Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Well if we were playing devils advocate, what would work against you is the fact that you waited until after the reveal this morning before coming out as Larry. That would kind of look like a wolf making sure Larry is not killed this morning munch before claiming role. You also missed the fact that I actually suggested Larry (you!) should come out (at 10.11) before you officially came out.

Then you messed about for awhile, posted a pick of Larry at 10.42(those of us who haven't seen the stand didn't know that) and only confirmed on thread at 11.16. If there was another Larry out there, you had some scope to backtrack. The kind of overly elaborate way you came out did seem kind of strange , maybe it was just your way of having a bit of fun.

That said, I get it as I have been lynched for having the craic in the past . . . :pac:

But, since there isn't another Larry I suppose we don't really have to worry about any of that . . :D

You can see how my head can get melted in this game . .

In fairness to Regan - if we are going to believe Phil coz there is no counter claim then we need to believe Regan too until there is a counter claim

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I was looking back at posts after 10am this morning. (post 964/965) I found Henry and Oisin's discussion on the seers powers a bit suspect. Up until Phil revealed information at 11.14 about the seers powers, these two were talking a lot about the seer Could be 2 wolves trying to get more information from you so they can plan their day ?

Several times Oisin said he wanted Brendan peaked. Don't mind people making suggestions but can we have a summary of information on why we should peak Brendan ?

Why did you think the Rvs had a backroom Oisin ?

That entire conversation between Henry/Oisin felt like an effort to get information, I just don't know if it was good/bad intentions.

@Phil

I am trying to get something from your notes and the work I have put together but my head is a bit fried as I am also trying to do some work in between. Maybe might take a break and come back to this later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Well if we were playing devils advocate, what would work against you is the fact that you waited until after the reveal this morning before coming out as Larry. That would kind of look like a wolf making sure Larry is not killed this morning munch before claiming role.

But why would Larry come out before munch. Coming out beforehand increases chance of being munched and only lasting at most 24 hours. Coming out after munch increases the chance of being around for at least 36 hours.

Oisin WW wrote: »
    wonder what the defuser is thinking. at least he has the backroom to confer with
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    No real reads one way or another yet. Putting a vote on Oisin for that backroom comment. Probably more dumb than wolfy but its the best I have for now.

Oisin did make a comment about RV backroom and Barbara found it notable enough to vote for him on Day 1.
    i dont see how those posts make phil the SK. vig be very careful with your shot. need to hit a wolf/SK. discuss with your backroom.
    Here's another one assuming RV have a backroom.

It's the assumption that's the issue. Was it indicated anywhere that the RV had a backroom?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Oisin did make a comment about RV backroom and Barbara found it notable enough to vote for him on Day 1.

Here's another one assuming RV have a backroom.

It's the assumption that's the issue. Was it indicated anywhere that the RV had a backroom?

RVs would generally always have a backroom but he seems to think that RVs have a shared backroom which doesn’t be the case

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

No worries Frank I just woke up from a nap. Feeling refreshed, feeling rejuvenated. Ready for this :D

I’ll have a look over your findings and continue with what I was doing earlier and we can catch up when you’re back

But why would Larry come out before munch. Coming out beforehand increases chance of being munched and only lasting at most 24 hours. Coming out after munch increases the chance of being around for at least 36 hours.

I would usually associate Rvs coming out at 9.59 like Phil did and any role claims shortly afterwards are quite often wolves attempting to claim a goody role.

Since we have auto priest this has been happening less recently. I am not saying you are lieing BTW. I have been duped before by wolves who managed to infiltrate our village, so its no reflection of you, more I have been part of villages badly burned by lock clearing somebody who looks clear (but isn't technically fully cleared). I think of it more that I am open to all possibilities until the game is over.....

Nobody else has claimed the role so we don't have anything to worry about. I can think of reasons why it would be bad for a wolf to claim the role. I am just explaining why I would be cautious if somebody else did claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I would usually associate Rvs coming out at 9.59 like Phil did and any role claims shortly afterwards are quite often wolves attempting to claim a goody role.

