Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

I'm not chatting to anyone. We both have bombs strapped to us so people might steer away from lynching us with the threat of being blown up too. But either of us can still be blown up hence the 'forget that last post'.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    Looks like we live to fight another day, Desmond.

I'm pretty sure one of us is dead.

Senan WW wrote: »
    So why you chatting to Des Regan. What do you know that you’re not telling

I'm not with him in any way shape or form. If someone could diffuse the bomb that would be great but honestly work is a nightmare so if I'm to blow up it might be a relief.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I'm not with him in any way shape or form. If someone could diffuse the bomb that would be great but honestly work is a nightmare so if I'm to blow up it might be a relief.

But why write "looks like we live to fight another day" ?

That sounds like you know you are not going to die.

Would make sense for Randall to say it, but I cant work out why a teammate would be confident unless they thought they could convince the defuser to defuse the wolf who is not Randall . . Just a speculative theory . .

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Frank WW wrote: »

That sounds like you know you are not going to die.

Would make sense for Randall to say it, but I cant work out why a teammate would be confident unless they thought they could convince the defuser to defuse the wolf who is not Randall . . Just a speculative theory . .

Sorry, I meant why did Regan write "looks like we live to fight another day". It really does like it could of been a post meant for a BR.

• Advertisement

Her*

Frank WW wrote: »

Because we could avoid the lynch due to people's self preservation and also the right bomb could be diffused. I'd forgotten there was still a chance that one of us could be blown up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ8-4zD8CM6R5-q9zU6dPZdyQ2KFyEZw0cCq2TL4E7JhrhC4im4

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Sorry all, busy busy day but I'm here now thankee sai

Such a Wolfie open.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Sorry all, busy busy day but I'm here now thankee sai

tenor.gif

Has anyone voted yet?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I’m doing a read of every player at the minute. About 1/4 the way through. I’ll be voting once I’ve finished.

Eva WW wrote: »
    I’m doing a read of every player at the minute. About 1/4 the way through. I’ll be voting once I’ve finished.

When your done doing that could you ask Glen to diffuse my bomb please.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

RIP Steve.

Can we talk about Winifred and Derry?
    I only included Riona’s post to show the timeline. Winifred was the next post after it two hours later and then Derry’s half an hour ish after that saying “whoever mentioned anon”.

There’s not that many posts anyway so why you wouldn’t know who posted the very thing you want to discuss in your own post is odd. The fact that the post Derry can’t find is the one right above theirs is so dodgy. Like, there were posts left in a backroom saying “I’ll mention X you continue the convo” and they went straight from backroom to main thread without checking the main thread first.

There was another Eva post about Derry saying something that supposedly implicated me, but I've lost it.

I don't see why I'd be looked at just because someone else is incapable of keeping up with posts. If there was a backroom chat about it, I'd give the wolves enough credit that they'd have said "hey, let's maybe stagger our stupidly similar posts so someone doesn't cop on". But maybe I'm being kind.

I don't like just attacking someone because they attacked me, but Eva grasping so tightly onto something fairly flimsy like that doesn't sit well with me.

Same with those thinking giffing gives something away. That would be seriously flaunting wolfiness. The giffing would only be suss should we think its a Randall/Nadine task. And its so out there I kind of doubt it. I have Patrick and Regan on my watch list for the day due to that. But otherwise, no real reads.

Not understanding why we wouldn't want a bomb diffused? TCM might've put a dummy one on himself, but I don't think he's a big enough threat to us right now to risk losing a roled goodie over.

I have a horrific migraine. I hope any of that made sense

When your done doing that could you ask Glen to diffuse my bomb please.

I'm the one with the actual bomb tied to me. Yours is a dud.

How could you know that?

Such a Wolfie open.
    Such a lazy comme t that contributes nothing :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I have a horrific migraine. I hope any of that made sense

It's a good post. It makes sense to me.
    Regan WW wrote:

Oh right. What?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Wendy asked why Steve. No-one is answering that question. It's the only mod confirmed info we have (that Steve was targeted by wolves). On read back he seemed a little bit of a tree shaker. Not a role to my eyes. So why target him. Who did he interact with. Or not interact with as it were.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Regan's posting is an enigma wrapped in a barrel load of mystery & confusion.

Hard to know if being serious or a newbie playing.

Today went to Hell in a handcart workwise, been skimming posts a couple of times and none the wiser about what is going on.

Need to de-frazzle my head before reading back on everything.

Easy ISO on Steve.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Hello it is I Steve. The great and powerful, let's lynch Frank look at the state of him at this hour.
    Hi Emma are you a bad person?
    Village win cons are kill all wolfs only wonder is that a typo no sk. Frank will you ask in your backroom if it's a typo
    Can we just kill frank, once frank is dead i'll be happy obvious wolf is obvious

4 Posts, 3 jibes at Frank being a wolf & one at Emma. Looks to be early game tree shaking, unless he struck it lucky with the tree he grabbed.

I'm away now for a while as I'm not posting anymore until others start contributing.

Looks like we live to fight another day, Desmond.

Just quoting these to come back to later to muse on.

Bit of a contradiction.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

I'm away now for a while as I'm not posting anymore until others start contributing.

Regan actually has a point here. We need to pick up the pace of posting a bit, it's all a little too easy for the wolves rn. Hopefully evening will mean people have a bit more time.

According to my list, Henry is the only player who hasn't posted at this point but we only have 6 players on 10 or more posts. That's pretty quiet.

thoughts so far

Leaning Good
    Emily - Their posts on Sunday regarding not being able to vote yet raised a few eyebrows. In a game where everyone is paranoid and you can be lynched early for the flimsiest if reasons, I don’t believe it would be a smart move for either the wolf team or SK to bring negative attention on themselves.

Nigel - shakes a branch with Derry asking are they sobbing their teammates in. I don’t think Derry ever responded nor did Nigel raise the question again. Asks me about my quotes. Pulls Wendy up on one of her posts. Discusses with Emily her shoot whoever’s not dead by bomb idea.
    So far, I’m leaning good.

Isla - knows I’m quoting from books in a response from hake saying to shoot me. Prods Babs who says “let’s lynch jake” by saying “let’s lynch you Babs. Babs says she’s pocketing Jake. She replies she doesn’t want to make friends. Wendy picks up on this querying why she doesn’t want to stick together (Babs thanks this post). Babs reaffirms her pocketing claim by replying to Wendy. Isla queries Wendy re her sticking together post. Isla replies back she was being sarcastic.
    I like Isla (so far) and the tone of her responses.

Regan - Says they are a long time lurker. Says SK has a job on their hands. Asks what pocketing means. Made post in their own name and deleted it. 50/50 chance they have a real bomb attached. Asks Emily to run through their shoot the one with a bomb attached idea. I dunno what their IRONCLAD (in response to Emily) post means. People querying his Giffing to and fro. I see no issue with it.
    So far, I just see a new player that’s lurked but know the gist of the game. They are having fun and none of their posts seem forced.

Frank - Steve (munched) had jokingly said to lynch frank as frank had posted a buddy gif. Frank never entered a convo back even a jokey one. Says my Wini/Derry anon theory is flakey but it is day one. Asks for theories on Steve munch and Regan & Desmond bomb targets. Asks Nigel about Flagg/bomb not detonating. Now this is why I’m leaning bad. It’s always assumed that a person who possibly calls out another as a wolf won’t be munched (if that person they actually called out is a wolf) as it brings heat onto them. In 3 of his 4 posts, Steve is gunning for Frank. Could the wolves have done so in a double bluff kinda way? Now thinks Emily has set him up as she said Steve only had 3 posts when he does have 4. Thinks Regan made a mistake posting on thread instead of backroom. But I like Regan’s tone in their responses.

Neutral

Gabriel - apart from asking me what about Wini & Derry (and after I’ve already explained my reasoning) there’s a whole lotta nothing in their posts.

Katie - 2 posts. Meh.

Desmond - not much to say about him tbh. Has a bomb attached now.

Jake - wants to shoot me I think for my quoting of the stand. Understandable. Babs wants to lynch Jake to which he replies not if he’s munch first. Asks Regan what they said in deleted post. 3 posts so I’ve no read.

Barbara - first post wants to lynch Jake. 2nd post says Isla pocketing Jake. 3rd post mentions Jake by name again. 4th post says not diffusing bomb is a bad idea which I’d agree with. That’s it. Staying in neutral pile for now.

