Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

I think we leave Regan to her fate if she keeps giffing like that. Be funny if Patrick was SK or a wolf team mate trying to have the Craic!

In terms of this Anon posting post thing I suppose it could be something but it only looks remotely worthwhile cause there’s very little else to go on. I’d say it’s a very soft/flakey theory but day 1 reasons for voting usually are.

Anybody have any theories on why Steve was munched or why Regan and Dessie were chosen? (Other then one of them being SK choosing themselves?).

In terms of SK 50/50 themselves, Can anybody remember other villages were there were 50/50 powers like this? Was the player allowed to poison/bomb themselves? I’d swear remember a certain mod poison themselves to gain village credibility?!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    I would have thought they could, and was going to suggest that the vig just shoot the 2nd of the pair, the one who doesn’t have the real bomb go off on them.

I get that logic, but we could be down another 2 villagers with that.

If the bomb doesn't go off, doesn't mean it is the fake one. They could be Flagg as he can't be killed yet.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I get that logic, but we could be down another 2 villagers with that.

If the bomb doesn't go off, doesn't mean it is the fake one. They could be Flagg as he can't be killed yet.

Are we presuming if one of the people with the bombs is Flagg , that they automatically get the bomb that will not go off or is there a chance they get the active bomb and neither Person dies?

Steve is reported to have posted 4 times in the thread, but i can only find 3 posts.
    So, it is likely that steve was the reason for the mod post about deletions.

Regan, what exactly did you do that made you think that the mod post about deletions was about you?

I found this a bit odd so tried to find all Steve’s posts. I was surprised to see my name originally in his first post as I honestly didn’t see it, then I noticed Steve mentioned me again (even though I had only posted once by this time):
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Hello it is I Steve. The great and powerful, let's lynch Frank look at the state of him at this hour.
    Hi Emma are you a bad person?
    Village win cons are kill all wolfs only wonder is that a typo no sk. Frank will you ask in your backroom if it's a typo
    Can we just kill frank, once frank is dead i'll be happy obvious wolf is obvious

Hmmm. If I was to put my tinfoil hat on, which I often do, I’d be thinking that your post was intended to inspire a villager to find Steve’s 4th post which as it shows above, was actually another post targeting me. The villager could come on thread and disclose this surprising information and you could keep your distance from this revelation after sowing a nice seed with somebody else....

But that’s just me wearing a tin foil hat....

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    Are we presuming if one of the people with the bombs is Flagg , that they automatically get the bomb that will not go off or is there a chance they get the active bomb and neither Person dies?

I'm assuming TCM gets to pick 2 players and decide which gets the active bomb and which the fake. Then GB has to decide which of those 2 players to attempt to defuse. That was why I proposed my wait and see what happens approach earlier.

• Advertisement

Still no sign of Orla or Henry. Everyone else has posted at least once as far as I can see.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I think we leave Regan to her fate if she keeps giffing like that. Be funny if Patrick was SK or a wolf team mate trying to have the Craic!

In terms of this Anon posting post thing I suppose it could be something but it only looks remotely worthwhile cause there’s very little else to go on. I’d say it’s a very soft/flakey theory but day 1 reasons for voting usually are.

Anybody have any theories on why Steve was munched or why Regan and Dessie were chosen? (Other then one of them being SK choosing themselves?).

In terms of SK 50/50 themselves, Can anybody remember other villages were there were 50/50 powers like this? Was the player allowed to poison/bomb themselves? I’d swear remember a certain mod poison themselves to gain village credibility?!

I had a role before where I could fake poison myself and real poison someone else

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

These anon account names mean nothing to me. Tbh I don't even bother looking at the names of who's posted because there's just too many to try and remember. Ironic that me having the issue I had posted about draws suspicion on me. I'm team village just ****e with anon accounts. Very suspicious of someone using that against me so early in the day. I could understand if we we get to this evening and there's nothing to go on but it's not even lunch time yet!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Steve seemed like a Day 1 cage-rattler to me. Not sure what, if anything, to take from his death. RIP Steve.

Anyway, about TCM...
    He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated.
    I wonder if TCM can strap this one-off bomb to himself to try and get that explosive end to a lynch.

Certainly seems like some are angling to be lynched tonight. We need to be careful because from my reading of the OP, anyone who votes for the booby-trapped person in their successful lynching will be killed also.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Steve seemed like a Day 1 cage-rattler to me. Not sure what, if anything, to take from his death. RIP Steve.