Since we have auto priest this has been happening less recently. I am not saying you are lieing BTW. I have been duped before by wolves who managed to infiltrate our village, so its no reflection of you, more I have been part of villages badly burned by lock clearing somebody who looks clear (but isn't technically fully cleared). I think of it more that I am open to all possibilities until the game is over.....

Nobody else has claimed the role so we don't have anything to worry about. I can think of reasons why it would be bad for a wolf to claim the role. I am just explaining why I would be cautious if somebody else did claim.

If there are legit Tom's and Larry's hiding and allowing these claims to role on scot free, they've done more damage to the village than even the TCM.

That said, I can't see anyone standing by for this long and allowing imposters to coast and lead the village like this, unless they were completely incapable of coming out, which none of the bad roles seem to imply is possible.

I think we've got to take you phil and regan as village core and work from there.

No point worrying about what if, because if there is a case where that happens, there's no possible way for us to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I was looking back at posts after 10am this morning. (post 964/965) I found Henry and Oisin's discussion on the seers powers a bit suspect. Up until Phil revealed information at 11.14 about the seers powers, these two were talking a lot about the seer Could be 2 wolves trying to get more information from you so they can plan their day ?

Several times Oisin said he wanted Brendan peaked. Don't mind people making suggestions but can we have a summary of information on why we should peak Brendan ?

That entire conversation between Henry/Oisin felt like an effort to get information, I just don't know if it was good/bad intentions.

@Phil

I am trying to get something from your notes and the work I have put together but my head is a bit fried as I am also trying to do some work in between. Maybe might take a break and come back to this later.

cos they always do (i think). maybe i'm thinking of bad teams

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

@Phil

i just think he's bad

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

sorry guys again. yos = oisin

I get the what ifs with Regan and probably because I’d be thinking of the same game where we cleared a villager who turned out not to be a villager :o

But if there was a real RV hiding out there it would be madness. Before I shot Desmond I knew there was a possibility that you could have been Flagg but I also knew if I didn’t have a little faith I’d keep going around in circles and I was right so that’s how I’m feeling now with Regan even though I had her pegged in my mind as a lock wolf before her reveal, sorry Regan :pac:

Just need to weed out the rest of the bad guys now.

I’d probably be looking to lynch Mary if I’m honest but there’s still more to be looked into just having a coffee and pulling the rest of my reads together so everything can be looked over together

my money is on brendan being the SK. thats where i would use the peek

Conspiracy theory . The above is correct because Oisin is Barry Dorgan who peaked SK…….

Anyways , Looking at tonight's lynch, my suggestion is that we try and pin down a target before 8.30 so there is no mad dash at the end. If there is nobody obvious by that time we pick a target and everybody votes the same so at least the village is deciding a target.

There are 3 wolves who could theoretically block vote for a confirmed goody, so if anybody accidentally voted with them or we didn't have a strong target, this lynch could be a disaster.

I am going to try and take a break away for awhile cause my head is foggy and a step away might help . .

Conspiracy theory . The above is correct because Oisin is Barry Dorgan who peaked SK…….

Anyways , Looking at tonight's lynch, my suggestion is that we try and pin down a target before 8.30 so there is no mad dash at the end. If there is nobody obvious by that time we pick a target and everybody votes the same so at least the village is deciding a target.

There are 3 wolves who could theoretically block vote for a confirmed goody, so if anybody accidentally voted with them or we didn't have a strong target, this lynch could be a disaster.

I am going to try and take a break away for awhile cause my head is foggy and a step away might help . .

Yeah definitely take a break, my brain went to mush earlier but have a much clearer head now.

Four wolves really with their extra vote. My only worry would be them targeting me in a mad rush but it would be a terrible plan because they’d be out in the open. That’s just the paranoia of werewolf thinking that though

Ok guys, I have done this up to try and compliment Phils research. A lot of low lying posters left in the group . . But there is also 3 villagers still in there who can do some help, which is why I am posting this. . If you can find anything from this please share . .

