Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Regan WW wrote: »
    I'm the one with the actual bomb tied to me. Yours is a dud.

While this makes me happy if true, how the absolute fuch could you know...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I've voted Wendy because their Regan des theory seems forced. I don't see much else tbh. Granted I did a read back rather than read live.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I am an honest villager Officer, I bit nobody any harm. Has any wolves passed by?

You dobbing in your fellow mates so soon?

Hi Nigel.

I believe you have a typo in the first line there and you are not going around biting prople. How was this sentence supposed to go, if you could have edited it?

Is Regan the sk? That's the only way you could know Regan....is it not?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    I've voted Wendy because their Regan des theory seems forced. I don't see much else tbh. Granted I did a read back rather than read live.

Regan is clearly a new player who trying to understand the rules. I think they think gat I'm the bomber now and that I put a bomb on me and on them. Then tomorrow I'll put a bomb on me and say Orla and the next day on me and on Gertrude.

Takes a bit to get to grips with how complicated and nuanced the game is.

Also please someone diffuse my bomb. Or Regan's but don't let one of us die.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Hello. Apologies for the delay in posting. I read the PM from Necro in my sleep and forgot... Only saw the game on my desktop a few minutes ago. Sorry!!

Not caught up yet.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Reads list, going from most to least suspicious.
    Emily WW Has used exact words 'make a stand twice'. Weird thing with Steve's quotes. Suggests shooting 2nd target of bombs. Did pull up Brendan re angling for lynch comment. Angling for a wagon? Slight wolf

Katie WW Made comment about Steve being targetted for tree-shaking. V similar to Brendan's comment about cage rattling. Not sure I agree with either of them. Trying to steer conversation?

Brendan WW Focused on mechanics, but so was I. Narrative that Steve was cage rattling but in context, Steve wasn't more than anyone else. Soft defense of Isla.

Gabriel WW Used 'make a stand' once. Other than that, nada.

Frank WW Caught Emily's thing with Steve but felt a bit forced. Could have been plan to 'catch' her out. Manufactured conflict?

Riona WW 1 Post Wonder. Shades Senan in that one.

Phil WW Slightly shading Regan and Patrick re: gif exchange.

Isla WW Very little to go on. Accused by Babs of pocketing. Brendan 'defended' her but accusation was weak.

Patrick WW All gifs all the time.

Jake WW 3 posts. No substance

Derry WW 4 Posts. Not much there. Accused by Eva.

Mary WW 1 Post Wonder

Oisin WW 4 Posts. Asked Riona about Senan vibe, no follow up.

Orla WW Late starter. Spotted Regan's comment about living to see another day but no follow up.

Barbara WW Not a lot to go on. Matter of fact

Clodagh WW Not much to go on.

Senan WW Not much to go on. Shaded by Isla. Neutral

Wendy WW Not much, asking questions.

Winifred WW Seems sensible but not much to go on.

Regan WW Highest poster. Targeted by TCM Day 1. Made 'live to see another day' and comment about who has real bomb. More suspicious than Des but less suspicious than others.

Desmond WW Targeted by TCM Day 1, has asked to be defused but casually.

Nigel WW Seems to be paying attention. Slight village.

Eva WW Started with quotes from 2 different characters. Paying attention and posted reads list.Strongest Lean Vil for now

Henry WW Hasn't posted.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Evening all How ye doing

Eva WW wrote: »
    Gertrude, run your question about Riona by me again. I don’t think I’m understanding you.

Was trying to get reads finished..

So, when you originally brought up the whole "Let's pretend we don't know anon accounts" as a wolf plan concocted in the BR you seemed to say only Wini & Derry were suspect. I asked why not include Riona as she was the first to say it. I'll be honest, I don't really agree with your theory (though I think having a theory early on is good as it promotes discussion) but I was wondering why you wouldn't include Riona who was the first to say they didn't know who was who.

Make sense?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    Hi Nigel.

I believe you have a typo in the first line there and you are not going around biting prople. How was this sentence supposed to go, if you could have edited it?

Ah fook, not the best typo.

Meant I bid nobody any harm.

• Advertisement

only 6 pages not a lot to catch up on
    slow day considering

Henry WW wrote: »
    Hello. Apologies for the delay in posting. I read the PM from Necro in my sleep and forgot... Only saw the game on my desktop a few minutes ago. Sorry!!

Not caught up yet.

Welcome Henry. Ye've ruined my whole Henry hasn't posted section of my reads list.

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Why not the SK either? Seems like a lone sort of figure, that's who I would have thought of going by Isla's post.

Anyway...a wolf coming out and saying 'I don't want to make friends with any of ye' might be a bit too on the nose. Isla posting that later in the game might be weird, but now could just be N0 fluffy stuff.

This is quiet a pockety post. Must read brendan in isolation.

First one is from Glen Bateman and it's a great quote.

It might be an unlikely task though, if there are tasks: "Try to sneak this huge quote into a post" :D

Another pocketing post, cant help yourself?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

I have WFH duties, thankfully though 6pm is good enough to call it a day.
    Regan actually has a point here. We need to pick up the pace of posting a bit, it's all a little too easy for the wolves rn. Hopefully evening will mean people have a bit more time.

According to my list, Henry is the only player who hasn't posted at this point but we only have 6 players on 10 or more posts. That's pretty quiet.

Agree. It's gone from me being happy that there wasn't hundreds of posts to catch up on whenever I come back, to now thinking that it's just too quiet in here. Can't really complain too much as I'm not exactly pushing up those numbers myself, but I am surprised that I'm not in a minority of low posters.

Eva WW wrote: »
    thoughts so far

Brendan - asks wendy why she didn’t include SK in her post to Isla. Thinks that Isla”s “friends post” means nothing at this stage in game. Thinks me posting quotes for a task is unlikely and he is correct to think that. Brings up TCM strapping bomb to themselves and then trying to get lynched. I don’t agree with this as a part of win conditions at all at all. Says senseless gigging isn’t a good look on day one. Says to forget the SK strapping bomb to themselves for now and concentrate on the part re dangerous end. I agree this is the most important part. Dunno what to make of Brenny Boy right now.

I corrected someone early on this but just in case you missed it - I never suggested that the one-off bomb will lead to him winning the game, or anything about the win conditions. This is what I mean...

Brendan WW wrote:
    'All associated' makes me think that whoever votes for TCM's bomb target, if the target is lynched, the voters will go boom.

I'm not suggesting at all that TCM can win the game with this one-off bomb, just take out a large chunk of the village/wolves with it.

You agree that the important part is to concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb, so what do you make of it yourself? Do you agree with my idea above?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

As for my own lynch vote, I'm keeping that to myself for now, for a couple of reasons...

1) There's fúck all to go on so far, and it would be very easy to present or start a bandwagon for someone to hop on now.

2) With this wolf vote manipulator in play, I want to give the wolves as little ability to use that power as possible. Not giving them a signal of which way the lynch is likely to go is probably a good way to tackle this.

I have WFH duties, thankfully though 6pm is good enough to call it a day.

I corrected someone early on this but just in case you missed it - I never suggested that the one-off bomb will lead to him winning the game, or anything about the win conditions. This is what I mean...

You agree that the important part is to concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb, so what do you make of it yourself? Do you agree with my idea above?

Yea WFH can be strangely taxing. On the whole One-Off Bomb, yes, I agree that what you describe is what it means. I always thought that but the way you raised the point did seem to imply that TCM was going to strap it to himself and then try to get lynched. I was the one who questioned you about it.

Desmond WW wrote:
    Regan is clearly a new player who trying to understand the rules. I think they think gat I'm the bomber now and that I put a bomb on me and on them. Then tomorrow I'll put a bomb on me and say Orla and the next day on me and on Gertrude.

Oh right. I didn't get that :p
    Katie WW Made comment about Steve being targetted for tree-shaking. V similar to Brendan's comment about cage rattling. Not sure I agree with either of them. Trying to steer conversation?

Or...you know....That's what his posts looked like.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Hello it is I Steve. The great and powerful, let's lynch Frank look at the state of him at this hour.

the only reason i think steve was munched, they thought this was some sort of soft role claim 'the great and powerful'.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Easy ISO on Steve.

4 Posts, 3 jibes at Frank being a wolf & one at Emma. Looks to be early game tree shaking, unless he struck it lucky with the tree he grabbed.

If I were a wolf, I'd target someone jibing at anyone random, in an attempt to push focus to said random. Makes me lean Frank good at this early stage.

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    Can we just kill frank, once frank is dead i'll be happy obvious wolf is obvious

wonder why steve was so hard after frank?

If I were a wolf, I'd target someone jibing at anyone random, in an attempt to push focus to said random. Makes me lean Frank good at this early stage.

Sorry, not Frank = good. Frank = not wolf.

Damn no editing rule!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

"Wendy - takes what Isla said about not wanting to be friends with anyone and runs with it. Makes a strange post after munch/bombs asking are Flagg and TCM working together. Regan/Patrick gifs - thinks it would be stupid of baddy team to gif each other like that. But says they may want us to think that. Keeps both theories open. I’m not a fan of Wendy’s post right now so have to put her into leaning bad pile"

I did. I thought it was a strange comment for Isla to make because in my head Boulder people should stick together.
    Yep. Maybe because I've read the book and know TCM has a hard on for Randall. I was wondering if maybe there was something a foot.
    And also yep. It is weird for a baddy team to act obvious but its also a possible ploy.

It's been quiet the last two days and I'm doing my best to contribute and come up with some kind of theories. Truth is I haven't a notion.

Green&Red wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCEMENT:

Both Regan WW and Desmond WW have had bombs strapped to them. One is real and one is fake.

Unless defused by 9pm the real bomb will explode.

wonder what the defuser is thinking. at least he has the backroom to confer with

Frank WW wrote: »
    source.gif
    Frank WW wrote: »
    Hmm, not much to go on but it’s day 0 of WW after day 3 of corona lockdown so suppose it is what it is....

Never seen the stand, is it any good?

Seen a lot of King stuff (most I really enjoy), is it worth a watch?

Those were Frank's only pre-munch posts (i think). So makes me think Steve was just doing a bit of tree shaking

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    the only reason i think steve was munched, they thought this was some sort of soft role claim 'the great and powerful'.

Or it was just some random munch. Remember the wolves know each other. They could have picked Steve based on nothing more than a "sure we might as well".

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    wonder why steve was so hard after frank?

May have been just random like Wini said and it was early. Only 6 pages in but quite a lot to digest imo.

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Or it was just some random munch. Remember the wolves know each other. They could have picked Steve based on nothing more than a "sure we might as well".

Wolves will be looking for a roled goody, or trying to shift focus away from themselves. Random munch would be uncommon. My point about randomness was they munch Steve as he was throwing shade at Frank, to maybe make us look at Frank.

Wobbly theory, but only thing I've picked up so far

Thought: Eva and Gerty trying to be *too* helpful

• Advertisement

Ah fook, not the best typo.

Meant I bid nobody any harm.

Freudian slip maybe and sure depending on how you say it bid can sound like bit

Advertisement