Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Support for teachers?

Options
  • 29-03-2020 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how teachers are finding support from management during this time? We have had a few nice emails and a phone call to ‘check in’ with us.
    However leaning to teach online is extremely time consuming, as is creating resources. As management in my school don’t teach, I doubt they realize how difficult it is to correct work online, reply to so many student emails and queries and keep track of who has or has not submitted work. Particularly with children in the home also.
    I don’t really know how else management could help us with this task , but wondering how others are finding the support from management?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

It's a very difficult situation. Teachers need to be supported and helped. Likewise, management is in unchartered waters too.
    There's a few red herrings too. What about the parent who says Mr. Murphy is doing nothing? Is it because Johnny isn't bothered trying and using it as an excuse. Is Mr. Murphy doing nothing? Or maybe next to nothing but a bare minimum? Is it akin to getting your class to do their homework while you read the paper?
    And how do you recognise the achievements by vast majority of teachers who have stepped up to the mark and exceeded expectations? And not be annoyed by some schools as a whole who are doing nothing.
    I think it's comforting that management is calling in once it's to support regularly without taking up unnecessary amounts of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Communication from the Dept of Education in general has been pathetic
    I said that last night in the general thread
    My wife’s work and sons college are not only giving regular communications but those communications actually recognize the impact this is having on the person and offering helpful advice etc
    As for the teaching council ........

Advertisement