Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countries returning faulty masks from China

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭skellig_rocks

They boought them from a dosgy supplier, their foreign minister of spain admited as much

We ordered our PPEs from China Resouces Co. Ltd. It is a large respectable company from China:

?height=400&version=5060859

CHINA Resources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Resources
    China Resources (Chinese: 华润) is a Chinese state-owned conglomerate that owns a variety of businesses in Hong Kong and Mainland China.

According to Fortune Magazine, China Resources was ranked 80th on the 2019 Fortune Global 500 list, improved 63 places since 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

fryup wrote: »
    half the stuff made in China is cheap tat...there only sending the stuff over to make themselves look good

It's as cheap and as good as you want it to be. As has been shown with much of the PPE claims, you try and buy off the listed suppliers to save a buck you could get burnt.

You want high end, you get it, you pay for it, You want cheap , you get that too if thats your budget.

I always find the claims of chinese cheap tat comes down to the Del Boy who makes the order. 99.9% of the time that is where the supply chain issues arise.

We ordered our PPEs from China Resouces Co. Ltd. It is a large respectable company from China:

?height=400&version=5060859

CHINA Resources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Resources

Yes and the issue here is the coveralls and lack of training

Yes and the issue here is the coveralls and lack of training

What should we do with our orders already arrived in Ireland? Should our health staff forced/trained to use those PPEs even if they are out of spec?

What should we do with our orders already arrived in Ireland? Should our health staff forced/trained to use those PPEs even if they are out of spec?

Same as Spain, I have no doubt they would be taken back adn swapped no hassle. If a song and dance is made about it to score political points and bash them for sending anything then maybe they should just swap the orders that isn't want the want and make sure the phone is engaged for the next six months like most companies do with customers like that

• Advertisement

Same as Spain, I have no doubt they would be taken back adn swapped no hassle. If a song and dance is made about it to score political points and bash them for sending anything then maybe they should just swap the orders that isn't want the want and make sure the phone is engaged for the next six months like most companies do with customers like that

But then we would be wasting valuable days/weeks if we return our stuff back to China for exchange, meanwhile our health care staff are exposing to risks due to lack of safe PPEs?

I think this is why we are so frustrated as we are urgently need those PPEs to flatten the curve.

But then we would be wasting valuable days/weeks if we return our stuff back to China for exchange, meanwhile our health care staff are exposing to risks due to lack of safe PPEs?

I think this is why we are so frustrated as we are urgently need those PPEs to flatten the curve.

wasn't like 65% ok, was that only a weeks worth? of not there there is loads of time to do returns. is there not 5 flights and 15 years supply as said to great fan fayre.

I think the public bashing of it was not the best way to go about it.

wasn't like 65% ok, was that only a weeks worth? of not there there is loads of time to do returns. is there not 5 flights and 15 years supply as said to great fan fayre.

I think the public bashing of it was not the best way to go about it.

Who is public bashing? RTE? I cannot remember Leo rang Xi asked for refund?

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1244930775390224385

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Who is public bashing? RTE? I cannot remember Leo rang Xi asked for refund?

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1244930775390224385

That whole photo looks like Leo's strategic communications at work...

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

God is that his diary? Is that all he has to do? Mine is genuinely a lot fuller. I'm actually shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are we paying for this tat?

i thought the chinese were sending this over free as good will gesture?

€208m

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0329/1127076-ppe-equipment-china/

https://insideireland.ie/2020/03/29/ppeconsignment/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

We and other countries should learn from this and start making our own....

We do. In kilmallock, Co. Limerick

Problem is they can only produce about 3m a week (24/7 operation) and obviously have to supply their regular customers.

One person in an icu could use a dozen masks a day.

they did send some free.

Someone has this wrong, either Chinese supplier messed up order and the company needs to be called out or the order was not clear from Ireland.

China as a whole taking the media abuse for where ever this went wrong seems order but the media seems to be delighted in just saying it is no good without details.

If China the state feel they are being unfairly brushed in this deal between the private supplier and the purchaser then they should call it out.

I know if a nation did that to Ireland I would expect Ireland to refuse to service them anymore supplies.

We have been given no details which to me implies it is just part of a smear.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

they did send some free.

Someone has this wrong, either Chinese supplier messed up order and the company needs to be called out or the order was not clear from Ireland.

China as a whole taking the media abuse for where ever this went wrong seems order but the media seems to be delighted in just saying it is no good without details.

If China the state feel they are being unfairly brushed in this deal between the private supplier and the purchaser then they should call it out.

I know if a nation did that to Ireland I would expect Ireland to refuse to service them anymore supplies.

We have been given no details which to me implies it is just part of a smear.

The fact that you stupidly believe that (let me guess that you were born after 1992) is the reason for most of our problems

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

The fault PPE shipment includes counterfeit masks - masks purporting to be from a particular manufacturer and/or to meet a particular standard. In reality cheap junk that has only a cosmetic resemblance to the genuine item.

Any example of abuse from Irish media?

At least HSE checked the boxes before sending PPEs to the frontline staff.

https://socialtelecast.com/china-fooled-pakistan-by-sending-masks-made-from-underwear-amid-covid-19-outbreak/
    In a bizarre incident China that has promised the medical aid assistance to the country of Pakistan by sending masks made out of underwear. It was further reported by the news channel that the Sindh provincial government has even sent the masks to hospitals without even checking the supplied masks. The outbreak of the deadly coronavirus has not left any of the major countries of the world and the infection had really spread over the large masses already. The effects have been devastating as the virus has taken as most as 50,000 lives all over the world and the number has been increasing day by day.

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1246382965791133697

We definitely should try to source some PPEs from Taiwan.

https://www.eupoliticalreport.eu/taiwan-donates-ppe-to-europe/

10 million is a tiny amount.

• Advertisement

it doesn't even look like it is even trying to be a N95 mask

The fact that you stupidly believe that (let me guess that you were born after 1992) is the reason for most of our problems

You seem to not want any details and accept whole heartedly

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

At what point between tianemen square and now did china stop being the bad guy...

This entire worldwide epidemic is at the fault if the chinese and their government coverup and shady practices. China should be paying for the lot

At what point between tianemen square and now did china stop being the bad guy...

This entire worldwide epidemic is at the fault if the chinese and their government coverup and shady practices. China should be paying for the lot

What a racist piece of work you are. You just collectively called out all chinese and have no evidence on anything.

Paying for what exactly? Are you a child?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

Not a reliable source but Fox and the details. Did you know Fox has claimed China will only supply PPE to France now in the time of Crisis if it signs a 5G deal now.

There is no way, any nation, even the CPC, would try that in the middle of this crisis. That is not politics.

Spain had to return 50,000 quick-testing kits to China after discovering they weren't working properly.

You should go and google the Spainish Foreign Minsiter comments on this, I watched the interview. They went rogue and bought off some random online.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

God is that his diary? Is that all he has to do? Mine is genuinely a lot fuller. I'm actually shocked.

I'd imagine there's plenty of EU summits put on the back burner for a few months. No galas with "captains of industry" either.

Eric?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Advertisement