Gertrude - thought the bomb planting was gonna work off a coin toss. I must ask her why she thought that. Gertrude, why you thought that? Asks me about Wini and Derry and gets where I’m coming from but asks why I didn’t include Riona. Why would I? Asking if we shouldn’t diffuse bomb at all on the off chance of TCM putting real bomb on Flagg. I don’t like this idea. Says if the SK has the ability to strap bomb to themselves then it’s Regan. Gertie in neutral till I work them out some more.

Phil - couple of posts. Questions the Regan and Patrick gifs and if they are Flagg/Nadine. Do they already know each other or do they have to find each other. I must check that. If they know each other, I don’t think there’s anything to read into with those gifs, Phil. You’re neutral right now.

Clodagh - not much posted so here she stays for now.

Senan - says he’d lynch me for asking for who’d we’d lynch in a right here right now after only a few pages. Fair enough. Discusses bomber with Clodagh. Notices a post by Regan that they believe was meant for backroom. I’m not convinced but can see why they think that. That’s it. Can’t put into any other puke as they’re gone from thread again.

Mary - one post. Transfer from angus account due to login issues.

Brendan - asks wendy why she didn’t include SK in her post to Isla. Thinks that Isla”s “friends post” means nothing at this stage in game. Thinks me posting quotes for a task is unlikely and he is correct to think that. Brings up TCM strapping bomb to themselves and then trying to get lynched. I don’t agree with this as a part of win conditions at all at all. Says senseless gigging isn’t a good look on day one. Says to forget the SK strapping bomb to themselves for now and concentrate on the part re dangerous end. I agree this is the most important part. Dunno what to make of Brenny Boy right now.

Patrick - gifs of Patrick right before munch. Gifs of Patrick to Regan’s Demi Levato gifs. Just Gifs. Bringing too much attention to be a wolf I think but not one written word posted yet so has to stay neutral.

Leaning Bad
    Winifred - the post about anon posts appears to me to be saying something for the sake of starting a conversation and coupled with ......

Derry - her post after Winifreds seems false as though this was a backroom chat between them on what to discuss on thread. Other few posts she has aren’t telling.

Oisín - 4 posts - evening greeting, morning greeting, asks Riona to expand on their vibe about Senan. Asks me two posts later what do I want to talk about Re: Wini & Derry. Then nothing. Riona hasn’t responded to Oisín but I did about 20 mins after he asked. Why not engage in a convo with me?

Wendy - takes what Isla said about not wanting to be friends with anyone and runs with it. Makes a strange post after munch/bombs asking are Flagg and TCM working together. Regan/Patrick gifs - thinks it would be stupid of baddy team to gif each other like that. But says they may want us to think that. Keeps both theories open. I’m not a fan of Wendy’s post right now so have to put her into leaning bad pile

Think that’s it. Henry and Orla to post. If I have missed anyone, let me know.
    Please bear in mind these are my ramblings and I’m really bad at posting read list.

Damn it. Frank, you’re in the leaning bad list. Soz.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Gertrude - thought the bomb planting was gonna work off a coin toss. I must ask her why she thought that. Gertrude, why you thought that? Asks me about Wini and Derry and gets where I’m coming from but asks why I didn’t include Riona. Why would I? Asking if we shouldn’t diffuse bomb at all on the off chance of TCM putting real bomb on Flagg. I don’t like this idea. Says if the SK has the ability to strap bomb to themselves then it’s Regan. Gertie in neutral till I work them out some more.

I thought that the bomb going off or not would work on a system of chance based on the way similar mechanics have worked in the past. The way OP was worded made me think they may have more than two to post. Probably a misreading on my part. As to why you'd include Riona in the whole "anon accounts confuse me" being agreed as a topic of convo for the thread in the Wolf BR then why not include her?

Also to clarify, I don't think it's necessarily Regan as the SK, just mean if it's a choice between Regan and Des, I'd lean Regan as SK because a) they mentioned the SK early on and b) the post about it being a ballsy move.

Gertrude, run your question about Riona by me again. I don’t think I’m understanding you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lynch at 9pm. Reminder that if any player wishes to submit flavour for the lynch send myself or Green&Red a PM.

Advertisement