Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should Covid-19 clusters areas be identified to everyone.

• 29-03-2020 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭

Does it not make sense to identify these areas to the public so people can avoid these areas when the have to go out for shopping.
    Where i live for example there are 3 towns i can go to, so if there was a cluster in one i'm going to avoid it and reduce the risk to me and others.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Jizique

mgn wrote: »
    Does it not make sense to identify these areas to the public so people can avoid these areas when the have to go out for shopping.
    Where i live for example there are 3 towns i can go to, so if there was a cluster in one i'm going to avoid it and reduce the risk to me and others.

Nobody should be going more than 2km so what’s the point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Jizique wrote: »

If that was enforced half the people in country would starve, nearest town to me is 9 miles away, although there is a small shop in the village, that is still 4 miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Jizique

If that was enforced half the people in country would starve, nearest town to me is 9 miles away, although there is a small shop in the village, that is still 4 miles away.

Except for food shopping - you are still going to go to the nearest town surely, and if there is an identified cluster, one assumes they are self- isolating anyway

Except for food shopping - you are still going to go to the nearest town surely, and if there is an identified cluster, one assumes they are self- isolating anyway

If i knew of a cluster in the town that i normally go to, i would go to a different one for now, a few extra miles in a car is not going to bother me much these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭crossman47

If i knew of a cluster in the town that i normally go to, i would go to a different one for now, a few extra miles in a car is not going to bother me much these days.

You would and so would many others, some possibly carrying the virus, and so create a new cluster.

• Advertisement

And so will everyone else putting pressure on the other 2 towns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The decision has been made by the public health team that there is enough asymptomatic cases that working by cluster isn't a good idea.

If the HSE identify that there's a cluster in town x everyone in town x will go to town y and z. There will be enough asymptomatic carriers in town x that town y and z will be the same as town x.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,932 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's quite straightforward for everyone really. Maintain your 2m distance to minimise risks of contracting or passing it on. You really can have no idea if anyone you come into contact with has got it. Even if they have tested negative they can still have picked it up since their test. Maybe the best place to be is where there have been a large number of infections as you may well find a larger proportion have recovered and no longer infectious

Making no-go areas is not going to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

People are mixing this up. You are permitted to go up to 2km for exercise. This does not apply to anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do think we should be informed of the cluster locations, the more information and knowledge we have the better imho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I believe that are rolling out an app within the next 10 days. But will be an opt in service

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Site Banned Posts: 93 ✭✭Marsden35

I hope it also shows paedos with corona so we can keep our elderly AND children safe.

I can't think of any drawbacks other than people travelling further to do their shopping or even going to stay with relatives in said area. It might induce more population movement which we don't want.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I do think we should be informed of the cluster locations, the more information and knowledge we have the better imho

Every time information has been given, people have responded in the worst possible way. 1 more pint down the pub, queue at McDonalds, panic shopping.

The less people know the better.

We already have people here saying they’ll avoid those areas at all costs if they knew. So they’d just be dragging the virus elsewhere anyways.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just assume everywhere is a possible cluster and take precautions regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,037 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Marsden35 wrote: »
    I hope it also shows paedos with corona so we can keep our elderly AND children safe.

What the f*ck is this?

If there is a known pedophile, your concern is whether or not they have corona?
    Or, if there is an app released, you want to use this opportunity to identify the location of pedophiles?

Either way, it seems a bizarre train of though to be on at this particular point in time unless it is part of a prior agenda.

Or was it meant to be some sort of joke? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,037 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Yakult wrote: »
    Just assume everywhere is a possible cluster and take precautions regardless.

Assume you have it, but thankfully are symptom free, and behave accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

But what happens then is the people in Clusterville go to the two other towns and spread the virus there.

• Site Banned Posts: 93 ✭✭Marsden35

What the f*ck is this?

If there is a known pedophile, your concern is whether or not they have corona?
    Or, if there is an app released, you want to use this opportunity to identify the location of pedophiles?

Either way, it seems a bizarre train of though to be on at this particular point in time unless it is part of a prior agenda.

Or was it meant to be some sort of joke? :confused::confused::confused:

There are apps in the USA that show you paedos in the area. It was a joke. Settle down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I believe that are rolling out an app within the next 10 days. But will be an opt in service

Pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,485 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Is there anything to say these clusters are town or village sized or building sized? I thought I heard something about them mainly being nursing homes. No point in identifying a building when people shouldn't be going there to visit anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its far to say the cat is now out of the bag, avoid nursing homes and people who work in them,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Some people are so overwhelmed with the need for gossip and drama that they will make any excuse to get details “ I need to know where the clusters are for reasons I can’t really explain”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

The decision has been made by the public health team that there is enough asymptomatic cases that working by cluster isn't a good idea.

If the HSE identify that there's a cluster in town x everyone in town x will go to town y and z. There will be enough asymptomatic carriers in town x that town y and z will be the same as town x.

Is this same public health team that has let people walk through airports for the last few months unchecked your on about, if it is i think i would prefer to know where the clusters are.

But what happens then is the people in Clusterville go to the two other towns and spread the virus there.

So you think a person without the virus is better off going to clusterville and hope that he doesn't get it rather than avoid it.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Some people are so overwhelmed with the need for gossip and drama that they will make any excuse to get details “ I need to know where the clusters are for reasons I can’t really explain”

I can explain, it's called taking extra precautions trying to stay safe.

Ireland is too small to keep such things a secret,if there was a cluster,it would be known in locality within days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

So you think a person without the virus is better off going to clusterville and hope that he doesn't get it rather than avoid it.

I think that's preferable to the population of Clusterville panicking, getting out, and potentially spreading it to places where there is no cluster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

well stay away from hospitals and Arklow . That’s where one of the husband and wife who caught it returned to from their ski trip in Italy- opening their businesses and practices before being brought into A&E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I think that's preferable to the population of Clusterville panicking, getting out, and potentially spreading it to places where there is no cluster.

Plus giving some ejjits a sense complacency thinking its nothing to do with them its not in their area.

Advertisement