The-Stand-WW.png

make wendy red

it is plausible. but i'm a NRV

Mary WW wrote: »
    Evening everyone, a few glitches but got here in the end.
    May have been just random like Wini said and it was early. Only 6 pages in but quite a lot to digest imo.
    It has to be that doesn't it? Last night was a tad confusing but that makes sense at least.
    My reading of it is that Emily made a slight mistake in saying she hadn't read page 1, it all snowballed from there.
    I'm ashamed to say that I read the book and really enjoyed it but can't remember the character :(
    There's not much happening here at the minute and work has to be done. Slowly getting my head round the workings in here but it's headwrecking by times.
    I've just caught up as best as I can. Just voted there too.
    God I knew I hadn't been around much but 7 posts is poor. Sorry about that but being on the clock for work and trying to get into this properly while there's so much going is proving tough.
    Morning. I hope Clodagh is alright.

It's quieter than I expected in here this morning after last nights carnage. Hopefully I won't be as busy today so will be able to pop in and out on a more regular basis.
    My two votes so far are both still here and well. No offence meant I just went on what I could glean from what I'd read. I'm clearly not reading too well.
    I don't get you Regan?
    Ah I get you now, excuse the lack of insight. I voted Henry purely randomly. Patrick because of all the initial gifs blurb and then dwindling to virtually nothing. If I'm going to be taken to task for my phrasing then that's my bad I suppose.
    Helluva shot yay!!

here's all mary's post. busy IRL? bored NRV? wolf/SK lying low? who knows?

no lean either way

Oisin
    - Questions Rionas vibe on Senan
    - Thought Steve was munched over “great and powerful” post
    - Wonders why Steve was hard on Frank
    - Wonders what defuser is thinking. Mentions backroom
    - Guesses one of Eva or Gertrude is bad based on reads lists
    - Thinks Patricks gifs are a joke and Winifred suspicious for using this as lynch reason
    - Agrees it’s normal to do reads list, says we’ll wait and see
    - Asks why Regan voted for Desmond
    - Talks about one off bomb killing everyone who voted for them
    - Responds to Derry about Eva throwing shade saying shade is good
    - Again says if one of Eva and Gertrude are bad the other is too
    - Thinks wolves would have spread their votes Day 1
    - Asks about 2 bombs in 2 days
    - Wonders why Gertrude said SK wanted her dead
    - Doubts whether bomber knows who has the real/fake bomb
    - Responds to Derry explaining mechanics saying the above can be ignored
    - Doesn’t remember vote time
    - Asks what Derry done and says struggles with anon accounts
    - Suggests one of Des/Regan to be SK or Glen defused both bombs
    - Says “hey Brendan old buddy old pal, what up” at 7:00pm last night
    - No idea who to vote for
    - Questions Brendan asking about him and Derry
    - Explains to Brendan his post was a joke about him being poketed
    - Wouldn’t be surprised if Derry and Brendan are wolf team
    - Says he wants to know peoples reasons for doing things and says he hasn’t been paying attention
    - Thinks Brendan and Derry are wolves
    - FFAs Brendan and Derry - Votes for Orla
    - Thinks people voting singularly twice in a row are wolves
    - Question whether Desmonds posts prove I’m SK and says if I’m RV I could have been peaked by wolves
    - Thinks Brendan is SK
    - Asks questions about if seer died would their info be lost in BR
    - Happy with Phil/Frank village core
    - Wants Brendan peaked
    - Uses posts to Desmond as proof he is cleared
    - Wonders if wolves peaked vig and Riona asked to hold shot so they could munch him

Day 1 votes for Henry
    Day 2 voted for Orla a confirmed villager
    Voted for by Senan, Gertrude and Oision

*Okay so this one is really long but a couple of things stand out. First on voting, day 1 Oision had Eva and Gertrude pegged as wolves but voted for Henry. On day 2 he FFAs Brendan and Derry but then votes for Orla. Why did you vote against two people you hadn’t previously mentioned when you had four people you thought were wolves? Asked a good few questions about my role claim and alluded to the real seer potentially being dead. Not sure whether this is trying to put doubt on me and see does anyone else pick up on it? Then when it doesn’t it’s dropped. Could just want to get more information before deciding but my role claim was pretty solid. Asks for Brendan to be peeked by seer, I wonder as Frank said is this because the wolves are trying to set Brendan up to appear bad. A lot of people asking for others to be peaked now I think of it and was used by wolves in game.

no lean either way

I'd nearly lynch her just for that tbh. absolutely zero engagement there like ffs.

just 1 thing phil, and i'll address the rest. i voted brendan last night, and eva night 1

• Advertisement

@ phil: Voted for by Senan, Gertrude and Oision:

they were the people who voted for brendan

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Here is an account from when Oisin returned to the thread from 7pm yesterday evening onward. Too long of a read for some, but that's the game and I know a few of you will actually read this...

