Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Censorship in aviation Forum

Options
  • 28-03-2020 8:07pm
    Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hello Mods,

I have had three posts deleted in The Aer lingus Fleet discussion thread.

I received no infraction , they were just deleted and the mod PM'd me to inform me of the deletion. There was no foul language, no abuse of another poster and no mis-truths spoken.

It was mild criticism of the airline at best.

I find this process quite bizarre and skirting the lines of censorship. Its a niche forum which would make me suspicious the mod is an employee of the airline or a vested interest.

Id be interested in any feedback and id also like the posts to be put up here by the mod for your perusal and objective opinion. I have nothing to hide.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You are not disputing a card or ban, so moved to Help Desk

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You say the mod PM'd you to mention the posts had been deleted. Did you follow it up with them to confirm why they had been deleted?

• Site Banned Posts: 221 ✭✭SAM SO NITE

Beasty wrote: »
    You are not disputing a card or ban, so moved to Help Desk

Thanks Beasty.

Thats what's bizarre. If they incur no sanction , then leave them up as part of the discourse no? If i re-write them will I be sanctioned? They are either objectionable or not. They are relevant to the forum and the current situation we find ourselves in. The mod might not like what's being said but they can still be factual and valid opinions no?

Hope the turbo sessions are going well ;)

Beasty wrote: »
    You say the mod PM'd you to mention the posts had been deleted. Did you follow it up with them to confirm why they had been deleted?

I did indeed Beasty. Awaiting a response as we speak.

I initiated this thread straight away as I feel he/she is completely offside.
    My posts were civil.

For these posts to be construed as egregious is disproportionate to any policing I've seen on this website.

still no reply from the mod.

• Advertisement

It's not a sensible thing to start a thread here when you are a re-reg of a person who has been banned numerous times initially for trolling across the site and then for repeatedly re-registering while banned

The Coronavirus forum may be taking up a lot of my time, but I'll always find a bit to weed out the re-reg trolls

OP sitebanned, thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement