Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Larry's a survivor.

Given that the whole game comes down to me.

I have a confession to make.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Given that the whole game comes down to me.

I have a confession to make.

Go on

I voted for Emily on the first day. Vote manipulator saved my arse haha.

Mods, can we finish this now?

I'm gonna vote to lynch Brendan.

• Advertisement

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

I voted for Emily on the first day. Vote manipulator saved my arse haha.

Haha probably best you didn’t mention this before now

Senan WW wrote: »
    Haha probably best you didn’t mention this before now

Eat me.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

(After completing this whole thing I notice it's a whopper, so have broken it up into separate posts...whopper ones)

Regan, the only remaining lock clear villager and defacto village leader, "could live with losing and Henry or Senan turning up as wolf but I couldn't stomach losing and Brendan being the wolf. " I like that you are clear villager and are not a worry on that front Regan, but those posts above and that attitude is not a good village move for the end of the game. I promise you.

Like I think that's pretty definitive there no matter what I say about anyone else now, isn't it? No point in posting my thoughts or ISOs of Henry or Senan, cause all this is going to come down to at this stage is a hunch anyway, one lead by the lock village leader whose mind is made up on me before the final phase even begins. Regan took a disliking to me on Day 1 when I opined people were angling for a self-lynch because of multiple, fluffy gifs. I attempted to ask for further interaction in this post, but you didn't care then much like now...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112998939&postcount=166

It wasn't 'reasoning' for anything there btw Regan, it was an observation and an attempt at collaborative game-solving. I have no regrets over that, not when we didn't know at that stage whether TCM could strap himself with the superbomb or not, or what those mechanics were precisely. It was Patrick I was most concerned about in that interaction anyway who I later moved my lynch vote off when it was suggested that he could be vig. I've no regrets about my gif suspicions now, but also apparently no chance here to try to keep the village one step closer from defeat.

I was in full agreement and encouraged myself for that last peek of Phil's (it would have been insane for Phil to shoot me, and would have seemed wolfy/bad for the village for me to ask for that final bullet) - it's not my fault this shít didn't get cleared up then. However, I can't be as eager to offer myself up now because one more mislynch likely hands the wolves the win.

Regan hasn't ISOed me or made thorough investigative posts about me, just didn't like me after that giffing thing. Has barely quoted a post of mine once, and only started to mention me on Wednesday eve by the looks of it and has said my name a few times since then without any posts to back it up. Now that Regan is lock village, investigative work on me, or Senan and Henry, doesn't seem to matter to him and therefore the village's fate. Just pick the one it would be least shíte to lose to, and sit this out until whatever outcome. I'm not as comfortable to do that for the village though.

So Regan wants "compelling evidence" that I'm not a wolf, what can there be at this stage of the game now with no more mod info to come outside of autopriest? I'm NRV and expected to be out of the game long ago, so I don't have a trail of breadcrumbs or codes left in early posts to confirm an identity. My game and post history so far is all I've got, and despite flaws it seemed to go alright with a few notable villagers who have left the game by now.

I don't know if it will be compelling for you, but here is some evidence that I have made genuine efforts to help the village from early in the game, and how it would have played out not too well for the wolves. I'll start with something circumstantial before moving onto more direct examples...

- Both myself and Desmond have relatively high post counts for this game, compared to the overall post count of the game, and have been fairly active. I've looked back at Desmond's posts with fresh eyes knowing that he was Randall, and it is clear that his behaviour after Tuesday night's carnage changed, even more so once the role of Seer-Vig was announced. Desmond seemed quite desperate then, and knowing now that he was Flagg, that was a highly risky play for the wolves and a definite change in behaviour from their leader. Even if Des did not know that Phil was vig, it was loud behaviour attracting of the wrong attention for wolves. Incidentally, it's gleeful the way that went: "Supervig if you're out there...please shoot Phil now" :D

Back to Des that night, in retrospect with what we know now about the wolves...Katie was a low poster who was busy IRL and had to be subbed, then a few hours after a willing sub comes in, 'Boom!'. Mary is by her accounts a new player and this is evident in her posts I think, so maybe she was unable to do any heavy lifting for the wolves and certainly was attracting village attention as a very low poster. Wendy...I'm not sure about Wendy, and she wasn't strapped with a bomb until the next morning. Anyway...come Tuesday night, the wolves were potentially in a bad spot despite still having numbers on the surface, and IMO this is evident in Des' behaviour Tuesday night.