Oisin wrote:

so regarding yesterdays bombs. its no biggie, one of them was defused. the other was a dud. just no announcement to that effect.
    ^In reply to Gertrude musing about TCM's bombs. Oisin moves onto me from here while I'm replying to Regan...

Oisin wrote:

Brendan wrote:

Given the Katie situation seems to be a genuine case of just being busy, I'll put them to one side for the time being.

I'll be voting elsewhere tonight.

Indeed, but that was quite the pocketing attempt on Eva the emerging village leader earlier now that I see it. Maybe old Katie could have simply been a villager who was under-pressure IRL, but Katie should still be watched IMO in case there were genuine reasons to try to pocket someone who is emerging as an apparent village leader.

Welcome aboard new Katie btw, and sorry your new skin has some unanswered questions which have nothing to do with you.

hey brendan, old buddy ole pal. what up?
    ^Strange interjection from Oisin, who I initially thought was prompting me here to reply to something he asked me earlier in the day. ("What about Derry?") Something I had already replied to but he had not acknowledged. On another note - it turns out that there were genuine reasons for Katie (wolf) to attempt to pocket Eva. Pocketing happens.

fair play. i have no clue who to vote for.
    ^In reply to Derry. Oisin admitting here that he came into the thread late on with no clue who to vote for.

“It's like the old pie-in-the-face routine: it stops being funny when it starts being you.”
    ^Just a random quote, at a time when other posters are putting in some grit and trying to organise a lynch.

I now see and reply to Oisin's "Hey ol buddy Brendan", and here is the interaction which follows...
    Brendan WW wrote: »
    Exactly old buddy Oisin, I'm still waiting on a response from you unless I missed it.
    whats the question?
    The post/question is there for you to see, I only wrote it an hour ago.

I knew you weren't paying attention during that discussion with me, Wini and Derry earlier once you asked 'What did Derry do?'. Now you're not paying attention again when you miss that large post of mine which starts with a quote from you. Yet you're apparently taunting me now for some reason with 'Hey ol buddie'.
    not taunting. you said something about being pocketed and i decided to have some fun with it. i actually had that quote posted ready to reply to but it was such a long post (not my reply). i will go back and revisit now
    ^Ok fair enough, I initially misread the intention of Oisin's earlier prompt of me and he says he will get back to replying to my earlier post, but he admits here he is just having a bit of fun, at a time when the village badly needs to be getting its shít in gear.

I notice Oisin's "Fair play, I've no clue who to vote for" post to Derry...

You and Derry again.

I'm clearly missing something about this relationship.
    what about me and derry?

It's then Oisin posts the following, suddenly flips from Derry his friend to Derry the wolf and Brendan being in a den together...

i wouldn't be surprised if yourself and derry are wolves and you are trying to distance yourself from him by trying to paint me and derry as a potential team mates
    ^Well, as we can see now post-mortem Derry was not a wolf so we were not distancing from each-other, at all.

i'm not. i just want to know people's reasons for doing stuff.

and yeah, sorry in general for not paying much attention. i genuinely find it hard to follow anon games
    ^This is the reply to me asking why Oisin spoke up for Derry earlier in the day. Finally, this was the reply I was looking for quite a few posts ago. Before we went down this rabbithole.

A couple more cheap shots at me while I'm out, and Derry too, sure why not...
    i think brendan and derry are wolves
    brendan with a lovely disappearing act

Phil in response to Riona saying why she hasn't been as active as she'd like to be, with Orla and Oisin's interjections...
    Phil WW wrote: »
    That's fair Riona, WW and work can be an absolute head melt sometimes. Not that I'm saying that clears you on that alone but I'm empathetic to your circumstances
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Lovely pockety action there though
    hey orla

Next post from Oisin is another completely hollow Brendan/Derry shot after a poster asks should we do FFAs...

brendan
    derry
    TBD

Orla replies to Oisin's 'Hey Orla', and again Oisin isn't in game mode, didn't want to ask Orla a game-related question, just shooting the breeze...
    Orla WW wrote: »
    Hey Oisin how ya doing?
    so so. i want to go to the pub frown.png

Phil responds to Orla, Oisin goes into 'colour commentator with large pockets' mode...
    Phil WW wrote: »
    Lovely shading there Orla.. My empathising with another players RL circumstances hold no bearing in the game and I clearly stated it didn't clear her but nice try. Have you anything else to add or would you like me to grab your invisibility cloak for you?
    nice call out.

