Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favorite Wrestling Tag Team Tournament

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Both teams were before my time, but being a Bret fan and I couldn't care less for Shawn (great wrestler and career of course), going to stick with the Harts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Going too pick the rockers also as I loved Shawn back in the day and still do now! Bret not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I thought this would be the final at the beginning

i had sort of forgotten about the TLC period...

the reality of my choice is bret vs shawn,

i have never forgiven hbk for montreal! (or the barbershop)

so Hart Foundation for the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hart Foundation. They actually held the tag titles! (well, officially at least). All in all, the better team to my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Rockers for me, was a massive fan of the style

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Hart foundation for me... its not a singles competition (Brett v Shawn), Harts were the better tag team end of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Hart Foundation for me too. I'd debate Bret being better too, but even saying that Harts were a better team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Hart foundation, still the best wrestlers standing in this tourney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It needed a bit of sudden death over time but the decisive fall from Igotadose is what clinches it for the Hart Foundation. To be honest, I'd find it very hard to chose between them myself. Both had amazing things going for them. Rockers not getting a proper run with the belts is a shame. This one is going to be just as tough to decide. Let's do it.
    Edge & Christian

uimXRkrj-600x338.jpg

VS

The Hardy Boyz

d622906881b7d4be5a76b549ed8b2946.jpeg?v=1583907147

e5dc6e1c39bb8ac10a341e3fabd902f1.jpg

Still lita picture?? That could have swayed me!

I’ll go Edge and Christian... only just tho,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hardyz.

E&C are really WWE specific which is their only flaw.

Hardyz have won titles in several different promotions. Just tips the balance for me here.

Hardys, crazed maniacs in the ring, great team work.

Going with the Hardys, I think they just shade it..Swanton Bombs away !!!
    And the pop they got at Wrestlemania 33 as the 4th team for the fatal 4 way... shivers down the spine, love it !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVeC9wXZLUc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is a tough one but going for E & C

I would pick The Rockers over Harts if that still open

I'm going to go E and C, just, watched back some old clips of The Brood yesterday so that may have swayed me to them. Almost too close to call.

Both are great but as a team I'd go with the Hardys, just.

Jesus mate some semi.

For me, E&C pip it, just based on the impact they went on to have in the business after they broke up. Both teams are very, very close in terms of ability. Both brothers (though one in Kayfabe terms).

Huge fan of both teams. This one is killing me. But I'm sticking with E&C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Hardyz for me

But it's a very fine line between them

Two amazing teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well seeing as how the midnight express somehow aren't in either semi final I'll be going with edge and Christian all the way. A much better tag team and as singles they both won worlds titles more important in this business. WWE and NWA titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

i'm flip flopping all over the place here,

i always thought of myself to be a hardys fan,

during this I have watched some old E&C stuff and it turns out I totally underappreciated.

But like a kid with ADD and a shiny thing, I think the video of the WM 33 pop for the hardys has just swayed me

Broken Matt and Brother Nero for the win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm gonna go Hardys. E&C excellent as well of course but I just think the Hardys with Lita are the epitome of early 2000s WWF/E

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tough choice but I'll have to go the Hardyz, one of my favourite tag teams

Wow, a great bout and a worthy final if the draw went another way. It's the Hardy Boyz who make to the final... and that is coming up momentarily. Get your vote in when it's posted up!

And so it boils down to family. Two of the greatest tandems to ever do it are here after a grueling battle. It's Hardy vs Hart, it's Cameron vs Calgary, it's your grand final. One more time let's do this. Most votes inside 90 minutes wins this.
    The Hardy Boyz

d622906881b7d4be5a76b549ed8b2946.jpeg?v=1583907147

Road to Final

R1 def. Colossal Connection
    R2 def. The Outsiders
    R3 def. Foreign Legion
    QF def. New Age Outlaws
    SF def. Edge & Christian

VS

The Hart Foundation

5cf9f5b1099ed0c8af8c3ef216e581ff.jpg

Road to Final

R1 def. Big Bossman and Ken Shamrock
    R2 def. Money, Inc.
    R3 def. Demolition
    QF def. Dudley Boyz
    SF def. The Rockers

Hardy Boyz.

I've said it all before but mainly comes down to preference and I prefer the high-flying Hardyz to the more technical (well... Bret anyways) Harts.

Two great teams, not going to overthink this. Mainly based on being a big bret fan, going to vote the Harts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Hardyz for me

Just the whole Saturday morning watching smack down on sky one back in the day nostalgia

Harts for me, perfect mix of technical ability and brute strength, great as both a heel and face team also.

Hardyz here too! If they win tho you have to include a pic of Lita with the lads Mack

• Advertisement

60 minutes remaining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,413 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Hart foundation they were the icons of the time when I watched it.

Hardy Boyz - epitome of Attitude tag team, TLC pioneers, crazy in ring aerobatics, pushing extreme to the limits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I always thought I'd be more inclined to vote for vintage wrestlers because I grew up watching them in the late 80s early 90s - the Harts, Money Inc, LOD etc. Bret is one of my favourite wrestlers - feckin loved his entrance, his ringwork and the Sharpshooter. Never thought I'd vote against him in something like this.

I fell away from watching wrestling for a long time but would see bits and pieces sporadically - the Hardys were a class team and their style was so good to watch. Jeff in full flight is a sight to behold.

I'm so conflicted here but I think I'll have to go for the Hardy Boyz. Their look and style was just something else and I love the Swanton bomb

Think I may have gone overboard with my vote!

Hart foundation. Memorable, talented, showmanship. Hardy Boyz couldn't hold their water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Hardy Boyz, spectacular team to watch who gave everything every time they entered the squared circle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hart foundation as they were a Better team overall even though the hardys are no sloughes in the ring the hart foundation had the Better wrestler of the bunch in Bret hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The Hart Foundation are the winners for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

If it's not too late, Hardy Boyz for me, some great high flying wrestling, worked together really well as a tag team, a great look and entrance and both went on to have enjoyable-at-times single runs

Hary Boyz all the way. Part of the holy Trinity that set a tag team standard that most likely sill never be surpassed, especially given the fact that the WWE seem to not bother with it anymore.

Worthy Champs, call it.

Phew made it.

Hardyz for me. Just for the length of time they've done it, mainly as a team. Both have had significant singles success.

The Foundation had my favourite wrestler in Bret Hart, who went on to have an outstanding singles career, but Jim Neidhart - not so much.

But the Hardyz have done it longer, with more success, all over the world, in multiple promotions against a huge range of opponents.

Hardyz for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,225 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hart Foundation for me. Hardy Boyz were an amazing tag team and have hugely influenced a generation of tag team wrestlers. But the Harts influence was just as great on another generation. Mix of technique and brawn. I preferred their style too.

I'd ride all three of them. We've had some bizarre results in this tournament but Hardy Boyz would be a worthy winner. I can't say the same for Hart Foundation.

Hardy-Boyz-LIta-1280x720.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Hardyz for me!

I'd ride all three of them. We've had some bizarre results in this tournament but Hardy Boyz would be a worthy winner. I can't say the same for Hart Foundation.

FINALLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Cheers Omacarel for all the hard work putting this together.

Ladies and Gents, your deserving winners are Matt and Jeff...
    THE HARDY BOYZ

b43916a313ca88562045d9d3a6df0e62.jpg

Well run, Mack.

The favourite and best (face) tag team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Thanks for another great competition Omackeral.

Now that's extreme :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement