Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

that's annoying to do cos you're quoted posts dont show up when i quote you

Regan WW wrote: »
    Bit of an odd comment. What else are you gonna be other than NRV?

a wolf or a SK

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

That's actually a pretty decent post by Brendan

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Indeed, but that was quite the pocketing attempt on Eva the emerging village leader earlier now that I see it. Maybe old Katie could have simply been a villager who was under-pressure IRL, but Katie should still be watched IMO in case there were genuine reasons to try to pocket someone who is emerging as an apparent village leader.

Welcome aboard new Katie btw, and sorry your new skin has some unanswered questions which have nothing to do with you.
    Oisin WW wrote: »
    hey brendan, old buddy ole pal. what up?
    Derry WW wrote: »
    I just voted
    fair play. i have no clue who to vote for.
    Exactly old buddy Oisin, I'm still waiting on a response from you unless I missed it.
    whats the question?
    You and Derry again.

I'm clearly missing something about this relationship.
    what about me and derry?
    The post/question is there for you to see, I only wrote it an hour ago.

I knew you weren't paying attention during that discussion with me, Wini and Derry earlier once you asked 'What did Derry do?'. Now you're not paying attention again when you miss that large post of mine which starts with a quote from you. Yet you're apparently taunting me now for some reason with 'Hey ol buddie'.
    not taunting. you said something about being pocketed and i decided to have some fun with it. i actually had that quote posted ready to reply to but it was such a long post (not my reply). i will go back and revisit now
    i wouldn't be surprised if yourself and derry are wolves and you are trying to distance yourself from him by trying to paint me and derry as a potential team mates

thats why i thought yourself and derry were on the same team. 1 post pretty much bolded above. you left that out of your analysis

anyway, your summary...

Summation...

In all of the accusations against me and even Derry, Oisin hasn't gone back and looked at any posts, quoted anything outside of my live responses to him, never did one bit of investigating into me. That's why I said that I don't mind being voted for and investigated earlier, but Oisin only did one of those things.

I'm not taking it personally though, as it appears Oisin came into the thread yesterday evening just needing something, anything and anyone to hang a vote on for the evening. The fact that I antagonised him was the sum of my crimes. Once the lynch went by and Oisin survived unscathed, he actually spent the rest of the night making inquisitive posts, and never mentioned me again. However it drew my attention to him and I think it was worth it. With fresh eyes, I can see some plotting and string pulling in the above from Oisin.

Oisin's actions above are that of a non-villager IMO. I'm actually leaning towards SK looking at yesterday evening's activity. If so, touché at your string pulling in setting up that madness.

i was in last night trying shake a few trees and i had no clue who to vote for. it was your own response to that that made me think you and derry were teamed up.

specifically now, what string pulling and plotting?

why SK, rather than wolf?

• Advertisement

Are we happy to assume there won’t be another bomb with tonight’s lynch?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Are we happy to assume there won’t be another bomb with tonight’s lynch?

1 time power

Oh excellent, just wanted to make sure there wouldn’t be any surprises

Oh excellent, just wanted to make sure there wouldn’t be any surprises

He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated.

its right there in the OP. how did you miss that?

I've read over Brendans and Rionas posts and will do a full read on them when we decide who to lynch.

Just these two posts from Riona stood out.

Another person claiming it wasn't enough for Eva to be lynched. This is pretty much what I said also but there's such a recurring theme here of how many times it was said I do really wonder were the wolves trying to wash their hands of the Eva wagon.
    Riona WW wrote: »
    For me, it's not enough to lynch eva. It could be a slip, but the reaction and explanation makes sense to me. I can see why some would be stuck on it after catching it, but from reading back and seeing the hype over it, I don't think I agree.

FFA
    Brendan - the flippy floppy with the whole henry situation
    Babs - just jumps on the eva thing, seems like an easy way to hide in a clear crowd
    Senan - again, this is just gut, so sorry senan, but your posts just aren't sitting right with me.

Any update on this Riona or even thoughts on what I've posted in relation to this? You have posted since but no findings
    Riona WW wrote: »
    I'm gonna try read back over confirmed baddies and Wendy in the next few hours between meetings.

Hopefully something stands out

• Advertisement

I've already made a mistake reading the OP, I never remember it saying that and wanted to be 100% so we didn't run into any sort of disaster
    He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated.

its right there in the OP. how did you miss that?

I've already made a mistake reading the OP, I never remember it saying that and wanted to be 100% so we didn't run into any sort of disaster

ah my bad. i forgot you were you :P

Ahh apologies I think I must have had Brendans votes below your name and not realised. Damn that changes things as I based my summary off the lynch results so consider that portion invalid

you wanna revise your summary?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

I've read over Brendans and Rionas posts and will do a full read on them when we decide who to lynch.

Just these two posts from Riona stood out.

Another person claiming it wasn't enough for Eva to be lynched. This is pretty much what I said also but there's such a recurring theme here of how many times it was said I do really wonder were the wolves trying to wash their hands of the Eva wagon.

Any update on this Riona or even thoughts on what I've posted in relation to this? You have posted since but no findings

I missed the Eva 'slip' live and only came online later when there were people ranting and raving about it. When I eventually found out what it was, I read her whole post and the responses. I thought it was very legitimately a personal note in her own notes. Something which I often do too.

Plus the fact that her rebuttle and reaction to everyone calling her out seemed very genuine to me.

I tried to push the not declaring votes thing subtly, you'll notice 2 people asked me why i said it was dangerous and i ignored it, because i didn't want to come straight out and say it in case there were wolves who weren't paying attention to that.

I haven't had any time today to go back over stuff i'm afraid. Just far too busy, though I have read all of the analysis you, frank and oisin have posted. If anything, it's making me less suss of brendan and more of oisin.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Oisin has upped their post count considerably. A desperate wolf/SK or a lost villager?

I have to say I'm leaning desperate at the moment.

Looking back over your posts from today Frank. Agree on Oisin potentially being a wolf. Asking for the seer peek on Brendan. It was used by Desmond for me and on Eva at some point which makes me think the wolves were trying to set people up

Clear
    Phil
    Frank
    Regan

Bomb
    Senan (Possible evil)
    Wendy (Evil)

Remaining

Henry (No read)
    Oisin (Possible evil)
    Brendan (Possible village)
    Mary (No read)
    Riona (Possible evil)

So these are my thoughts so far. I have to say if Mary or Henry turn out to be roled baddies and win as a result of this it's going to be completely unfair when you can't get any sort of read from them.

I have too many possible evils too so I think we should lynch into one of those. I'll peek another and then we shoot someone else. All depending on who we flip on lynch and peek results

you wanna revise your summary?

Day 1 votes for Eva
    Voted for by Barbara confirmer villager
    Day 2 voted for Brendan

Asked a good few questions about my role claim and alluded to the real seer potentially being dead. Not sure whether this is trying to put doubt on me and see does anyone else pick up on it? Then when it doesn’t it’s dropped. Could just want to get more information before deciding but my role claim was pretty solid. Asks for Brendan to be peeked by seer, I wonder as Frank said is this because the wolves are trying to set Brendan up to appear bad. A lot of people asking for others to be peaked now I think of it and was used by wolves in game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

i was in last night trying shake a few trees and i had no clue who to vote for. it was your own response to that that made me think you and derry were teamed up.

specifically now, what string pulling and plotting?

why SK, rather than wolf?

It's all there in that absolute unit of a post of mine, Oisin. As is the stuff with Derry.

I think it's clear where I am and there's no need to clog the thread further, or for the village to tunnel on this for the evening. There are still multiple unknown bads to find.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Just over an hour to the lynch.

Oisin why would you ask for Brendan to be peeked knowing that peeks can be manipulated?

• Advertisement

Regan WW wrote: »
    Oisin has upped their post count considerably. A desperate wolf/SK or a lost villager?

I have to say I'm leaning desperate at the moment.

really? id say i've a similar amount this evening as last evening.

lean whichever way you feel will lead the village to victory

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Sorry all, I never realised it would actually be harder to play this game when working from home :(

Reasonably caught up but is there a consensus for lynch. I have a Wendy vote in at present but if someone has a strong case for changing I’ll listen

It's all there in that absolute unit of a post of mine, Oisin. As is the stuff with Derry.

I think it's clear where I am and there's no need to clog the thread further, or for the village to tunnel on this for the evening. There are still multiple unknown bads to find.

i mean concisely what was the string pulling. it should be easy given all the research you did.