Poor Derry finally confronts Oisin about Oisin's fluff...
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Hey I thought we were building a friendship here!
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Why me?
    i did too derry, until brendan got involved

Oisin finally looks elsewhere when Eva's post is raised by Wendy...
    you know the post number?

I get back to the thread to see Oisin's posts about my 'disappearing act' and his other hollow shots...
    Sorry for not being glued to the screen and having other shít to do. I forgot that you have been here yourself every minute since the game started.

You seem a bit obsessed with me at this stage given how much you've mentioned me since I last checked in. You went back and read my reply to you and it seems to have struck a nerve, so much so that now coming up to lynch you are desperately pushing me as a wolf while I'm absent.

So you weren't taunting me, just trying to have a little fun and say hello because pocketing was mentioned. Excellent contribution there Oisin.
    ^This is my last post at around 8pm before I say "I have to leave (if it's ok with Oisin)", he thanks this. Another sign that while all along the likes of Eva and Gertrude are putting in genuine work coming up to lynch, Oisin is in quite a playful mood through all this.

Eva explains her 'slip' to Oisin, and reiterates that she has already explained this (another example of Oisin not really reading the thread)...
    i actually agree with you. i can see how this happens

#pocketing

Oisin agrees with Eva and can see how it happens, but still needs more...
    can you link the post so i can get the full context please? or someone else

When Wendy says there's 45 minutes to go and should we do FFAs...
    hard to know. if there's a wagon/consensus then SK will strike.

what do you think the outcome of that bomb is?

^Wow, this is standing out to me now given what actually went down less than an hour later at 9pm. Some of us had previously discussed in thread the possibility of TCM being able to place the big-bomb at any time of day phase rather than by a 10am deadline, but Oisin seems sure here.

Back to Eva and her post...
    this is a tough one in fairness.

eva, why would you delete that part if no one brought it up?

And that is Oisin's last post before lynch, after some heavy activity and posting of mostly nothing. At 8:33pm he exits the gamethred. Yeah, he may have been trying to be investigative with Eva in the above interactions, or...he may have been trying to bring sticking points about Eva back to the forefront of discussion and attention in the run up to lynch. A lynch Eva didn't survive, and in turn obliterated the village.

***9pm passes***

In the aftermath of that carnage, Oisin is OMG fairly quickly despite disappearing 40 minutes before...
    eek.pngeek.png

The moment he sees the lynch voting results, instantly he tries to spin a definitive narrative in the thread in saying 'no doubt'...
    wolves spreading their votes no doubt again
    that's gotta be the only multikill in WW to date. i'm sure the SK is laughing. i actually did chuckle
    ^This stands out to me. If Oisin is SK, would be very cheeky.

Back to pushing another line about the lynch votes, but never goes into detail, much like all of these posts...
    sweet as a nut frown.png

I'm guessing people who voted singly 2 nights in a row are wolves

After this Oisin does get into the game for the rest of the night, and you can take a look and judge for yourself there. But I will mention this post...
    may as well post the lot

(Clodagh's posts)
    ^You may as well do that Oisin, just in case someone missed it when I did it the first time and surmised that she was unlikely to be wolf or SK. Oh...that was another thing you missed I guess.

Summation...

In all of the accusations against me and even Derry, Oisin hasn't gone back and looked at any posts, quoted anything outside of my live responses to him, never did one bit of investigating into me. That's why I said that I don't mind being voted for and investigated earlier, but Oisin only did one of those things.

