Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: FaceTime

• 28-03-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I am unable to receive or make FaceTime video calls. The person that I am calling is able to make video calls to other people. I haven't tried other FaceTime users as when I was unable to get through first time, I didn't bother. Everything in the iPad is correct. FaceTime button is on in settings. I've reset network settings and nothing. The FaceTime was working yesterday and the day before and all of a sudden, not working 2day.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Any help welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

leemaree wrote: »
    I am unable to receive or make FaceTime video calls. The person that I am calling is able to make video calls to other people. I haven't tried other FaceTime users as when I was unable to get through first time, I didn't bother. Everything in the iPad is correct. FaceTime button is on in settings. I've reset network settings and nothing. The FaceTime was working yesterday and the day before and all of a sudden, not working 2day.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Any help welcome please.

Not a facetime issue but why not use WhatsApp or Viber for a video call (doesn't solve your issue but might provide a work around)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Not a facetime issue but why not use WhatsApp or Viber for a video call (doesn't solve your issue but might provide a work around)

Yes I do use WhatsApp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Need more info, like what exactly happens when you try to make a call. You'd also need to trying calling someone else to confirm it isn't a problem with just that person.

Need more info, like what exactly happens when you try to make a call. You'd also need to trying calling someone else to confirm it isn't a problem with just that person.

When I try to make a call it says it's connecting and then nothing. Well, the person that I'm calling, I don't think it's that person as she called someone else and fine. The iPad I'm using is Apple iPad Air 10.5" (if that's any use) and the software version is 13.4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

• Advertisement

Indeed it does. Thanks for this. I was chatting with apple support and they deny it's because of this. I kept saying it was working a few days ago before I updated and kept saying no no. But it has to be cause of this

I assume the other person has an older device, in which case you should be able to make FaceTime calls fine to other people.

I assume the other person has an older device, in which case you should be able to make FaceTime calls fine to other people.

Yeah the other person has an old iPad Air. I can't not make facetime to her or anyone. It is defo because I upgrade to 13.4. I have an iPad Air (3rd generation)

Advertisement