Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

If we don't win this guys, i'm gonna be so disappointed in you. really. it's ours for the taking!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

I know I am good so that leaves Senan and Brendan - out of those two I would be leaning towards Brendan being the last wolf

Henry WW wrote: »
    I know I am good so that leaves Senan and Brendan - out of those two I would be leaning towards Brendan being the last wolf

Of course you would you big wolf

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Yeah it's us three and I'm in the midst of reading back now, but I currently have no clue who it is between yourself and Senan. I know I'm good, you know likewise, so therefore it's Senan, case closed!

I knew Senan had a fair amount of posts to read back on, but was surprised by your amount of posts. That's not a criticism at you, just an example of how off my radar you've been. There were several players like that in this game tbf.

3 way fight to the death.

GO!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Yeah it's us three and I'm in the midst of reading back now, but I currently have no clue who it is between yourself and Senan. I know I'm good, you know likewise, so therefore it's Senan, case closed!

I knew Senan had a fair amount of posts to read back on, but was surprised by your amount of posts. That's not a criticism at you, just an example of how off my radar you've been. There were several players like that in this game tbf.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I’m a low poster but that’s due to not really having the time to play as I am still working

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch at 9pm. Reminder to cast your votes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Ok, incoming, this is a long one…

Someone asked the uncleared players to do iso, so I started with Brendan. Bear with me, there some elements where a cross reference might be needed but for now I’m calling it as I see it purely on the Iso

Evening all. I was expecting to see 100s of posts to catch up with, phew.
    Why not the SK either? Seems like a lone sort of figure, that's who I would have thought of going by Isla's post.

Anyway...a wolf coming out and saying 'I don't want to make friends with any of ye' might be a bit too on the nose. Isla posting that later in the game might be weird, but now could just be N0 fluffy stuff.
    First one is from Glen Bateman and it's a great quote.

It might be an unlikely task though, if there are tasks: "Try to sneak this huge quote into a post" :D
    'Morning.

...and it's the gloomiest one I've seen in a while, I actually can't see a patch of blue sky outside.

Seems we're in a bit of a holding pattern until the munch or some kind of action nudges us on a bit. I was really expecting a lot more posts to have to catch up with.

Not much in this early block of posts, some fluff, bit of engagement- no read here

Steve seemed like a Day 1 cage-rattler to me. Not sure what, if anything, to take from his death. RIP Steve.

Anyway, about TCM...

I wonder if TCM can strap this one-off bomb to himself to try and get that explosive end to a lynch.

Certainly seems like some are angling to be lynched tonight. We need to be careful because from my reading of the OP, anyone who votes for the booby-trapped person in their successful lynching will be killed also.

This is a weird reading of the OP. It does show however that Brendans very conscious of TCM’s WMD, which we know the wolves appear to have voted around for the most part

Senseless giffing isn't a great look on Day 1.

Any thoughts about the rest of my post?
    I was putting the idea out there considering my reading that some might be trying to get themselves lynched.

For now, forget whether TCM can use it on himself or not. Let's concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb. I'm just going on the bolded part here...

'All associated' makes me think that whoever votes for TCM's bomb target, if the target is lynched, the voters will go boom.

I'm not suggesting at all that TCM can win the game with this one-off bomb, just take out a large chunk of the village/wolves with it.

More in this vein…
    I have WFH duties, thankfully though 6pm is good enough to call it a day.

Agree. It's gone from me being happy that there wasn't hundreds of posts to catch up on whenever I come back, to now thinking that it's just too quiet in here. Can't really complain too much as I'm not exactly pushing up those numbers myself, but I am surprised that I'm not in a minority of low posters.

I corrected someone early on this but just in case you missed it - I never suggested that the one-off bomb will lead to him winning the game, or anything about the win conditions. This is what I mean...

You agree that the important part is to concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb, so what do you make of it yourself? Do you agree with my idea above?
    Grand, mainly banter

As for my own lynch vote, I'm keeping that to myself for now, for a couple of reasons...

1) There's fúck all to go on so far, and it would be very easy to present or start a bandwagon for someone to hop on now.

2) With this wolf vote manipulator in play, I want to give the wolves as little ability to use that power as possible. Not giving them a signal of which way the lynch is likely to go is probably a good way to tackle this.
    I’ll come back to this in a bit but I hate this post
    I also pointed out that Eva's early long quote from The Stand was unlikely a wolf post for the same reason as I gave for Isla.

Yeah I also wondered if TCM could strap the one-off bomb to himself. I think that's fair to bring up for discussion, but the main thing we should be wary of is lynching the booby-trapped person, no matter who it is.

Elsewhere...you say in your readslist that in context Steve's cage-rattling wasn't more than anyone else. He was literally calling for the death of another player from early on, in most of his posts too. That is a bit more cage-rattling than others from what I've read of the early game activity.