I'm not taking it personally though, as it appears Oisin came into the thread yesterday evening just needing something, anything and anyone to hang a vote on for the evening. The fact that I antagonised him was the sum of my crimes. Once the lynch went by and Oisin survived unscathed, he actually spent the rest of the night making inquisitive posts, and never mentioned me again. However it drew my attention to him and I think it was worth it. With fresh eyes, I can see some plotting and string pulling in the above from Oisin.

Oisin's actions above are that of a non-villager IMO. I'm actually leaning towards SK looking at yesterday evening's activity. If so, touché at your string pulling in setting up that madness.

it is plausible. but i'm a NRV

Bit of an odd comment. What else are you gonna be other than NRV?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

2 Hours to the lynch peeps.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

no lean either way

Hi Oisin, you must be wore out collating all those posts of mine :)

Actually really busy with wfh and trying to stop two teenagers from sniping at each other all the time. First time player too, struggling to get to grips with the game and admittedly there hasn't been much substance to what I've posted. Plenty of heat on me too unfortunately from what I can see. Looks to me like you're trying to push me in front of the big guys and slide. I'm sure they've grouped all my posts already, nice of you to publish it again though.

Senan
    - Says if looking for lynch target it would be Eva looking for people on day 1
    - Talks bout SK mechanics
    - Says wolves must have wanted Emily dead with extra vote so to look at these voters
    - Not comfortable with not bomb defuser announcement on thread and says we’d only know if defuser came out on thread explaining
    - Calls out Gertrude for talking about mechanics
    - ISOs Jake and leans wolf
    - Suspects Nigel gave himself away with two posts
    - Thinks Eva made genuine mistake
    - Calls out Brendan for being wolfy
    - Thinks wolves voted singularly
    - Thinks wolves will be looking for SK to gain parity
    - Asks should Wendy be left alive or catch a wolf kill a wolf
    - Been burned by wolves in the past, doesn’t know whether to leave Wendy alive with three power wolves including Nadine in play

*Something that I’m noticing there’s a lot of repetition on is people saying Eva made a mistake last night, I wonder could it be wolves knowing village was going to kill her and wanted to be able to turn it around on whoever voted for her later not knowing they’d all die. Also it being said that wolves voted singularly. It does look that way but I wonder could there be one of two hiding in the smaller wagons? Could he want Wendy lynched to waste a lynch on another potential wolf? I’m not sure about Senan but he could be blown up come 9:00pm so I’m willing to leave him for the time being

Day 1 votes Frank a confirmed villager
    Riona votes Senan
    Day 2 votes Brendan

Does anyone have a list of reasonable votes for tonight handy?

Myself
    Henry
    Mary
    Oisin
    Brendan

Who am I missing?

just 1 thing phil, and i'll address the rest. i voted brendan last night, and eva night 1

Ahh apologies I think I must have had Brendans votes below your name and not realised. Damn that changes things as I based my summary off the lynch results so consider that portion invalid

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

no lean either way

Whatever about Mary who is still an unknown, this is the kind of post of yours which concerns me. Make it like you're doing some work, but it's just a bunch of loose questions with no conclusions or commitments.

Go and quote my posts and make some conclusions, I mean you already have me as wolf,SK who knows by now, so actually quote some of my posts and make your case. Quote anyone's posts apart from the low hanging fruit in the post count and make your case.

I have my vote in for you Oisin, and I'm sure that's good enough for you to put yours on me.

• Advertisement

Here is an account from when Oisin returned to the thread from 7pm yesterday evening onward. Too long of a read for some, but that's the game and I know a few of you will actually read this...

^In reply to Gertrude musing about TCM's bombs. Oisin moves onto me from here while I'm replying to Regan...

^Strange interjection from Oisin, who I initially thought was prompting me here to reply to something he asked me earlier in the day. ("What about Derry?") Something I had already replied to but he had not acknowledged. On another note - it turns out that there were genuine reasons for Katie (wolf) to attempt to pocket Eva. Pocketing happens.

^In reply to Derry. Oisin admitting here that he came into the thread late on with no clue who to vote for.

^Just a random quote, at a time when other posters are putting in some grit and trying to organise a lynch.

people at the time were posting quotes from that movie

I now see and reply to Oisin's "Hey ol buddy Brendan", and here is the interaction which follows...

