Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy paint now?

Options
  • 29-03-2020 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking to buy some paint for the shed, with woodies and hardware shops closed due to covid-19 can anyone suggest where to get some? Either bricks and mortar or online store.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

davo2001 wrote: »
    Hi, looking to buy some paint for the shed, with woodies and hardware shops closed due to covid-19 can anyone suggest where to get some? Either bricks and mortar or online store.

TIA.

Lenehans.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Diagonalley

wellwhynot wrote: »
    Lenehans.ie

Lenahans weren’t accepting new orders yesterday or today. Does anyone know of any where else ? I got half the fences painted and have now run out ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Lenahans weren’t accepting new orders yesterday or today. Does anyone know of any where else ? I got half the fences painted and have now run out ☹️
    What part of the country do you live in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Ring a hardware store that delivers coal, ask them for a few bags and some paint

Ring a hardware store that delivers coal, ask them for a few bags and some paint

Tried that yesterday morning with the Co-op and they said No, such a shame as I’ve had the kids out helping and getting fresh air too

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »
    What part of the country do you live in?

I am in Oldcastle, Meath. I am newly appointed driving instructor, since all the lessons were cancelled, so don’t mind driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Mr. Price is still open and they do paint.

Mr. Price is still open and they do paint.

Good tip, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Aldi in Naas had 1Litre white gloss and brushes on Sunday, cant remember seeing other colours or types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Get some rock and ground it down, mix the dust with animal blood.

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »

TIA.

Look up some independent hardware stores in your area and see if they’ll take your order and payment over the phone and deliver it to your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

B&q in newry are doing sales online, then they email you, for collection in the car park. Probably a better selection of paint too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

davo2001 may most probably be in the ROI so you're suggesting driving across a border for paint?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭kerosene

davo2001 may most probably be in the ROI so you're suggesting driving across a border for paint?

Oldcastle wouldn't be much more than 40 mins from newry and he said he was prepared to drive. If you are ever in newry you will find that lots of people cross the border to get anything from their teeth done to the weekly groceries, even on occasions paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,327 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

might be too far of a spin but DIY finglas is still open

And I think i heard either ALDI or Lidl were promoting paint from this Thursday now that Woodies et al are closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Lenahans reopened their website for a bit. They have said they will reopen and close as they deal with their orders so as not to get overwhelmed.
    Wigodors on the Long Mile road is also raking phone orders and delivering.
    The Range is online orders but their postage seems dear at 10 sterling.
    Locally some hardware stores are doing online so check their FB as I have seen various people mention their local

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

might be too far of a spin but DIY finglas is still open

And I think i heard either ALDI or Lidl were promoting paint from this Thursday now that Woodies et al are closed

which one> ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,890 ✭✭✭✭zell12

kerosene wrote: »
    Oldcastle wouldn't be much more than 40 mins from newry and he said he was prepared to drive. If you are ever in newry you will find that lots of people cross the border to get anything from their teeth done to the weekly groceries, even on occasions paint.

I went to see if B&Q ROI were doing the same thing but the website is down due to the amount of people who have been visiting it. Can we presume this means we can order online when they’re up and running again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I am in Oldcastle, Meath. I am newly appointed driving instructor, since all the lessons were cancelled, so don’t mind driving.
    Oh, that's a pity. If you lived in Limerick I could recommend a great place!! It seems many homeowners are redecorating to occupy their time during the current circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Eamonn Ryan might have spare paint & pots

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

chicorytip wrote: »
    Oh, that's a pity. If you lived in Limerick I could recommend a great place!! It seems many homeowners are redecorating to occupy their time during the current circumstances.

where in limerick can you still get paint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Tesco Extra stores normally have DIY goods like paint. Just don't expect a huge range.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

anyone know where in county Galway to get some timber?

I found a couple of Hardware Stores that would sell me paint. The trick is to look on their Facebook page and then email them. They will then arrange a time for you to collect. Don’t bother with any of the Co-ops, as far as I can tell they are all strictly fuel and animal feed. Your independent Topline or similar seems to be the best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Timfy

Lads, I know that a bit of DIY is therapeutic and with the kids at home you have free labour but travelling for paint or timber would not be classed as an essential journey. If you can find it online and have it delivered to your door, all well and good but don't go out unless you are on an essential errand as listed;

- To shop for food or essential household items or collect a meal

- To attend medical appointments or collect medicines and other health products

- For vital family reasons, such as providing care to children, elderly or vulnerable people

- To take brief individual personal exercise within 2km of your own home which may include children from your own household as long as you adhere to two-metre physical distancing

- For farming purposes that is food production and care of animals

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

While I understand what you are saying, there is no logic in opening half a shop. I was at the Co-op getting a gas bottle but they wouldn’t give me a bucket of paint. I can buy a bucket of paint from a shop that also sells groceries so why not a shop that also sells fuel ? If the Co-ops were doing an email and collect service then we wouldn’t be leaving our local area. This is about our mental health as well as our physical health. The Health Minister said 2 weeks would be a big ask, but we are likely to get an extension on this. Having something to do at home is vital. I now have my paint and will not be going anywhere for weeks. The Supermarket is the higher risk place to be, we should be looking at ways to reduce the amount of people in these with delivery services.

Advertisement