Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King's The Stand - Werewolf

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Posting a reads list isnt being too helpful it's doing what we should all be doing.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    thoughts so far

Leaning Good
    Emily - Their posts on Sunday regarding not being able to vote yet raised a few eyebrows. In a game where everyone is paranoid and you can be lynched early for the flimsiest if reasons, I don’t believe it would be a smart move for either the wolf team or SK to bring negative attention on themselves.

Nigel - shakes a branch with Derry asking are they sobbing their teammates in. I don’t think Derry ever responded nor did Nigel raise the question again. Asks me about my quotes. Pulls Wendy up on one of her posts. Discusses with Emily her shoot whoever’s not dead by bomb idea.
    So far, I’m leaning good.

Isla - knows I’m quoting from books in a response from hake saying to shoot me. Prods Babs who says “let’s lynch jake” by saying “let’s lynch you Babs. Babs says she’s pocketing Jake. She replies she doesn’t want to make friends. Wendy picks up on this querying why she doesn’t want to stick together (Babs thanks this post). Babs reaffirms her pocketing claim by replying to Wendy. Isla queries Wendy re her sticking together post. Isla replies back she was being sarcastic.
    I like Isla (so far) and the tone of her responses.

Regan - Says they are a long time lurker. Says SK has a job on their hands. Asks what pocketing means. Made post in their own name and deleted it. 50/50 chance they have a real bomb attached. Asks Emily to run through their shoot the one with a bomb attached idea. I dunno what their IRONCLAD (in response to Emily) post means. People querying his Giffing to and fro. I see no issue with it.
    So far, I just see a new player that’s lurked but know the gist of the game. They are having fun and none of their posts seem forced.

Frank - Steve (munched) had jokingly said to lynch frank as frank had posted a buddy gif. Frank never entered a convo back even a jokey one. Says my Wini/Derry anon theory is flakey but it is day one. Asks for theories on Steve munch and Regan & Desmond bomb targets. Asks Nigel about Flagg/bomb not detonating. Now this is why I’m leaning bad. It’s always assumed that a person who possibly calls out another as a wolf won’t be munched (if that person they actually called out is a wolf) as it brings heat onto them. In 3 of his 4 posts, Steve is gunning for Frank. Could the wolves have done so in a double bluff kinda way? Now thinks Emily has set him up as she said Steve only had 3 posts when he does have 4. Thinks Regan made a mistake posting on thread instead of backroom. But I like Regan’s tone in their responses.

Neutral

Gabriel - apart from asking me what about Wini & Derry (and after I’ve already explained my reasoning) there’s a whole lotta nothing in their posts.

Katie - 2 posts. Meh.

Desmond - not much to say about him tbh. Has a bomb attached now.

Jake - wants to shoot me I think for my quoting of the stand. Understandable. Babs wants to lynch Jake to which he replies not if he’s munch first. Asks Regan what they said in deleted post. 3 posts so I’ve no read.

Barbara - first post wants to lynch Jake. 2nd post says Isla pocketing Jake. 3rd post mentions Jake by name again. 4th post says not diffusing bomb is a bad idea which I’d agree with. That’s it. Staying in neutral pile for now.

Gertrude - thought the bomb planting was gonna work off a coin toss. I must ask her why she thought that. Gertrude, why you thought that? Asks me about Wini and Derry and gets where I’m coming from but asks why I didn’t include Riona. Why would I? Asking if we shouldn’t diffuse bomb at all on the off chance of TCM putting real bomb on Flagg. I don’t like this idea. Says if the SK has the ability to strap bomb to themselves then it’s Regan. Gertie in neutral till I work them out some more.

Phil - couple of posts. Questions the Regan and Patrick gifs and if they are Flagg/Nadine. Do they already know each other or do they have to find each other. I must check that. If they know each other, I don’t think there’s anything to read into with those gifs, Phil. You’re neutral right now.

Clodagh - not much posted so here she stays for now.

