Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Congrats wolves. Good game all and thanks mods.

So...

When's the next one? :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Senan WW wrote: »
    Gah well done wolves should have just gone with the gut and not overthought it

I’ve been there and had the same result so I feel your pain

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

While I was dubious over us having a chance after the supervig made herself a one woman game changer it really shows if you want it more you just might get it. This game had it all massive powers which were used to massive effect with bloodbaths and excitement for days. Finished off with a brilliant one man comeback.

Thanks mods
    And thanks Stu for bringing us home

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Cast and Characters

Role Boards Name Game Name Boards anon Notes
    NRV MicksJaguar N/A Steve WW Munched D1
    Night Vig sKeith Stu Redmann Emily WW lynched day 1
    NRV khalessi N/A Gabriel WW Vig shot N1
    Defuser Ted_YNWA Glenn Bateman Nigel WW Munched D2
    NRV duffman13 N/A Jake WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV Ectoplasm N/A Gertrude WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV Whiplashy N/A Derry WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV grumpylumpy N/A Winifred WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV Strawberry Milkshake N/A Eva WW lynched day 2
    NRV MrsFlushdraw N/A Isla WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    Bodyguard fixXxer Mother Abigail Orla WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    Wolf - Vanilla Baggly/Kolido Lloyd Henreid Katie WW Replaced by Kolido day 2, blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV deconduo N/A Barbara WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    Seer FluffyTowel Nick Andros Clodagh WW modkilled N2
    Wolf - Godfather Die Hard 2019 Randall Flagg Desmond WW Vig shot N2
    NRV Barney92 N/A Patrick WW munched D3
    NRV yosser N/A Oisin WW lynched D3
    Wolf - Framer Persepoly Nadine Cross Wendy WW linked to Flagg's peek immunity, exploded D3
    Universal Back-Up LadySkunk Tom Cullen Phil WW Munched D4
    Wolf - Vote Manipulator Skippy44 Harold Lauder Mary WW Vig Shot N3
    NRV Drumpot N/A Frank WW Exploded D4
    Serial Killer - Arsonist tusk Trashcan Man Riona WW Lynched Day 4
    NRV sullivlo/kitten_k N/A Henry WW lynched D5
    Tough Guy Hello 2D Person Below Larry Underwood Regan WW Died N5
    NRV tritium N/A Senan WW Munched N5
    Wolf - Seer Stu Redman Barry Dorgan Brendan WW survived

That reminds me, well done to Skippy43/Harold the wolf / Mary ,You did brilliant starting with such a complex game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Thanks for running mods, my favourite game playing. The mechanics were insanely good! :D

I’ll write up some feedback in the thread when I’m done licking my wounds

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293430fff53e1ed8ad8d3a5ac24111128ab911bfcf&rid=giphy.gif

Backrooms should be open for all now too. Thanks for playing, and cheers for modding with me Green, wouldn't have been able to run it without your input!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

FECK SAKE!!!!!

Yous ruined it for us. My poor village!

I disown you all.

GG wolves, i guess...

Thanks mods... I guess...

Riona WW wrote: »
    FECK SAKE!!!!!

Yous ruined it for us. My poor village!

I disown you all.

GG wolves, i guess...

Thanks mods... I guess...

You were the serial killer and a devite so why not celebrate .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Necro wrote: »
    Backrooms should be open for all now too. Thanks for playing, and cheers for modding with me Green, wouldn't have been able to run it without your input!

Well that’s a lie, I carried the water

Well done wolves, pulled it out of the bag!

Village, WTF went wrong! Senan, your ISO was perfection and you just threw it away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Henry back to normal

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Green&Red wrote: »
    Well that’s a lie, I carried the water

Well done wolves, pulled it out of the bag!

Village, WTF went wrong! Senan, your ISO was perfection and you just threw it away!

I know :( if we’d had majority vote or a speed day we’d probably have been grand. I just overthought things as it went on today

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

This might just be the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!
    Necro wrote: »
    Cast and Characters

Role Boards Name Game Name Boards anon Notes
    NRV duffman13 N/A Jake WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV Ectoplasm N/A Gertrude WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV Whiplashy N/A Derry WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV grumpylumpy N/A Winifred WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV MrsFlushdraw N/A Isla WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    Bodyguard fixXxer Mother Abigail Orla WW blown up by lynch bomb D2
    Wolf - Vanilla Baggly/Kolido Lloyd Henreid Katie WW Replaced by Kolido day 2, blown up by lynch bomb D2
    NRV deconduo N/A Barbara WW blown up by lynch bomb D2

Senan WW wrote:
    I know if we’d had majority vote or a speed day we’d probably have been grand. I just overthought things as it went on today

Actually, interesting you say that because majority was only actually reached at 8.58pm.....

Though it may have made a difference if announced, who knows.

I felt it better to give both teams the full phase to try and work it out/win over the masses.

That explosion was hands down the greatest moment in werewolf since I’ve started playing. I know people kept saying it would happen but holy god it was shocking all the same, absolute jaw dropper and even more so because it took out half of the village :pac:

There just wasn’t enough action on the thread today for a village win and unfortunately the main contributor was the final wolf pulling it out of the bag with those posts. You guys had it figured out too, it just needed to be talked out :o

Thanks to Perse, Die Hard, Baggly and Skippy for some good times in the BR. Cheers to Kolido for subbing in for Baggly, shame we didn't get to collaborate on some carnage though. Poor Katie :o

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Well done Brendan/Stu!

You put in some serious effort today, your win was well and truly deserved :)

Did you leave me any fúckin choice with that performance of yours? :D

Thanks LS, you had a serious game and I honestly thought you and Regan had us creepies trapped under a glass. Basically everything since Wednesday was damage control and trying to survive as long as possible. Winning didn't really come into it so yeah, this is nice!

Did you read your death flavour?

Henry WW wrote: »
    That’s what made me think it was him, felt like a last ditch attempt

It was indeed the very last ditch on a drought-ravaged plain Henry, the best I could do. You or Senan might still have been allies for me today, my only chance, so going hard after one of you today with an ISO and TLDRs wasn't an option.

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Congrats wolves. Good game all and thanks mods.

So...

When's the next one? :D

Myself, Keith and Perse will be launching a sign-up thread soon for a late April start. Theme to come soon...but tbh...I just wanna mod The Stand now :pac: Let's run it again!
    Senan WW wrote: »
    Gah well done wolves should have just gone with the gut and not overthought it

Good game Senan. It was ridiculously tightly posed today, and for the likes of you and Henry who just didn't know who to believe, that's a headmelter. I've been there before and will again.

Feedback to come, thanks to our mods for that insanity, Brendan WW account restored.

That explosion was hands down the greatest moment in werewolf since I’ve started playing. I know people kept saying it would happen but holy god it was shocking all the same, absolute jaw dropper and even more so because it took out half of the village :pac:

There just wasn’t enough action on the thread today for a village win and unfortunately the main contributor was the final wolf pulling it out of the bag with those posts. You guys had it figured out too, it just needed to be talked out :o

Yeah that explosion, I was out and about at the time but had a quick look at the thread at about 9:15pm on mobile. When I read it :eek: Necro has a voice message of me just shouting wild shíte at a phone screen, I hope to never hear it again.

As for the quiet thread today...yeah absolutely. I clearly was up the whole night working on WW stuff then it dragged into morning and into lunchtime. I stayed around as long as I could here but there was barely another post. I interacted with Regan, replied to Henry when he came online. The thread was dead though and I thought the game was done, Regan's stern wall of 'nope' was going to hold and that was that. I logged off in defeat at lunchtime to get sleep, and only got back online tonight to watch the finale even if it would be me swinging from the gallows! I was on in time to see Regan's "I voted Henry"...but I really thought it was just Regan taunting/teasing me so I just didn't bite :pac:

I really believed Regan last night when she said 'Finish this now mods, I'm voting Brendan and not changing'...there is a post of mine in the BR which will confirm this. Mad aul outcome, but I won't lie, I am happy with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Well deserved Stu. And apt.

Hard luck village. I was convinced Regan would be steadfast. You'll l be having nightmares of the name Brendan for months.

