desmond (Randall) was one of the two on day 1. So it was either Nigel or the fact that the Bomb was strapped to Dessie.

Now have a look at these:

On day 2, we really missed what happened and still are not sure. The carnage last night made this easy to miss. Because some of this is flavour ( I presume middle quote attached is from SK) I don't know if its SK messing with us or its actually the case.

But on the morning announcement there was a bang (Kaboom). We presumed that this was Nigel blowing up and that Gertie was safe. Now in the narrative above SK confirms that Nigel was indeed chosen for munch and Bomb.

So the question I have is:

- Did SK only have one bomb and was just taunting us ? (unlikely IMO as getting 50/50 plus a goody power against them would render their day 2 bomb potentially useless if goody alive)

- Did SK do as they said and strap Bombs to Nigel and Gertie. If so did Nigel blow up because he was munched (with fake bomb) or did he blow up because both bombs on day 2 (and maybe day 4) are active ? How did Gertie Die if Nigel had the bomb and how did Nigel blow up (flavour) if he had fake bomb?

To be honest, I couldn't work out why the SK was so apparently under powered. His bomb yesterday evened out that score. But that was not guaranteed to work, so I think an extra mechanic where the SKs Bombs will definitely work at least one day (day 2,4,6) makes sense. So while its not crystal clear, I would hazard a guess our SK may be able to kill 2 people tomorrow. If we can find more then one wolf I would imagine they will want to kill at least one of them tomorrow. So wolves, have nearly as much to lose with finding SK as us . . So SK wants to kill wolves, village wants to kill baddies and wolves should want to kill SK :pac:

i dont know if relevant but they can write their own flavour

Holy moly, some whopper posts in here.

I'd love to have access to the wolves' backroom to watch them squirm.

Holy moly, some whopper posts in here.

holy gironimo! who do you think are the remaining evils?

just to clarify:

Clear
    Phil - seer
    Frank - seer peeked
    Regan - tough guy

that correct?

Wendy - wolf
    Senan
    Henry
    Oisin
    Brendan
    Mary
    Riona

so out of the 6, there is 2 wolves and 1 SK and 3 NRV.

my thoughts

good: Oisin

bad: Brendan

Oisin WW wrote: »
    holy gironimo! who do you think are the remaining evils?

I've been suss about Mary, Wendy and Brendan for a little while.

Mary has been paying attention to what's going on but has contributed nothing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Good afternoon folks. I have a shít ton of catching up to do but I'm about now.

I have to say, if I was a wolf, I would have countered my claim.

• Advertisement

Ok guys, I have done this up to try and compliment Phils research. A lot of low lying posters left in the group . . But there is also 3 villagers still in there who can do some help, which is why I am posting this. . If you can find anything from this please share . .

The-Stand-WW.png

I have to say, if I was a wolf, I would have countered my claim.

Gotta be honest Riona, had you not come out as Larry, I would be looking at you very closely . . If there is somebody else who thinks they are Larry Underwood, can they come out on thread ?

Of course, unless another Larry pops up we are best village buds . . :D

Gotta be honest Riona, had you not come out as Larry, I would be looking at you very closely . . If there is somebody else who thinks they are Larry Underwood, can they come out on thread ?

Regan, not Riona . . Always get those names mixed up . . .:(

Regan, not Riona . . Always get those names mixed up . . .:(

I got confused myself earlier in the game. When I saw Riona mentioned I stopped to read haha.

I mean, there has been plenty of suspicion around me. The wolves must know they're in a tricky spot if there's three accepted villagers, two being roled, out in thread. Anyone voting for us tonight is an immediate target.

If one of them had come straight out and challenged my claim they might have convinced people to lynch me tonight. Obviously they'd be caught in the morning but would have wasted time and/or a possible peek and created more confusion.

Who knows, maybe they have a foolproof plan.

Gonna leave the plaudits for the feedback thread and the time has passed for OMGness, but that read from about 8pm last night to this afternoon was one of my best WW experiences to date.

Started off very grim but by this morning's events it's been a complete flip. Well done Phil, mwhahaha at Flagg and his blitzed den, but there's still work for us to be done here.

Other people talked about me yesterday evening and listed me for FFAs, even voted for me. That's fine as they listed some reasons. However, Oisin's behaviour in the lead-up to lynch was bizarre, even outside of his hollow crusade against myself and Derry. Pushing us as wolves up until lynch, but now that Derry has been cleared NRV, I'm lock SK to suit the vendetta.

Now that I'm back and have time, I'm going to do an ISO of Oisin's posts from yesterday evening.

I mean, there has been plenty of suspicion around me. The wolves must know they're in a tricky spot if there's three accepted villagers, two being roled, out in thread. Anyone voting for us tonight is an immediate target.

If one of them had come straight out and challenged my claim they might have convinced people to lynch me tonight. Obviously they'd be caught in the morning but would have wasted time and/or a possible peek and created more confusion.

Who knows, maybe they have a foolproof plan.

Well if we were playing devils advocate, what would work against you is the fact that you waited until after the reveal this morning before coming out as Larry. That would kind of look like a wolf making sure Larry is not killed this morning munch before claiming role. You also missed the fact that I actually suggested Larry (you!) should come out (at 10.11) before you officially came out.

Then you messed about for awhile, posted a pick of Larry at 10.42(those of us who haven't seen the stand didn't know that) and only confirmed on thread at 11.16. If there was another Larry out there, you had some scope to backtrack. The kind of overly elaborate way you came out did seem kind of strange , maybe it was just your way of having a bit of fun.

That said, I get it as I have been lynched for having the craic in the past . . . :pac:

But, since there isn't another Larry I suppose we don't really have to worry about any of that . . :D

You can see how my head can get melted in this game . .

He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated.
    Also, just from OP, looks like the SK only has one big bomb to use, so unless we cant trust the OP I think its safe to assume he used that power and it is not available anymore so we don't need to worry about a lot of people voting on one person.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reminder that there is a lynch at 9pm.

• Advertisement

Also, just from OP, looks like the SK only has one big bomb to use, so unless we cant trust the OP I think its safe to assume he used that power and it is not available anymore so we don't need to worry about a lot of people voting on one person.

He does only have 1. The whole way that went down was the way I've been suggesting in here from early on. I quoted the OP and showed how it pretty much spelled out the bloody outcome.

So I would take OP as truth in regards to the one-off aspect of the big bomb. Therefore - 'Looks like FFAs are back on the menu boys!'

Advertisement