If I'm a wolf too, one who hasn't been in major danger by that point, if I do some good/thorough village work according to others who've been in this game and therefore I would seem to be somewhat the 'hidden' wolf shout here...would Desmond have went to those very vocal lengths on Tuesday night? Would he have begged for the vig to shoot Phil or have suddenly changed his behaviour so much? It seems Des was a relatively measured poster up until that, then from Tuesday night on he was going into an 'all or nothing' mode. If I were actually a wolf myself, I would have advised heavily against any such behaviour in the backroom and maybe Des/Randall would be still in the game now. If I were wolf, I would have been posting in caps at Randall in a backroom to calm the fúck down. Des changed that night, and if I was wolf I don't think that whole thing would have happened for several reasons.

That's circumstantial, next couple are more direct examples...

• Advertisement

- I brought Katie's name back to the forefront of attention, or at least made a decent reminder that despite Katie's sub being new, that doesn't matter to our investigations and that old Katie still tried a blatant pocket attempt on a strong villager. As much as for anything else, I made this for my own notes to come back to when 'sub armour' time had expired.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113014500&postcount=705

This at a time when if I was a wolf, I would have just gotten a new active player with the sub for Katie, and a possible clear slate for her and therefore better prospects for our den. Now, if that was a bus attempt by me, I would have went full highliner tour bus on her rather than 'Jeff's Cabs Minibus'. Look at how risky and adventurous Des/Randall turned out to be, if that was a wolf bus attempt it would have been better or at least bigger. It doesn't make sense to bus Katie at all there IMO.

If that was a distance attempt by me with Katie...well there were less dangerous ways for me to distance ourselves than to raise a post like that after the village seemed to forget about it or at least give sub Katie the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Also, I'd want to be super cautious and/or clairvoyant to think a stunt like that would come in handy later on in the game. For example, no way I saw this very moment coming and tried to account for it earlier in the game. There are cunning, experienced wolf players who can do that as wolves, sure, but I have only been a wolf about twice in my WW career, this not being one of those times.

In short (yeah right!) - I tried to keep the spotlight on a wolf with Katie, and I did it before we knew TCM was going to obliterate her or that she was any sort of an outed wolf anyway. Only for Tuesday night's events and her departure, I would have gone hard after Katie.

- I pulled Wendy up on some very cheap shading of Isla.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112993626&postcount=92

If I were a wolf, with Wendy who is confirmed wolf, in those early stages we would have been eager to raise as much shade as possible on thread and I would have let that linger. I wouldn't have undone Wendy's work by clearing some shade she threw at a non-wolf. If it were to cover ourselves or distance ourselves, well I'm sure there were better chances to quote Wendy with less counter-productive implications for the wolves.

Few other things...

- I was the first from what I can see in the gamethread to nail the TCM superbomb mechanic, and clearly I'm not TCM with inside knowledge. If I were wolf, I would have kept that one for the BR and tried to steer all wolves clear of any potential wagon. As it is though, by writing my thoughts on the gamethread, I wasn't a sly stingey wolf.

- As pointed out in a post above for a different reason: I offered and agreed to take Phil's final peek. Yeah, that could be 'too wolfy to be a wolf' but I didn't just say it in some one-liner, I stated that it made sense and needed to happen as part of whatever work the village needed to do next. I didn't just pay mere lip service and try to appear villagey, I wanted to get work done and plan a path to victory beyond Phil's likely pending munch. I was genuinely willing, and confident, to put myself up for that peek as a necessity for the village.

- As I said a few times on thread when asked about my Monday vote, I moved my vote off Patrick late on because the suggestion was made he could be vig. On the off-chance he was roled and his giffing was related to that, I moved off him. If I were wolf, would I have done that and/or would Patrick have survived the following munch with an inkling of him as vig?

- I'm not going to post lots of positive things that fellow villagers have said about me, or occasions when we worked together to try to solve the game or a problem, because you are familiar with those by now. Some of them were put down to fluff and banter in Senan's thorough but all-too inaccurate ISO of me and events. Example: Some things he attributes to Henry as decent discussion in his ISO, Senan calls similar things suspicious or fluff in my ISO.

If Brendan is a villager they're too late.