My reading, from there being no traditional SK kill at 10am this morning, is that TCM has to have all his orders in for 10am, regular bombs and one-off bomb, then waits for his results at 9pm. In your example of you becoming dead cert for lynch, no I do not think TCM could act on that info now. If TCM was able to wait to see how the thread were likely to vote in the lynch before placing his one-off bomb, that would seem very easy for him. Unfairly so IMO.

Could be so, but I wouldn't take that as a given myself. For example, Regan or Des could be strapped with the one-off bomb for all we know.

Yeah Steve was for some reason straight in on Frank. I didn't actually put that 'Emma=Emily' together until now.

Emily accused me of pocketing Isla but 1) missed another case where I 'pocketed' someone, and 2) hasn't called out other posters who are 'pocketing' by answering on behalf of another poster.

There are misunderstandings and misreadings of other people's posts/opinion a plenty in the last few pages, but because of cheap shade throwing like 'pocketing', why bother correcting the record?

Again theres an unhealthy obsession with TCM. Village normally focus on all baddies but Brendan is very focused on only one bad team. To me that’s quite wolfy..
    Fúck.sake.

I couldn't vote Emily, even though she was trying to shade me cheaply I felt.

I had a vote registered for Patrick earlier on, then when it was suggested that he could be the vig on a task by another poster, I changed my vote from Patrick.

At that late stage, Henry was my fallback because he had come in with apologies about missing the game so far, but then subsequently disappeared.

Not solid reasoning on Henry I know, but I moved off Patrick on the off-chance he was our vig.

Fúck.sake.

Hers why I hate the earlier post. It gives great deniability when Emily des – This post sucks for a villager to make, its just full of optionality that suits wolf more than village-firm wolf lean here
    No harm to our seer or any other RVs, but vig is probably the best role Tom can take over for us.
    Morning.

Another villager down, though I can't be too judgemental at our new vig. I had Gabriel on my radar because of a few things like his first pst in the game being a Randall Flagg gif, and him responding 'Indeed it is' just before yesterday's munch in reply to another poster saying 'It's all about to kick off'. Given how our lynch went, I can't say that I wouldn't have taken that shot myself last night at the end of a bad day.

We're losing numbers but we should bear in mind that we are only 1 RV down, and that role has been apprenticed. Also, none of TCM's bombs exploded on Day 1 so there's that too. Bag a wolf today by lynch or vig and we're on our way back for tomorrow.

A lot of attention will go on the Emily voters, but we shouldn't get blinkered on that for the whole day.

And again, suddenly he had Gabriel as on his radar – where did this come from all of a sudden? Have I missed Bren calling Gabs out before now? Or is this more optionality?
    Yeah we need to get something solid going today alright.

Only thing is I held back on posting who I was voting for yesterday to try and not give wolves an advantage with their lynch manipulator power. If they see which way the thread is likely to vote in the lynch, they can use that power to its maximum I reckon.

Just wondering now though, is this vote manipulator thing such a big power against us in the early days while we still have good village numbers? If it isn't, then I agree, we need to get working on the likes of FFAs today.
    And this post is just muck tbh
    Since roughly when was Emily 'on Jake'? Cause here's a post of Jake's from around 7.45pm yesterday which probably didn't go down too well with Emily...
    So it probably was that FFA-ish post of Jake's at 7:45pm which didn't go down well with Emily.
    FFS :mad:
    I'm leaning either way at the moment. Including the line 'Unless defused by 9pm a real bomb will explode.' after the defuser has died, offers hope.

Someone else said it above, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a prize offering today where the winner gets 1 x defuser chance.
    Guys, I'm not a newb and not pretending to play dumb, but what is TWTBAW?

Fluffy stuff

Clodagh's posts...

Hasn't appeared in 1 day and 16 hours. I hope Clodagh is alright IRL, but have to take a look at her posts regardless.

Hmm...would a wolf or the SK lie that low, so low to risk modkill? I don't think so.
    Fair enough Wini, but just reading that back now I'm seeing a typo which I wouldn't have let fly if that was a rehearsed or even previewed post.

I was just trying to see some positives from an increasingly shít situation and stress the point that we shouldn't get blinkered on one thing for the day.

Helpful not helpful
    I'm in a work from home situation, and as I alluded to yesterday I'm trying to keep to traditional working hours by clocking off at 6pm etc. I'm on a lunch hour now and was catching up with the thread. I didn't even see Wini's post mentioning me until after I submitted my first couple of posts there. I have now replied to Wini because I have seen it.

Players have to investigate and come with something, but I think that's really cheap shade Frank. Smug wink at the end of your post isn't a great look either.
    That's the thing, I posted specifically that I wasn't a newb because IMO there seems to be more newbiness going around than the list of sign-ups suggests there should be. I mean, so far in the game we've had a few people complain about getting the hang of anon accounts. That's fair enough, I do believe that can happen, but I've never seen it mentioned so much in an anon game before. I expected to see more new names when I went back and looked at the sign-up thread earlier.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And I don't mean that in a bad way, just that we've both said as much as I think we can on it. It is what it is for me, but no harm discussing it.