^Ok fair enough, I initially misread the intention of Oisin's earlier prompt of me and he says he will get back to replying to my earlier post, but he admits here he is just having a bit of fun, at a time when the village badly needs to be getting its shít in gear.

I notice Oisin's "Fair play, I've no clue who to vote for" post to Derry...

It's then Oisin posts the following, suddenly flips from Derry his friend to Derry the wolf and Brendan being in a den together...

^Well, as we can see now post-mortem Derry was not a wolf so we were not distancing from each-other, at all.

^This is the reply to me asking why Oisin spoke up for Derry earlier in the day. Finally, this was the reply I was looking for quite a few posts ago. Before we went down this rabbithole.

A couple more cheap shots at me while I'm out, and Derry too, sure why not...

Phil in response to Riona saying why she hasn't been as active as she'd like to be, with Orla and Oisin's interjections...

Next post from Oisin is another completely hollow Brendan/Derry shot after a poster asks should we do FFAs...

that was my FFA

Orla replies to Oisin's 'Hey Orla', and again Oisin isn't in game mode, didn't want to ask Orla a game-related question, just shooting the breeze...

Phil responds to Orla, Oisin goes into 'colour commentator with large pockets' mode...

Poor Derry finally confronts Oisin about Oisin's fluff...

Oisin finally looks elsewhere when Eva's post is raised by Wendy...

I get back to the thread to see Oisin's posts about my 'disappearing act' and his other hollow shots...

^This is my last post at around 8pm before I say "I have to leave (if it's ok with Oisin)", he thanks this. Another sign that while all along the likes of Eva and Gertrude are putting in genuine work coming up to lynch, Oisin is in quite a playful mood through all this.

Eva explains her 'slip' to Oisin, and reiterates that she has already explained this (another example of Oisin not really reading the thread)...

Oisin agrees with Eva and can see how it happens, but still needs more...

When Wendy says there's 45 minutes to go and should we do FFAs...

^Wow, this is standing out to me now given what actually went down less than an hour later at 9pm. Some of us had previously discussed in thread the possibility of TCM being able to place the big-bomb at any time of day phase rather than by a 10am deadline, but Oisin seems sure here.

it was completely evident what was going to happen. just want sure if it would be 100% of the voters, or less

Back to Eva and her post...

And that is Oisin's last post before lynch, after some heavy activity and posting of mostly nothing. At 8:33pm he exits the gamethred. Yeah, he may have been trying to be investigative with Eva in the above interactions, or...he may have been trying to bring sticking points about Eva back to the forefront of discussion and attention in the run up to lynch. A lynch Eva didn't survive, and in turn obliterated the village.

***9pm passes***

In the aftermath of that carnage, Oisin is OMG fairly quickly despite disappearing 40 minutes before...

The moment he sees the lynch voting results, instantly he tries to spin a definitive narrative in the thread in saying 'no doubt'...

^This stands out to me. If Oisin is SK, would be very cheeky.

Back to pushing another line about the lynch votes, but never goes into detail, much like all of these posts...

After this Oisin does get into the game for the rest of the night, and you can take a look and judge for yourself there. But I will mention this post...

^You may as well do that Oisin, just in case someone missed it when I did it the first time and surmised that she was unlikely to be wolf or SK. Oh...that was another thing you missed I guess.

Summation...

In all of the accusations against me and even Derry, Oisin hasn't gone back and looked at any posts, quoted anything outside of my live responses to him, never did one bit of investigating into me. That's why I said that I don't mind being voted for and investigated earlier, but Oisin only did one of those things.

I'm not taking it personally though, as it appears Oisin came into the thread yesterday evening just needing something, anything and anyone to hang a vote on for the evening. The fact that I antagonised him was the sum of my crimes. Once the lynch went by and Oisin survived unscathed, he actually spent the rest of the night making inquisitive posts, and never mentioned me again. However it drew my attention to him and I think it was worth it. With fresh eyes, I can see some plotting and string pulling in the above from Oisin.

Oisin's actions above are that of a non-villager IMO. I'm actually leaning towards SK looking at yesterday evening's activity. If so, touché at your string pulling in setting up that madness.

decent analysis. you left out the most important bit though.

why i thought yourself and derry were on a team

Advertisement