Senan - says he’d lynch me for asking for who’d we’d lynch in a right here right now after only a few pages. Fair enough. Discusses bomber with Clodagh. Notices a post by Regan that they believe was meant for backroom. I’m not convinced but can see why they think that. That’s it. Can’t put into any other puke as they’re gone from thread again.

Mary - one post. Transfer from angus account due to login issues.

Brendan - asks wendy why she didn’t include SK in her post to Isla. Thinks that Isla”s “friends post” means nothing at this stage in game. Thinks me posting quotes for a task is unlikely and he is correct to think that. Brings up TCM strapping bomb to themselves and then trying to get lynched. I don’t agree with this as a part of win conditions at all at all. Says senseless gigging isn’t a good look on day one. Says to forget the SK strapping bomb to themselves for now and concentrate on the part re dangerous end. I agree this is the most important part. Dunno what to make of Brenny Boy right now.

Patrick - gifs of Patrick right before munch. Gifs of Patrick to Regan’s Demi Levato gifs. Just Gifs. Bringing too much attention to be a wolf I think but not one written word posted yet so has to stay neutral.

Leaning Bad
    Winifred - the post about anon posts appears to me to be saying something for the sake of starting a conversation and coupled with ......

Derry - her post after Winifreds seems false as though this was a backroom chat between them on what to discuss on thread. Other few posts she has aren’t telling.

Oisín - 4 posts - evening greeting, morning greeting, asks Riona to expand on their vibe about Senan. Asks me two posts later what do I want to talk about Re: Wini & Derry. Then nothing. Riona hasn’t responded to Oisín but I did about 20 mins after he asked. Why not engage in a convo with me?

Wendy - takes what Isla said about not wanting to be friends with anyone and runs with it. Makes a strange post after munch/bombs asking are Flagg and TCM working together. Regan/Patrick gifs - thinks it would be stupid of baddy team to gif each other like that. But says they may want us to think that. Keeps both theories open. I’m not a fan of Wendy’s post right now so have to put her into leaning bad pile

Think that’s it. Henry and Orla to post. If I have missed anyone, let me know.
    Please bear in mind these are my ramblings and I’m really bad at posting read list.
    Reads list, going from most to least suspicious.
    Emily WW Has used exact words 'make a stand twice'. Weird thing with Steve's quotes. Suggests shooting 2nd target of bombs. Did pull up Brendan re angling for lynch comment. Angling for a wagon? Slight wolf

Katie WW Made comment about Steve being targetted for tree-shaking. V similar to Brendan's comment about cage rattling. Not sure I agree with either of them. Trying to steer conversation?

Brendan WW Focused on mechanics, but so was I. Narrative that Steve was cage rattling but in context, Steve wasn't more than anyone else. Soft defense of Isla.

Gabriel WW Used 'make a stand' once. Other than that, nada.

Frank WW Caught Emily's thing with Steve but felt a bit forced. Could have been plan to 'catch' her out. Manufactured conflict?

Riona WW 1 Post Wonder. Shades Senan in that one.

Phil WW Slightly shading Regan and Patrick re: gif exchange.

Isla WW Very little to go on. Accused by Babs of pocketing. Brendan 'defended' her but accusation was weak.

Patrick WW All gifs all the time.

Jake WW 3 posts. No substance

Derry WW 4 Posts. Not much there. Accused by Eva.

Mary WW 1 Post Wonder

Oisin WW 4 Posts. Asked Riona about Senan vibe, no follow up.

Orla WW Late starter. Spotted Regan's comment about living to see another day but no follow up.

Barbara WW Not a lot to go on. Matter of fact

Clodagh WW Not much to go on.

Senan WW Not much to go on. Shaded by Isla. Neutral

Wendy WW Not much, asking questions.

Winifred WW Seems sensible but not much to go on.

Regan WW Highest poster. Targeted by TCM Day 1. Made 'live to see another day' and comment about who has real bomb. More suspicious than Des but less suspicious than others.

Desmond WW Targeted by TCM Day 1, has asked to be defused but casually.