Exactly, this is the kinda thing I was talking about in my last post about there being a fair bit of 'newbiness' in the game compared to the sign-up list.

Some people, it appears Derry for one, are playing the newb card and I'm trying to think of a good reason why.

I picked out Orla, Derry and Clodagh (there's a Clodagh :eek:) earlier as low liers who concern me. I posted all of Clodagh's posts and then cleared her for now (in my own notes) as I think she would be playing it dangerously close to the modkill wire to be a wolf or the SK.

Derry fits the low lying profile IMO, and as you pointed out seems to be doing just enough to reach the minimum post count.
    That's cool, and it seems I've done it here...

People have reads in live games of a couple hundred posts. I still have too many names in this game who are off my radar and I'm trying to fix that, but to have no reads at all at this stage and consider 600 posts little to go on is not good enough. Not too be too harsh on Derry though, as there are quite a few who are barely meeting minimum posting requirements.

Apologies about that Derry. However it doesn't clear up why there's confusion with anon accounts for such an experienced player?

If it's just something you can't get the hang of, fair enough, I still have to stop and think for a second when spelling 'choose' or 'chose'. It just seems an unusual thing to me for an experienced player to mention a couple of times.

Just bants no real stuff here

One of your posts must have been another thing which made me think there was 'too much newbiness' when reading the thread. We mightn't find a lock wolf with this newb/anon stuff, but it does no harm in discussing it as we can see here now.

Me with anon accounts - it was an amazing eureka moment when I was told about the second browser/private window method. Playing my first few games not knowing that, logging in and out between my anon/regular account, that was some pain in the hole.

As for the rest about Derry, no lock wolf but certainly strong on my radar. For similar reasons, Orla is there too. She last popped in around munch to make one post...

My FFA so far has Derry and Orla on it. If not them, there's definitely some fúckery going on among low posters. I'm going to save my 3rd FAA spot for someone away from the low posters as I don't want to get tunneled on that.
    Ok, bit of stake in the ground here at last I guess

That's what I've discussed with Wendy and sought clarification for. If you read those interactions, and my post since then about low posters, you'd see some things were cleared up but Derry is still a mild concern to me as a low posters, Just one in a group of them.

Why are you speaking up for him anyway? I got accused of pocketing for less yesterday. Since you are so concerned, let's look at your question from another POV - What did Derry do? Like what has he done so far to earn your defense?

Unless I'm picking up the wording of your question wrong or misunderstanding, that's a weird hill to go to battle on Oisin IMO.

I've explained the thought process of my vote last night...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113004951&postcount=392

I didn't actually see Necro's 15 minute prompt, I saw another player raise the possibility of Patrick being vig so I moved my vote off him once I saw that post. Given that I already had a vote in despite my late change, Necro's prompt doesn't apply to me.

What is your line between throwing shade and discussing other players? We can't vote for everyone, nor should we vote for someone merely because we might have one sticking point with them. If I did actually vote for Emily, there would be the 'only did it cause she shaded you' accusation. Can't win there tbh.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what I've done or said above to earn your 'throwing shade' accusation. They are completely fair points I made about Emily's selective pocketing accusations. Overall as well, Gertrude had made the point that not enough people were contributing, and I was commenting 'why bother?' in relation to trying to correct the thread record when such attempts are labelled as pocketing.

I don't like the way you're trying to portray me here as someone who started/contributed to the lynch of our vig, as someone who was merely here 'throwing shade' near lynch time. That post you quoted of mine from 8:05pm, there was another reply in that post to someone apart from Gertrude. It was to you about a TCM thing.

So it's not like I nipped in to turn up the pressure cooker on our vig. I've been trying to game-solve. To choose a part of my post to suit a narrative about responsibility for our vig getting lynched is unfair.

Then defensive towards Oisin and Eva. Interesting cause there some serious OMGUS coming Oisins way in the future
    I meant Wini here. Not the first time I've gotten those names confused in WW (WiniWendy).

Have you contributed enough to have your mind made up in the first place? Yes, please get your laptop. I've mine here now, so will look at your posts so far...

That's decent tbf, though I appear to be missing from the list.

So, you've changed your mind on the Patrick giffing? As a village we've long moved on from yesterday's giffing with Patrick/Regan. I think you've been skirting by relatively unnoticed Orla, and apart from one decent post above I'm getting non-villager vibes from your activity.

You popped up this morning to make one post about Glen being dead and asking Gert for info, then nothing until this evening when lynch deliberations will pick up.
    Indeed, but that was quite the pocketing attempt on Eva the emerging village leader earlier now that I see it. Maybe old Katie could have simply been a villager who was under-pressure IRL, but Katie should still be watched IMO in case there were genuine reasons to try to pocket someone who is emerging as an apparent village leader.