Want me dead because you guys have looked into my posts and really think I'm the wolf based on that, not because it's more palpatable for Senan or Henry to be a winning wolf than Brendan. Or because you are following a village leader who believes that. For me to be wolf here, I'm playing a dedicated game that I'm just not capable of. The remaining wolf is a lot less bothered IMO, lol.

As much as Senan is looking at me with some thorough work but still many false "fluff" summations, I'm starting to think Occam's Razor applies and given that several wolves so far were low posters (Mary, Katie, Wendy), the last remaining one is likely of that vein too in Henry, someone who has been inactive for large parts despite the sub situation. Looking at Desmond's behaviour on Tuesday night, he knew that despite still having team numbers, he was the last realistic hope of a wolf victory IMO and acted like he did Tuesday night/Weds morning because of that. Des did not act that night like he still had an active, long-planning wolf in the game. That apparently is what it would take for me to be the wolf though.

Finally, look at when I was leaning towards surety with Oisin as a tale of caution - Even Oisin, knowing he was village, said it was 'decent analysis'. Here's my point though; I came to the conclusion that he was the SK pulling strings in thread from 7pm-8:30pm on Tuesday night to set-up that super-bomb. The more I looked at Oisin's posts and built my ISO, the more it made sense and certainty built in my mind. Turns out I was flat wrong on that one, flat fúcking wrong. Some of you might want to keep that in mind if you're 100% lock on me being the wolf, none of us have made complete perfect reads in this game. Some of you were even on Oisin without presenting the work I did.

Also - At first I thought I was chasing a wolf with Oisin, but the more work I did on that ISO and the more I looked at Tuesday evening's thread pre-lynch, I thought I was getting us SK there with Oisin. If I were a wolf, maybe I would have wanted to keep the SK and his kill count in play for at least one more day, or at least not antagonise him to maybe get strapped with a bomb myself.

Although Phil was suspicious of Oisin and others have acknowledged that he did himself no favours, Regan you even said at the time you were "leaning desperate" on him...there is no doubt that my ISO post contributed to his lynching. You can put that down to wolfy behaviour from me...but I tried to game solve and catch us a bad. As I said, no one has had perfect reads - Phil who really was great still shot a villager, plenty of confirmed villagers contributed to/voted for the lynching of other villagers. I'm not claiming to play the perfect village game at all or not have had flaws, just claim truthfully that I am not the last wolf.

Final post of this, promise...

Sure there are question marks over me, but to be frank (RIP Frank) I'm a bit miffed that Regan and I aren't working together to make this village win all but a formality. I may catch shít for making such long posts here and being defensive, but what choice do I have when the village leader lays down such a hardened stance with seemingly nothing but a hunch? Even Phil and Frank to an extent were leaning good on me after they did their homework.

If I were a wolf I'd honestly feel victory just being here now after Tuesday night/Wednesday's den purge. I'm making these posts because apart from this being a time I can get online, I have a responsibility to the village to convince them to make the right choice if it comes to it. If I were wolf, I just couldn't be arsed doing all this, especially knowing that Regan is 100% going to vote for me and this would be largely pointless. I'm trying to save us from what will go down as a famous wolf win for Henry or Senan, and this is the time I have to do it.

I am the remaining wolf's best chance of cover, so I'm not even going to pretend that I won't be back here after munch. I think though that I have offered all I can to try and convince the remaining villagers that I'm not the remaining wolf. I've spent two hours writing this and even more reading back on thread events to present not just this defensive case, but hopefully also one to help narrow down the pool to choose the remaining wolf from. If no one likes it and you think I'm lock wolf or as good as, well there ain't much point in me trying to work more to find that last wolf and don't ever say I didn't try to prevent the wolf win. If the rest of the village don't like this, well it will be a boring wait until lynch as I won't be defending any more at length. I'll answer questions and engage, sure, but this is my effort to try to break down a 'Vote Brendan just because' barrier. I certainly won't be going into the realm of pleading - This is our village to save, not just mine.

I can't do it, Brendan.

I've noted you, Desmond, Mary, Wendy.

I can stomach Senan or Henry winning, but not you.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    (After completing this whole thing I notice it's a whopper, so have broken it up into separate posts...whopper ones)

Regan, the only remaining lock clear villager and defacto village leader, "could live with losing and Henry or Senan turning up as wolf but I couldn't stomach losing and Brendan being the wolf. " I like that you are clear villager and are not a worry on that front Regan, but those posts above and that attitude is not a good village move for the end of the game. I promise you.