Anyway, about TCM...

I wonder if TCM can strap this one-off bomb to himself to try and get that explosive end to a lynch.

Certainly seems like some are angling to be lynched tonight. We need to be careful because from my reading of the OP, anyone who votes for the booby-trapped person in their successful lynching will be killed also.

Who do you think is angling to be lynched? You suggest that you noticed multiple people.

• Advertisement

Who do you think is angling to be lynched? You suggest that you noticed multiple people.

Senseless giffing isn't a great look on Day 1.

Any thoughts about the rest of my post?

Anyway, about TCM...

So you think TCM is trying to get himself lynched? That would imply that he has one of those roles where you win by dying. I'd be surprised by that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Morning all
    So you think TCM is trying to get himself lynched? That would imply that he has one of those roles where you win by dying. I'd be surprised by that.

This seems unlikely alright. I read the bomb at lynch as an extra bomb rather than his usual kill tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

Strapping a bomb to themselves would certainly be a ballsy move.

Senseless giffing isn't a great look on Day 1.

Any thoughts about the rest of my post?

Oh behave. A couple of harmless gif responses. Weak reasoning.

Regan WW wrote: »
    Strapping a bomb to themselves would certainly be a ballsy move.

Yeah Regan...I'm thinking if it's between you and Des as the SK, then it's more likely to be you.

Yeah Regan...I'm thinking if it's between you and Des as the SK, then it's more likely to be you.

If you go down in the woods today
    You're sure of a big surprise
    If you go down in the woods today
    You'd better go in disguise!

For every bear that ever there was
    Will gather there for certain
    Because today's the day that
    Regan isn't The Trash Can Man.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Morning/Afternoon

Why was Steve targeted I wonder? He made a few posts that were without any real meaning.
    And now Des and Regan have bombs on them. What you thinking TCM. Are you doing Flaggs biding? Can they work together?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hey everyone, I found this gif interaction a bit strange.

Just before munch time Patrick posts the below gif, looking a bit excited for what’s about to start
    Patrick WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Mod posts news of Regan and Des both strapped with bombs
    Green&Red wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Both Regan WW and Desmond WW have had bombs strapped to them. One is real and one is fake.

Unless defused by 9pm the real bomb will explode.

Regan posts the below gif and Patrick posts one saying I love you and then there’s a back and forth with lovey gifs
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif

Now it could just be harmless giffing but it did make me think of Flagg and Nadine when I read it. Maybe a task or is it too obvious?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Would they be that stupid that they'd post lovey gifs to each other? Unless that's what they want us to think which is very possible.

• Advertisement

I posted that gif in relation to a bomb being strapped to me. The reply to Patrick was a related Demi Lovato gif.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Afternoon all.

Not defusing is a dumb idea - unless both people with bombs are actively under suspicion of being wolves.

We want to keep number of alive people high for as long as possible as it means more days and more seer info,

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Would they be that stupid that they'd post lovey gifs to each other? Unless that's what they want us to think which is very possible.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You're not helping our cause.

I was putting the idea out there considering my reading that some might be trying to get themselves lynched.

Senan WW wrote: »
    Morning all

This seems unlikely alright. I read the bomb at lynch as an extra bomb rather than his usual kill tbh

For now, forget whether TCM can use it on himself or not. Let's concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb. I'm just going on the bolded part here...

OP wrote:
    He also has a one time ability to plant a bomb on someone. Should they be lynched.... it will be an explosive and dangerous end for all associated.

'All associated' makes me think that whoever votes for TCM's bomb target, if the target is lynched, the voters will go boom.

I'm not suggesting at all that TCM can win the game with this one-off bomb, just take out a large chunk of the village/wolves with it.

Looks like we live to fight another day, Desmond.

Ignore that last post.

Looks like we live to fight another day, Desmond.

Ignore that last post.

Umm no, can’t really I’m afraid.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I think the trash can mans extra bomb means he picks someone to plant it on and should that person he picked be lynched then it’s bad for more than just the one that was lynched. I don’t think trash can man self sacrifices.

The question then would be - does TCM have to nominate that person by a certain time? They couldn’t possibly pick someone at 8pm if that someone is odds on for lynching.

But if a bomb does go off. Every single person that pushed and/or voted for that person would need interrogation.

• Advertisement

So why you chatting to Des Regan. What do you know that you’re not telling

Advertisement