Welcome aboard new Katie btw, and sorry your new skin has some unanswered questions which have nothing to do with you.

This is interesting cause it puts the focus on Katie when Regan had fairly casually put it to one side for the moment. New Katie was just in so it feels weird, could it be a bussing attempt or prep
    My lynch vote went in about 6:30 btw.
    I love my King/Stand quotes as much as any fan, but what is going on at this stage with them? Des is now involved, quoting back at you or thanking them.
    Questions Evas quoting. At this stage I’d expect village to be exploring this, maybe even considering a vote there if it bothers them…..

Exactly old buddy Oisin, I'm still waiting on a response from you unless I missed it.
    …..But Oisin is more interesting

This game has decided it, I'm starting a re-read once I'm done in this game. Too good indeed.

Anyway...I replied to those few things you raised earlier, if you get a chance to reply to it.
    You and Derry again.

I'm clearly missing something about this relationship.
    The post/question is there for you to see, I only wrote it an hour ago.

I knew you weren't paying attention during that discussion with me, Wini and Derry earlier once you asked 'What did Derry do?'. Now you're not paying attention again when you miss that large post of mine which starts with a quote from you. Yet you're apparently taunting me now for some reason with 'Hey ol buddie'.

Firmly onOisin

I've to go now anyway (if that's alright with Oisin) and will be back later. We need a bad here, c'mon village.
    Leaves, doesn’t actually get back later.

Hers the interesting thing: Brendan has his spat with Oisin

Brendan goes at Eva briefly for quotes

Where does Brendan vote?

Orla

WTF

Lynchee Votes Total
    Eva WW Derry WW, Isla WW, Jake WW, Orla WW, Winifred WW, Barbara WW, Phil WW, Katie WW 8
    Brendan WW Senan WW, Gertrude WW, Oisin WW 3
    Isla WW Eva WW, Patrick WW 2
    Orla WW Brendan WW, Phil WW 2
    Desmond WW Regan WW 1
    Wendy WW Frank WW 1
    Patrick WW Mary WW 1
    Katie WW Henry WW 1
    Henry WW Desmond WW 1
    Barbara WW Riona WW 1
    Mary WW Wendy WW 1
    Did Not Vote Clodagh WW

Good afternoon folks. I have a shít ton of catching up to do but I'm about now.
    Gonna leave the plaudits for the feedback thread and the time has passed for OMGness, but that read from about 8pm last night to this afternoon was one of my best WW experiences to date.

Started off very grim but by this morning's events it's been a complete flip. Well done Phil, mwhahaha at Flagg and his blitzed den, but there's still work for us to be done here.

Other people talked about me yesterday evening and listed me for FFAs, even voted for me. That's fine as they listed some reasons. However, Oisin's behaviour in the lead-up to lynch was bizarre, even outside of his hollow crusade against myself and Derry. Pushing us as wolves up until lynch, but now that Derry has been cleared NRV, I'm lock SK to suit the vendetta.

Now that I'm back and have time, I'm going to do an ISO of Oisin's posts from yesterday evening.

Now Oisin again!

But you voted for Orla!!!WTF is going on here Brendan?
    He does only have 1. The whole way that went down was the way I've been suggesting in here from early on. I quoted the OP and showed how it pretty much spelled out the bloody outcome.

So I would take OP as truth in regards to the one-off aspect of the big bomb. Therefore - 'Looks like FFAs are back on the menu boys!'
    Here is an account from when Oisin returned to the thread from 7pm yesterday evening onward. Too long of a read for some, but that's the game and I know a few of you will actually read this...

^In reply to Gertrude musing about TCM's bombs. Oisin moves onto me from here while I'm replying to Regan...

^Strange interjection from Oisin, who I initially thought was prompting me here to reply to something he asked me earlier in the day. ("What about Derry?") Something I had already replied to but he had not acknowledged. On another note - it turns out that there were genuine reasons for Katie (wolf) to attempt to pocket Eva. Pocketing happens.

^In reply to Derry. Oisin admitting here that he came into the thread late on with no clue who to vote for.

^Just a random quote, at a time when other posters are putting in some grit and trying to organise a lynch.

I now see and reply to Oisin's "Hey ol buddy Brendan", and here is the interaction which follows...

^Ok fair enough, I initially misread the intention of Oisin's earlier prompt of me and he says he will get back to replying to my earlier post, but he admits here he is just having a bit of fun, at a time when the village badly needs to be getting its shít in gear.

I notice Oisin's "Fair play, I've no clue who to vote for" post to Derry...

It's then Oisin posts the following, suddenly flips from Derry his friend to Derry the wolf and Brendan being in a den together...

^Well, as we can see now post-mortem Derry was not a wolf so we were not distancing from each-other, at all.

^This is the reply to me asking why Oisin spoke up for Derry earlier in the day. Finally, this was the reply I was looking for quite a few posts ago. Before we went down this rabbithole.