Like I think that's pretty definitive there no matter what I say about anyone else now, isn't it? No point in posting my thoughts or ISOs of Henry or Senan, cause all this is going to come down to at this stage is a hunch anyway, one lead by the lock village leader whose mind is made up on me before the final phase even begins. Regan took a disliking to me on Day 1 when I opined people were angling for a self-lynch because of multiple, fluffy gifs. I attempted to ask for further interaction in this post, but you didn't care then much like now...

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112998939&postcount=166

It wasn't 'reasoning' for anything there btw Regan, it was an observation and an attempt at collaborative game-solving. I have no regrets over that, not when we didn't know at that stage whether TCM could strap himself with the superbomb or not, or what those mechanics were precisely. It was Patrick I was most concerned about in that interaction anyway who I later moved my lynch vote off when it was suggested that he could be vig. I've no regrets about my gif suspicions now, but also apparently no chance here to try to keep the village one step closer from defeat.

I was in full agreement and encouraged myself for that last peek of Phil's (it would have been insane for Phil to shoot me, and would have seemed wolfy/bad for the village for me to ask for that final bullet) - it's not my fault this shít didn't get cleared up then. However, I can't be as eager to offer myself up now because one more mislynch likely hands the wolves the win.

Regan hasn't ISOed me or made thorough investigative posts about me, just didn't like me after that giffing thing. Has barely quoted a post of mine once, and only started to mention me on Wednesday eve by the looks of it and has said my name a few times since then without any posts to back it up. Now that Regan is lock village, investigative work on me, or Senan and Henry, doesn't seem to matter to him and therefore the village's fate. Just pick the one it would be least shíte to lose to, and sit this out until whatever outcome. I'm not as comfortable to do that for the village though.

So Regan wants "compelling evidence" that I'm not a wolf, what can there be at this stage of the game now with no more mod info to come outside of autopriest? I'm NRV and expected to be out of the game long ago, so I don't have a trail of breadcrumbs or codes left in early posts to confirm an identity. My game and post history so far is all I've got, and despite flaws it seemed to go alright with a few notable villagers who have left the game by now.

I don't know if it will be compelling for you, but here is some evidence that I have made genuine efforts to help the village from early in the game, and how it would have played out not too well for the wolves. I'll start with something circumstantial before moving onto more direct examples...

I'm afraid it's not compelling enough as the long and short of your post was aimed at me but no conclusion on Senan or Henry.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Morning all - that's some post Brendan, think I need a coffee before i try to read that

I'm afraid it's not compelling enough as the long and short of your post was aimed at me but no conclusion on Senan or Henry.

Exactly, your stance of me being wolf without any research, and "end the game now mods, I'm voting Brendan tomorrow" left it pointless and a waste of time for me to post any other wolf-hunting info without first trying to show how I could not be the wolf. The other villager will vote how you instruct. So it's not enough that I start by helping rule myself out as the wolf and narrowing it down to Senan or Henry? The posts were not just aimed at you by the way, but the other last remaining villager.

I did present thoughts in there why Henry might be last wolf, so no conclusion on Senan or Henry is inaccurate. No ISO, but as we've seen from my Oisin work, ISO isn't a sure thing or anywhere near it. I'll ISO and present a case for another wolf...you'll find another reason to stick to your guns Regan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I am doubtful that you have been conjunct
    And bosom'd with her, as far as we call hers.

If it be true, all vengeance comes too short
    Which can pursue th' offender. How dost, my lord?

giphy.gif

Someone has been munched

They have survived

For now

I missed this...

I can't do it, Brendan.

I've noted you, Desmond, Mary, Wendy.

I can stomach Senan or Henry winning, but not you.

Kinda my point Regan, it seems the wrong reasons, and you're not even open to trying to find that final wolf yourself. Never mind my efforts.

I won't be going into 'OMG how could you do this to the village!!' territory because a hunch is a hunch, I know this from playing. However, I can't even see a real hunch here...just mostly that it's okay for the village to lose once its not to Brendan.

As I've said in the last post, how I can I fight that? Columbo's ISO won't move you from that mentality. It's not about building a case against Senan or Henry now.

I'm village but another villager wants to lynch me cause the thoughts of the alternative are worse. This is a bit mad tbh, but it's the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

Lynch form is now open

I missed this...