Oisin why would you ask for Brendan to be peeked knowing that peeks can be manipulated?

cos i think he's bad.

they can be but you gotta role the dice and play the odds

Day 1 votes for Eva
    Voted for by Barbara confirmer villager
    Day 2 voted for Brendan

Asked a good few questions about my role claim and alluded to the real seer potentially being dead. Not sure whether this is trying to put doubt on me and see does anyone else pick up on it? Then when it doesn’t it’s dropped. Could just want to get more information before deciding but my role claim was pretty solid. Asks for Brendan to be peeked by seer, I wonder as Frank said is this because the wolves are trying to set Brendan up to appear bad. A lot of people asking for others to be peaked now I think of it and was used by wolves in game.

it was questioning a role claim. as i have no info but for what people post iu have to question it.

its gets dropped when no counter claim

it was solid. still have to wait to see if counter claim though.

cos i think he;s bad

Looking back over your posts from today Frank. Agree on Oisin potentially being a wolf. Asking for the seer peek on Brendan. It was used by Desmond for me and on Eva at some point which makes me think the wolves were trying to set people up

Bomb
    Senan (Possible evil)
    Wendy (Evil)

Remaining

Henry (No read)
    Oisin (Possible evil)
    Brendan (Possible village)
    Mary (No read)
    Riona (Possible evil)

s

Honestly I think I'm more worried about Henry and Mary. The floating by without any real engagement is scary enough, but when multiple people are saying they've no read on more than one person that's dodgy AF.

Very easy to squeeze through the first couple of days staying under the radar when there are so many players, but at this stage, it's ridiculous if they are village. I'll probably vote there, with Oisin as a third FFA member.

Though I'm also praying that senan blows up and my gut was right

Ok, vote gone in. if there is serious consensus, i'm happy to change to either Henry or Oisin

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ok Phil/Regan, getting close to that time. Honestly , I could pick a few people to vote on. My gut has been thinking Oisin and to a lesser degree Henry. But to be fair my heads still a bit melted from earlier.

What Do we think? I reckon we pick a target and then ask everybody to post who they vote for and to confirm when they voted. Need everybody to confirm because some wolves may confirm and they may try to swing a vote.

Brendan
    - Defends Isla on not making friends comment
    - Pokes holes in Eva quoting being a task
    - Points out TCM lynch bomb and states anyone on a wagon will be blown up
    - Thinks senseless giffing on day 1 isn’t a great look
    - Keeps vote to himself to not give information to wolves or TCM
    - Moved off Patrick as was suggested he was vig on a task, moved to Henry as he posted about not posting close to lynch then disappeared again
    - Says a lot of attention will go to Emily voters but we shouldn’t get to blinkered by this
    - States that information should be kept from wolves to prevent vote manipulation but if it won’t have too much of an effect on us so early then agrees FFAs would be a good way to go
    - Questions Senan on claiming Jake was on Emily and provides proof he wasn’t
    - Questions Orla, Clodagh and Derry on low posting
    - Doubts whether Clodagh as a wolf or SK would lay so low
    - Questions the amount of newbiness claims compared to the sign up list
    - Suspects Derry to be one of these newbs laying low and clears Clodagh on own notes
    - Questions Oisin on speaking up for Derry
    - Says we’ve moved on from Patrick gifs previous day to Orla and raises suspicions with her
    - Says Katie tried to pocket Eva but agrees with new Katie she should be left for now but not forgotten about
    - Asks for response by Oisin
    - Says Oisin is taunting him with “buddly old pal”
    - Questions Oisins suspicions of him going from Derry/Brendan wolf team to Brendan lock SK after Derry flipped NRV
    - Does a good post analysis of Oisin, calls him out for not contributing and puts in vote

Day 1 votes Henry
    Day 2 votes Orla a confirmed villager
    Senan, Gertrude and Oisin vote Brendan

*I have to say reading through Brendans posts I’m not getting a particularly wolfy or SK vibe from him. He repeatedly dispelled peoples theories shading those who we know now are confimed villagers. Would either baddie repeatedly do this? There needs to be some ground work in to make those you know are innocent suspicious whether you’re wolf or SK. I like the contents of his posts too, they seem well structured and coherent

• Advertisement

Frank WW wrote: »
    Ok Phil/Regan, getting close to that time. Honestly , I could pick a few people to vote on. My gut has been thinking Oisin and to a lesser degree Henry. But to be fair my heads still a bit melted from earlier.

What Do we think? I reckon we pick a target and then ask everybody to post who they vote for and to confirm when they voted. Need everybody to confirm because some wolves may confirm and they may try to swing a vote.

I think we should vote for Oisin

Advertisement