A couple more cheap shots at me while I'm out, and Derry too, sure why not...

Phil in response to Riona saying why she hasn't been as active as she'd like to be, with Orla and Oisin's interjections...

Next post from Oisin is another completely hollow Brendan/Derry shot after a poster asks should we do FFAs...

Orla replies to Oisin's 'Hey Orla', and again Oisin isn't in game mode, didn't want to ask Orla a game-related question, just shooting the breeze...

Phil responds to Orla, Oisin goes into 'colour commentator with large pockets' mode...

Poor Derry finally confronts Oisin about Oisin's fluff...

Oisin finally looks elsewhere when Eva's post is raised by Wendy...

I get back to the thread to see Oisin's posts about my 'disappearing act' and his other hollow shots...

^This is my last post at around 8pm before I say "I have to leave (if it's ok with Oisin)", he thanks this. Another sign that while all along the likes of Eva and Gertrude are putting in genuine work coming up to lynch, Oisin is in quite a playful mood through all this.

Eva explains her 'slip' to Oisin, and reiterates that she has already explained this (another example of Oisin not really reading the thread)...

Oisin agrees with Eva and can see how it happens, but still needs more...

When Wendy says there's 45 minutes to go and should we do FFAs...

^Wow, this is standing out to me now given what actually went down less than an hour later at 9pm. Some of us had previously discussed in thread the possibility of TCM being able to place the big-bomb at any time of day phase rather than by a 10am deadline, but Oisin seems sure here.

Back to Eva and her post...

And that is Oisin's last post before lynch, after some heavy activity and posting of mostly nothing. At 8:33pm he exits the gamethred. Yeah, he may have been trying to be investigative with Eva in the above interactions, or...he may have been trying to bring sticking points about Eva back to the forefront of discussion and attention in the run up to lynch. A lynch Eva didn't survive, and in turn obliterated the village.

***9pm passes***

In the aftermath of that carnage, Oisin is OMG fairly quickly despite disappearing 40 minutes before...

The moment he sees the lynch voting results, instantly he tries to spin a definitive narrative in the thread in saying 'no doubt'...

^This stands out to me. If Oisin is SK, would be very cheeky.

Back to pushing another line about the lynch votes, but never goes into detail, much like all of these posts...

After this Oisin does get into the game for the rest of the night, and you can take a look and judge for yourself there. But I will mention this post...

^You may as well do that Oisin, just in case someone missed it when I did it the first time and surmised that she was unlikely to be wolf or SK. Oh...that was another thing you missed I guess.

Summation...

In all of the accusations against me and even Derry, Oisin hasn't gone back and looked at any posts, quoted anything outside of my live responses to him, never did one bit of investigating into me. That's why I said that I don't mind being voted for and investigated earlier, but Oisin only did one of those things.

I'm not taking it personally though, as it appears Oisin came into the thread yesterday evening just needing something, anything and anyone to hang a vote on for the evening. The fact that I antagonised him was the sum of my crimes. Once the lynch went by and Oisin survived unscathed, he actually spent the rest of the night making inquisitive posts, and never mentioned me again. However it drew my attention to him and I think it was worth it. With fresh eyes, I can see some plotting and string pulling in the above from Oisin.

Oisin's actions above are that of a non-villager IMO. I'm actually leaning towards SK looking at yesterday evening's activity. If so, touché at your string pulling in setting up that madness.

And now we get to that OMGUS against Oisin I mentioned earlier. Oh boy, you really think hes a wolf – in every way except how you vote

Whatever about Mary who is still an unknown, this is the kind of post of yours which concerns me. Make it like you're doing some work, but it's just a bunch of loose questions with no conclusions or commitments.

Go and quote my posts and make some conclusions, I mean you already have me as wolf,SK who knows by now, so actually quote some of my posts and make your case. Quote anyone's posts apart from the low hanging fruit in the post count and make your case.

I have my vote in for you Oisin, and I'm sure that's good enough for you to put yours on me.

Ah yeah, vote for him today when it don’t matter if his wagon takes off – yesterday not so much
    It's all there in that absolute unit of a post of mine, Oisin. As is the stuff with Derry.

I think it's clear where I am and there's no need to clog the thread further, or for the village to tunnel on this for the evening. There are still multiple unknown bads to find.
    I'm willing to answer any and all if Oisin is not bad, but you pointed it out at length and so did I - he has been the most suspicious as of late. Oisin went for me with a vengence yesterday with little to go on and sought my attention which unearthed some concerning behaviour from him. He also got your attention without him going after you with a series of hollow posts...he has been suspicious no matter the outcome here.

If Wendy wasn't 50/50 to detonate and you didn't have a bullet to use soon anyway, Oisin would definitely live to discuss this further and Wendy would be the lynch now.