Nigel WW Seems to be paying attention. Slight village.

Eva WW Started with quotes from 2 different characters. Paying attention and posted reads list.Strongest Lean Vil for now

Henry WW Hasn't posted.

sorry for quoting 2 long posts. if one of these is bad, i would hazard a guess the other is as well.

2 mad long posts in quick succession. possibly something they discussed in the back room

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Ok, so catching up.

Steve dies, and other than saying he wants rid of Frank, no real reason.

We have a bomb and a dud attached to Des and Regan. I think it was Regan who thinks they have the real bomb. Has been posting poetry and making other strange looking posts. Maybe a task to help decide who has the real bomb or not?

Patrick is only speaking in Gif, gives him a more wolf lean as it is not helping the village at all and is only a distraction.

Emily quoting from the book, had to google the lines to see what it was. Have not read this book of Kings and no idea what it is about really.

I don't have too much to go on for tonight, my only one would be towards Patrick.

Been so much fluff really that I can't see much else.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Note: Lynch at 9pm. We would also like to remind players of the minimum posting requirements which run from munch to munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Posting a reads list isnt being too helpful it's doing what we should all be doing.

Not attacking you Gerty, its something to think about. A reads list is really helpful. But after Day 0 fluff and a quiet Day 1, with virtually nothing to go on, it may look helpful... But doesn't actually give us much

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    sorry for quoting 2 long posts. if one of these is bad, i would hazard a guess the other is as well.

2 mad long posts in quick succession. possibly something they discussed in the back room

Or...and I get this is wild...but maybe we are both just attempting to get a reads list done and get some conversation happening. I have Eva as good and I'm team village so in one sense you could be right but honestly, I'm hoping we see more of these long posts where people share there thoughts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    200w.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ8-4zD8CM6R5-q9zU6dPZdyQ2KFyEZw0cCq2TL4E7JhrhC4im4
    tenor.gif

Genuinely nothing but gifs

Not attacking you Gerty, its something to think about. A reads list is really helpful. But after Day 0 fluff and a quiet Day 1, with virtually nothing to go on, it may look helpful... But doesn't actually give us much

You know what, I'm hangry at the moment so my tone is probably coming across as short, but I'm being serious. Reads list don't give us much but they do help because people start talking and sometimes someone else spots something that you didn't which also helps.

TWTBAW play?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Hey guys, just caught up.

I know it's early days, but I got a weird vibe from senan tbh. Obviously I've nothing serious to go on but just wanted it out there.

Other than that, nothing in the first few pages has stood out to me.

I hate early game. Always find it difficult to keep track of so many players.

@gertrude

I didn’t read too much into Riona’s post as she didn’t mention anon. Just keeping track of so many players. I only included her name to show that it was 2 hours till the next post.

Keep it in mind though should my theory amount to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Nope - pretty normal stuff for a WW game

and what conclusion are you reaching because of that? I think its someone having a laugh, trying to get a rise out of someone. If its going to be a justification for your lynch vote, i'd regard that as you looking for an excuse to vote someone which is wolfy behavior. lets remember, the wolves dont really care who they vote to lynch once its not one of their own. as a result wolves usually have weak voting reasons. any ole excuse will do.

now granted, this is day 1 so nothing really to go on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Emily WW wrote: »
    This is quiet a pockety post. Must read brendan in isolation.

I also pointed out that Eva's early long quote from The Stand was unlikely a wolf post for the same reason as I gave for Isla.

Yea WFH can be strangely taxing. On the whole One-Off Bomb, yes, I agree that what you describe is what it means. I always thought that but the way you raised the point did seem to imply that TCM was going to strap it to himself and then try to get lynched. I was the one who questioned you about it.

Yeah I also wondered if TCM could strap the one-off bomb to himself. I think that's fair to bring up for discussion, but the main thing we should be wary of is lynching the booby-trapped person, no matter who it is.