Thanks necro and gnr. I'm glad I was able to do your design justice. I had a lot of fun playing as SK for the first time. Unfortunately didn't have as much time as I would have liked, but it probably turned out for the best.

I had zero expectation to make it so far, so it was really nice to stay under the radar for so long. Last day alive was good Craic too because I actually had a bit more time to play.

It really was a super game, with super players, and sorry for calling you guys Darwin-award villagers :p

Now off I go to re-listen.

KERSPLATOOOOOOMMMBAAAA

Also I wanna hear that voice message!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Well done wolfies. Thanks for a great game Necro and Green. It really was a thriller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Senan back in the garage safe and sound

Mods that was a wonderful game, thanks and apologies that I wasn’t as active at times as I’d have liked

Gotta admit, that finish is going to haunt me for a while. Sometimes I guess when we have lots of data we can see patterns that just aren’t real :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Great game mods.

Some great mechanics.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Lads, I actually meant to vote Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

tritium wrote: »
    Senan back in the garage safe and sound

Mods that was a wonderful game, thanks and apologies that I wasn’t as active at times as I’d have liked

Gotta admit, that finish is going to haunt me for a while. Sometimes I guess when we have lots of data we can see patterns that just aren’t real :(

It probably wouldn’t have mattered if you stayed on Brendan as going by the lynch results he voted last so would have been 2 votes each with me still being lynched due to Brendan having the last vote

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Thanks for the game mods. Sorry I had to make an exit. Thanks to Kolido for stepping in

tusk wrote: »
    Well deserved Stu. And apt.

Bit mad alright...and in the middle of a real-life Pandemic :eek:

Tusk that superbomb was likely the craziest shít i've seen in WW so far. Of course, credit has to go to the mods, but I believe you were very cunning in all of that and it wasn't just a stroke of luck what happened on Tuesday night. Well done man, I'd say that felt unreal when the mod posts went up around 9pm.

L2P1ZKp.jpg?1

I still didn't even believe wolves won when 'Henry has been lynched' came up last night, I thought there was still another twist to follow and didn't get my hopes up at all. I believe I said 'Fúck you' at the screen. But...when I saw that game-winning post go up...well I don't my OH will ever look at me the same again. At least she saw me happy, for a change, and she even smiled herself :D:D

After this game, and last year's Deadwood...I think 'Brendan WW' should be retired :pac: Wasn't there a Brendan SK who won in the last year or so as well?

Edit: Could have been Barney the SK, not Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

thanks mod, great game!

and begrudgingly, well done wolves. As i said in the backroom, stu, well done. you put in a good case against me and got the job done, twas a good tussle. and your ISO's yesterday as well.

skunk, so close!

tusk, lovely multi kill. what a great mechanic.

and i always thought RV share a backroom? :o havent been a RV in a while it seems

You know what. I actually couldn't enjoy the multikill as much as i should have because my heart was going balistic. I'd been hummin and hawing since the whole eva thing started and even at the very end, i wasn't sure if I was gonna do it. Had thought myself, frank and phil would have put people off all piling on one person.

Then it came to 8:58 and I thought, fuk it! The longer I leave it, the less people I'm likely to kill. So it was either gonna be a decent bunch or minimal. Never thought i'd get as much as EIGHT!

Would have like to have gotten more furballs tho :P

thanks mod, great game!

and begrudgingly, well done wolves. As i said in the backroom, stu, well done. you put in a good case against me and got the job done, twas a good tussle. and your ISO's yesterday as well.

skunk, so close!

tusk, lovely multi kill. what a great mechanic.

and i always thought RV share a backroom? :o havent been a RV in a while it seems

The RVs in a backroom would actually be a very interesting mechanic to mess around with someday. It would need to be balanced out somehow so village weren’t overpowered but I’m sure that could be figured out :)

• Advertisement

The RVs in a backroom would actually be a very interesting mechanic to mess around with someday. It would need to be balanced out somehow so village weren’t overpowered but I’m sure that could be figured out :)

could actually fit in with my world war 2 concept.

I'll have to think about it some more

Advertisement