Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

tusk wrote: »
    You know what. I actually couldn't enjoy the multikill as much as i should have because my heart was going balistic. I'd been hummin and hawing since the whole eva thing started and even at the very end, i wasn't sure if I was gonna do it. Had thought myself, frank and phil would have put people off all piling on one person.

Then it came to 8:58 and I thought, fuk it! The longer I leave it, the less people I'm likely to kill. So it was either gonna be a decent bunch or minimal. Never thought i'd get as much as EIGHT!

Would have like to have gotten more furballs tho :P

Oh so you have right up to lynch to plant the bomb? How cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

LadySkunk wrote: »
    The RVs in a backroom would actually be a very interesting mechanic to mess around with someday. It would need to be balanced out somehow so village weren’t overpowered but I’m sure that could be figured out :)

havne't read it myself properly, but wasn't hunger games something like this.

and begrudgingly, well done wolves. As i said in the backroom, stu, well done. you put in a good case against me and got the job done, twas a good tussle. and your ISO's yesterday as well.

Good tussle indeed yoss, much enjoyed, thanks man. You had me laughing away here when Oisin clarified that he wasn't taunting Brendan at all, just saying 'hi' and having the craic in general, i.e. being nice! An example of how super serious these games can get, and when someone comes along at the wrong time just acting 'normal' and asking what's the craic...'Lynch.That.Fúcker.Now!' :D

sKeith wrote: »
    havne't read it myself properly, but wasn't hunger games something like this.

Sure, the way coke is something like water. :)

Hunger Games divided all players into 5 separate BRs. There was the possibility of village and wolves being in each 'District'. I (village) was in a BR with a converted wolf, and they accidentally posted in the District thinking it was the wolf BR. 'Outed Wolf' fun ensued in the gamethread.

I think LS' suggestion is for the RV core group to have their own backroom for plotting and planning, just like the wolves. 'Informed minority vs Uninformed Majority' be done with, but in this experimental WW age on Boards, it could be fun and worth a try.

Balance would have to be well considered of course. Last year in Deadwood Keith, remember we had two RVs in a shared BR from the start (Al and Jewel). Jewel had a word limit in there, but the chance to increase it with on thread tasks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hunger Games divided all players into 5 separate BRs. There was the possibility of village and wolves being in each 'District'. I (village) was in a BR with a converted wolf, and they accidentally posted in the District thinking it was the wolf BR. 'Outed Wolf' fun ensued in the gamethread.

I remember that backroom, I was SK in there too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Good tussle indeed yoss, much enjoyed, thanks man. You had me laughing away here when Oisin clarified that he wasn't taunting Brendan at all, just saying 'hi' and having the craic in general, i.e. being nice! An example of how super serious these games can get, and when someone comes along at the wrong time just acting 'normal' and asking what's the craic...'Lynch.That.Fúcker.Now!' :D

Sure, the way coke is something like water. :)

I think LS' suggestion is for the RV core group to have their own backroom for plotting and planning, just like the wolves. 'Informed minority vs Uninformed Majority' be done with, but in this experimental WW age on Boards, it could be fun and worth a try.

Balance would have to be well considered of course. Last year in Deadwood Keith, remember we had two RVs in a shared BR from the start (Al and Jewel). Jewel had a word limit in there, but the chance to increase it with on thread tasks.

Masons / neighbours are considered advantageous enough, that they have no extra powers as RVs, or even that they should be crippled or effectively count as one player, lovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Could you have village core options...

So for example a goody could give up a power to enter a BR. For a day or for good? So Seer can give up a peak to go into a BR but only by day 2 or something? Like by day 2 all goodies can in essence give up a power to build a core.

But baddies can equally do something like a mass power bomb from the stand.

I actually had slightly different idea in Star Wars, some sort of Death Star power that killed loads because I wanted game finished by Thursday. The idea was that we have some sort of countdown clock and the game would end on Thursday regardless of outcome. If villagers hadn’t found all wolves by then the Death Star would blow up all goodies.

Advertisement