And on that note about possible unfair deaths, we're getting to very delicate numbers in the village even though it's been a good day overall. It was day we badly needed though to have a chance. I'm willing to take the peek/bullet tonight if needed because really we are getting to that stage of going through non-essentials in order to weed out the final bads.
    You actually said it was decent analysis in your first reply to it.
    On?
    I'm not hesitating, I'm responding to you saying that questions will need to be asked if he's good.

Not for me they won't, his behaviour speaks for itself.

All Oisin now
    Haha, well done TCM, that's one less we have to worry about :D

This is a very odd post. Ok, so Wendy was notionally a peeked wolf, but at this stage we still have the bride in play and no one is certain yet how she’ll flip

NECRO HASN’T REVEALED HER ROLE YET!!

Why would a villager post this?

Oh...ok, sorry I misread.
    Wendy was outed wolf, there was minuscule chance of the wolves both framing her and Clodagh peeking her on night 1.

Bit of ass covering as they realise what they’ve done
    I had strong SK leans, really thought we were going to wrap up at least one bad threat there.

Sorry Oisin, but I stand by all I said and looked into.

Ok, we can't have many more mis-fires.
    And some more
    Wendy...

I wonder, if she got a target in for tonight will it stand in light of her death? Can there still be some fúckery with this or are we good?

And now some self pres if theyre peeked
    The wording in OP suggests it's a possibility - a day request for a night action.

But would a power live beyond a player's death? I can't recall instances of that happening before. But then, I don't play every game of WW.

As you've outlined though, we have a pretty solid route to victory here anyway, irrespective of that.
    As I've said before, I'm no newb. Still though, I'm completely shíte at wagonomics.

I'm in a group with Senan, Henry, Mary and Riona where the game's solution lies. The quickest way we can form a plan to solve this, be it wagonomics or otherwise, let's do it.

Waffle
    No problem with that, I think it has to happen and we'll get data we can use from it no matter what.

With BG gone, wolves will for sure take out Phil in the morning and our peek/shot is a very limited resource.

Of course...as if it needs saying, I'm NRV, but you guys not being able to trust me is the point here.
    waffle
    Sure, it's the cleanest way anyway with the possibility lingering of Nadine's ghost fúcking with us. Unfortunately we need to start planning for a likely reality of life without Phil tomorrow.

Still too many unknowns at this point for us to feel too safe or sure. The other unknowns apart from me, I would go ISO like with Oisin earlier, but 1) Oisin really redflagged me for that ISO attention where as I don't know where to start with them, and 2) I'm wiped here and can't do two of those in the span of six odd hours.

No matter what my peek result, I'll do that work tomorrow in advance of lynch assuming I'm still in the game then.
    RIP Phil, excellent work this morning and overall. We might actually snatch victory here from Tuesday night's jaws of defeat situation.

Your spidey senses are finally coming into play now that you've been outed?
    Anyway, 'spidey senses' amount to more than cheap shade throwing, you do them a disservice here.

On that note, I see you floating the idea of leaving you alive tonight and trying to catch/lynch another wolf instead? Like the village needs both a munch and another go of SK bombs tomorrow, good one.

I know who you are cause of those pics earlier on, but regardless, I'm joyed to read this.
    I just haven't been around and tbf, those last 2 catch-ups I've had to read have been some of the most immersive reading I've had in a while. Coffee and smokes aplenty since TCM blitzed the place on Tuesday night.

Deafening silence but not everyone who is silent is a wolf. It seems that given Phil's 2 bullseye picks this morning, we have our decision made for the day.

In the meantime that gives time for us to plan beyond the next lynch and try to be certain for tomorrow's. As I said last night, I'll be putting the 'Oisin work' into other players today, but obviously this time I hope to nail a wolf.

So basically, a lot in here but to my read..

100% hairy wolf

Key bits:

The Wendy reveal, the oral vote, the omgus on Oisin only after wagons are ok

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Very good Senan - After pointing at me earlier in the game, after other posters including Phil putting in the work on me and concluding that I've done good work and have leaned me as the villager I am...you have decided a narrative at the outset of your ISO and carried out the rest of it to match.

Fair play for putting in the work, it's needed at this stage, but you have just edged Henry for my shout for final wolf with that. Not a given at all until I complete my own research, but some things up there raise a red flag for me as a wolf-hunter.

Attributing many good points I made, which was discussed and referred to by the likes of Gertrude and Phil on a constructive basis - you chart much of this off as fluff. I mean, your ISO post looks good on the surface, but claiming much of my own posts are just fluff is not an accurate reading. It's quite fluffy in its own right.

Suspicious that I was reading into the TCM role when lots of cleared villagers were discussing it too? That's not a 'pro' in the Bad Brendan column at all, it's a clutching at straws is what it is.

If it comes to it Senan, I can list some positive things I have done for the village which also would have been negative for the wolves. I didn't even realise that until other posters pointed it out. Can you do the same for yourself?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

A fight to the lynch, gentlemen.

• Advertisement

ROBERT-BYRD-2011.jpg

I want to see a nice dirty fight, protect yourselves at no time.

