Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Club 2019 Ps4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Got myself a PS4 Friday so going to get this game now to join in, "The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR" I presume this is the one? €14.99?

Yeah that's the one.

I picked it up for that price thanks to the recommendation here. It's an enjoyable game, with an enormous amount of courses to play. I enjoy the technicality of it, although the putting mechanics are terrible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Cheers. Do you need Playstation plus to play online?

Also, can i buy it on my computer here and then download it to the PS4 later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Cheers. Do you need Playstation plus to play online?

Also, can i buy it on my computer here and then download it to the PS4 later on?
    I think you need Playstation Plus for playing online or playing any user-made courses but I'm not certain on that. You can definitely play the offline PGA Tour mode without PS Plus.

Here's a link to the Golf Club on the Playstation Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP1001-CUSA13774_00-THEGOLFCLUB3HBST

If you just log in with our PS account then you can buy on the PC and download on the PS4 later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

I don't think you need PS plus to play the user made courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

I say it could be some crack with Skytrak...

I am just wondering why the PGA pros didn't use TGC or WGC with trackman to run a tournament... Just for the fun of it and charity... It would be actual live sport...

• Advertisement

az1234 wrote: »
    I think you need Playstation Plus for playing online or playing any user-made courses but I'm not certain on that. You can definitely play the offline PGA Tour mode without PS Plus.

Here's a link to the Golf Club on the Playstation Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP1001-CUSA13774_00-THEGOLFCLUB3HBST

If you just log in with our PS account then you can buy on the PC and download on the PS4 later.

cheers thanks, downloading it now.

cheers thanks, downloading it now.

Not easy play!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

CowboyTed wrote: »
    I say it could be some crack with Skytrak...

I am just wondering why the PGA pros didn't use TGC or WGC with trackman to run a tournament... Just for the fun of it and charity... It would be actual live sport...

Trackman comes with its own simulation software that leaves TGC miles behind. The ball physics in TGC when connected to a launch monitor are a joke. The only ones worth looking at are E6, CreativeGolf unfortunately since Trackman bought Perfect Golf you can only get that on Trackman

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Downloading this game now, will be interesting to play some of the Irish courses. Pity internet is ceap, will take manage to download

Bit late for some of ye now, but The Golf Club 2 is only €2.99 on the Playstation Store and has all the same features as the first as far as i can see, I was even able to join the boards.ie society on it last night. I downloaded both but wouldn't have bothered with the first one if i had known.

I'll have a search for "Irelands Own" society tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bit late for some of ye now, but The Golf Club 2 is only €2.99 on the Playstation Store and has all the same features as the first as far as i can see, I was even able to join the boards.ie society on it last night. I downloaded both but wouldn't have bothered with the first one if i had known.

I'll have a search for "Irelands Own" society tonight

I saw that and wondering what it was. Is it the newer version of the game or an add-on?

Trackman comes with its own simulation software that leaves TGC miles behind. The ball physics in TGC when connected to a launch monitor are a joke. The only ones worth looking at are E6, CreativeGolf unfortunately since Trackman bought Perfect Golf you can only get that on Trackman

Trackman is number one but it seems to work with all the simulation software

https://golfsimulatorforum.com/forum/trackman/230125-trackman-4-now-working-with-tgc2019-with-both-tps-6-3-and-tps-7-installed

Which software is better I presume goes down to preference. I don't know Perfect Golf that well.

Anyway I was surprised the pros didn't have an online contest, considering the money in golf it would have been relatively easy to set up...

Mushy wrote: »
    I saw that and wondering what it was. Is it the newer version of the game or an add-on?

Newer version... The courses created in TGC2 could be upgrade by the designer for TGC 2019... 2019 is the one at the moment...

This the best courses:
    Ireland : Tralee (RCD very good)
    Real : Firethorn National(Augusta)
    Fictional : Hopeshire

Overall : Hopeshire

Joined the Ireland’s Own society there now lads.

Now to see if this (or me) is any worse than the second one!!

Balls you need credits to play in it

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭roverjoyce

There isnt very much to Adare on this
    Feels like every other US parkland

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

roverjoyce wrote: »
    There isnt very much to Adare on this
    Feels like every other US parkland

It’s good to the new Adare - very parkland-ish

Crikey I really struggled in Portrush!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Anyone know if this is still expensive on the xbox?

Also, for those asking why The Golf Club doesn't feature players from the PGA Tour, I think this explains it. The PGA Tour are releasing their own game this August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Same company releasing it, looks like a minor upgrade with a rebrand.

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Same company releasing it, looks like a minor upgrade with a rebrand.
    But clearly why they didn't add real players in the current game. I'm also wondering was there an agreement with EA sports that's now come to an end?

Hopefully the upgrade will come at a reduced rate for current owners, but that may be a forlorn hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

prawnsambo wrote: »
    But clearly why they didn't add real players in the current game. I'm also wondering was there an agreement with EA sports that's now come to an end?

Hopefully the upgrade will come at a reduced rate for current owners, but that may be a forlorn hope.

Assuming their budget is what prevented them from having real player likenesses. 2K pumping money into it now allows for this.

The EA agreement is 10 years I think, hence why Justin Thomas is the cover athlete and not Tiger/Rory etc.

It will be a full priced game - 2K would not release a 'budget' Sports game.

Player likenesses for Golf Games are different to UFC/Soccer etc. Golf, players are individually contracted - Soccer, a team is contracted and money is dispersed among their players. Similar for UFC with EA.

Don't expect to see McIlroy, DJ, Fowler in this - Anyone in the McIlroy EA game won't be in it for sure. Courses I'm not sure about because the TPC courses were part of the PGA deal which obviously is expired on EA's end. St. Andrews I'm unsure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The graphics are awful for a 2020 game and the swings look as bad as they were in TGC

Surely they can afford to mo cap even a few scratch golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭bren2001

AFAIK there will be 12 pro golfers in the game. JT will be the biggest (hard to be bigger). However, you won't be able to play as these golfers, only play against them in career mode I believe.

Bought it earlier today and really enjoying it. Played a few online matches against lads who were birdieing nearly every hole. I'm starting to get good at it even though I'm only playing it since earlier. I'm sure it might get more difficult when I get into the realms of it.

Also, really enjoyed playing Wicklow. A course I know very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭morrga

Anyone know if this is still expensive on the xbox?

€14.99 if you have gold membership.

morrga wrote: »
    €14.99 if you have gold membership.

Thanks. Got it yesterday and enjoying it.

Advertisement