Elsewhere...you say in your readslist that in context Steve's cage-rattling wasn't more than anyone else. He was literally calling for the death of another player from early on, in most of his posts too. That is a bit more cage-rattling than others from what I've read of the early game activity.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Isla WW wrote: »

Patrick is only speaking in Gif, gives him a more wolf lean as it is not helping the village at all and is only a distraction.

Emily quoting from the book, had to google the lines to see what it was. Have not read this book of Kings and no idea what it is about really.

I don't have too much to go on for tonight, my only one would be towards Patrick.

Been so much fluff really that I can't see much else.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRc0pfVKGu0vD3mbJvvRlP2jrKh9rxvkNWnxOPB7wYtfQHVUHqg&usqp=CAU

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

wonder what the defuser is thinking. at least he has the backroom to confer with

He's thinking "I'll defuse Desmond's bomb now in a minute just after I have a lovley cup of tea.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Nope - pretty normal stuff for a WW game

it is normal. but there is usually some discussion before people put up these lists. wait and see i guess

@gertrude

I didn’t read too much into Riona’s post as she didn’t mention anon. Just keeping track of so many players. I only included her name to show that it was 2 hours till the next post.

Keep it in mind though should my theory amount to anything.

That's that cleared up then.

giphy.gif

Brendan WW wrote: »
    I also pointed out that Eva's early long quote from The Stand was unlikely a wolf post for the same reason as I gave for Isla.

Yeah I also wondered if TCM could strap the one-off bomb to himself. I think that's fair to bring up for discussion, but the main thing we should be wary of is lynching the booby-trapped person, no matter who it is.

Elsewhere...you say in your readslist that in context Steve's cage-rattling wasn't more than anyone else. He was literally calling for the death of another player from early on, in most of his posts too. That is a bit more cage-rattling than others from what I've read of the early game activity.

Role hunting? That's what I'd do.

giphy.gif

?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 424 ✭✭Regan WW

I just voted to lynch Desmond.

auto priest will help anyway in the late game

Regan WW wrote: »

thanks for sharing. care to share why?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I corrected someone early on this but just in case you missed it - I never suggested that the one-off bomb will lead to him winning the game, or anything about the win conditions. This is what I mean...

You agree that the important part is to concentrate on the effect of the one-off bomb, so what do you make of it yourself? Do you agree with my idea above?

That’s sound.

I agree that securing the bomb to a player that is lynched will lead to something bad happening to some if not all of those who voted for the lynchee.

What do you think of the timing of placing bomb. Would you say they have to put the order in earlier in the day, is it a night action? Let’s say I’m a dead cert right now for tonight’s lynch, do you think SK has the option to place bomb now, this late in the day?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I'll be voting Eva. With nothing else really to go on, I don't like her trying to throw shade on others, including me, for no real reason.

?

giphy.gif

That’s sound.

I agree that securing the bomb to a player that is lynched will lead to something bad happening to some if not all of those who voted for the lynchee.

What do you think of the timing of placing bomb. Would you say they have to put the order in earlier in the day, is it a night action? Let’s say I’m a dead cert right now for tonight’s lynch, do you think SK has the option to place bomb now, this late in the day?

id say the one off bomb... if that person is lynched all the people who voted for them will also die.

On the booby trap bomb I am assuming that that is in addition to the daily 2 people have a bomb and I'm not sure if we will find out who it is. Worth keeping in mind sure.

As for Steve, both Jake and Babs also 'rattled cages'. Reading back *again* I'm now seeing that he named both Frank and Emily (he actually said Emma but it was in response to Emily) and Emily seemed to try to shade Frank with this later. Interesting.

Regan WW wrote: »

Lol. I'm like the only person defending you in the whole game and I'm the other person with a bomb on them, why pray tell would you think you should vote for me ?
    Do you think that since you are not the bomber that I am ?
    I don't think that's how it's works.

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    I'll be voting Eva. With nothing else really to go on, I don't like her trying to throw shade on others, including me, for no real reason.

throwing shade is good. people might slip up. i don't really see any downside to throwing shade (unless its leads to a seer for eg inadvertently getting lynched).

Advertisement