Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Initial step to patenting a product

Options
  • 29-03-2020 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the very first move to patenting a product?

I have not seen it before and believe it could be a new and very useful item for everyday use.

I would be interested in pitching it to suitable companies but obviously I need some protection from just giving it away.

If it is a product, would I have to actually make it or does a drawing suffice. I would need some help in designing it of you get me. You could say it is more of an idea but I think certain companies would be very interested.

Any suggestions much appreciated and feel free to PM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sukhoi35

Or to put it another way, does anyone know of any patent attorneys/lawyers who could point me in the right direction?

I would like to protect the idea before I go to a design company for drawings and prototypes if that makes sense.

I was thinking I could at least write my initial thoughts and some sketches and mail them to myself? Obviously that is far from desirable and effective but I will need some help to get the ball moving.

I am a Pilot by trade so I do not know anyone in the business world. If anyone knows anyone who deals with Entrepreneurs and might have some contacts,I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Stanford

Try these guys

https://www.tomkins.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Stanford

Advertisement