Kinda my point Regan, it seems the wrong reasons, and you're not even open to trying to find that final wolf yourself. Never mind my efforts.

I won't be going into 'OMG how could you do this to the village!!' territory because a hunch is a hunch, I know this from playing. However, I can't even see a real hunch here...just mostly that it's okay for the village to lose once its not to Brendan.

As I've said in the last post, how I can I fight that? Columbo's ISO won't move you from that mentality. It's not about building a case against Senan or Henry now.

I'm village but another villager wants to lynch me cause the thoughts of the alternative are worse. This is a bit mad tbh, but it's the game.

How is it the wrong reasons when I've been spot on all the way after day 0.

**** MAYO.

#NotSoMuchMayo

Green&Red wrote: »
    I am doubtful that you have been conjunct
    And bosom'd with her, as far as we call hers.

If it be true, all vengeance comes too short
    Which can pursue th' offender. How dost, my lord?

giphy.gif

Someone has been munched

They have survived

For now

giphy.gif

Nicely done, SK.

Me to Eva on Tuesday...
    I love my King/Stand quotes as much as any fan, but what is going on at this stage with them? Des is now involved, quoting back at you or thanking them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113014538&postcount=708

Another example of me commenting on a confirmed wolf and finding a red flag there...no pun intended.

At a time in the game before Des goes loco and draws major attention on himself, I question if there's something going on with Eva and Des eventually because of some odd back and forth with their quotes. I then agreed with Eva that The Stand quotes were awesome and highly quotable indeed. While Des was a player like quite a few at that stage who were not really on my lean radar at all, I had a mid-good lean on Eva. Pretty much straight away after that moment where Des raised an eyebrow with me, Oisin ambushed me with 'Hey ol' Buddy' and we're well familiar with how that TLDR went already.

So yeah, I missed an opportunity there to follow up on investigations into Des because I was trying to figure out wtf was Oisin smoking. By the time I got back on thread the next day...to a much different thread on Wednesday, Des was not a village concern anymore so I did not need investigate him further.

Earlier in the game, when spotlight went on Eva alone for quoting The Stand, I stepped up with clarification of where exactly the quote came from and how unlikely it would be to be a wolf task. Eva's quotes didn't raise suspicion with me at all until Des got involved later.

Sorry, St. Brendan.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Regan - as you don't die yet does your vote count in lynch?

• Advertisement

How is it the wrong reasons when I've been spot on all the way after day 0.

Yeah about that, while going back over your posts to try and actually find where you even looked into me, I notice you drop many names who were on your radar. Certainly with Des, there was an amount of after-timing: 'I noted Des/Randall but kept off him in detail to throw the wolves'. Well done Regan, you've done great work to survive until now and played well up until leading us into a wolf victory from the jaws of defeat here, but it would be inaccurate to say you've been 'spot on all the way' from Day 0. Only for you and Des were launched into a situation outside of your control early on, would he have registered with you so soon in the first place? I could have been fairly 'spot on' myself too up until now...

- Sure I spotted Katie, I'm bang on.

- I didn't choose to lynch Emily - village council here I come.

- Likewise with Eva - get me a condo on some village beachfront property.

- I did contribute to Oisin's exit, but so did he, and many others including you agreed - village pardon and we all kinda fúcked that one tbf.

- I spotted Des poking at Eva and was going to look into him but for Oisin's entanglement and then Des' death - I spotted Randall Flagg!!

Anyway, the game is over here with a wolf win and that's just that. The remaining villager has to follow you. I'm gone next lynch with your exit too - it doesn't matter who the last wolf is between Senan and Henry because parity is reached just with my lynching and Regan villager gone. Whoever you are wolf, well fúcking done! Also, you may have been bursting your ass at me jumping through hoops here while you stay out of the thread, but I've actually enjoyed the grind and it's been in good nature. 'Touché' and all that.

If I'm wolf and managed to survive to this stage, I could string a desperate ISO to make it look any way I want against Senan or Henry, anyone can do that with an ISO. Complete waste of time now. I've put in all the work I can to at least try to start a conversation about getting past me and looking elsewhere, but village leader is calling for the game to end since last night because they can't stomach the thoughts of losing to a wolf Brendan. Yep, 'pride comes before the fall' is quite apt for that.

Advertisement