Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCN Takeaways Still Operating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

Pomodorino in Swords back open doing takeaway from tonight or delivery via Deliveroo. Thanks for the info all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

I ordered from Fingal Café at around 2pm today for a 5:45 delivery and it got cancelled at 17:09 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

That's bad form, and these are the things we'll remember when the world is back to normal.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I've pretty much given up on takeaways - the ones I like best are either closed or outside a 2km radius.

Started a list of places to go when things get back to normal instead!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Oh the Post Pandemic list is growing by the day :D

• Advertisement

Don't want to drag us off topic but maybe we should have a separate thread for stuff in DCN we're looking forward to.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Empoli back delivering on justeat.ie last night. Highly recommend their Calzone with some Jalapenos to spice it up, not too doughy, very well cooked, nice level of spice. If in case they are stuck Fabio's also do a very decent Calzone, though not quite as good as Empoli's but very little in it, again add some Jalapenós for that additional kick.

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Don't want to drag us off topic but maybe we should have a separate thread for stuff in DCN we're looking forward to.

Great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I'm probably shooting myself in the foot here because I won't get one when I want one next..... :D but Moti Mahal Indian in Balbriggan is delivering. Well they were up until last weekend. They are on JustEat.

The bonus is their food is fabulous (although I did think the portions last week were a bit smaller than usual).

The Old School House takeaway is up and running, they're taking orders from 3pm.

https://order.theoldschoolhouse.ie/?fbclid=IwAR3GzlSym2xsC2yqDnbGdvuZtM7ZO1g0not2nH3qnBuQG0AIg6caQ37yt0c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

got pomodorino at weekend. was savage.
    hopefully wasn't a once off opening for BH weekend.

had to collect.

Interesting idea from the Graingers Swords Manor Inn, tempted to give it a try on Sunday, save on the cooking and the price will be about the same anyways. Let me know your thoughts!
    I6SadG1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭PCros

Inquitus wrote: »
    Interesting idea from the Graingers Swords Manor Inn, tempted to give it a try on Sunday, save on the cooking and the price will be about the same anyways. Let me know your thoughts!

Just don't go over any speed bumps...gravy everywhere!:D:D

Inquitus wrote: »

Oh I'd love that! Sometimes you just want "ordinary" food to take away :)

We ordered from Ruby’s earlier and were expecting it to be below their usual standards due the travel but it was absolutely delicious and piping hot when it arrived, fair play to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

Oh I'd love that! Sometimes you just want "ordinary" food to take away :)

100%. Especially on a Sunday if you're hungover and just want a big comfy dinner but dont want to leave your house :)

Shred wrote: »
    We ordered from Ruby’s earlier and were expecting it to be below their usual standards due the travel but it was absolutely delicious and piping hot when it arrived, fair play to them!

Same when we got it last week, it was amazing.

I heard Tony's chipper might be re-opening with a limit of 3 in the shop at a time? If true, you'd expect there'll be a queue outside at times and it's hard to see how that's going to pan out on weekends with the queue for Aldi stretching down to Peacock's too...hopefully they can make it work though as I'd hate to see it going under.

Yes it reopened today and they're doing deliveries too. According to a post on the Rivervalley FB page:
    On behalf of Guilano at Tony’s super takeaway
    I’ve been asked to announce

• re opening Thursday 16th April
    • open 2pm until 10pm
    • delivery service from 5pm until 10pm
    • please allow up to 45 min for delivery at busy periods
    •call in your order for collection also
    • phone 01 8406538
    •max 3 people in shop at all times to adhere to covid guidelines
    •I’m sure many people be glad Of a bag of chips ��

Shaker & Vine will be up and running from tomorrow too - details on their FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/shakerandvineswords/

• Advertisement

Yes it reopened today and they're doing deliveries too. According to a post on the Rivervalley FB page:

Sound thanks, junior will be delighted!

Had GFP Swords last night, limited menu, but arrived piping hot and as delicious as normal, they deliver wine and beer too which is always handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Shred wrote: »
    I heard Tony's chipper might be re-opening with a limit of 3 in the shop at a time? If true, you'd expect there'll be a queue outside at times and it's hard to see how that's going to pan out on weekends with the queue for Aldi stretching down to Peacock's too...hopefully they can make it work though as I'd hate to see it going under.

Its the new norm, they have to make it work or they will be asked to shut down collection only.
    TBH Tony's has kinda gone downhill over the years, the portions are terrible.

I haven't been to Tony's in years, they never seemed to expand the menu like most other chippers.

Ruby's are now selling meal kits. They're also having a flash sale - €75 vouchers for €50.

https://rubys.ie/shop/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Does anyone know if Jade Palace Chinese in Applewood is open?

Stheno wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Jade Palace Chinese in Applewood is open?

According to their website, it is shut for the foreseeable. Which I find surprising, as I would have thought most of their revenue came from delivery, I have only eaten in there once or twice in 10 years.

https://www.jadepalace.ie/

E9Q41yc.png

There were people in Sanuk earlier so looks like they're open again.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭The Davestator

BKWDR wrote: »
    Its the new norm, they have to make it work or they will be asked to shut down collection only.
    TBH Tony's has kinda gone downhill over the years, the portions are terrible.

Couldn't agree more. Absolutely tiny portions for the same money as other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Lin Kee Swords is back open for deliveries and (mostly) all is alright with the world :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Is Borza in Kinsealy still open?

Advertisement