Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Inward Payment Advice

• 29-03-2020 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

Is there anyway of stopping them sending me this by post? I tried ringing them and they said no but surely there must be some way or another. I'm really anxious about this because its got all my banking details on there which are not even hidden.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Someone asked the same question here: https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057584948

If they have said theres no way to stop them, then I guess not. What kind of details are you afraid of being shared?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭raclle

I know its a petty thing to be worrying about at the moment

@spocker - its got my address, BAN, sort code, IBAN and BIC number

@Mr.S - I've eDocuments enabled

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

IBAN = sort code + account number, and have been on cheques for years. It's not uncommon for any utility company (for example) to have those details, plus your address.

If you are concerned with the fact that all this information is on a single letter that may be stolen, you have significant protection from the bank from any unauthorised transactions, you just need to monitor your own account, thats all

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

raclle wrote: »
    @spocker - its got my address, BAN, sort code, IBAN and BIC number

Those details go with every single transaction you make along with your name and address details. And in some cases to speed up transmission some of the players don't even bother to encrypt them.

So stop worrying, if they could have been of any interest hackers would have had them long ago.

Ok thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I get these too and the info on it doesn't bother me but the waste of paper and postage does :) I don't need it and I actually got a letter from them a while back saying they wouldn't be sending them anymore which I thought was great but they are still coming!

Yeah I was told the end of this month but because of the virus it will be later.

Advertisement