OK, same approach for Henry, bit less posts so should be shorter. Henry also switched pilot at one point which makes reading into it a bit trickier I guess

Hello. Apologies for the delay in posting. I read the PM from Necro in my sleep and forgot... Only saw the game on my desktop a few minutes ago. Sorry!!

Not caught up yet.
    I am countering your place holder on me with my place holder on you... I've nothing else to go on.
    Morning, sorry haven't been able to post. Will be start playing catch up now - will be back later when caught up.

Well, wasn’t an energetic start anyway

Interesting that there is only one person in the mod announcement. If it is that Flagg was targeted with the second bomb is not posting the name not just confirming to the SK that they have targeted Flagg?
    Could Gertie have planted the fake bomb on herself and the real one on Nigel - get rid of Nigel and try clear herself

Offers some theories. Not good or bad but at least looking to contribute something I guess
    In previous games where 50:50 was used people got to choose who got the real / fake items
    I don't know when the Henry vote was placed, but my predecessor posted the above at 8.50 so probably around then
    We’re on new Henry now
    In this game players seem to be able to write their own flavour - could the SK have opted for no flavour?
    But it didn't go off as both players are still posting so Nigel must have diffused one
    Not much here tbh
    Being a sub doesn't mean I am evil! The village have a right for a player to be replaced if they can't play just as much as the wolves do.
    Fair enough point
    That’s us f**ked I say!! What’s the numbers now?
    I kind of want to like this tbh. Wolves don’t usually have this sense of doom when they try to play village
    We don't know which Katie placed the vote though - old or new. Plus she wouldn't have been able to know the SK planted the bomb on Eva.

My vote went on Katie as I felt she was all over the place.
    But also was conveniently not a wagon that was likely to go boom. I probably need to cross ref Katies pre bomb posting in a bit to see if the reasoning stands up at all

Oh and good morning!
    Woohoo - well done vig!
    I am happy to put Phil and Frank as the village core unless there is a counter claim. I know I am good so the evils are in the rest, hopefully the wolves take out the SK now.
    Meh, could be either way

Why?
    @ Regan - you voted for wolves - that doesn't make you lock clear - could be SK or a wolf voting for another wolf who wasn't in danger. I voted Katie last night but that doesn't mean I am lock clear.
    Still doesn't make you lock clear!
    Fair point at that stage
    If he was pretending then the real seer / vig could counter him so a big chance for an evil to take
    And again
    If we are trusting Phil then we have no choice but to lynch the wolf he has claimed
    Decent flow of thought
    Do you get your peek result straight away or will you need to take your shot before you get your result?

If you don't get it then happy to go with that plan - shoot someone, lynch Wendy and peek someone
    Again
    Yep, it's a balancing act trying to decide when to reveal your info on thread as you risk dying with it.
    Because this isn't my first game and I have been a RV before in previous games
    Then I reckon you should use the peek first and we can then take it from there
    All mechanical ish now
    I reckon we wait and see how Phil gets on with his peek and bullet before deciding who to lynch as he may find us more evils.
    I don't mind being peeked - it won't find us an evil but it will help add to the village core
    I like this, does a wolf take the risk of volunteering? Possibly I guess?
    In that case I would say catch a wolf kill a wolf if you don't get to use either until after lynch to minimise the chances of a mislynch
    Why would you think people would vote you?
    In relation to my voting - I can speak for the night one lynch vote as it wasn't me. My vote for Katie last night was because she was all over the place - struck me as a wolf pretending to not know what was going on.
    Consistent to previous anyway

In fairness to Regan - if we are going to believe Phil coz there is no counter claim then we need to believe Regan too until there is a counter claim
    RVs would generally always have a backroom but he seems to think that RVs have a shared backroom which doesn’t be the case
    Mechanical
    My vote is currently on Mary, do you want me to move it to Oisin?
    No I put a vote on Mary earlier and popped in to see if it needed to be moved
    Not a bad look here, I don’t see a wolf voting one wolf when anothers already on the block
    Ok am gonna change to Oisin as have to go do bedtime now
    We leave Riona for lynch and shoot Senan or Brendan.
    OK
    I admit I haven’t been a helpful villager but that’s down to availability which is why i only signed up as a sub in the first place
    Mary is evil coz there is only one unknown villager left as far as I see and that is me so she must be evil
    Well done Phil!!
    Regan - I think your second scenario of leaving Riona alive assumed we got a wolf at lynch. What happens to the numbers if we leave Riona and mislynch?

I think we should lynch her to reduce the kill rate.
    I agree with the approach so …..
    So either way it all comes down to tomorrows lynch
    That was a class mechanic - defo deserves a wolfie!
    tenor.gif
    I’ll hold my hands up and say I’m a low poster but that’s due to not really having the time to play as I am still working

In summary

Hard to read heavily either way, which is troubling with a reasonable number of posts. Late into the game doesn’t help. There is some likeable stuff in there though, might be neutral but certainly rings less alarm bells than Brendan

Very good Senan - After pointing at me earlier in the game, after other posters including Phil putting in the work on me and concluding that I've done good work and have leaned me as the villager I am...you have decided a narrative at the outset of your ISO and carried out the rest of it to match.

Fair play for putting in the work, it's needed at this stage, but you have just edged Henry for my shout for final wolf with that. Not a given at all until I complete my own research, but some things up there raise a red flag for me as a wolf-hunter.

Attributing many good points I made, which was discussed and referred to by the likes of Gertrude and Phil on a constructive basis - you chart much of this off as fluff. I mean, your ISO post looks good on the surface, but claiming much of my own posts are just fluff is not an accurate reading. It's quite fluffy in its own right.

Suspicious that I was reading into the TCM role when lots of cleared villagers were discussing it too? That's not a 'pro' in the Bad Brendan column at all, it's a clutching at straws is what it is.

If it comes to it Senan, I can list some positive things I have done for the village which also would have been negative for the wolves. I didn't even realise that until other posters pointed it out. Can you do the same for yourself?

So, explain your Orla vote?

Regan WW wrote: »
    A fight to the lynch, gentlemen.

I thought we already had tonights lynch?

your fight can be a long bloody slugfest into tomorrow so :pac:

RE: henry...

i always find it interesting when someone says ' X doesn't mean i'm a wolf '

When looking back it generally seems to me that they jump on this line of thought because they're reaching out to tell the truth, but they can't. So the latch on to an actual truth to hide the lie.

Yes henry, being a sub doesn't make u a wolf, but pointing it out makes you a wolf dying to tell the truth. "I'm not evil because i'm a sub, i'm evil becuase i'm a WOLF"

OOOHHHH Interesting... I've just been awarded an extra bomb, that will detonate when I get lynched. I can't put it on myself. and if I don't pick someone it's going to be randed.

Who would you guys like me to strap it to?

Senan WW wrote: »
    I thought we already had tonights lynch?

your fight can be a long bloody slugfest into tomorrow so :pac:

*tomorrow's lynch :P

Riona WW wrote: »
    OOOHHHH Interesting... I've just been awarded an extra bomb, that will detonate when I get lynched. I can't put it on myself. and if I don't pick someone it's going to be randed.

Who would you guys like me to strap it to?

Well, you know who I'm gonna say.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Unless there is no tricks up anybody’s sleeve it looks like it’s up to Regan and the remaining villagers to sort us out... Top work from Phil to get us into this position.

E52jP0.gif

Frank WW wrote: »
    Unless there is no tricks up anybody’s sleeve it looks like it’s up to Regan and the remaining villagers to sort us out... Top work from Phil to get us into this position.

E52jP0.gif

Yous are welcome lads. Don't worry about it. I just did my best

• Advertisement

Riona WW wrote: »
    Yous are welcome lads. Don't worry about it. I just did my best

The next few minutes will determine that.

Godspeed.

Frank WW wrote: »

E52jP0.gif

It has been an honour serving with you.

6d30f90b2180a94291b5e8f4ab7be482.png

Lynch Form Closed

Bye felicia

Trash Can Man, spent his whole night trying to find the last two wolves. His reads so far were immaculate.

DES.
    NIGEL.
    WENDY.

With two wolves hidden in the final few of his trusty villagers he did his very best to push who he thought was a furball. His new reads were glorious. As he researched his mind twitched and is eyes teared up. He figured it out. It was MARY and HENRY. However he had to stay hidden, so he pushed SENAN as the true TCM. He knew this was risky as it was a heavy push.

Unfortunately for ol' Trashy, his arch Nemesis MR. MOON pegged his efforts as dodgy and spied on him as he changed into his lingerie. He was outed. He could do nothing now but have some fun. Twas too late for him to change his bomb, so while he rolls on into the big KABOOM in the sky, at least he gets to take his right hand man FRANK with him.

Trashy would like to take this opportunity to thank his villagers for believing in him and he would like to offer his appreciation for the thanks and praise they've laid on him as their leader.

Before they could lynch him, he broke free of his bindings and ran to FRANK, where they both Explodified in a triumphant fiery rain that spat sparkles over the remaining village.

giphy.gif

The end......

Er thanks Trashy but not quite.

The end....... of Riona and Frank. They are DEAD

Frank was..... NRV.

Riona was.....

tenor.gif?itemid=9189378

Trash Can Man - The Serial Killer

Day 4 Lynch Results:

Lynchee Votes Total
    Riona WW Senan WW, Regan WW, Henry WW, Brendan WW, Frank WW 5
    Henry WW Riona WW 1

tenor.gif?itemid=9351894

I assume I'm gonna be talking to myself for the next 23 and a half hours so I'm just going to post the songs I'm currently listening to.

• Advertisement

Advertisement